Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
i hope someone resurrects (lol) darren goughs classic 'ghost' "sledge" on haris sohail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pCJI-_LHC0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

You get 42 transfers over the first 21 matches, ie it's more about how you roll your squad over than just picking the 11 best players for the whole tournament.

:ssh: There's 1 team that plays 3 times in the first 9 days and only 2 that play 2 :ssh:

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Does it take into account when a player is reprimanded or fined for behaviour?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Ratios and Tendency posted:

You get 42 transfers over the first 21 matches, ie it's more about how you roll your squad over than just picking the 11 best players for the whole tournament.

:ssh: There's 1 team that plays 3 times in the first 9 days and only 2 that play 2 :ssh:

Cheers for this

although i think 2 of those 3 are going to get demolished.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Should I aim for the best players on the worst teams like I do in NBA fantasy?

Steve Smith :glomp:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Ratios and Tendency posted:

That seems very labour intensive.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
In another tragic incident on the field, 18-year-old Zeeshan Mohammed died after being struck on the chest by a cricket ball.

Doctors at the Orangi Town General Hospital said that Mohammed died from a heart seizure after he was struck by the cricket ball during a club match in Orangi on Sunday.

“He was brought to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival,” Doctor Samad at the hospital said. “We were told he was hit on the chest by a fast bowler while batting and collapsed on the pitch,” he said.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I made a team and Adam Milne is my dark horse even though he's injured and he sucks and i hate him.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I made a team and Adam Milne is my dark horse even though he's injured and he sucks and i hate him.

You monster.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Scylo posted:

In another tragic incident on the field, 18-year-old Zeeshan Mohammed died after being struck on the chest by a cricket ball.

Doctors at the Orangi Town General Hospital said that Mohammed died from a heart seizure after he was struck by the cricket ball during a club match in Orangi on Sunday.

“He was brought to the hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival,” Doctor Samad at the hospital said. “We were told he was hit on the chest by a fast bowler while batting and collapsed on the pitch,” he said.

http://www.india.com/sports/pakistani-teenage-cricketer-zeeshan-mohammed-dies-after-being-hit-on-chest-261592

quote:

Pakistani teenage cricketer Zeeshan Mohammed dies after being hit on chest
By Press Trust of India @indiacom | January 26, 2015 8:48 PM | comment Tags: Cricket, Pakistan cricket, Phil Hughes, Sean Abbot, Zeeshan Mohammed

Good to see that Phil Hughes and Sean Abbot are tagged first in this article about the kid's death.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

RideTheSpiral posted:

http://www.india.com/sports/pakistani-teenage-cricketer-zeeshan-mohammed-dies-after-being-hit-on-chest-261592

Good to see that Phil Hughes and Sean Abbot are tagged first in this article about the kid's death.

Definitely nothing to do with the alphabet.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Airstream Driver posted:

Definitely nothing to do with the alphabet.

Very convenient!

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:
http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...y-1227198299018

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...126-12y7wd.html

inb4 Clarke is fit to play but Smith captains anyway

also mentioned in that second story.... of course Warner lives in the mansion they filmed Geordie Shore in

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/65449693/pakistan-cricketer-haris-sohail-sees-ghost-in-hotel

So um, well I don't really know.

Auditore
Nov 4, 2010

Scylo posted:

The funniest thing about the pricing is that Glenn Maxwell is worth the same as Steve Smith. I get that they came up with the prices by looking at career stats, but based on recent form maxwell should be worth about $50k (I picked him anyway)

Na mate I hear he's hitting it really well in the nets.

Spamtheman
May 30, 2005

Effer of the ineffable
In as Autoerotic Asphyxiation Tribute Team, go South Africa!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Narine isn't going because he doesn't trust his action.

The spin-pocalyse enters its second year.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
so it turns out that stuart broad is a bit of a cock

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

IceAgeComing posted:

Water wet, more at 11

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Nah. He's more of a petulant oval office.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I for one am shocked one of the faces that fit from the ECB public school old boys network is a tory shite

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
brad hodge is better than stuart broad

Brad Hodge @bradhodge007 · Jan 19
Why is there no mining tax in Australia? You cannot take out and not put back in!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Steve Smith won Australian test and odi player of the year as well as the Allen border medal for overall cricketer of the year. His only challenge came from Warner.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

Scylo posted:

brad hodge is better than stuart broad

Brad Hodge @bradhodge007 · Jan 19
Why is there no mining tax in Australia? You cannot take out and not put back in!

He is better than Cameron White as well:

quote:

What global issue concerns you the most?

The Greens

http://www.bushrangers.com.au/team/cameron-white

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Steve Smith won Australian test and odi player of the year as well as the Allen border medal for overall cricketer of the year. His only challenge came from Warner.

Who took home the prized "Sledge of the Year" gong?

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

IceAgeComing posted:

What did he say/do?

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/31011948

England fast bowler Stuart Broad has apologised after making comments about the UK minimum wage on Twitter.
The 28-year-old tweeted: "I've heard if you earn minimum wage in England you're in the top 10% earners in the world. #stay #humble."
Broad, who is in Australia on England duty, deleted the message after angry replies from some Twitter users.
Broad then posted: "No offence meant and sorry if any taken. The hashtag was aimed at myself."
The Nottinghamshire seamer is due to face India in the tri-series in Sydney on Friday.
In another post, he wrote: "Clarifying my earlier tweet, I merely wanted to emphasise my amazement at just how big the world is."
Since October 2014, the UK minimum wage has been £6.50 an hour for adults aged 21 and over, and £5.13 for those aged 18 to 20.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

gay picnic defence posted:

What did he say/do?

quote:

"I've heard if you earn minimum wage in England you're in the top 10% earners in the world. #stay #humble."

Poor people, how do they work

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Oh the old tory "sorry if you were offended" non-apology.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Scylo posted:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cricket/31011948

England fast bowler Stuart Broad has apologised after making comments about the UK minimum wage on Twitter.
The 28-year-old tweeted: "I've heard if you earn minimum wage in England you're in the top 10% earners in the world. #stay #humble."
Broad, who is in Australia on England duty, deleted the message after angry replies from some Twitter users.
Broad then posted: "No offence meant and sorry if any taken. The hashtag was aimed at myself."
The Nottinghamshire seamer is due to face India in the tri-series in Sydney on Friday.
In another post, he wrote: "Clarifying my earlier tweet, I merely wanted to emphasise my amazement at just how big the world is."
Since October 2014, the UK minimum wage has been £6.50 an hour for adults aged 21 and over, and £5.13 for those aged 18 to 20.

Another pathetic Tory oval office. Not surprised at all

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

drat, £6.50 an hour. Is that survivable?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Depends where you live.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Anywhere near London.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a0jHf4NQtc

Maxwell wants to play like Smith lol

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
StuBro is actually committed to Maoism Third-Worldism so good on him

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Airstream Driver posted:

Anywhere near London.

Eh... depends how you define living. You might be working 100 hours a month to cover rent.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
i would like broad to further clarify his comments on how minimum wage earners in the UK representing part of the top 10% of earners in the world correlates with 'how big the world is'.

a man who has travelled the four corners of the globe for cricket, how big did he think the world was before?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He didn't realise just how many poors there are in the world.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
bollocks, dude's been to india and south africa plenty of times, did he never look out a damned window?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Theoretically he doesn't know how big the world is.