Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

Onmi posted:

why didn't they use the music they got him for 2k15?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t58VdBJmWQc

I mean that's perfect.

God, they're still doing that generic unisex commentary thing in the games. Yuke's is awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Bryan vs Rollins in some sort of "I have a right to a title shot because I was never beaten for it!" "I have the money in the bank suitcase!" "WE MUST FIGHT" feud would be a really good WM match. Especially if Bryan wins, then Rollins later cashes in - leaving ol' D-Bry right in the thick of a chance to pick up the belt sometime in spring/summer.

Or Rollins will fight Orton and Bryan will just fight Sheamus on the preshow.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I don't necessarily want Roman to fail. That said, I think a lot of people's attitudes towards his megapush are along these lines:

Just replace the music-related terms with rasslin'-related terms and there ya go v:shobon:v

Roman Reigns is the Nickelback of wrestling.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's more of a Coldplay.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cardboard Box posted:

bryan vs ziggler given 15+ minutes would very likely steal the show, if it were to happen

Bryan/Ziggler at Bragging Rights in....2010?...was what sold me on him. Absolutely stole the show that night, and I think it ended up as the WWE MotY as well.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I wasn't following wrestling at the time, but I've heard that Lesnar/Goldberg was a historic mania fuckup. What was the speculation like on the internet leading up to that?

I only ask because I was around last year and I know what that was like and want to increase the sample size of Very Bad Ideas leading into mania.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

AlmightyPants posted:

I wasn't following wrestling at the time, but I've heard that Lesnar/Goldberg was a historic mania fuckup. What was the speculation like on the internet leading up to that?

I only ask because I was around last year and I know what that was like and want to increase the sample size of Very Bad Ideas leading into mania.

From what I remember, it was fairly common knowledge that Goldberg was on his way out, but that Lesnar leaving was unexpected.

It leaked at the worst time, like a few days prior to Wrestlemania, and the fact that Wrestlemania 20 was taking place in New York meant that the already fairly smarky crowd was going to be incredibly smarky.

That whole match was pretty much a perfect storm of a Bad Situation. You had Goldberg who wasn't exactly a ring general and Lesnar, who while being supremely gifted and talented, was fairly new as well. Both were pretty rattled by the crowd reaction and weren't 100% sure how to proceed. Add in the fact that you had Austin who, in the average WWE fan's eyes, could do no wrong, as the special guest referee (and someone for the crowd to latch onto) and things were going to go loving sideways.

Lesnar is a little older/wiser and could probably handle a hostile crowd better than he did back at WM20. It'll be interesting to see what the gently caress happens with Reigns and how he'll handle being poo poo on (if he gets poo poo on.)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Perdido posted:

From what I remember, it was fairly common knowledge that Goldberg was on his way out, but that Lesnar leaving was unexpected.

It leaked at the worst time, like a few days prior to Wrestlemania, and the fact that Wrestlemania 20 was taking place in New York meant that the already fairly smarky crowd was going to be incredibly smarky.

That whole match was pretty much a perfect storm of a Bad Situation. You had Goldberg who wasn't exactly a ring general and Lesnar, who while being supremely gifted and talented, was fairly new as well. Both were pretty rattled by the crowd reaction and weren't 100% sure how to proceed. Add in the fact that you had Austin who, in the average WWE fan's eyes, could do no wrong, as the special guest referee (and someone for the crowd to latch onto) and things were going to go loving sideways.

Lesnar is a little older/wiser and could probably handle a hostile crowd better than he did back at WM20. It'll be interesting to see what the gently caress happens with Reigns and how he'll handle being poo poo on (if he gets poo poo on.)

Also, neither Brock or Goldberg gave a poo poo.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Are there any goons going to the Feb 9th Raw in Columbus? I'll be in town visiting family, and could use a night off.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Perdido posted:

Yeah Brock could just make that face he made after he sat up in the Summerslam match last year to the crowd to show them he gives zero fucks, about anything, ever.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Honestly I'm pretty sure they'll use Bryan to set up Reigns next challenger. Sheamus is a good match up for Reigns, and so put him over Bryan and keep him strong for two or three months of PPVS and they're grand.

Or they would be if the crowd won't revolt on the card post Bryan loss.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Memento posted:

Yeah Brock could just make that face he made after he sat up in the Summerslam match last year to the crowd to show them he gives zero fucks, about anything, ever.

Got a .gif, perchance?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Perdido posted:

Got a .gif, perchance?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3602154#post424352904

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

That's awesome, and I'm now imagining Brock sounding like the giggling orc from Shadows of Mordor.

Lord Of Texas
Dec 26, 2006

AlmightyPants posted:

They at least had the foresight to not make it for either title (which was the original rumor in the fall of '03 - Raw champion vs Smackdown champion), with Goldberg known to be leaving.

Besides Goldberg leaving after 'Mania, they also had a contract issue with Goldberg similar to what Lesnar had now - Goldberg was only signed for a limited amount of dates, and by the time for the Mania buildup, his dates were almost out. So the match was built more as an Austin/Lesnar feud than a Goldberg/Lesnar feud.

If that was the main event, you could call it a disaster, but it was really just a silly midcard sideshow where the crowd got to goof off.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Perdido posted:

Got a .gif, perchance?

There's that one, which is a good start.

This is the face of a man who knows he is unstoppable.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Memento posted:

That sit-up proves it. Brock stole Taker's powers!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Brock Lesnar is the sweatiest man alive.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I think Mark Henry would have something to say about that claim.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
He probably absorbed it from Henry.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

If anti-Roman people really want to make a difference, buy Bryan merch.

fwiw, hardcore fans already have the reputation of not needing to be catered to because they buy the shows and their guy's merch anyway

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Memento posted:

It really does come off like he's inwardly chuckling and is fighting the urge to just scream "you are a fool"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So 1 million Network subscribers is a good number no doubt, but Meltzer explained that in order to make up for the lost PPV money they need to be at 1.4 million subscribers every single month.

I could maybe see getting closer to 1.4 million for Mania, but keeping those people subscribed over the death period between Summerslam and Rumble will be a challenge for sure.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Spermgod posted:

those people would still be counted until their subscription expires anyway. not that youre wrong

It's already factored in for when they return for Wrestlemania because y'all a bunch of puppets!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Brock Sweatnar

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I was genuinely worried for him in that Cena match. Man was turning purple like it was Punch Out and he was Soda Popinski.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

This year's Mania card (based on Dave's speculation which has almost always been right since I've subscribed) doesn't impress me at all on paper, especially compared to 2014's.

Lesnar/Reigns
Sting/HHH
Taker/Wyatt
Cena/Rusev
Bryan vs maybe either Sheamus or Ziggler

I was really hoping we'd at least get Rock to return after he was hyped for the Rumble. I'm curious to see how Sting finally wrestle in the WWE, but based on what I've heard of his latter TNA tenure and the fact he was never that great a worker to begin with I can't imagine his match will be that great.

Taker/Wyatt and Cena/Rusev are both perfectly logical matches that just really don't do anything for me personally, and I'm sure Bryan's match will be enjoyable but "Daniel Bryan in a good match" is hardly a special Mania draw.

triplexpac posted:

So 1 million Network subscribers is a good number no doubt, but Meltzer explained that in order to make up for the lost PPV money they need to be at 1.4 million subscribers every single month.

I could maybe see getting closer to 1.4 million for Mania, but keeping those people subscribed over the death period between Summerslam and Rumble will be a challenge for sure.

Yeah, I was ahead of the rest of the smarks and canceled before the Rumble since my plan all along was to subscribe for the 30 days that would cover Rumble, NXT Special, and Fast Lane. I'll resub again for Mania and Extreme Rules now that there's no commitment. I'm going to want to watch Mania no matter how terrible the build is but if things don't improve by Extreme Rules they'll have lost me.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Watch, we'll get the worst of Terrible Smark Booking. Bryan retires Kane tomorrow. Taker comes back to take him on at 'Mania. Then goes after Lesnar, so we get another full year of the belt never being on TV.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

triplexpac posted:

Is the just for year 1 or in perpetuity? If the latter they're hosed. :(

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Thauros posted:

I'm sure Bryan's match will be enjoyable but "Daniel Bryan in a good match" is hardly a special Mania draw.

Yeah I can't think of what the angle would be for this match other than 'I'm the best'. In storyline, both he and Zigs have been major targets for the Authority so I don't know what they'd concoct for an issue between them.

I'm legitimately concerned with Taker/Wyatt, which sounds good to a guy like me who's into theatrics, but if something happens with Taker like it did last year there's no way Wyatt can carry the match like Brock did.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Taker should hang it up

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah I can't think of what the angle would be for this match other than 'I'm the best'. In storyline, both he and Zigs have been major targets for the Authority so I don't know what they'd concoct for an issue between them.

I'm legitimately concerned with Taker/Wyatt, which sounds good to a guy like me who's into theatrics, but if something happens with Taker like it did last year there's no way Wyatt can carry the match like Brock did.

To be fair, Bray's offense is a lot less likely to randomly concuss an opponent by accident than Brock's.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Liquid Communism posted:

To be fair, Bray's offense is a lot less likely to randomly concuss an opponent by accident than Brock's.

That's another thing - Bray is going to be under pressure from both the agents/brass and himself to work super safe, which will probably hurt the match unless they overbook it with holograms and exploding TV's.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I don't like Taker's chances of walking out of there after one of Bray's lariats. Or the Flying Bear.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oldpainless posted:

Taker should hang it up

Think of how bad this Mania card would look without Taker though. The only thing that would seem remotely special is HHH vs Sting.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Undertaker concussed himself bumping to the floor outside the ring after a punch and it had basically nothing to do with Brock's offense or physicality.

Cultlife
Jan 1, 2012

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Undertaker concussed himself bumping to the floor outside the ring after a punch and it had basically nothing to do with Brock's offense or physicality.

It was a single leg takedown, but yeah it was all taker.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
As low as my interest in the overall WWE product is right now I still think that looks like a pretty strong card, stronger than last year's on paper. Of course it doesn't have anything close to the story of last year's show but the in-ring stuff should be good. Bryan and Cena generally have very good matches, Reigns/Lesnar will be laid out move for move to ensure it doesn't suck and will probably be an entertaining spectacle just for the crowd response regardless. HHH/Sting has the potential to be a real stinker depending on how much HHH's ego convinces him he can carry over the hill Sting to a good match without a ton of smoke and mirrors, but even then I'll enjoy seeing him flounder on a huge stage due to his own hubris.

As for Bray/Taker, it seems to me that people are jumping the gun a little in saying Taker can't go anymore because of one match where he happened to get concussed early (and yes I've seen the photos of him that don't look any different from the photos of him during his 364 days off that circulate every year lately). Even if the match is bad I always mark for Taker's entrance.

Spermgod fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jan 28, 2015

Padje
Sep 10, 2003

I don't much care for the attitude of filthy money-lenders

Jerusalem posted:

I am VERY confused about the Bryan promo though, because it indicated they were actually running with the idea of Roman having been given a smooth ride to the top by the top brass. Roman's earlier interview where he pretty much went,"Am I here because of nepotism? Sure am! :haw:" added to the sense that they seemed to be pushing Roman got an unfair advantage, but then the final promo pretty much nullified that.

Roman Reigns will prove he's deserving when he beats Bryan at Fast Lane!

The crowd will be won over!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Padje posted:

Roman Reigns will prove he's deserving when he beats Bryan at Fast Lane!

The crowd will be won over!

hahah Roman is going to put on a 5 star classic with The Big Show in a last man standing match.

• Locked thread