Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

App, what you seem to be saying is that you literally had no time but to check vote finder, drop a vote, and leave?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

to be clear, you're not saying that your ability was conditional on the no cuddle yesterday, right?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

to be clear, you're not saying that your ability was conditional on the no cuddle yesterday, right?

Correct.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

just that you see yourself as, what, potentially the town counterweight to a scum cuddle proof player?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

And my ability is unambiguously an extra puppy cuddle. I have to eventually challenge someone to a duel between me and them, and the thread has to reach majority on that vote. If the day ends before majority is reached, whoever has more votes gets killed. My weapon is a sword, so I don't know if Quidnose can be offed this way, and I doubt Epsilon will clarify something that critical considering Quidnose could be fake-claiming.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Can you explain this read?

Not really? Like I said at the time, it was pure gut.

As far as this poll goes, I am just throwing darts at a board and in no way have anything to back this up:

1. Exakt
2. Hiipfire
3. Amnistar

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ernie. posted:

That said: A few points of concern

Quidnose's is a defensive advantage. It means Quidnose needs it. The defensive advantage town has is its numbers. And in context of my ability, an extra puppy cuddle should we lose one because of him. It means Quidnose is probably 3P or an SK. In addition, the way he claimed, (right near the deadline, maximizing our opportunities of a no cuddle if everyone tries to switch away) is very suspect.

Ideally the scum should take him out, because come on, how silly are they.

Or, I teach until 3PM PST, and my post was the first opportunity I had to check the thread.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

oh my god why didn't you say THUNDERDOME earlier

i love thunderdome

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

just that you see yourself as, what, potentially the town counterweight to a scum cuddle proof player?

Or a serial killer with 1 or 2x bproof.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This is dumb. Someone vig me. This is not good discussion for town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CirclMastr posted:

As far as this poll goes, I am just throwing darts at a board and in no way have anything to back this up:

1. Exakt
2. Hiipfire
3. Amnistar

Why am I not on this list?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
That confirms third parties, at least. I expected a serial killer/megaman night kill, though.

Quidnose posted:

This is a post people make after Gamer has been mislynched, not during D1 when we don't have any idea of Gamer's alignment. Why is Somber CONVINCED I am making an attack on an easy target? Is it because he knows Gamer is town?

I see your argument, but I think that it'd be far to transparent. Throughout D1 I was a primary lynch target, nearly getting it at the end until it switched over to you - And Somber defended me pretty actively. Getting a sympathy nod for defending a town after I get lynched is probably scum 101, but he was doing it way to aggressively. He probably isn't scum simply because he's experienced; it was to much of a loud and obvious play.

We're both not scum because he would simply want to bus me, too.

Why are you lynchproof, Quid?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

i love thunderdome

it's not thunderdome since people can vote outside it and inside it, and it doesn't end the day if consensus is reached

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

1. Exakt
2. Hiipfire
3. Amnistar

CirclMastr, I asked you to do me a favor. Please do it.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Quidnose posted:

App, what you seem to be saying is that you literally had no time but to check vote finder, drop a vote, and leave?

That is exactly what I am saying.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

i love thunderdome

can't we just get beyond thunderdome

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

Why are you lynchproof, Quid?

I'm Quick Man. Too fast to be caught. I breadcrumbed that a shitton D1.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Ernie. posted:

CirclMastr, I asked you to do me a favor. Please do it.

What did you ask?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ernie. posted:

CirclMastr, I want you to take the player list from the OP, copy and paste it here https://www.random.org/lists/, and whichever name comes out on top I'd like you to just tell me what you think of the way they replied to two people, whether they were being overly friendly to curry favor with someone, or throwing unnecessary doubt that you don't think was that serious etc.

Go.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

CirclMastr posted:

What did you ask?

Can you answer my question too? Thanks.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hey Ernie, can you tell me why I was targeted for the NK last night?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Could you go into detail about this, please? How do you know?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Knew it.

I knew that the Krell kill wasn't a scum kill. Did you kill krell, then?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Quidnose posted:

And probably because someone on the scum team came to the same conclusion that I did.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Ernie. posted:

Knew it.

That's not consistent with you putting me on your list mister

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Ernie. posted:

CirclMastr, I want you to take the player list from the OP, copy and paste it here https://www.random.org/lists/, and whichever name comes out on top I'd like you to just tell me what you think of the way they replied to two people, whether they were being overly friendly to curry favor with someone, or throwing unnecessary doubt that you don't think was that serious etc.

Go.

Ack, my bad.

Poison Mushroom came out on top...

I don't really have a read on Poison Mushroom? She made a number of friendly posts that all seemed to be in good humor, and then stopped posting when things got serious near the end of the day. I mean, case in point...

Poison Mushroom posted:

Welcome to day 1 in an SA mafia game, where everything's made up, and the votes don't matter.

I have no idea if this is accurate or not, but it certainly seems so, in the sense that there wasn't really anything concrete to base a vote on. I took that at more or less face value, because what else could I do? If there is some actual strategy behind dissecting early joke posts, it's certainly beyond me.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Quidnose posted:

Can you answer my question too? Thanks.

As to why you're not on the list? Because I honestly don't know enough about Mafia roles to know if not dying from the lynch is automatically scummy, and like I said when I made the list, I have almost nothing to go on because my grasp of what's going on is tenuous at best.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
If there was a fourth spot on the list mine would be Pmush, who is being weird this game.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

That's not consistent with you putting me on your list mister

It's consistent with me putting CPig on top, actually. I also said I don't think you're scummy at all.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ernie. posted:

Knew it.

Nope, that was a bait. It just seems like you are convinced that there were two kills last night, and I'm wondering why.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Ernie. posted:

Knew it.

I think it was the other way around.

There are third parties in this game and if the "Megaman" role isn't a serial killer I would be surprised. Scum killed Krell because he's Krell, Megaman tries to kill Quid because he might be dangerous/lynch-proof scum (?!?) and fails.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Speaking of tenuous grasp, what just happened? What does NK mean in this context? (I would guess 'no-kill' but how are you targeted for not being killed? or does that refer to a doctor-type role?)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Quidnose posted:

Nope, that was a bait. It just seems like you are convinced that there were two kills last night, and I'm wondering why.

I have doubts that any scum team that watched the deadline's events wouldn't be threatened by you.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Speaking of tenuous grasp, what just happened? What does NK mean in this context? (I would guess 'no-kill' but how are you targeted for not being killed? or does that refer to a doctor-type role?)

It means nightkill. IE, scum kill at night or various roles like vigilante.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

NK is nightkill. It's usually exclusively used language for the scum team's nightkill ability. Townie's who kill at night are usually referred to as the 'nightvig', and serial killers/3p players usually as themselves.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Gamerofthegame posted:

I think it was the other way around.

There are third parties in this game and if the "Megaman" role isn't a serial killer I would be surprised. Scum killed Krell because he's Krell, Megaman tries to kill Quid because he might be dangerous/lynch-proof scum (?!?) and fails.

To go into detail about this; otherwise the third party would have to SK another third party, which is always a possibility with Krell on your team but I doubt it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Quidnose posted:

If you somehow are alluding to me being scum, I might just go ahead and thunderdome with you straight up.

The insinuation here is ridiculous. It's that

1) I am scum. I probably performed an action last night as part of the scumteam? Like maybe the nightkill?
2) Today I am capable of performing a day action.

and

3) CPig is going out of his way to say I'm not scum as a giant ruse that you've uncovered.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey scum thanks for killing Krell so I can play. I will repay your thoughtfulness by lynching you all.

I'll read the thread tomorrow!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

And that that is all somehow more plausible to you than me being someone with an extra puppy cuddle to offset the ability that you claim to have in case town screw themselves over because of it.

How can someone with your ability not go 'yeah Ernie's role makes sense'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Rarity posted:

Hey scum thanks for killing Krell so I can play. I will repay your thoughtfulness by lynching you all.

I'll read the thread tomorrow!

##vote rarity

So she won't feel like she missed out on home-based.

• Locked thread