Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

please tell me I'm the first to post this http://austin.culturemap.com/news/city-life/10-04-13-austin-woman-dates-alleged-criminal-mastermind/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

just look at this loving guy's laptop

here's his /var/www directory

http://antilop.cc/sr/exhibits/253456464-Silk-Road-exhibits-GX-212A.pdf

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

MR. DRATEL
It is just a MacBook and I don't have a MacBook.

I've never used a Mac. I'm going to have to have someone scroll it down to that particular timeframe.

Mr. Horowitz, could you scroll it back to where it was. I'm sorry. The last time I touched the touchscreen the entire document disappeared.

lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I haven't even started reading it but I had to post it as soon as I saw the headline:

Austin woman's first date with alleged Silk Road drug lord leads her to promptly stop dating

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

holy lol. dpr sounds pretty classy

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

http://antilop.cc/sr/exhibits/253456501-Silk-Road-exhibits-GX-272.pdf

VVVVVV drat

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

FCKGW posted:

that antelope site has the linked evidence images too

http://antilop.cc/sr/#exhibit

magical

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

drat it wasn't that good, the most damning thing from it was

quote:

I had two cats at the time, and Ross didn't seem like a huge fan of cats. Like every other man on this planet, he claimed he was allergic.

which very clearly contradicts that photo on the FREE ROSS ULBRICHT page

good enough for me

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

2 Photograph of narcotics and white board with message stating
"PROOF SILK ROAD SEPT 20, DPR <3"

Robawesome
Jul 22, 2005

DPR <3

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

no way this is not real i am actually in tears

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This is amazing. And they used that awful photo too.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
this whole time i thought he just had the trading infrastructure and wasnt actually mailing out hundreds of kilos of cocaine

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
On Wednesday, she was perusing CultureMap when she saw an article about the FBI's arrest of the alleged Silk Road architect (and fellow Austinite) Ross Ulbricht. "I saw the picture and I was like, 'Oh my God! That's the guy!'" Williams tells CultureMap.

take a guess which picture it was :v:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
that said the white balance on that photo is poo poo agg

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

[root]/home/frosty/Documents/archive/Documents/reference/ids.jpg

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
to ross william ulbricht, hubris is when someone you don't know gets circumcised

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

i like some of the stuff on his to do list

post on forum
post on twitter

pay off bugger
17LqFWnkP48nkgBsxt6fAtX1GJXBBTeRxc
$55k

write weekly summary

MEMORIZE
memorize backup login
memorize cimon email and dprid password
memorize inigo handshake
    read any good books lately?
       anything by rothbard
    how much were you fined for posession
      $200

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Oh, holy crap, that is transcendent. Frat party. Bonfire. The whole thing.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

ive come to the realization that i must be living in a movie

Rick Ross Ulbricht
Feb 3, 2010

put yourself in the shoes of a prosecutor trying to build a case against you. what evidence could they pin on you? there is nothing on your laptop for them to use, if you obscure your bitcoins propperly, there is no way for them to trace them back to me.

Boxturret posted:

memorize inigo handshake
    read any good books lately?
       anything by rothbard
    how much were you fined for posession
      $200

i always enjoy reading about this cloak and dagger bullshit :3:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

should have asked if they were a cop, none of this would have happened

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

AlbieQuirky posted:

Oh, holy crap, that is transcendent. Frat party. Bonfire. The whole thing.

Holy poo poo, james franco as ross ulbrict, seth rogan as mark karpeles, rob riggle as the undercover mod guy.

danny mcbride as the defense attorney

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

At first I thought this was a govt photo and then I noticed the <3. Did Ross just take a whole bunch of drugs to the library or office or something?

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Tayter Swift posted:

this whole time i thought he just had the trading infrastructure and wasnt actually mailing out hundreds of kilos of cocaine

sounds like he was taking everybody's money and drugs and making sure they got to the right people. like a mtgox, but with drugs instead of butts, and, well, you know

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

quote:

Next, I asked where he lived, like what part of town? He told me he lived in Lakeway, in a house. It's unusual for a mid-20s dude to own a house in Lakeway (very nice neighborhood, non-Austin readers), so I prodded a bit on this subject. He said that he lived in his parents' house while they were "away."

:laffo:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

article posted:

I've been on a few, nay several, terrible first dates, including one with this dude, supposed mastermind of the "black market Amazon for drugs" and Austin local Ross Ulbricht. There was only one date, because 1. it was awful, 2. he was awful. While the date itself was not spectacularly awful, and the guy did end up naked in my bed (but really, not what you think), I'd rank it up there in the top five worst dates of all time.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Takanago posted:

At first I thought this was a govt photo and then I noticed the <3. Did Ross just take a whole bunch of drugs to the library or office or something?
I am hoping that is a picture of his house and the govt can prove it.

Boxturret posted:

[root]/home/frosty/Documents/archive/Documents/reference/ids.jpg

It is just so surreal how much he can gently caress up that I am having a hard time believing it.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

JaysonAych posted:

Next, I asked where he lived, like what part of town? He told me he lived in Lakeway, in a house. It's unusual for a mid-20s dude to own a house in Lakeway (very nice neighborhood, non-Austin readers), so I prodded a bit on this subject. He said that he lived in his parents' house while they were "away."

judgemental. hmmm

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
waiting for the facebook pictures of ross ulbricht dressed up as dread pirate roberts for halloween to be entered into evidence

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

this is literally unbelieveable

i

i dont even

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
DPR :h:

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
The FBi should use some of those seized bitcoins and buy a camera made this century

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Don Lapre posted:

The FBi should use some of those seized bitcoins and buy a camera made this century

i uh dont think dhs took that photo

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

MR. TURNER

Could we take a look at the top one, please.

August 9, 2013 from wigglyworm, subject: confirmation. Message: "Hey bud, just need some confirmation on if my package will get to me tomorrow. I made the 3:00pm deadline by at least a few hours so I'm hoping everything will go smoothly. Otherwise I'm gonna be sick for the beautiful weekend we have coming up here in NY... I know I can count on you to be as reliable and professional as possible, so just get back to me as soon as you can. Thanks!"

Can we go to the fifth from the top.

This is from August 15, 2013 from moderngoose: "hello!! first time customer with you here, just wanted to make sure but as soon as my btc hit my account im going to order ur 10 stamp listing via express and i wanted to make sure that as long as i order them around 12:30pm EST will they ship out today as well? i see ur cutoff time is 3 i just wanna double check because i am EXTREMELY dope sick and NEED something by tomorrow!! :( i am miserable at the moment having not slept all night tossing and turning not to mention getting actually sick :/ but anyways thank you very much for ur time, please respond asap. MG"

Can we go to page two, the third from the top here.

September 3, 2013. "Hello. Hey deezle, i placed the order on the 31st... I understand there's been a few straggls aside bt is there anyway you could ship it overnight. I am throwing up, the worst of the worst withdrawl symptoms and plus i have life destroying pain."

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Don Lapre posted:

that's not a picture taken by the fbi or anything. It's a seller verifying that they're legit and have drugs to sell and aren't going to take off with all the money immediately.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.

Powershift posted:

that's not a picture taken by the fbi or anything. It's a seller verifying that they're legit and have drugs to sell and aren't going to take off with all the money immediately.

Ohh i was talking about all the photos of DPR's laptop in the library.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Its a govt issue blackberry. It's trying its best. :smith:

• Locked thread