Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Oh Guppy :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Fartin' Guptlol

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Tell us how good he is again.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Mister Chief posted:

Tell us how good he is again.

Still more likely to suceed in the World Cup than Latham.

edit: lol he hit it

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

He's pulled a Fulton...he'll never live this down.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I feel like Latham should be good but then he's always poo poo.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

I feel like Latham should be good but then he's always poo poo.

Yeah I'm not overly impressed by him in the shorter formats. Seems like Brownlie or Devcich really could've been handy.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

I've come to hate Ross Taylor and his retarded face that he pulls after loving up.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
NZ is really bad at running between wickets.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
did anyone else see that fat kid on the tv?

what a fat little gently caress

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Davfff posted:

did anyone else see that fat kid on the tv?

what a fat little gently caress

Warnie's grouse at cricket kid?

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

Vettori wasn't bowled walking across his stumps for a third ball duck, I assume rain has stopped play and I'm watching highlights from 5 years ago?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Time for that Vettori/Mills partnership to score on the field

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Vettori wasn't bowled walking across his stumps for a third ball duck, I assume rain has stopped play and I'm watching highlights from 5 years ago?

Still bowled though.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Southee is kind of a dunce, he actually had time to play himself in there. Mills, Southee, McLenaghan are plenty capable of smoking boundaries if they stick around, no need to force the issue.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna miss Mills regardless of how he's actually poo poo.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Mills did quite well there I think we could have had a shot at the improbable victory if Southee wasn't such a doofus with the bat.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Is everyone excited for the England-India game, which will decide which team gets to play three more ODIs against Australia?

Also when did they gently caress up the cricinfo website and make it ugly as poo poo?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

The tri series final is a one off isn't it? I actually don't mind this format. Certainly better than playing 1 team 5 or 7 times in a row.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

here we go

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

Airstream Driver posted:

The tri series final is a one off isn't it? I actually don't mind this format. Certainly better than playing 1 team 5 or 7 times in a row.

these things are usually best of three

If it is a one-off, then that's good. I agree that its better than a tri-series: although I could have done with it not being the two teams that England have played against the last two years and are going to play against next year...

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

IceAgeComing posted:

these things are usually best of three

If it is a one-off, then that's good. I agree that its better than a tri-series: although I could have done with it not being the two teams that England have played against the last two years and are going to play against next year...

It's definitely a one off final this time around but I agree. It would have been cool if NZ had hosted England and India and Aus hosted the Lankans and someone else, alas, they are not top tier teams.

dusty
Nov 30, 2004

Ratios and Tendency posted:

I've come to hate Ross Taylor and his retarded face that he pulls after loving up.

Taylor's loving gently caress up face, lol

I had hoped he'd have a great career, but I reckon he wont. Lovely technique, but Taylor self destructs on the field like Ryder does off it.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Airstream Driver posted:

It's definitely a one off final this time around but I agree. It would have been cool if NZ had hosted England and India and Aus hosted the Lankans and someone else, alas, they are not top tier teams.

This is how it works

ICC guy: Hmmm what about Australia, India and England in a tri series

other ICC guy: But what about the other na hahahaha can't even think about that. Book it in.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

nzspambot posted:

here we go

A few more of these and they'll be able to turn the lights off in the trophy room.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

dusty posted:

Taylor's loving gently caress up face, lol

I had hoped he'd have a great career, but I reckon he wont. Lovely technique, but Taylor self destructs on the field like Ryder does off it.

Well he averages over 40 in both forms of the game so i'd say he's doing alright for himself so far.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Hussey is a legit good commentator. How many years until channel 9 gently caress him up?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

two minutes

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Yeah Taylor is legitimately retarded but, despite the slight slump he's in at the moment, he's still a great player.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Snickar Dhawan strikes again

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Are you guys saying that Ross Taylor is actually thick or that he just makes poor decisions on the field?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
India trying their best to ruin ODI cricket now that they're poo poo at it

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

This sure is a one day game of the form of cricket, isn't it just?

subroc
Jun 5, 2004

Yes, gently caress off Kohli you caaaannt

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

Are you guys saying that Ross Taylor is actually thick or that he just makes poor decisions on the field?

He seems like a decent enough guy from the interviews i've seen, I don't know where this retarded stuff is coming from

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

lmao India are terrible.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
India really struggle against part-time spin and plodding medium pacers I guess

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Seams posted:

India really struggle against part-time spin and plodding medium pacers I guess

You'd think they'd get used to it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

India are loving terrible so they'll undoubtedly win the World Cup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Finnaissance continues