Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I've run into a problem that I hope someone knows how to fix. I installed Darnified UI but when I go to the main menu during play (with the MCM listed in it) I receive this notification: "DarnifiedUI detected in HUD but not start menu. Need to repair Darnified UI or remove it completely for the MCM menu to appear correctly." I've been able to use MCM for two mods just fine but Darnified isn't in it, so I am trying to figure out what I did wrong. I looked at a couple of posts and saw the idea to install UIO http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/57174/, which I did, with FOMM. Still have the same problem.

Here is my mod load order:
FalloutNV.esm
TribalPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Detect Traps.esm
The New Bison Steve Hotel.esm
Afterschool Special.esm
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
MoreMerchantCaps.esp
Detect Traps - Traponator 4000.esp
Detect Traps - Perk.esp
Detect Traps - DLC.esp
PerkEveryLevel.esp
MojaveExtended100.esp
CONELRAD 640-1240.esp
Sunglasses Shipment.esp
SPECIALer_DLC03.esp
NVCE Main.esp
NVCE Main - Companions.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
EVE FNV - NO DLC.esp
PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
Unified Backpack Mod.esp
ProjectRealityMkIv5HDR.esp

Total active plugins: 35
Total plugins: 36

Any help would be appreciated! My fonts and stuff are done properly, and it looks just like it did in Fallout 3, except I can't choose to display other properties and it not being in the MCM menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Vlad Antlerkov posted:

Is it this one? Because that one hasn't been updated more or less since release, and it overwrites all the ammo lists.

JIP Companion Command & Control has an Infinite Companion Ammo option, for what it's worth.

Yeah, that's the one I'm using. I'll try your recommendation later and see if it changes anything.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

I've had the yearly urge to play some FNV, and this year I thought I ended up with a particularly nice graphical setup thanks to someone in this thread getting me onto the ENB + SweetFX combination. It's very pretty and very smooth, totally loving it. This guide assumes your computer is reasonably modern (~2 years), but there are fairly obvious ways to improve/reduce quality using this as a baseline. If no link is provided, it's on page 1.

(JPEG artifacts kind of ruin it, but the BMP was like 8mb.)

Basics
You're going to need the basics (FOMM, LOOT, NVSE/FNV4GB, NVAC, Better Game Performance, NV Stutter Remover, NV Configator) before you do anything else. Install these in any 'order', it should be straight forward.

Use the standard launcher Options to configure the initial settings. Open NV Configator, go to Performance. Set grass fade (4000), Object fade (7), item fade (3), everything else maximum. Turn every threading/multithreading option on.

Graphics (Optional, but get at least a variant of these)
You're going to need NMC's Texture Packs (Medium), Weapons Retexture Project, EVE, IMPACT, Vurt's Wasteland Flora Overhaul, Beauty Pack Plus + Waster Overhaul, Nevada Skies and Improved LOD Meshes/Noise. Install in that order by following each mod's install instructions, and overwrite when in doubt.

Shaders
You're going to need ENBSeries, Enhanced Shaders (Nevada Skies edition) and SweetFX.

Extract the ENBSeries Wrapper dir to your Fallout base dir. Make sure to follow Enhanced Shaders' extensive install instructions and modify according to your needs. If you don't follow those instructions, the vanilla and replacement graphics will conflict.

Also extract SweetFX to your base dir, and download one of the popular settings from the SweetFX DB (don't even look at any of the "Toon" ones). Open your enblocal.ini and replace the [PROXY] section with the following:
code:
[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=sweetFX_d3d9.dll
Interface
Follow the install guide for One HUD (oHUD) and get the relevant mods. I recommend Darnified UI.

Finishing touches
At this point, you'll want to copy your base dir files (not folders) into /exes/. Also copy /enbseries/, /SweetFX/ and /Data/shaders/. This will let you use NVSE with the 4GB workaround and ENB/SFX.

In FOMM, open Settings and point the custom launch command at \fallout new vegas\exes\fnv4gb.exe. You can and should fine-tune the shader settings for your monitor from ingame with Shift + Enter, though it's a bit clunky to use. The main points are to fiddle with day/night/ambient light intensity and curves. I like my days to be colorful, and nights and interiors to be proper dark, with strong ambient lights plus flashlight and nightvision mods, but it's easy to tweak either way.

Hopefully, I'll remember I wrote this next year.

Zodium fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 29, 2015

satsui no thankyou
Apr 23, 2011
hows nmm. is there an idiots guide to making my game look pretty because im poo poo at computer. is there a mod that makes it take less time for me and my opponents to die. thank u and god bless

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

satsui no thankyou posted:

hows nmm. is there an idiots guide to making my game look pretty because im poo poo at computer. is there a mod that makes it take less time for me and my opponents to die. thank u and god bless

If you can use a browser, can follow instructions in English, and know how to use Notepad, do what I just posted. Project Nevada will do the latter thing. hth

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Alright so after like 2 years I want to finish up the DLC/Engame in new vegas.
The setup I had going was pretty smooth and decently crashfree, but are there any mods that are downright obsolete/hidden traps in my list?
It's a list of at the time recommended to me mods, fixing faces, adding more foilage to the wasteland, fellout, and a hideout mod mainly. I also have that one recommended texture pack at medium.

Using FOMM/NVSE with this list (that are as I understood pretty outdated) with this list:
code:
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
NVCE Main.esm
Project Nevada - Core.esm
oHUD.esm
DarNifiedUINV.esp
CASM.esp
Centered 3rd Person Camera.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
Lucky 38 Suite Expansion.esp
Lucky 38 Balcony.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues (No Cyberware).esp
SignatureArmor.esp
SignatureWeapons.esp
OWB Companion Teleport.esp
OWB Moddable FIDO.esp
OWB More Vendor Caps.esp
OWB Stealth Field Suit.esp
OWB Valence Extra.esp
NVCE DLC01.esp
NVCE DLC02.esp
NVCE DLC03.esp
NVCE DLC04.esp
PipBoyLightx1.5.esp
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
LFox Bottle That Water.esp
NVDLC04 Allegiance w Duster.esp
SimpleStreetLights.esp
SimpleStreetLights (Extra Lights).esp
Lombard Station.esp
Lombard Station - Dead Money.esp
Lombard Station - Honest Hearts.esp
Lombard Station - Old World Blues.esp
Lombard Station - Lonesome Road.esp
Lombard Station - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Fellout.esp
Fellout-OWB.esp
friendofnightforfellout.esp
Vurt's WFO.esp
BetterGamePerformanceV3.esp

Zedd fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jan 29, 2015

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Last FONV patch was in 2011, so if it worked two years ago, it should work now. Most or all of those have been updated since, though.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

satsui no thankyou posted:

All I did was download Western Skies and the texture mods from the OP and it prettifies the game a lot. I got bored of seeing the same clouds in Western Skies so I started using Realistic Wasteland Lighting instead recently. Installing a mod is pretty much a case of downloading the mod file and putting it in your New Vegas folder, then ticking the box in the mod manager. It's so simple even I haven't broken my game with mods yet.

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Vlad Antlerkov posted:

Is it this one? Because that one hasn't been updated more or less since release, and it overwrites all the ammo lists.

JIP Companion Command & Control has an Infinite Companion Ammo option, for what it's worth.

Okay, I tested it and you were right with this mod. I've removed it and I can use the (Hand-Load) ammo again. Do I really have to install UIO for JIP?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
UIO is extremely helpful, even if you just use Darnified UI and no other UI mods it saves you having to make config file changes (ie. totally clean, unmodded NV install and inis with Mod Organizer).

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

I don't use any UI mod at all. I haven't had a reason for it yet.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Try using Darnified UI, your mind will be blown. It's like going from web browsing on your phone to web browsing on a desktop.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah the default UI is disgustingly huge on any 1080+ resolution.

Also, best Battle Rifle sound replacer? Is there one that puts the MOHAA sound effect?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Also, best Battle Rifle sound replacer? Is there one that puts the MOHAA sound effect?

Allied Assault? Or Pacific Assault (same as Rising Sun)? I can whip it up for you really quick. It'll also replace the Hunting Rifle's firing effects - same sound. I can add in the B.A.R. in too for bonus sound, that's a separate file.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Gyshall posted:

It's disgustingly huge at 720p even.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Missing Name posted:

Allied Assault? Or Pacific Assault (same as Rising Sun)? I can whip it up for you really quick. It'll also replace the Hunting Rifle's firing effects - same sound. I can add in the B.A.R. in too for bonus sound, that's a separate file.

I need to learn how to do sound modding myself.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Missing Name posted:

Just the M1 from this @ 2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFblUdHgU6Q

all them sounds

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Gyshall posted:

Just the M1 from this @ 2:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFblUdHgU6Q

all them sounds

Here you go.

There are two versions:

1.) The original Allied Assault version.

2.) The remastered version from Pacific Assault.

Both have the same 3d fire sound (AA didn't use that stuff) and reload sounds. Installation info is included.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Missing Name posted:

Here you go.

There are two versions:

1.) The original Allied Assault version.

2.) The remastered version from Pacific Assault.

Both have the same 3d fire sound (AA didn't use that stuff) and reload sounds. Installation info is included.

You are truely a generous goon, thank you sir.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
So, maybe I missed this but Naky, Millenia - how often do you put easter egg guns in releases? Because I saw the RU-556 one the other day and :laugh:

Psion fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jan 30, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I just found out that Benny was voiced by Matthew Perry.

You really can't tell :stare: I beat the game a long time ago and never had a clue.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Can anyone say some words on bashed vs merged patches? In my last spout of FNV modding I exclusively used bashed patches as I have been using them since Oblivion when they were necessary, but everyone seems to use merged patches for FNV as a de facto choice. I can handle myself making bashed patches, but it'd almost be nice not having to gently caress around getting Wrye and all the associated python dependencies if there is no benefit over just getting FNVEdit.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zaphod42 posted:

I just found out that Benny was voiced by Matthew Perry.

You really can't tell :stare: I beat the game a long time ago and never had a clue.

Sounds just like him to me. It's why I feel bad that you can't save him, no matter what you do.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

BurritoJustice posted:

Can anyone say some words on bashed vs merged patches? In my last spout of FNV modding I exclusively used bashed patches as I have been using them since Oblivion when they were necessary, but everyone seems to use merged patches for FNV as a de facto choice. I can handle myself making bashed patches, but it'd almost be nice not having to gently caress around getting Wrye and all the associated python dependencies if there is no benefit over just getting FNVEdit.

I use FNVEdit and it works and has near-zero bullshit. Can't say if bashing a patch is any better because I've never bothered to try!

so that's basically an endorsement for FNVEdit.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Sounds just like him to me. It's why I feel bad that you can't save him, no matter what you do.

You sort of can kinda. If you do untie him at the Fort he'll make a break for it and if you have a) already killed every single Legionary there as you should do on every playthrough or b) sprinted ahead of him at mach speed to chew bullets while he runs, he will get on the boat and leave once he makes it there. Unfortunately he despawns from the game world afterward so you cannot let bygones be bygones and run around with retro-future Chandler but boy that would've been cool.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

CJacobs posted:

You sort of can kinda. If you do untie him at the Fort he'll make a break for it and if you have a) already killed every single Legionary there as you should do on every playthrough or b) sprinted ahead of him at mach speed to chew bullets while he runs, he will get on the boat and leave once he makes it there. Unfortunately he despawns from the game world afterward so you cannot let bygones be bygones and run around with retro-future Chandler but boy that would've been cool.

What happens to the Chip if you do that? I've always either slept with him or killed him in the suite.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

LoonShia posted:

What happens to the Chip if you do that? I've always either slept with him or killed him in the suite.

If you meet him in the legion camp Ceasar has the chip.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Most people know about it by now but the intention was that if you DID let Benny go at the Fort and help him fight his way out... a few ingame days later he would ambush you Legion troop style, alone, and desperately demand you give him back the chip and you'd have one final duel. It was cut from the main game for some unknown reason but man that dude's got tenacity, I swear.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I tried so loving hard to be friends with Benny but the dude would not stop betraying me.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I tried so loving hard to be friends with Benny but the dude would not stop betraying me.

Could he be any less trustworthy?

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Use User Interface Organizer. It needs NVSE but it smooths out pretty much any UI mod so it doesn't lead to gently caress ups.

I have been using UIO. It doesn't matter anyway, it kinda makes it more interesting thanks to the lack of percentage. me fighting alongside Sunny Smiles and Boone sniping fools.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

SplitSoul posted:

Could he be any less trustworthy?

:golfclap:

Pretty sure I put a .40-70 round through his forehead each playthrough.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Chandler Bing, baby, Nice and easy.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

No idea if this works as intended, but pretty cool nonetheless. The Rock-It Launcher is back and the junk you load it with will have different effects on targets.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/58075/

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Gyshall posted:

Chandler Bing, baby, Nice and easy.

I do honestly really like his voice work. He just does too good of a job because I hate Benny's guts :argh:

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Benny is such a good character, especially in New Vegas.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

I wish there was more to do with the Sammy Davis Jr-alike at The Tops and just The Tops in general. There are like 4-5 quests at The Gomorrah which sucks and is ugly.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I go up to his room with him and then viciously murder him with a pool cue. Then rob his entire apartment

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
I knew it was him because he was talking about the game on Ellen.

At least I think it was Ellen.. Oh well it was some odd place anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Edit: Nevermind, going to look into this some more first.