Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Bold prediction: all commentators will mistake a Force India for a McLaren or vice versa in every single race. They're both black cars with silver highlights, but one has a red stripe and the other an orange stripe. Totally different!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Payndz posted:

Bold prediction: all commentators will mistake a Force India for a McLaren or vice versa in every single race. They're both black cars with silver highlights, but one has a red stripe and the other an orange stripe. Totally different!

helpful workflow:

DOES IT HAVE SPONSORS

V

FORCE INDIA

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

I would like to thank McLaren for providing Honda with a sub standard platform to return to F1 with.

I truly enjoy tears in F1, in particular when those tears are flowing from billion dollar multinational companies.

Now, who will finish higher in the 2015 WCC, Lotus or McLaren?

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I suspect McLaren, but that's literally just because of their drivers.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

harperdc posted:

it looks good, but let's hope they announce a sponsor soon.

Why?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

It's the mirrors that you can use to tell the difference, seeing them side-by-side like that, even if McLaron get a sidepod sponsor.

On a more detailed scale, one is black on the bottom and silver on the top, and the other is the opposite way round.

But I mean they're going to be fighting each other at the bottom end of the mid-field so best get good at spotting the difference!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I am so seriously bummed at the paintjob progression of Force India after 2013. They went from flashy and awesome to Half-Life, a boring video game for depressed lonely teenagers.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
That McLaren is so loving boring visually that it robs me of all will to live.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

I prefer the top mclaren

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Bold prediction: McLaren continues to be garbage and Honda leaves F1 after only one year because they are tired of being displayed on the worst car.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Honda buy both Caterham and Manor so they have someone for McLaren to be slower than. It doesn't work.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I think Ferrari should put out an image of their new car in black and silver, just to gently caress with everyone.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

That FI car looks miles better.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Whitey Ford posted:

I would like to thank McLaren for providing Honda with a sub standard platform to return to F1 with.

I truly enjoy tears in F1, in particular when those tears are flowing from billion dollar multinational companies.

Now, who will finish higher in the 2015 WCC, Lotus or McLaren?

The championship is going to be an epic showdown between Alonso and Maldonado, too close to call who will win the WCC at this point imo.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I am so seriously bummed at the paintjob progression of Force India after 2013. They went from flashy and awesome to Half-Life, a boring video game for depressed lonely teenagers.

Please show an example of a teenager that wasn't bored and lonely 100% of the time.

Also half life rocked. Force India wishes they were that cool. As it is- every single livery has gone downhill. I think the last time I went "Oh cool" was the chrome on the mclarens in 2005(?) back when chrome paint was new and interesting and not loving everywhere

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

monkeytennis posted:

Barmy. I'm off the the WEC opener at Silverstone. A six hour race. The ticket for both days was £40.

Yeah I had a look at the prices and i'm pretty tempted to go, the spa round is only 31 euros for all 3 days!

As for the McLaren, did anyone seriously think it wasnt going to be silver? I cant wait to see both cars trailing behind Force India and Lotus this season while Vettel is racking up wins.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

simplefish posted:

Not mi own werk:

It was never going to be that, but it should have been

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

track day bro! posted:

As for the McLaren, did anyone seriously think it wasnt going to be silver?

Not for a second. They can't shut up about "a new era" or whatever and they run the same modified mercedes/west livery they've been running for 20 years?!

Just pallet-swapping the silver for white would have been acceptable. But I assume this is a sign of ongoing "no, we won't pay you like a WCC/WDC champion team" title sponsor negotiation.

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Jan 29, 2015

Meth Aesthetic
Sep 2, 2011

I'm doin alright
Lipstick Apathy
2015 Merc running at Silverstone

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/560820227261210624

From this the bodywork looks the prettiest I've seen so far. Perhaps the promo shots will make it look like poo poo

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

simplefish posted:

Yeah that looks much better.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

simplefish posted:

Reminds me of the Mastercard Lola.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Looks like a Sauber. Poverty team.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Cojawfee posted:

Bold prediction: McLaren continues to be garbage and Honda leaves F1 after only one year because they are tired of being displayed on the worst car.

It's going to be like how Honda broke into F1 in the 80s with Spirit. Probably just an extended shakedown period, going to move to a real team like Williams next year.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Professor Grumpy posted:

2015 Merc running at Silverstone

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/status/560820227261210624

From this the bodywork looks the prettiest I've seen so far. Perhaps the promo shots will make it look like poo poo

The only thing you can see in this vid is the kraut leadership at Mercedes favoring Nico while probably telling Lewis not to go to the factory because the whole team is still on holidays

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That McLaren color scheme actually looks like a Marussia from a distance, combined with the plain black Sauber sidepods. Also the CNN sponsorship lifted from Caterham. McLaren are now full backmarkers.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Alain Post posted:

That McLaren color scheme actually looks like a Marussia from a distance, combined with the plain black Sauber sidepods. Also the CNN sponsorship lifted from Caterham. McLaren are now full backmarkers.

Yeah it really does. I got up all excited today and was like "uhh that sure is a car"

Maybe it'll run better than it looks :sigh:

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
FFS ron, make a red and white car so you can sell a literal poo poo ton of merchandise to every brasilian, f1 hipster in a nacional cap and 50 year old who wishes it was still the 1980s . How is this difficult?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
McLaren are cool and good and run by a great man like Ron Dennis unlike Williams who is run by a sissy man on a wheelchair and who had to get his daughter to help him around because he's so weak.

Pathetic is what williams are.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

easily the funniest thing about mclaren's lack of sponsorship is that their seven sponsors bring in more money than any teams but red bull, merc and ferrari. and yet the force india looks like a nascar.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
did McLaren seriously lose their Hugo Boss sponsorship? Lol, that was there forever.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

oh no

i just compared mclaren and force india as if they're peers

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Alain Post posted:

did McLaren seriously lose their Hugo Boss sponsorship? Lol, that was there forever.

They lost it to Mercedes last year, not sure of the exact details.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One would think that a lack of sponsors would encourage a constructor to create a great looking livery.

The only plausible explanation is that Ron Dennis unironically loves that look and has garbage taste.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

enri posted:

my face at mclaren livery -> :stare:

let's hope it runs better than it looks

edit: the top down view doesn't look too bad, but side on it's eurgh

The past two years cars looked awesome... but ran like dog poo poo. Hopefully with this looking like (half) poo poo it will run great.

*EDIT* Saying that though, I think McLaren are going to take everyone by surprise this year and gain at the least one WC. Toxx me on that if you like, however if you do, you have to provide a counter Toxx.

Myrddin_Emrys fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 29, 2015

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
I'm predicting 7 glorious laps from the Mclaren-Honda the first day of testing.

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I'm just laughing

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rhopunzel posted:

They lost it to Mercedes last year, not sure of the exact details.

Hugo BoSS is a german company

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

JFairfax posted:

Hugo BoSS is a german company

And apparently there is evidence saying that Hitler was a Nazi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

quote:

McLaren were at pains to emphasise that they will inevitably hit trouble in the first test as they try to get the car, turbo hybrid engine and all their complicated control systems working together for the first time.
Button said: "We don't expect to be pumping in 100 laps a day. It is going to be lots of system checks. Don't expect too much from us too soon. It is about working out the reliability aspects of the engine.
"Hopefully towards the end of the test and into the second and third tests, that's when we can start to push."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/31036093

• Locked thread