Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Looking her over I feel ok about chic, her response seem natural enough to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

merk posted:

Even if you think the breadcrumb is genuine, with so many items in the game, isn't it likely that the scum gave out some items? Why couldn't Chic have legitimately breadcrumbed that item to try to look town when using it later?

This is a genuinely good point; with all of the items in play (look at Ernie's list of items; there's at least 3 inventors with 15 items in total around) having an inventor role or items in your possession is a null tell. I keep being pulled back to merk as scum, but that's all based on what was said yesterday. I've agreed with several of his points raised today, including this.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

Yes. I agree.

I have read Chic three times and feel the same way.

Asiina's contributions read much worse to me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

What did it do?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

What did it do?

Not sure but indicated I shielded Kaschei. If it was a lasting effect, Fits is not being forthcoming about it

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

True and Real posted:

Not sure but indicated I shielded Kaschei. If it was a lasting effect, Fits is not being forthcoming about it

Amni replaced kaschei, fits replaced bowmore.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

True and Real posted:

:confused:

If something was used on me I didn't get any message about it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh. Well, Amni hasn't been forthcoming w/e

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

Oh. Well, Amni hasn't been forthcoming w/e

Why would he be?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Because I want to know what it did dammit

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

Because I want to know what it did dammit

I don't understand why you voted kascheii.

True and Real posted:

##vote Kaschei

I used my ring on him and I don't love what it probably did. I'll be rereading shortly.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

True and Real posted:

Nothing I received from Ecco indicated anything happened last night along those lines. Kaschei used a pair of glasses that reviewed glows, looked at merk and they didn't reveal anything. Take what you want from that.

Not continuing to reread thread till I get home. Reading past posts on the phone is too painful.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

I don't understand why you voted kascheii.

The flavor was very ominous. Between what happened and my previous read of him, I think it's very possible he had a BP that absorbed my vig. If that is the case, he's probably scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Diqnol, please explain to me how protecting someone is something you "don't love" to justify that vote.

##unvote; ##vote Diqnol

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Did you vig him or protect him?

True and Real posted:

You aren't telling the whole story here. Your posts do not make sense.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

True and Real posted:

I think it's very possible he had a BP that absorbed my vig. If that is the case, he's probably scum.

BP = totes scummy mcgee because of what? :psyduck:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just did.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Did you vig him or protect him?

You aren't telling the whole story here. Your posts do not make sense.

I don't know what it did for sure but a shield was involved. I just described the two most likely interpretations.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fits posted:

BP = totes scummy mcgee because of what? :psyduck:

He's scummy because of his approach yesterday. It occurs to me you haven't read what pinged me on Kaschei yesterday.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

So you used an item on me that you aren't sure what it does, but the flavor indicated that it was a nightkill that failed?

I am not bulletproof. That I am aware of, but I did use an item last night. Nothing in the description made me think bulletproof, it seemed more like an investigative thing. I spent the night being a perv and watching merk house.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hmm.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

True and Real posted:

I feel like this is a very scummy post. It's saying a lot of literal nothing, but the last part is what caught my eye. He's saying it'd be a scummy post if circumstances were different. They weren't different though, so why point it out? It's as though he wanted to rationalize voting for me if it became a thing and to look like he's tangentially involved. Says to me he's having trouble finding things to say.

Hello post I found

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

True and Real posted:

The flavor was very ominous. Between what happened and my previous read of him, I think it's very possible he had a BP that absorbed my vig. If that is the case, he's probably scum.

Why does BP make you think scum :confused:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

Why does BP make you think scum :confused:

He was lurking and leaning scummy, would make sense that he wouldn't care about possible consequences with BP to burn. It also just feels like I'm right?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

True and Real posted:

He was lurking and leaning scummy, would make sense that he wouldn't care about possible consequences with BP to burn. It also just feels like I'm right?

But the BP wouldn't protect him from a lynch? I dunno man if you think he's scum that's fine I think he was being scummy too but I don't see how the BP would make you think he's MORE scummy

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Scum BP makes a ton of sense in a game like this, Chic.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So do town and 3P, I don't really get by you're trying a mechanics argument

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Stop trying to convince me I'm confirmation biasing, thread! Kaschei was a fucker who will die!

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

True and Real posted:

He's scummy because of his approach yesterday. It occurs to me you haven't read what pinged me on Kaschei yesterday.

Its like you don't believe me when I said I'm not reading yesterday.

True and Real posted:

Scum BP makes a ton of sense in a game like this, Chic.

How does scum BP make any more sense than a town BP? Or a protective item? Was there an indication your action was successful and not roleblocked?

The thread you're trying to link this on is pointless

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I linked my reasons for thinking he's scum ignoring that.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Amnistar posted:

So you used an item on me that you aren't sure what it does, but the flavor indicated that it was a nightkill that failed?

I am not bulletproof. That I am aware of, but I did use an item last night. Nothing in the description made me think bulletproof, it seemed more like an investigative thing. I spent the night being a perv and watching merk house.

Did you see me do anything? I got a ton of flavor.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

True and Real posted:

Stop trying to convince me I'm confirmation biasing, thread! Kaschei was a fucker who will die!

You vote is bad and unpersuasive. I'm not sure whether it's scummy.

##unvote; ##vote Chic

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What of my reasoning yesterday? I just reviewed it to be sure but I still stand by that.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

merk posted:

Did you see me do anything? I got a ton of flavor.

I never saw you. The way the flavor worked was as follows.

-put on glasses, world turns blue and I can't take them off
-I see a shimmer over someone's house and am prompted for whose house it was
-pick merk and realize I am mistaken. Spend the rest of the night staring at merk's house and admiring how nice it is blue.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Diqnol's BP-mistake whatever thing makes me think he's town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

yuming posted:

Yes. I agree.

I have read Chic three times and feel the same way.

Asiina's contributions read much worse to me.

What does this even mean? Can you cite to a few posts that make you think she's town?

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
She doesn't have that many posts. I find them unremarkable.

There is that one post where she made the coin comment and I found that plus her explanation of it sincere.

Full stop that is the only read I have. The end.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

yuming posted:

She doesn't have that many posts. I find them unremarkable.

This is a town tell?

yuming posted:

There is that one post where she made the coin comment and I found that plus her explanation of it sincere.

What about my comment that she could easily be a scum player trying to breadcrumb something to look town.

yuming posted:

Full stop that is the only read I have. The end.

I don't use this word often, but I find this read disingenuous.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll try to make a persuasive case on Chic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hi im abbt to nap but i think merk is town

• Locked thread