Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

IronLawnmower posted:

Ok I actually kinda dug that song. Any bands that sound like that but without being Nazis?

Graveland perhaps?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9yfhfdFGjY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

you're joking right, Darken's always been a nazi.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
what the hell goes on in finland to turn normal angsty teens into scandinazians

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

IronLawnmower posted:

Ok I actually kinda dug that song. Any bands that sound like that but without being Nazis?

What difference do their beliefs make? You don't have to condone the rear end-backwards views they hold to enjoy the music.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

IronLawnmower posted:

Yeah it is an ok tune. He had another band called Jarnvid that wasn't NS and sounded similar. He gave me a cassette of it signed 'keep it casual' . I now assume the casual refers to racism

E:
Jarnvid - Wolves Of Jarnvid: http://youtu.be/bmcsCb99IlI

Big Willy Style fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jan 30, 2015

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

ElectricWizard posted:

Also, although not really a good band, here's a dude from Azazel:

that's hilarious

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

muike posted:

what the hell goes on in finland to turn normal angsty teens into scandinazians

Alcohol and isolation, coupled with winters that have like 1 or 2 hours of sunlight.

Also, considering Demilich and Beherit, I'd say there have been some UFO landings in Finland at some point.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

A human heart posted:

you're joking right, Darken's always been a nazi.

quote:

Darken has been accused of being a Neo-Nazi. However, he has made statements to contradict this accusation, even speaking out against the Third Reich and their ideology: "I do not see any point in referring to NS because I do not see any point in referring to any ideologies that lost. It is against logic and eternal law of evolution."[5] and "If you are White proud of being White and proud of your forefathers faith, if you politically incorrect, if you dare to criticize the politicians and it you point at the existence of a strong powerful Jewish lobby supporting Israel – you are called nazi and anti-Semite. And the special institution start to persecute you. I am called ‘Nazi” but no one has any proof of my nazi background. They just repeat once heard someone else words having no proof of it." [6] and "In Poland many people refer to Slavonic heritage as many refer to German. And I think that those who refer to Slavonic culture are the majority but they do not make big show of it. For me there is no difference between pagan beliefs of Vikings and Slavs. The names are different but the core is the same. Different stories but the same Gods with the same attributes. The ideologist of the Third Reich were responsible for the division between German Aryan world and Slavonic world. They distorted the historical facts in order to separate from Eastern world. Communist did the same but they of course favouritized [sic!] Slavs.

Fermented Piss
May 17, 2012
You're really splitting hairs. He admits to being proud to be white and denounces Nazism because it was unsuccessful as a political ideology. He also doesn't deny being a Nazi; he says that people accuse him without proof.

He might not identify as a Nazi but he's pretty outspoken about hating a lot of the minority groups that Nazis did so gently caress him.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Rob Darken posted:

Our souls burn with fire of hate and retribution! Aryan race wake up! The new era of paganism and darkness is coming. Graveland will show you the way. Start the holocaust again, kill Jews and Christians.Destroy the false god of Jesus Christ!

Soon, the awakening gods will comply with the destiny of the universe.The destiny of the Aryan race is victory.

According to Darken, The Temple of the Fullmoon is "the only true satanic organization in Poland" and is dedicated to educating those involved "to the coming era of a new war, a new holocaust and a new Fuhrer who will lead the strong and powerful youth educated in pagan traditions."

fascism and nazism as the only political powers that are able to oppose Christianity and the Vatican

In Poland, new neo-fascism powers are rising. Its theories are near to our ideology, so we support it. War is the first duty of all who live for Darkness or Paganism

In Europe, neo-fascismis re-born and Europe must re-emerge in a new spirit. It will lead to big changes in the future. We have to take power from old, true traditions of these lands. We chose the way of war, because we have to wage war againstthe sub-human races from Turkey, Africa and Rumania. Destroy Negroes and other sub-men! They destroy our traditions and culture. Europe must be cleansed from this loving poo poo! Europe only for white Aryan race!

The Jews musical machine wants to absorb blackmetal and create a new fashionable alternative to death metal

True men should be both physically and psychologically strong. Men should not have any bad habits like drugs or alcohol. Kill hippies, drug-addicts and other weak sub-men! White race must be strong!

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

I mean I listen to Graveland because I like some of his stuff but let's not pretend the dude isn't full on into that poo poo.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

New Angra came out this month. Anyone listen to it enough to form an opinion on it?

Father_Johann
Aug 28, 2008

Durendal posted:

New Angra came out this month. Anyone listen to it enough to form an opinion on it?

It sounds like every other Angra.

Ps I didn't listen to it

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Do they still have Andre Matos as their vocalist? Because gently caress Andre Matos.

Durendal
Jan 25, 2008

Who made you God to say
"I'll take your sheep from you?"

Nordick posted:

Do they still have Andre Matos as their vocalist? Because gently caress Andre Matos.

Na, they have Fabio Lione now.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Hey kids! :q:

Is there a band you like with bad bad people in it? Well poo poo, you don't wanna give 'em money, do ya kid?! :derp:

Well let me let you in on a secret so you can stop loving up the metal thread. :shrek:

:filez: exist for a reason. Bam, best of both worlds. Yes you can. :obama:

Go on, take a hit. All the cool kids are doing it. :ocelot:

now shut the fuckkkkkkk up about this non-dilemma and never necro it again

*this should not be taken as an endorsement of copyright infringement

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jan 30, 2015

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ah, thanks for that update on what we're allowed to discuss in the metal thread.

H13
Nov 30, 2005

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqg8bsDayak

This loving song.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

Nordick posted:

Matos hasn't been Angra's vocalist for a long time, dude. Edu Falaschi replaced him back in '01 on Rebirth. I'm not a fan of Falaschi's vocals either but I still dig Angra because they're brilliant songwriters and one of the most talented bands in the genre.

Congratulations on the worst post I have ever read on the Something Awful Forums.

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008

A human heart posted:

Temple Of The Fullmoon stuff

Reminder that Behemoth used to be part of this, until they had a falling out. Darken even contributed with keyboards on a couple of early Behemoth demos.

They're buds again now though. Here's Nergal with Darken, ca 2013:

Note: I'm not saying Behemoth are nazis, but the Polish black metal scene is weird.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

My favorite temple of fullmoon story is when some of them decided they were going to go to this one band's gig and beat them up for being falses, but it turned out that the band members were these huge as hell miners, so our plucky NS heroes got the poo poo kicked out of them, which wasn't quite what they planned.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Or you know, just not listen to NSBM.

A buddy of mine turned me on to a group called Alkaloid which is apparently a collaboration of a bunch of tech death guys from Germany (Morean, Christian Muezner, Hannes Grossmann).

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/01/28/exclusive-track-debut-cthulu-alkaloid/

Apparently the album was crowdfunded and is going to be a little bit more diverse than the standard tech death flair that these guys are known for in other bands. The track itself is a pretty good death metal jam in itself and I have to say that I'm very impressed by Morean's vocals. He is very intelligible but has a pretty awesome growl.

Didn't hear too many guitar pyrotechnics on the track, but I heard that Christian had some kind of nerological disorder that prevents him from playing as well as he could in the past, so I think he's having to restrain his soloing to compensate for that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

"I like music full of hatred but not TOO much hatred.

Kill all the Christians but wow, hey, ummm, not them, ok? I mean, yeah, religion is stupid and should be erased but yeah"

Not endorsing NS either here but you dont have to believe in what the singer is saying. Just enjoy the music.

This was sounding really drat good in a doomy-death way and then suddenly someones child was playing around with a keyboard and they just left it on the track. :3:

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jan 30, 2015

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
Was anyone here ever into Red Harvest? They were my favourite band in the day and this is still probably my favourite song of all time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7i8gtlAKX8 (youtube squashing kills it a bit) I've never found a band that came close to the sound they created. Bringing it up cause it feels like they're slipping into obscurity. I only know one other dude who was into them that I hadn't got them into.
The drummer for this is one was Cato Bekkevold, who went on to Enslaved.

spleen merchant fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jan 30, 2015

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

"I like music full of hatred but not TOO much hatred.

Kill all the Christians but wow, hey, ummm, not them, ok? I mean, yeah, religion is stupid and should be erased but yeah"

Not endorsing NS either here but you dont have to believe in what the singer is saying. Just enjoy the music.

I mean, this is true, but on the other hand there is a difference between bands that sing about Satan's cock or what have you because it's funny/metal/scares their parents, and bands where the members actually actively support political causes like "kill all the Jews." Though I'm sure there are bands whose nazi lyrics are for shock value too.

Like, yeah Cannibal Corpse lyrics are pretty violent and gross but in real life Corpsegrinder is just a huge WoW nerd. He's not actually going around advocating for the legalization of smashing faces with hammers.

Hulk Krogan fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 30, 2015

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I don't know about you guys but I prefer not to support philosophically or monetarily bands who wish for the extinction of my friends, family and I because of our skin color happening to be darker than they would like. But that's just me.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
Evidently there's a Mexican NSBM scene that's actually listenable. It's made by PoC so according to The Rules it's OK to listen to, guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMOCDOWfbLU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Turk February posted:

I don't know about you guys but I prefer not to support philosophically or monetarily bands who wish for the extinction of my friends, family and I because of our skin color happening to be darker than they would like. But that's just me.

I can't find the actual interview I read,, but some EDM dude did an album of black metal covers recently. It was terrible, but the interview with him was pretty interesting. He's gay, and he talked a lot about being really into Norwegian black metal, but having to grapple with the fact that bands he listened to/gave money to had members that had killed people for being gay, and the fact that she scene was really homophobic in general.

It's kind of a tricky question. I won't really judge anybody for listening to a band with questionable views (assuming they don't themselves hold those views) but personally I try to steer clear.

Tangents
Aug 23, 2008

The interview was with Pitchfork.

quote:

So I went and saw [Faust’s band] Emperor live, and they are loving awesome. It was my birthday and I remember the drummer threw out a drumstick and I caught it. But the whole time I thought, “I'm a kind of Uncle Tom motherfucker if I'm going to see Emperor and support what they're about. They killed a gay man.” My record can't redress that kind of a crime, but it's part of a queer response to that subculture.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Turk February posted:

I feel the exact same way. I was devastated when I found out about Atlantean Kodex. :smith:

As an unrelated aside, I have to wait five months to see Einherjer and I'm losing my mind.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I like to listen to Adolf Hitler's speeches, because I just like the cadence of his voice.

Gamma Nerd posted:

Matos hasn't been Angra's vocalist for a long time, dude. Edu Falaschi replaced him back in '01 on Rebirth.
Hah, wow, okay. Shows how much I've been following the band.

Durendal posted:

Na, they have Fabio Lione now.
That's.... that's actually even worse. Guess I can still safely ignore this band.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
People enjoy listening to music in different ways. Some people separate ideology or even lyrics themselves from the music and that's fine. Other people are bothered by it and that's fine too. It's dumb to suggest that only one way is correct.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Nordick posted:

I like to listen to Adolf Hitler's speeches, because I just like the cadence of his voice.

He was actually quite good at giving speeches.

http://joshwilmoth.hubpages.com/hub/Adolf-Hitlers-Tremendous-Persuasive-Ability

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 30, 2015

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Hulk Krogan posted:

I mean, this is true, but on the other hand there is a difference between bands that sing about Satan's cock or what have you because it's funny/metal/scares their parents, and bands where the members actually actively support political causes like "kill all the Jews." Though I'm sure there are bands whose nazi lyrics are for shock value too.

Like, yeah Cannibal Corpse lyrics are pretty violent and gross but in real life Corpsegrinder is just a huge WoW nerd. He's not actually going around advocating for the legalization of smashing faces with hammers.

I generally agree but at the same time it seems really hypocritical when people are cool with bands singing about raping nuns, beheading priests and mocking Christ but then get up in arms if another band disses Jews or any other group. I don't know where some people draw the line, I guess. For me it's pretty easy to separate bullshit lyrics I disagree with from the music I enjoy. I won't monetarily support a band with those types of regressive, bigoted views but I have no problem listening for free on Youtube if the music is solid.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

ElectricWizard posted:

Note: I'm not saying Behemoth are nazis, but the Polish black metal scene is weird.

Yeah Nergal is legitimately a smart guy with a graduate degree n poo poo, so NS would be pretty under him. Also they have played in Israel a few times.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Henchman of Santa posted:

People enjoy listening to music in different ways. Some people separate ideology or even lyrics themselves from the music and that's fine. Other people are bothered by it and that's fine too. It's dumb to suggest that only one way is correct.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Yes, but like I said, I think maybe the problem a lot of people have isn't even the lyrics so much as the fact that the person writing them actually believes them. Nobody gives a poo poo about some nerd from suburban New Jersey screaming about feeding Christians to the lions in the name of Satan. When you have dudes who are actually active members of fascist movements or who have themselves committed violent acts in real life, then the ideological bent of their music/lyrics takes on a little bit of a different dimension.

I mean, i'm big sensitive liberal baby and the number of bands that use song titles/lyrics about rape as a cheap means of shocking people, for example, bugs the hell out of me. But, assuming the songwriter in question is not actually pro-rape in real life, it's not on quite the same level of bad as a dude who write songs about the aryan master race because he actually for real believes the whites should kill all the impure races and is a card carrying member of Golden Dawn or whatever.

That's just how I see it though. Obviously everyone approaches it differently, and that's cool.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Nordick posted:

Hah, wow, okay. Shows how much I've been following the band.

That's.... that's actually even worse. Guess I can still safely ignore this band.

If you like power metal at all, Rebirth, Temple of Shadows, and Aurora Consurgens are three amazing albums.

Fabio is actually better in Angra than he is in Rhapsody but the new album is missing something for sure.

Oliver Reed
Mar 18, 2014

Hulk Krogan posted:

Yes, but like I said, I think maybe the problem a lot of people have isn't even the lyrics so much as the fact that the person writing them actually believes them. Nobody gives a poo poo about some nerd from suburban New Jersey screaming about feeding Christians to the lions in the name of Satan. When you have dudes who are actually active members of fascist movements or who have themselves committed violent acts in real life, then the ideological bent of their music/lyrics takes on a little bit of a different dimension.

I mean, i'm big sensitive liberal baby and the number of bands that use song titles/lyrics about rape as a cheap means of shocking people, for example, bugs the hell out of me. But, assuming the songwriter in question is not actually pro-rape in real life, it's not on quite the same level of bad as a dude who write songs about the aryan master race because he actually for real believes the whites should kill all the impure races and is a card carrying member of Golden Dawn or whatever.

That's just how I see it though. Obviously everyone approaches it differently, and that's cool.

Oh, totally. Don't get me wrong, if there are guys in a band actually going out and hurting people/committing violence/etc. then they can gently caress off. If they're not, I couldn't care less about what they put into their lyrics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

guess we know now who's trve and who's not