Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
West007
Apr 21, 2013

I'd say this is Bryan's best look.

I'm not a fan of the hair he has now.

West007 fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

West007 posted:

[img - wwe.com] Edit: Uh, you probably don't want to leech.

Make it... trimmer.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

triplexpac posted:

I gave up on Smackdown when I saw Big Show was getting a match that went through 2 commercial breaks.

Can't believe I let WWE trick me into thinking Smackdown might be worth watching. Never again!!!

The yolks on you then, it was a good show.

West007 posted:

You don't like WWF debut Chris Jericho hair?

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

ayn rand hand job posted:

The yolks on you then, it was a good show.

A-hee-hee-hee!

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

sticklefifer posted:

So I'm just gonna call that Triple H's Raw announcement is that since The Rock interfered before the Rumble was officially over, Reigns is stripped of his victory. The "controversial" clip they showed on Smackdown wasn't focused on the boos, it was focused on Rock entering and then Reigns throwing Rusev out. That's the way they're spinning it.

I don't think this will get him sympathy heat at all though, which is probably what they're hoping he'll get.

Haha I can see it now.

Triple H: And so because The Rock interfered, Roman Reigns no longer won the Rumble!
*unbelievable, Austin-stunning-Snooki pop*
Vince: What the hell are they cheering at dammit

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bryan's hair just looks ratty now, and like it hasn't been washed in years.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Zonekeeper posted:

The thing I don't get is that Rollins has been doing awesome and has history with Reigns. He should be the authority goon they send after him, not Kane/Big Show. On top of that, they need to build hype for Rollins' eventual cash in.

Rollins/Reigns writes itself - As the "Architect" of the Shield, Seth knows all of Roman's tactics and can outsmart him to victory. Roman needs to figure out a way to beat a guy that knows all his tricks or he loses the title he just took down a monster to get. Something something Ambrose distraction BELEE DAT.

As with everything the problem is the ape john cena

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Aurain posted:

I wonder how it'd look if they flat ironed it.

Bryan Hair Chat ITT

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'd be alright with Big Show and Kane working with new dudes

They just shouldn't look nearly as dominant when they do and they shouldn't headline all that much

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Aurain posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Brie got him to try the "never using shampoo" thing a lot of the hippy types do.

That may work for some people, but probably not if you're an athlete becoming a sweaty mess every day.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
so I just heard on the radio that Mick Foley got disqualified from a chicken wing eating contest for stuffing uneaten wings into his fanny pack. The announcer was like "what was a wrestler doing wearing a fanny pack?"

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Corporate Kane posted:

so I just heard on the radio that Mick Foley got disqualified from a chicken wing eating contest for stuffing uneaten wings into his fanny pack. The announcer was like "what was a wrestler doing wearing a fanny pack?"

It was Wing Bowl 23 in Philly.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hulkamatt please reopen the scumbags in wrestling thread so we can add mick foley

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Roman seriously needs to lose the Superman Punch. It's honestly the stupidest looking move and it's near impossible to not make it look like garbage. Also why on earth is he still feuding with Big Show.
Daniel Bryan is only catchphrase over, Cesaro never grabbed the brass ring and that's his fault, Big Show and Kane are both credible heels and a feud with them will always be super hot and make anyone look good because they could beat someone so big.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

oatgan posted:

hulkamatt please reopen the scumbags in wrestling thread so we can add mick foley

Add in his bizarre relationship with Siri, too.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Big Show and Kane are both credible heels

I can't remember the last time either of them won an important match.

Maybe when Show won the ECW title from RVD?

Kane, maybe the WrestleMania tag title defense alongside Bryan.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Red posted:

I can't remember the last time either of them won an important match.

Maybe when Show won the ECW title from RVD?

Kane, maybe the WrestleMania tag title defense alongside Bryan.

How dare you forget the Stairs match.

In seriousness, there was the time he won the WHC from Sheamus via Big Show-sized chair.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Red posted:

Add in his bizarre relationship with Siri, too.

I thought this was a reference to the Apple search deal until I unfortunately googled it at work.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

sticklefifer posted:

So I'm just gonna call that Triple H's Raw announcement is that since The Rock interfered before the Rumble was officially over, Reigns is stripped of his victory. The "controversial" clip they showed on Smackdown wasn't focused on the boos, it was focused on Rock entering and then Reigns throwing Rusev out. That's the way they're spinning it.

I don't think this will get him sympathy heat at all though, which is probably what they're hoping he'll get.

That's the stupidest loving thing I've ever heard, which means you're probably right.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

How to save Reigns main eventing Wrestlemania:

Have Damien Sandow dress as Roman Reigns.

That's it.

Don't say anything about it, don't do anything.

Just Damien Sandow, with beard, in a long silly wig and riot gear.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Sockser posted:

That's it.

Don't say anything about it, don't do anything.

Just Damien Sandow, with beard, in a long silly wig and riot gear.

i would give anything for this to happen

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Well, sticklefifer called it.

"The incident The Game was referring to was, of course, the emergence of and subsequent interference by The Rock."

This is gonna suuuuuuuuck.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

The article also makes sure to point out that Triple H agreed with Roman that Roman won the Rumble, so stripping him of the win doesn't seem likely.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

I thought this was a reference to the Apple search deal until I unfortunately googled it at work.

Haha so did I, I just assumed Foley was in love with his phone, like that movie "her".

And I didn't even think that was that weird for Foley, it's just him being his usual self.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Orgophlax posted:

The article also makes sure to point out that Triple H agreed with Roman that Roman won the Rumble, so stripping him of the win doesn't seem likely.

He should defend it against Rusev, but Rusev's already jobbing to Cena at Fastlane

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Roman is going to have to defend his Wrestlemania spot against Rusev, as he was the only one who was actually impacted by The Rock's interference.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Blast Fantasto posted:

Roman is going to have to defend his Wrestlemania spot against Rusev, as he was the only one who was actually impacted by The Rock's interference.

So they'll make Sting vs. HHH decide the outcome?

- If Sting wins, Roman is in the main event against Lesnar on one on
- If HHH wins, Rusev joins the match for a triple threat

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Blast Fantasto posted:

But then what will Cena do on the pay per view? Fight Big Sho-

:magical:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
they should have given rusev's streak to roman reigns instead of the rumble

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It really just blows my mind that they thought a long, drawn-out match with Big Show would do anything for Roman.

Crowds pop for dudes killing other dudes quick. Ryback proved that. Just have Roman kill the Miz or something.

Fantasy booking is one thing, but it worries me that WWE seems to not understand basic booking.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Sockser posted:

It wouldn't be as good. Reigns doesn't have as much of a character for Sandow to imitate.

The Miz is a deeper better developed character than Roman "Mother Hubbard" Reigns. :psyduck:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

What's funny is that if they hadn't merged the WHC and WWE Title, they could get around a lot of the problems of the last two years by just throwing the WHC at dudes.

Nobody would be as upset last year if Bryan was in a hot program for the WHC, or if Reigns was currently gunning for the IC title or WHC,

but here we are.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

triplexpac posted:

It really just blows my mind that they thought a long, drawn-out match with Big Show would do anything for Roman.

Crowds pop for dudes killing other dudes quick. Ryback proved that. Just have Roman kill the Miz or something.

Fantasy booking is one thing, but it worries me that WWE seems to not understand basic booking.

It's a side effect of missing those months with the hernia - they want him to get over but they also want to give him as much singles main event length match experience as possible at the same time, hence the back and forth matches. It's not really doing both at once like they want.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So I saw a gif of the Romancanrana.

ha ha ha

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I respect Roman Reigns for trying to up his moveset and become a more well-rounded and entertaining wrestler.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Blasmeister posted:

It's a side effect of missing those months with the hernia - they want him to get over but they also want to give him as much singles main event length match experience as possible at the same time, hence the back and forth matches. It's not really doing both at once like they want.

Well they could easily do the longer matches on house shows and give him squashes on TV to help build up his killer image.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

oldpainless posted:

I respect Roman Reigns for trying to up his moveset and become a more well-rounded and entertaining wrestler.

It really wasn't his fault because Big Show took like a second to actually move. Nobody would have made that look good.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Sockser posted:

What's funny is that if they hadn't merged the WHC and WWE Title, they could get around a lot of the problems of the last two years by just throwing the WHC at dudes.

Nobody would be as upset last year if Bryan was in a hot program for the WHC, or if Reigns was currently gunning for the IC title or WHC,

but here we are.

Yeah I'm glad they unified the belts, but Bryan vs Brock with the Big Gold Belt while Reigns chases John Cena's bedazzled piece of poo poo would have been a lot more palatable.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

I hope on Monday curtis axel gets all the heat meant for Roman Reigns and we can start calling him :woop::supaburn: CURTIS AXEL! :supaburn::woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

I dunno if you're being sarcastic or not but I actually legit agree. I mean yes, it was terribly executed but goddamn, dude went for a long shot and I respect that, especially given recent (justified) criticisms.

• Locked thread