Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

I'll try to make a persuasive case on Chic.

I look forward to reading it.

I'm definitely not convinced either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

What about my comment that she could easily be a scum player trying to breadcrumb something to look town.
I disagree. I made my read, and I really could not care less about Chic's posting.

I approach busy players from a default status of town-- they are more likely to be town by numbers alone. They have to do something that stands out for me to think they are scummy.

Chic has done one thing I read as town and a whole bunch of whatever. Asiina has done two things I think are scummy and a whole bunch of whatever.

Chic is not scummy. Asiina is.

That is my opinion.

YAY FRIDAY.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
yuming stop being mean

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I'm saying I give players the benefit of the doubt. That's nice :sun:

I am also annoyed that like 3 people asked me about the same poster.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Because you are being dodgy and not helpful

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Rascyc posted:

Because you are being dodgy and not helpful

Yeah, your justification before that last post was basically 'she's town because she's town'. That wasn't very helpful to me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

yuming posted:

I'm saying I give players the benefit of the doubt. That's nice :sun:

I am also annoyed that like 3 people asked me about the same poster.

Well that's all well and good but I, for one, would like your thoughts on chic.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Chic Trombone posted:

But the BP wouldn't protect him from a lynch? I dunno man if you think he's scum that's fine I think he was being scummy too but I don't see how the BP would make you think he's MORE scummy
I can't even begin to parse this post. What does this even mean?

- Chic is actively commenting or asking the weirdest things: "If you think he's scum that's fine"
- Effectively skips day 1 but seems to have a magical unexplained read on Kaschei/Amni was scummy
- Overly cautious posting

##vote Chic

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
lol Keane.

I'm especially annoyed because this is the same struggle I have been having all game. "Comment on this neutral-town poster." "I have nothing to say!" "I DON'T CARE + you're scummy OMG"

Anyways I am still about half-way through my read and have two more reports to write. I am writing goals for spastic dysarthria atm woo~

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
"I have nothing to say" is far different than:

opo posted:

Looking [Chic] over I feel ok about chic, her response seem natural enough to me

yuming posted:

Yes. I agree.

I have read Chic three times and feel the same way.

Your first impressions around Chic feel really fake. If you had nothing to say, you should've said that instead of trying to force something out.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Okay I'm around. Nothing in the past ~150 posts or so has really stood out to me. I would still vote Meinberg; dude has disappeared since the lynch yesterday. I've cooled off a little on Byers but still think he's scummy; none of his recent posts have stood out to me as that bad though. I still have poor gut impressions of wins and yuming, though it doesn't go much further than that. No strong opinion on Chic and Asiina but I wouldn't shed a tear if they were lynched at this point. I'll see if I can find a case here that I find satisfying enough to vote for.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

"I have nothing to say" is far different than:

Your first impressions around Chic feel really fake. If you had nothing to say, you should've said that instead of trying to force something out.
But I do have one thing to say. Her breadcrumb sounded sincere.

It's only one little thing but it tips my scale. I didn't think this was so complicated? Neutral poster + one sincere sounding comment = neutral-town read.

I'm posting the psyduck because of how this conversation makes me feel.

:psyduck:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Isn't it possible that her breadcrumb is sincere, but she's still scum?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The separation between town and scum is that scum have to fake content about player alignment. If she actually gave Ernie that ring as scum, there is no faking necessary. Of course that will sound sincere because it actually happened.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

The separation between town and scum is that scum have to fake content about player alignment. If she actually gave Ernie that ring as scum, there is no faking necessary. Of course that will sound sincere because it actually happened.

I'm not sure I believe this is an appropriate metric 100% of the time, since there can be competing scum factions.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
##vote Yuming

I'm getting awkward vibes from her posting today.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I'm not sure I believe this is an appropriate metric 100% of the time, since there can be competing scum factions.

Yeah, I don't want to get too deep into a general mafia discussion, but this is why I really dislike opposing scum teams.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I don't think breadcrumbing says anything about alignment. Personally I almost never breadcrumb unless I'm scum or cop or mason. Cops and masons may want to leave some evidence either of their investigations or of their connection to other mason buddies if they die; scum breadcrumbs can shore up a weaker fake claim. For most other roles I don't see the point.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Somberbrero posted:

##vote Yuming

I'm getting awkward vibes from her posting today.

I'm concerned that she said she was here on Friday to really dive in and figure out the game, but she's done nothing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hmm... or maybe I'm remembering another poster. I can't find where she said that.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

The Ninth Layer posted:

I don't think breadcrumbing says anything about alignment. Personally I almost never breadcrumb unless I'm scum or cop or mason. Cops and masons may want to leave some evidence either of their investigations or of their connection to other mason buddies if they die; scum breadcrumbs can shore up a weaker fake claim. For most other roles I don't see the point.

It can be important information if someone is about to be lynched and they can point back to a breadcrumb to back up their claim.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Meh. I tend to think it's on the scummy side to post breadcrumbs because it means you're planning for your claim/lynch from the beginning of the game; I tend to ignore claims and breadcrumbs in general when voting people though so maybe that's just me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The only good breadcrumbs are Dead Cow breadcrumbs.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

The only good breadcrumbs are Dead Cow breadcrumbs.

Nay, Marvin the jerk. SCUMHUNTER remains the best breadcrumb of all time.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

Nay, Marvin the jerk. SCUMHUNTER remains the best breadcrumb of all time.

Seriously, CCKeane? Until my high, uppity needs tip everyone's reasonable beliefs about Chic's alignment, I'm going to ignore the breadcrumb as alignment neutral.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

merk posted:

Seriously, CCKeane? Until my high, uppity needs tip everyone's reasonable beliefs about Chic's alignment, I'm going to ignore the breadcrumb as alignment neutral.

I'm going to assume you wrote this post on a phone?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Making a good scumhunter breadcrumb joke is tough work.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
CCKeane, let me track you a question.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

CCKeane, let me track you a question.

Shoot.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

merk posted:

I'm concerned that she said she was here on Friday to really dive in and figure out the game, but she's done nothing.
I take a long time to read threads. Now, I don't have time. ALAS.

Also I got one less report done today than I was hoping.

I'm going to vote for Asiina because she is scummier than Chic and it is silly that so many people think the opposite so you should go look at Asiina ok, thanks.

##vote Asiina

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
I am p much booked all weekend. I will be back... sometime.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I believe Chic's breadcrumb and that she did give out an item, but don't think it says anything about her alignment.

Reading through her post history though she is very wishy-washy with all of her opinions. It's pretty much all hedging.

##unvote
##vote Chic

I still think EP is scum though.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

##unvote
##vote asiina

That is the fakest vote I've ever seen. You're convinced EP is scum before this, then switch to Chic because shes got some traction but hedge the gently caress out of that vote and STILL MAINTAIN you find EP scummy. That's ridiculous!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

True and Real posted:

##unvote
##vote asiina

That is the fakest vote I've ever seen. You're convinced EP is scum before this, then switch to Chic because shes got some traction but hedge the gently caress out of that vote and STILL MAINTAIN you find EP scummy. That's ridiculous!

Finding two people scummy at the same time is impossible?

I'm also not hedging about Chic, I just don't think that her breadcrumb is related.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

You've been toting the idea that EP is scum since you joined the game. It's the only alignment call you've made so far. In fact, you neglected to comment on almost anyone else, suggesting you felt reasonably confident that EP is scum. And hey, you still maintain that he is. Yet you vote for Chic because she was...wishy washy? That's it? That's enough for you to switch your vote from the person you're confident is scum nowhere near close enough to deadline for it to be because EP wasn't going to be lynched today? No.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

True and Real posted:

##unvote
##vote asiina

I agree with this, actually.

I think I may need to reevaluate EP, actually. I think I'm going to give him a rest for today. I still don't like him and Somber, but yeah.

##unvote
##vote: Asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I believe both of these people are scum.

Why does it matter where my vote sits between the two of them?

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Alright yeah, reading through the thread made my head hurt, I stopped when the 20 posts of jokes happened so alternate gameplan:

Random.org give me a number between 1 and 21.

Okay rarity. Give me a player who is scum and why, and a player who is town and why.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

Amnistar posted:

Alright yeah, reading through the thread made my head hurt, I stopped when the 20 posts of jokes happened so alternate gameplan:

Random.org give me a number between 1 and 21.

Okay rarity. Give me a player who is scum and why, and a player who is town and why.

Day 1: Rarity, Lucilia meg-Mullanor, Thief (town-aligned thief), executed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amnistar what do you think of asiina, same for you fits

• Locked thread