Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Brainwrong posted:

People say McLaren are dull and corporate. But compared to that photo they are a world of fun and parties. Ferrari is the worst.

The man without the tie would have been shot by Ron Dennis by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Now listen here, blue cars with yellow on them have a long successful history in F1 and

...never mind.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Vando posted:

Now listen here, blue cars with yellow on them have a long successful history in F1 and

...never mind.

:thejoke: I know

Shogunner
Apr 29, 2010

Ready to crash and burn.
I never learn.
I'm on the rapetrain.
hey guys back again

how do i ride sebastian vettel's dick without being a tifosi? :(

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Gunter Schmidt was a shitlord.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Shogunner posted:

hey guys back again

You can't. You either join us or switch driver allegiance to Maldonado.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Gunter Schmidt was a shitlord.

He was and he also owned.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

poopzilla posted:

That Ferrari looks like a winner. WDC # 2 for Kimi incoming.

Yeah but who's going to actually win the title?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I thought that Stefan Johansson finished third for rial but he actually did that for Onyx, another forgotten late 80s F1 team.

I'd take 39 cars trying to qualify for each race tbh

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Kimi really really doesn't want to be at this party

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

IceAgeComing posted:

I thought that Stefan Johansson finished third for rial but he actually did that for Onyx, another forgotten late 80s F1 team.

I'd take 39 cars trying to qualify for each race tbh

It was also done on one set of tires. Johansson was cool.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm mad that the Ferrari launch didn't include helmet shots.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Shogunner posted:

hey guys back again

We are all Tifosi, in a way.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

quote:

You probably have to think about it like this - A high tempered Spaniard dates a hot Italian model. There is love at first sight and the sex is great, but as the years passes, both of them realizes that the relationship is going nowhere - they can't seem to make the girl pregnant and have a baby because of her medical reasons, the Spaniard tries his best, he goes for hours and hours in the bed till both of them fall asleep from exhaustion, he is really great at it, even if she is hard to manage and won't listen to what the guy wants, he still handles her nicely even if her other boyfriends struggles with that, but the baby still won't come. They got close two times to adopting a baby, but one German guy always got chosen by the adoption agency instead of them. In the end, the Spaniard gives the girl last chance, because she has got a new doctor (Allison), and he might help them, but it doesn't work as fast as Spaniard would want to, because he knows that the best years are going behind him very fast, and he really badly wants the god damned baby. They have a few small fights here and there which in the end lead to splitting up. The girlfriend stays with the nice but somewhat quiet Finnish guy with whom they already had a baby back in 2007, so they might try it again, but the Finnish guy is bored and invites his best friend to join them in three-some, and as it happens - it's the German who stole the previous two babies from Spaniard, but the girl forgives him because he is really nice as well and might give her another baby. After few months the girlfriend sees in her Facebook page how much good things the guy says about his new girlfriend and how he has always admired her, so she starts to poo poo talk her ex in front of her family and other friends. The end.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Ferrari's new boss without his arm on Vettel's back but instead in his pocket. As an amateur psychologist, it's clear that Vettel has already been revealed internally to be a fraud and that signing him on was a massive loving mistake.

I've never seen Kimi smile that big for anything. Kimi Raikkonen, father of one.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

:stare:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I have breaking news. It turns out that the fraud... was Fernando Alonso.

http://www.grandprix247.com/2015/01/30/ex-ferrari-boss-says-alonso-not-a-good-test-driver/

quote:

“Alonso is a great race driver,” he said, “but not a good test driver. Each year, when he shook the car down, he said everything was perfect, then after a few months he began complaining. A real champion is the one who is able to manage the team.”

He said Alonso therefore does not compare with Ferrari’s last great driver.

“Ferrari’s problem in the last few seasons,” claimed Forghieri, “was not having another Schumacher.”

I think everyone in this thread owns Sebastian Vettel and Scuderia Ferrari an apology.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Oooh poo poo, it turns out that Ferrari were poo poo BECAUSE of Alonso, not the other way around! What a revelation.

Also I will be ecstatic if Kimi ends up being faster than Fettel.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

captainOrbital posted:

Oooh poo poo, it turns out that Ferrari were poo poo BECAUSE of Alonso, not the other way around! What a revelation.

I've looked up the advanced stats and it seems that Ferrari won 16 WCCs before they hired Fernando Alonso, and zero (0) after. The numbers do not lie and they are bad for the Spanish dope fraud.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
If Ferrari were looking for a true development driver and one who could bring them back to the winning path then they should've hired none other than Pastor Maldonado, after all, he was the man responsible for dragging Williams out of the gutter they were in and made them win a race once again after a 20 year drought.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Vando posted:

...never mind.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

El Hefe posted:

If Ferrari were looking for a true development driver and one who could bring them back to the winning path then they should've hired none other than Pastor Maldonado, after all, he was the man responsible for dragging Williams out of the gutter they were in and made them win a race once again after a 20 year drought.

:agreed:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The engine so bad Alfa took their name off it.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

That's not blue :colbert:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Generator posted:

Woo, a non silver/black car!

The Sauber is blue:

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

keevo posted:

Ferrari's car was just unveiled. More sponsors than McLaren and Sauber. I can't tell if it's just the picture or not but it looks like it has a really short wheelbase.

As a non Ferrari fan, I did genuinely liked last years car sans dick nose. This years is just plain loving ugly.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

gret posted:

I can just imagine Ron Dennis's face turning progressive more and more red as his body shakes with rage while staring at that wrinkled fire suit.

^ That is perfect and I can picture it gloriously in my mind.

El Hefe posted:

Vettel at ferrari just looks wrong

He looks like he just put on a "big boy race suit" for the first time and it doesn't fit him.

The McLaren isn't awful, but is extremely disappointing considering it could have brought back a cool historic look.
The Merc is boring and I don't even mind the green but I think they did id in an ugly way here.
The Sauber really isn't that bad, and at least it's different, and easy to spot on track.
The Ferarri is pretty decent looking. I like the black.
The FI isn't too bad either, aside from being another boring silver-black-STRIPE-FOR-EXCITEMENT car.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

El Hefe posted:

Vettel at ferrari just looks wrong

I am going to laugh so hard as Kimi routinely and consistently out performs Finger Boy, it would be just... so perfect.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

CratSock posted:

The McLaren isn't awful, but is extremely disappointing considering it could have brought back a cool historic look.

Don't forget that the McLaren is only doing a testing livery! They're not backpedaling; they're just getting their real livery together now.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

What's with the unpainted or black bodywork at the rear nowadays? Is it just a heat thing?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

captainOrbital posted:

Don't forget that the McLaren is only doing a testing livery! They're not backpedaling; they're just getting their real livery together now.

i don't think this is actually true

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo?

Did Marcus Ericsson bring on IKEA as a sponsor?

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
IIRC they're gonna use a different livery for the first test, but the one they showed yesterday is the one they're gonna use for the races (at least until even more sponsors drop them LMAO).

EDIT: I'm talking about McLaren

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Kobayashi has found a new ride in Super Formula

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I am going to laugh so hard as Kimi routinely and consistently out performs Finger Boy, it would be just... so perfect.

You don't think Vettel the Fraud would demand that the car be designed around him?

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

keevo posted:

You don't think Vettel the Fraud would demand that the car be designed around him?

You think Ferrari are capable of reliably doing that?

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
BOLD PREDICTION for the 2015 WDC table:
1. Sebastian Vettel
2. Pastor Maldonado
3. Kimi Räikkönen

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

"Don't tell me what to do with my ice cream, I know what I am doing, going for a poo poo!" That's Kimi's F1 legacy. A string of lovely catchphrases.

Whereas Vettel has massive legacy-cock, off which hangs four (plastic) WDC trophies with plenty of room left to hang more.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It's going to be a hell of a battle imo. I wish both of them could win the WDC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

RALF posted:

IIRC they're gonna use a different livery for the first test, but the one they showed yesterday is the one they're gonna use for the races (at least until even more sponsors drop them LMAO).

EDIT: I'm talking about McLaren

this isn't loving reddit guys none of this poo poo is true

• Locked thread