Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

The GOAT must be thrilled on the eve of his victory against the very talented Anderson Silva.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chris James 2 posted:

The only people howling in agony will be the people who pay $55 for the PPV and realize they waited 6 years for what they're witnessing

They'll be lucky if this show is under $100 in HD.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

The only people howling in agony will be the people who pay $55 for the PPV and realize they waited 6 years for what they're witnessing

TBF 6 years ago it would have been an incredible fight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

EmmyOk posted:

They're both past their primes but floyd has a declined far less, I don't terribly want to see him euthanise Manny.

the manny that fought bradley the first time, absolutely. but manny looked as good as ever in the second bradley fight and algieri fight indicates nothing. whatever steroids manny is taking is working. they are both veterans, but they're still the number 1 and 2 guy in the world.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Bubba Smith posted:

I understand people are on the Magny bandwagon, and I'm not saying they shouldn't be, but if you have Neil Magny headlining a FS1 show you're basically saying Neil Magny is UFC's guy. And I don't think they're ready to go there yet.

Just playing Devil's advocate here, but I dunno that Stephen Thompson has much more cachet than Magny does as far as the average UFC fan is concerned. He has a couple of cool KOs (one of which was in his debut three years ago) and aside from that he hasn't fought a ton. Magny trains out of Grudge so you can at least sell it as two local guys main eventing and both are on decent runs. This was never going to be a blockbuster event anyways.

Like, at a minimum, they could do something like
-Magny replaces Thompson
-Pull Sean Strickland from the Brazil card a week later to take Magny's place against Kunimoto (he'll have to fight a week earlier but it saves him a trip to Brazil), and
-Find some random Brazilian WW to replace Strickland on three week's notice because no one will give a poo poo.

If they want a bigger headliner I guess they can look at pulling one of Koscheck or Ellenberger off of UFC 184, but that card's already hurting now so I dunno if they'll want to.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

i survived the era of boring wrestler champions, the machida era, and the era of all brazilian champs, but this new era of fragile baby champions who can't make it through two camps in a row might be too much for me.

thank jesus for jon jones, the youngest, cat-havingest, and fightingest champion in ufc history.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Please don't get me in trouble for a bad joke :(

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I miss Brian Ebersole

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

freud mayweather posted:

thank jesus for jon jones, the youngest, cat-havingest, and fightingest champion in ufc history.

Mighty Mouse is the smallest Champion yet he's the most durable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

freud mayweather posted:

i survived the era of boring wrestler champions, the machida era, and the era of all brazilian champs, but this new era of fragile baby champions who can't make it through two camps in a row might be too much for me.

You are forgetting Demetrious "Middle School" Johnson. He is clearly the youngest and his mom will let him get a cat if he gets a 3.5 this quarter.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

MassRafTer posted:

You are forgetting Demetrious "Middle School" Johnson. He is clearly the youngest and his mom will let him get a cat if he gets a 3.5 this quarter.

that's insulting. he could easily be a full grown woman.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
So just how bad is torn rib cartilage? I don't recall every hearing an injury like that. It really sucks that Weidman vs Belfort is going to be delayed. Though if Vitor fights someone on short notice and gets smoked it would be hilarious.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Trast posted:

So just how bad is torn rib cartilage? I don't recall every hearing an injury like that. It really sucks that Weidman vs Belfort is going to be delayed. Though if Vitor fights someone on short notice and gets smoked it would be hilarious.

i don't know if it's different for different parts of the rib but when i tore mine it was as bad as a broken rib and i couldn't imagine fighting with one.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Marching Powder posted:

i don't know if it's different for different parts of the rib but when i tore mine it was as bad as a broken rib and i couldn't imagine fighting with one.

Given his history he was probably trying to push through it too. How long did that take to heal up in your case?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Trast posted:

Given his history he was probably trying to push through it too. How long did that take to heal up in your case?

loving ages. longer than a broken rib. i'm pretty sure it was at least 2 months before i could do anything and a bit longer before it wasn't ever present in my life.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Chris James 2 posted:

"GOD drat IT MANNY LAND A loving PUNCH" as a Philly shell rolls over them like a game of Mario Kart.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Aurain posted:

I think that fits the file size/image size allowance.
Maybe. I don't know how to find out.

thanks

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
drat good Av...and hot!

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

loving ages. longer than a broken rib. i'm pretty sure it was at least 2 months before i could do anything and a bit longer before it wasn't ever present in my life.

That sounds like a long lay off for Weidman. :smith:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Holy poo poo, Don Frye is the dude Roddy "Manic" Piper wrestles in the "Gang Wrestles for the Troops" episode of It's Always Sunny.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Let's write to the NSAC to get Weidman and Vitor a special exemption so they can take roids for the fight and beat the poo poo out of each other eventually.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

Seems like both Weidman and Thompson were training together, and both injured about the same time when they were having D1 wrestlers in for training.
Longo needs to get that poo poo fixed! yes yes, I know accidents and all that.

Pwny_Xpress
Nov 17, 2006

WEC Never Die
I dont know if it got posted here at some point and i missed it while trying to skim through poo poo posts or what...

But Yancy Medeiros and Tony Ferguson are fighting on the Rousey/Zingano card and that fight is gonna own. FOTN unless Zingano can make the fight with Rousey interesting.

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013
Would making steroids, epo, hgh whatever mandatory do something about all these injuries? I want to see a 250 pound Weidman fight every 3 weeks. Is that too much to ask?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Here's a stupid question but Cesar Gracie, is he aligned or related to the Gracie family?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Intel&Sebastian posted:

The Gastelum/Woodley negotiations were so extensive they somehow got pac/mayweather done too.

hahaha

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

ICHIBAHN posted:

Here's a stupid question but Cesar Gracie, is he aligned or related to the Gracie family?

Cesar Gracie, born in 1966, is related to Carlos Gracie Senior (the Gracie Jiu Jitsu founder) by way of his mother, Sonja Gracie-Gronning. His parents separated when Cesar was still a toddler and Cesar was raised solely by the Gracie side of the family being Jiu Jitsu a natural part of his upbringing.

In the 1970′s Cesar Gracie moved to the United States with his mother, he returned to Brazil after finishing his training with the US Marines, coming back to the United States in 1990. When Cesar returned to America he took some time to train at the Gracie Academy which Rorion Gracie founded in California. He would later receive his black belt by the hands of his uncle, Robson Gracie (1992).

Cesar was also the main catalyst for the Machado brothers move to the Northern Hemisphere in the early 1990s. He helped them open an academy in Redondo Beach, shortly before he moved to the Northern side of California where he established another academy, bringing another cousin (Ralph Gracie) to work with him. Living in close to the Gracie Family, closed door No Holds Barred events were almost a usual occurrence, and Cesar Gracie did participate in a few of these events.

It is often mentioned that his record was 14-0 before making his professional mixed martial arts (MMA) debut at age 40. This happened in March 2006 against MMA veteran Frank Shamrock. A fight he lost by first round KO.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
remember when they were trying to set up frank shamrock vs cesar gracie and the csac were like "we couldn't possibly sanction that, this guy has no fights" so renzo sent them a letter saying that he had all these unverifiable hulk hogan fights in brazil then he immediately lost and renzo distanced himself from the whole thing entirely

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

EmmyOk posted:

Kind of want Cat Zingano to beat Ronda.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Pwny_Xpress posted:

I dont know if it got posted here at some point and i missed it while trying to skim through poo poo posts or what...

But Yancy Medeiros and Tony Ferguson are fighting on the Rousey/Zingano card and that fight is gonna own. FOTN unless Zingano can make the fight with Rousey interesting.

Ronda vs Cat should be interesting even if Ronda is the big favorite. Cat is tough as nails and won't give up. I would be really surprised to see a repeat of the McMann or Davis fights.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Instead it will be a repeat of one of her other fights where she tosses her opponent on the ground and effortlessly armbars her.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Instead it will be a repeat of one of her other fights where she tosses her opponent on the ground and effortlessly armbars her.

Probably which is sad because Cat is pretty cool. Even Ronda seems to like her and Ronda only likes pokemon and her little stable of lovely bantamweight girls.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Triticum Guzzler posted:

remember when they were trying to set up frank shamrock vs cesar gracie and the csac were like "we couldn't possibly sanction that, this guy has no fights" so renzo sent them a letter saying that he had all these unverifiable hulk hogan fights in brazil then he immediately lost and renzo distanced himself from the whole thing entirely

Ohhh those Gracies.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I feel like I've been seeing a lot of crotch drops

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

origami posted:

I feel like I've been seeing a lot of crotch drops

Ian McCall is a lovely dude but sometimes he is hard to dislike.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Kelvin was about a -150 favorite over Woodley at this time yesterday. Now he's an almost 2-1 underdog. Holy poo poo.

raingwc
Feb 28, 2008

http://instagram.com/p/ygjsDbKbnw/

Oh DC.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Mousasi wants the Vitor fight. Make it fuckin' happen

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wish this man were able to become LHW champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Mousasi wants the Vitor fight. Make it fuckin' happen

Dana commented on TV that Vitor wasn't off of the 184 card just yet, they must be trying to convince him to take a replacement opponent rather than actually go with Holm/Pennington as co-main event.

• Locked thread