Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

my dad posted:

I think I'm going to back off from this thread for a bit.

Everything okay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

LowellDND posted:

I actually wanted to do CI/HUMINT when I was younger. Ive got the interrogation manual about 3 feet from me right now

"I... " he pauses. "That's information that sounds like its related to me staying alive. Yes, I have an idea. But I'd rather have better assurance of my health and survival before I tell you."

Oh alright, if you're going to force us to do this I'll be the one to bring it up

Establish a neutral and respectful rapport building relationship, engage in dialogue and build a shared narrative with the little poo poo

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Waci posted:

Actually, we DO have an opening for someone with his particular talents, and an implanted plasma grenade would probably do wonders for inspiring loyalty.

How strongly are you bound to serving your master?

Might as well let him know that. If he can give us the original Devries, I see no reason why we couldn't keep this one.

"I'm rather fond of staying alive. Perhaps we can negotiate?"

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Great, there's a Thom in the thread. Worse than chaos.

Can we put Smugsly Mc Smilesalot on ice for a while? The guy is effectively a robot and I think we have enough for now. We can thaw him out later and dig around some more if needed.

Also he's a clone. Let's not turn this bad luck magnet into a servitor.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
That doesn't answer my question. Are you bound to your master by anything other than familial loyalty?

We don't need to servitorise him, if he's not psychically or technologically bound to the original we can just hire him as is.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
I think we might be approaching diminishing returns, plus we now think he has at best half a soul.

We know there is someone with power on the ship making clones with a Master. Could be a lot of people including Limosa or I suppose the Magos. Might also be someone we have overlooked.

"Ok. What were you to do once you got here? Detail on this is your last chance since you don't seem to have anything else of value." (Of course given that we are superstitious, don't like the guy even if he were not a clone and can't afford to have him around his last chance was the first time we met him.)

My favorite part is that he arranged all the paper work for us to own the trucks. Presumably there is no shadow falling on us from this without the Master exposing himself or more of his network.

We have war aims to pursue. Who can we confide in about this clone/Master thing? How possible likely do we think it is that the Magos could be in any way involved? The Inquisition will just tell us to find and cleanse them, yeah?

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

LowellDND posted:

Ive only read the 40k CYOAs :D

It's a good, long read

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
If it was the magos, they wouldn't have needed us to get them on the ship, and we definitely couldn't have convinced them we were Amacita.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Outrail posted:

Great, there's a Thom in the thread. Worse than chaos.

Can we put Smugsly Mc Smilesalot on ice for a while? The guy is effectively a robot and I think we have enough for now. We can thaw him out later and dig around some more if needed.

Also he's a clone. Let's not turn this bad luck magnet into a servitor.

Yes, you installed a cryonics pod after keeping Amacita here. I remember it came up as a question.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

my dad posted:

I think I'm going to back off from this thread for a bit.

Yeh, I don't so much need to get into a blow by blow of removing parts from him. He knows his situation. We have learned what we learned. He tells us whatever he feels will save his life or not. Then we eliminate him and move on.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Thank you, bookmarked

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Check him over for tracers, mechanical, chemical, psi or otherwise

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Haystack posted:

Check him over for tracers, mechanical, chemical, psi or otherwise

Nothing on a preliminary search. Its possible he was expected to get spaced/shot/whatever

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Suggesting we install a security feature in him in case he crosses us, promise to let him live if he doesn't, and then tell him to contact his master and inform him everything went according to their plan.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Waci posted:

Suggesting we install a security feature in him in case he crosses us, promise to let him live if he doesn't, and then tell him to contact his master and inform him everything went according to their plan.

A modified explosive collar could work. Or make it internal in some manner.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Internal explosives is what I had in mind, yes.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Sounds like we have enough for a poll.

What do you do with the replicae?
A. Freeze him while you consider your options
B. He's outlived his usefulness, process him
C. Make him your own. Internal explosives.
D. Something Else

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Obviously voting for my own suggestion. C. We need a face we can send in our place, and if he really does have some inkling of where the original Devries might be, he can lead us to him too.

Bede
Jun 2, 2006

I wasn't even around for the goblin baby vote
B

Globofglob
Jan 14, 2008
B

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
C. I've got a bad feeling that the wheels within wheels are just another set of wheels within someone else's wheels.

Double down on the paranoia people,we might be getting played here.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

B Destroy him without mercy

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
A. There could well be something important we've overlooked, but gently caress having him creep up the joint anymore

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

C.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Argh waci is right. I don't want to kill a clone if this fucker I want to kill the original!! C

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

A x
B x x x
C x x x
D

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

B The machine's all revved up and ready to go anyway.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Oh yea lets kill the only lead we have for finding the original because clones are creepy.

Brownview
Oct 15, 2012

Nothing in this world can take the place of a power rack
B. Just to tidy a loose end, nothing personal [soulless clone of some devious master].

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
B Suffer not the abomination to live, except to gently caress with other models of Vries.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
What is it with this thread and letting all the bad guys go free.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
We got our water trucks and pinned the blame on our sibling. We're good by His Lordship and the Magos. Time to double down on helping the war effort after this.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Waci posted:

Oh yea lets kill the only lead we have for finding the original because clones are creepy.

Look at it this way, sure we stick a bomb on his spine all he has to do is go to his clone boss who is probably being surveyed by another clone boss and say a single word "Ohone" his head explodes and they know what to look into, which as we found out they are extremely proficient at doing.

At present our stupid sibling will probably get killed all the better for us or friend or something? I forget.

Waci posted:

This is also the warhammer universe everyone is the bad guys, unless you happen to be the Emperor.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 31, 2015

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

A Darker Porpoise posted:

Look at it this way, sure we stick a bomb on his spine all he has to do is go to his clone boss who is probably being surveyed by another clone boss and say a single word "Ohone" his head explodes and they know what to look into, which as we found out they are extremely proficient at doing.

At present our stupid sibling will probably get killed all the better for us.

Or we process this clone, and let Devries Original carry on being a heretic. Just like we let Mother go and carry on being an abomination.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Waci posted:

Or we process this clone, and let Devries Original carry on being a heretic. Just like we let Mother go and carry on being an abomination.

Exactly we're already a filthy heretic for letting a horror terror psyker beast go, we shouldn't change the status quo.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Waci posted:

Devries is still totally on our target list on sight. Taking care of this loose end makes sure he can't backfire on us. Next time a devries shows up we should shoot him in the face. Or capture him and start a collection/ trophy retinue of Devries servitors.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
C.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Odds are high he's going in the tank

A x
B x x x x x x
C x x x x
D

Brownview
Oct 15, 2012

Nothing in this world can take the place of a power rack

Waci posted:

The OP is going to keep finding stuff to throw at the protagonist and write a good story despite the voters not always being the brightest bulb. I don't think we had the firepower to take Mother* and I don't think we can rely on an expendable clone for information or double-crossery.

*I still think the people from Mother's village will fall back under its control when it comes back into the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Grognan posted:

Devries is still totally on our target list on sight. Taking care of this loose end makes sure he can't backfire on us. Next time a devries shows up we should shoot him in the face. Or capture him and start a collection/ trophy retinue of Devries servitors.

Oh yea he's somewhere on the planet, I'm sure he'll just come turn himself in when he gets no response from the clone he sent. Killing this clone achieves literally nothing except informing the original Devries that we're after him (even if he does think we're Amacita) and the only way we have of finding him at the moment.