Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Dunban posted:

It's the lowest ever % of a Bundesliga team

They're gonna get relegated

well they are dead last, again.

how did this happen lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I only caught the last 15 minutes but they were just aimlessly launching it up the pitch hoping for something to happen. Klopp needs to stop that otherwise they're definitely going down

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

What is actually going on with Dortmund? There is obviously a lot of talented players in the squad and it's not like Klopp suddenly forgot what he's doing.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

Jose posted:

I only caught the last 15 minutes but they were just aimlessly launching it up the pitch hoping for something to happen. Klopp needs to stop that otherwise they're definitely going down

I watched the entire match and it was this all the time. From both squads, to be fair. It was just a horrible game to watch and I don't see Dortmund improving in the near future because they can't do poo poo in the enemy's box. Immobile, Reus, Kampl, later Ramos - everyone was there but nothing worked.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I don't think we've had an easier game all season so of course we didn't win it. Dortmund looked abysmal.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

Ewar Woowar posted:

What is actually going on with Dortmund? There is obviously a lot of talented players in the squad and it's not like Klopp suddenly forgot what he's doing.

I want to know this too.

Can some Dortmund fan write an effort post explaining their collapse this season pls.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Lot 49 posted:

an effort post explaining their collapse this season pls.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Lot 49 posted:

I want to know this too.

Can some Dortmund fan write an effort post explaining their collapse this season pls.

Nearly every single player they bought in the last couple of years is poo poo

Also

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Lot 49 posted:

I want to know this too.

"We cannot have foreigners earning more than Germans"

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Dortmund could have gotten Mandzukic last summer. Just think about it, a striker that's not much worse than Lewy and works his arse off in defense, whose only 'flaw' is being a slightly difficult character (which is why Klopp didn't want him lmao).

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Healbot posted:

Dortmund could have gotten Mandzukic last summer. Just think about it, a striker that's not much worse than Lewy and works his arse off in defense, whose only 'flaw' is being a slightly difficult character (which is why Klopp didn't want him lmao).

Dortmunt could have kept Lewy had they only paid him what he wanted 3 years ago. But yeah, missing out on Madzukic because he's slightly difficult was madness.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
That guy's not a little difficult he's just scum. I can totally see why you wouldn't want him in your team.

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009

Lot 49 posted:

I want to know this too.

I'll give this a shot. In my opinion, it's of course a combination of different, interconnected, terrible things.
1. Under Klopp, Dortmund can play one style of football. Attacking the enemy player immediately and as soon as they gain possession, switch to full offense mode, a quick counterattack, and then score because the other team cannot react in time. Which worked amazingly well for a couple of years, but now just about every team has adapted to this style of play. Especially those teams who are, by the numbers, worse than Dortmund - HSV, Köln, Frankfurt, Freiburg, Bremen. All they have to do is form a strong defense. When Dortmund have possession and the enemy defense is doing a proper job, they cannot do anything. They have no way of breaking through defensive lines. And Klopp cannot do anything because for some reason he doesn't want to, or cannot, teach his players how to do that, and he has no players anywhere in the squad who are able to.
This leads to a new situation - Dortmund is being beaten by the same style of football they had once mastered. At some point during their haphazard attempts to break through the defense, some player gets nervous, plays a risky pass, the ball is lost to the enemy and they score with their own counterattack. Look at the teams which Dortmund played really well against: Bayern, Wolfsburg, everybody in the Champions League. Because none of those are content with being in the defense and waiting for mistakes, they instead play offensively, which fits Dortmund's style.

2. The defense is a mess. They couldn't deal with whatever it was - the world cup, injuries, and so on, but there is no defensive stability in the team. Almost every game this season they had to play with a different set of defenders. Hummels, Subotic and Durm are all completely out of shape, other important players are injured too often, and you have new guys like Ginter who don't fit into the team yet. Klopp obviously couldn't form a strong team out of his defenders, which is why they were so easily beaten by those counter attacks mentioned above.

3. The same applies to the offense. If you look at the squad for each game, there is constant rotation between Aubameyang, Immobile and Ramos so they can never learn how to properly cooperate with those guys in the midfield who are supposed to bring the ball to them so they can score. Klopp faces the very difficult task of replacing one really good striker who had years of experience in the team, with a bunch of completely new guys who don't know the team.

So all in all, and it pains me to say that because I like him, Klopp is beaten. He had a lot of time to come up with some kind of countermeasure against defensive teams and to integrate the new players into the squad, and he failed at both. Yes, they had a bunch of bad luck, some referee decisions against them and those 35 times they hit the post instead of the goal, but when it comes to the goals they conceded, 90% happen in the exact same way, because the exact same mistakes are made, and that is just ridiculous.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Huntelaar got a six match ban hahaha. See you in mid-March, bitch.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Smirr posted:

Bit harsh, this.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah. Even if it was 3 for the kick and 3 for tapping his forehead it would still be quite harsh. That said, ban Boateng too, IMO.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen

sicDaniel posted:

So all in all, and it pains me to say that because I like him, Klopp is beaten. He had a lot of time to come up with some kind of countermeasure against defensive teams and to integrate the new players into the squad, and he failed at both. Yes, they had a bunch of bad luck, some referee decisions against them and those 35 times they hit the post instead of the goal, but when it comes to the goals they conceded, 90% happen in the exact same way, because the exact same mistakes are made, and that is just ridiculous.

Thanks for taking the time.

Sucks about Klopp. Guess I need a new name for whenever I get asked who I want at United once Ferguson retires/Moyes is sacked/Van Gaal is sacked.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Smirr posted:

lol

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
There are matches today and tomorrow, so remember to tipp your kicks.

Also, this:

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Smirr posted:

Supposedly the ban is so long, because the foul was a result of him being ordered/just wanting to get his 5th yellow card.

Obviously just speculation, but it'd make sense that they reprimand him for that kind of behaviour.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Boooateng :allears:

Neuer :eyepop:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

My dead granny would have saved that penalty.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
68% possession for a 10-man Bayern :negative:

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

loving lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Bendtner scoring, Bundesliga really must be poo poo

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
This ref was utter poo poo.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Dunban posted:

This ref was utter poo poo.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
Udo Lattek is dead.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

gently caress, I miss the times he'd make this wretched Doppelpass show bearable talking about old times.

RIP Udo. :(

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Let's see if we can get a match day this year without black ribbons, for gently caress's sake. :( RIP Udo

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Ah, gently caress. One of the best, definitely.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

Dunban posted:

Ah, gently caress. One of the best, definitely.

According to himself at least

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!
What a lovely day, RIP Udo

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

At least Dortmund is willing to help out sad fans in the time of need (lol Dortmund).

sicDaniel
May 10, 2009
Dortmund speeding towards relegation at the speed of light! And it's the exact same procedure I described above. Augsburg is doing reasonably well in the defense and just needs to wait.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Why haven't they booted Klopp yet? It seems rather obvious he's done.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
https://i.4cdn.org/sp/1423080651132.webm :slick:

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

lmao

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Hummels is massively overrated

Adbot