Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Rad, I need a break from Japanese-language games and Dragon Age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ps3 bitches i'm on plz fucks with me

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

fyodor posted:

ps3 bitches i'm on plz fucks with me

I'm getting a PS4 tomorrow but for the weekend (and probably longer--I don't have a ps4 copy of GTAV yet) I will mission/mayhem with PS3 homies.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I'm getting a PS4 tomorrow but for the weekend (and probably longer--I don't have a ps4 copy of GTAV yet) I will mission/mayhem with PS3 homies.

hit a brother up: Space_Echo

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Wait another hour and I can! :toot:

(don't actually wait I'm being a slacking slacker at work) :(

We started, but join the party and I'll get you invited.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Dumb game code. If I do the 3.5mm quickjack trick before starting the game I can hear in-game chat. If I then get invited to a PSN partychat, I cannot hear that, gotta kill my USB audio input to hear those voices or restart everything including the game. RockStar :argh:

e: Lost contact to the session + NAT voice chat issues with zip..? Spawned for a few seconds on food while cars were being driven around my character.

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jan 31, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
edit: eh nevermind, I can't handle Crocodile Mile again

Slim Killington fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 31, 2015

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Soon the garbage man and I will be the only ones left...

fyodor posted:

hit a brother up: Space_Echo

I'll beat you up as well, friend.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Game automatically choses my custom Elegy RH8 every time it's about those kinds of cars. Why.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

geeves posted:

We started, but join the party and I'll get you invited.

Do you guys have room for 1 or 2 more?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I got stuck in a shipping container and all hell broke loose with my Rebel's physics....

Also, I managed to win the dreaded Horse Factory, no thanks to this fella.....

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

The motorcycle race with the pier-jump was my fave, the double-marker path down the unpaved shoreline being the only real questionable bit and the final tight chicane would benefit from being a bit less tight so speed could be kept. Beats the snot out of everything community-made they've picked up and made official faves and features that I've tried.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

where's my ps3 peeps i want trade races like fat kids and pogs

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Friendly reminder, if you are riding in a semi, don't shoot directly behind you as that damages the trailer. I'm at the point where I'm just about ready to kick any pubbie out of the passenger seat when I drive one

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Wee Bairns posted:

I got stuck in a shipping container and all hell broke loose with my Rebel's physics....

Also, I managed to win the dreaded Horse Factory, no thanks to this fella.....

What a handsome motherfucker.

Though I don't know where the news team gets their facts. My street name is Lasagna.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Rockstar still needs to do a little work on its ferry boat DLC pack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtmbImtouuc

The heat activated ejection seats appear to be working just fine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyNxBU6qzg0

Aardmania fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 31, 2015

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.
PS3 until my next promotion!
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/maaaytag
Bud_F in game

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

Last night satisfied me in grown up, mature ways :gay:

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
I'm so sick of people waiting before delivering the documents on Rooftop Rumble when they could just finish it, and do another mission in the same amount of time and get more cash.

And it's always kids too, they always come on voice with a squeaky voice and go "HEY GUYS WAIT HERE AND YOU'LL GET MORE MONEY!" and they don't get the idea of money per hour or whatever.

Will it ever go out of fashion?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

thehustler posted:

I'm so sick of people waiting before delivering the documents on Rooftop Rumble when they could just finish it, and do another mission in the same amount of time and get more cash.

And it's always kids too, they always come on voice with a squeaky voice and go "HEY GUYS WAIT HERE AND YOU'LL GET MORE MONEY!" and they don't get the idea of money per hour or whatever.

Is it actually the same amount of time? The load screens are terribly slow - between that the time it takes to pick a new mission and even just sit in the lobby and wait to start I'd prefer to get the max amount of money out of every mission, every time.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Aardmania posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtmbImtouuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyNxBU6qzg0

Blaze of glory

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

I'm not a fan of Neil Diamond but I secretly think it was him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mZEiXg28Rg

Just look how deep his pockets roll

Not in the video, but in the video that PS4 did not save, was that he hit another one of my proxy mines at LSC then sent mercs after me.

thehustler posted:

For the longer missions (most of the 6 person missions), adding another minute or two to a 10 minute mission isn't bad. But for RR, yeah. You're sitting around for 10 minutes. It's kind of wasted. On the other hand, causing massive pileups and traffic explosions and fighting with the Ballas can be fun.

Aardmania posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci9A5F7WgTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPxd5gS8OeI

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I'd rather sit and do nothing, getting me more money than doing more missions which typically cost me more than just time, since ammo can be expensive.

But, I'm also able to sit on like 300k and not really spend much, if any, in like a 4 hour free-roam session. I'm almost at 1 mil just selling chrome dubstas.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Sitting during missions is good because you can gently caress around with teammates and sometimes there are no police so you can cause 20 car road blocks and punch women with impunity. I try to run a timer because 16 minutes isn't all that long as long as you aren't finishing the mission in 2 minutes with a buzzard.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Scyron posted:

I'd rather sit and do nothing, getting me more money than doing more missions which typically cost me more than just time, since ammo can be expensive.

But, I'm also able to sit on like 300k and not really spend much, if any, in like a 4 hour free-roam session. I'm almost at 1 mil just selling chrome dubstas.

I tend to solo missions to kill time. I'll do Trash Talk or something, maybe A Titan of a Job once or twice to fill in the gaps and make another 30-40k in the process. And spend the minimal amount - $200 for a buzzard then minimal ammo for Titan.

Speaking of special vehicles, I may have found another time and place for the Sentinels that spawn. I haven't found a 2nd one yet at that location to confirm, but it could be worth checking out if you find yourself in the area. This was around 5pm-7pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RynYNfLIS60

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

We really have to try actually getting the car to smash into the boat sometime. Maybe load both up with explosives.

Also, would someone mind helping me spawn one of those chrome dubstas? I could seriously use the extra cash flow

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

geeves posted:

I tend to solo missions to kill time. I'll do Trash Talk or something, maybe A Titan of a Job once or twice to fill in the gaps and make another 30-40k in the process. And spend the minimal amount - $200 for a buzzard then minimal ammo for Titan.

Defender is another good solo mission, Martin gives you a Buzzard so you don't even have to spend the $200.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

omg chael crash posted:

We really have to try actually getting the car to smash into the boat sometime. Maybe load both up with explosives.

Also, would someone mind helping me spawn one of those chrome dubstas? I could seriously use the extra cash flow

I will - it's not a problem!

geeves posted:

I may have found another time and place for the Sentinels that spawn..... This was around 5pm-7pm.

Bumblebee Sentinel Spawn

Found another, same general location. This was closer to 7pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhYJgOZelMs

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I want to play with the physics of some vehicles we don't always have access to in multiplayer.
Last night during a quick Titan... job we dicked around with the Dock Handler, the cargo box crane. It got me to thinking what stupid stuff it could be used for, and what other vehicles are untapped potential for stupid fun...

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Ive seen videos in which some of you have an expanded radar but with no nametags. Can anyone tell me how to do this? The nametags totally poo poo up the expanded radar and make it useless.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

BitBasher posted:

Ive seen videos in which some of you have an expanded radar but with no nametags. Can anyone tell me how to do this? The nametags totally poo poo up the expanded radar and make it useless.

In Settings -> Display

There is an option for Expanded Radar (it's not with the option to hide or change to blips only, but further down) and right under it is an option to hide name overlays.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

In Settings -> Display

There is an option for Expanded Radar (it's not with the option to hide or change to blips only, but further down) and right under it is an option to hide name overlays.

This doesn't work for me - the radar expands but the names won't disappear. I'll be interested to see if BitBasher can get it to work.

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

It amazes me how people still don't know about the mine shaft above vinewood hills. I've had so much fun the last couple of days just getting called a hacker by guys trying to claim my bounties.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Heartstrings Tugboat posted:

It amazes me how people still don't know about the mine shaft above vinewood hills. I've had so much fun the last couple of days just getting called a hacker by guys trying to claim my bounties.

Continue to be amazed. What now?

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Kelly posted:

Continue to be amazed. What now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y95enluzFvw

Best thing about the mine is that it seems to be different every time I enter, sometimes it's a lot longer with more twists.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I had a pubbie take me there in a joyride a few weeks ago for no reason. I ran every branch of it and then murdered him over the hassle of being out in the middle of nowhere.

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Slim Killington posted:

I had a pubbie take me there in a joyride a few weeks ago for no reason. I ran every branch of it and then murdered him over the hassle of being out in the middle of nowhere.

It's not really in nowhere where they won't come for your bounty, but far enough out to piss them off when they have to turn around.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think I wanna try that. Can you put a bounty on yourself? I think I'd be glad to spend 9 grand on pissing people off in a non-obvious way.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Heartstrings Tugboat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y95enluzFvw

Best thing about the mine is that it seems to be different every time I enter, sometimes it's a lot longer with more twists.

When will people stop insisting that every random prop or texture has some profound significance. Oh wow a dead body zombie dlc confirmed?!?! Be sure to like and subscribe so we can solve this mystery!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Just tried it, found some mummified 1920's 30's gangster in SP. Wicked. Now to see if it indeed changes between sessions of online, I want to use it in a team deathmatch, though it seems to have only one way of access and egress in SP.

e: Got the same layout of it as in SP, at least one area closed off temporarily. The actual gate to the place respawns quickly - good for messing with pubbies. GTA race on bicycles or motorcycles possible?

Policenaut posted:

I think I wanna try that. Can you put a bounty on yourself? I think I'd be glad to spend 9 grand on pissing people off in a non-obvious way.

Keep stealing cars

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 1, 2015

• Locked thread