Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Looks good, I'm shamelessly stealing it. I might try moving the top 2 storages down to the gaps next to the top ATs. While it would drop the number of giant bomb spots to 3, it looks like the ADs can cover the new storage locations and it would be even better against dragons. Which are 90% of my defenses at max TH8. Won't know till I check the AD range, but either way thanks for sharing!

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jan 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

New update....just received on Android. Barbs and Dragons train 5x quicker for a limited time!!

Source - http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/537750-Barbarian-Dragon-event!!

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
:ducksiren: 5x production speed on barbs and dragons for a limited time! I'm training a barbarian every 4 loving seconds aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

What a great day for my barbarian upgrade to finish.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Roll Fizzlebeef posted:

What a great day for my barbarian upgrade to finish.

My Barb5 finishes in 4 days...I'm almost tempted to gem it...but it's 600+ gems....I guess Barb4 it is for now..

Roll Fizzlebeef
Sep 9, 2003

That's how they get you. Stay strong, brother.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Hammy posted:

I did some tweaks to the TH8 war base I posted a few pages back and it now officially owns bones.

She's been hit by all the favorites a few times now and has yet to give up a 3* without forcing a TH9 to reach down. Note: anything can 2* it, the point is to hold to 2, not try to get a sneaky 1* defense.

Salient features:

- 5 possible double bomb areas, centralized king. Couldn't be much worse for hogs.
- CC unlurable without hogs or bloons
- Lots of compartments to slow down GoWiPe, Teslas spread about the center to ensure safe PEKKA hits
- Very tough for dragons: AD are too spread for easy 105, there are high hp structures both in front of and inbetween he ADs, and ADs have a gap in front of them to help redirect dragons away
- drat look at all that symmetry

By far the most common attack has been dragons of course, and they haven't even gotten me down to the time race yet, it's been one AD standing every time so far.

I like it. I think I would push your two cannons at the northeast and northwest out to the wall to ensure a CC of balloons can't easily path their way to the AA. I'd try the 8 dragons/8 balloons from the bottom right edge on it and lightning the third AD, but the 4 air bombs are likely to disrupt it. We're matched against a tough clan i PEKKA right now, and if I have time I will give your base a go.

The only other tweak I might make is to move the two top storages with the elixir collectors by the ATs, or maybe closer to the third AD on the left.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

ixo posted:

:ducksiren: 5x production speed on barbs and dragons for a limited time! I'm training a barbarian every 4 loving seconds aaaaaaaaaaaaa

Time to finish single player

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Trip Report: dropped 800 trophies to Silver 1 and barb-only has already netted 1.8 million gold. Just hit anything with 50k gold. Poor noobs.

Get on it ASAP. Raiding is gonna dry up quick.

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
Those are good suggestions, the other thing that I don't like is the walled-in wizard tower. It looks nice but doesn't really add a lot defensively, rearranging so a tesla is walled in somehow might be better.

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

I'm going to try to boost a barrack and see if I can crank out barbs 1 per second

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Been aiming for masters all week so I can get my 5th builder, and its been a tough and expensive climb. Right now in Crystal I with 2483 trophies. I thought it was tough for me as a TH8, so imagine my surprise when I came across a TH6 base worth 27 trophies.

I shoved his poo poo in with 8 dragons :unsmigghh:

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I just sent a request to showmeyourPEKKA as Shampy.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
So, I've been trying all dragon clan attacks and boy howdy, that is draining my elixir. What is another good just reached TH8 battle plan for being good at clan wars? Is it always just toss all the expensive guys out? I wanna get my upgrades done here, but I can't save up for them with all the wasted war efforts. The cost of doing all dragons even against winning doesn't seem like a solid gain.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

AxeManiac posted:

So, I've been trying all dragon clan attacks and boy howdy, that is draining my elixir. What is another good just reached TH8 battle plan for being good at clan wars? Is it always just toss all the expensive guys out? I wanna get my upgrades done here, but I can't save up for them with all the wasted war efforts. The cost of doing all dragons even against winning doesn't seem like a solid gain.

It is just super expensive in the beginning. There is no better attack than a drag attack. It sucks, but I don't think anyone has ever shown me a better attack. I mean, if you don't mind attacking 10-15 lower (maybe even 20, depending on the matchup), you could do a giant/wiz/healer/archer attack. Really, though, just drags. Then you'll move on to GoWiPe, and you'll talk about all the DE you spent. Then you'll hit TH9 and Bloonion is pretty drat sweet, and not very expensive. I usually do a GoWiPe/Bloonion per war.

But yeah, you're gonna be buying lots of drags. So, don't suck, and make sure you at least get a star.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Goon Tang Clan has two openings. Padijun are you ready to come back yet, we are winning more wars but it’s not the same without you :(

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

Jaysus posted:

It is just super expensive in the beginning. There is no better attack than a drag attack. It sucks, but I don't think anyone has ever shown me a better attack. I mean, if you don't mind attacking 10-15 lower (maybe even 20, depending on the matchup), you could do a giant/wiz/healer/archer attack. Really, though, just drags. Then you'll move on to GoWiPe, and you'll talk about all the DE you spent. Then you'll hit TH9 and Bloonion is pretty drat sweet, and not very expensive. I usually do a GoWiPe/Bloonion per war.

But yeah, you're gonna be buying lots of drags. So, don't suck, and make sure you at least get a star.

Yeah, I can pull off 2 stars, but so can everyone else in the clan. I feel bad when it is close and the only open attack for me a previously 2 starred attack I know I can't beat. Maybe when my dragons reach LVL3 then!

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"

AxeManiac posted:

Yeah, I can pull off 2 stars, but so can everyone else in the clan. I feel bad when it is close and the only open attack for me a previously 2 starred attack I know I can't beat. Maybe when my dragons reach LVL3 then!

Yeah, level 2 drags are great for a 2 star. You're going to love that level 3 drag upgrade, and you should work toward that ASAP, because, while not a guaranteed 3 star, they give you a much better chance at it. It is the best upgrade you'll get until probably Pekka 3.

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

AxeManiac posted:

War wins should be giving you 600k/600k/2k or so when you're hitting decent th8s and that's a good amount of gold and DE, but wars in general aren't profitable anyways relative to the time and troop investment.

Giant/healer is garbage after early TH7 and gowipe doesn't really work until you have the troops levelled. I guess you could level your hogs up if you want another option but that comp seems to fail as much as it succeeds.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

AxeManiac posted:

Its unfortunate. I would recommend barching or garching between wars. I've had the most luck in Gold 1.

Barrack 1 and 2 - 33 Archers / 17 Barbs
Barrack 3 and 4 - 32 Archers / 18 Barbs

I look for bases with mostly exposed collectors and then put a ring of barbs around the base then just ring the archers around, destroy 50% and move on. With the current barb boost this army takes about 14 minutes to make and costs roughly 30k. Until i could start doing GoWiPe it was the only way I could afford straight Dragons.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

As a relatively new TH7, what are some recommended army comps? currently I still use my TH6 comp but expanded to fill the extra army camp, which works out to 10 barb, 1 healer, 3 wb, 11 giants, and 100 archers, with two healing spells. I use the barbs to lure the cc, take that out with some archers, drop the giants ahead of them, near any ad, and use the heal spells to keep them alive until the ad is taken out, at which point I drop the healer. Liberally apply archers wherever needed, and use the wb to get through tough walls that might be between the giants and the ad.

It's worked out well so far for the most part, but I just built the dark barracks and I'm at the point where I can save up for dragons and I'm wondering if I should change up that comp at all once i get the new troops.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

neogeo0823 posted:

As a relatively new TH7, what are some recommended army comps? currently I still use my TH6 comp but expanded to fill the extra army camp, which works out to 10 barb, 1 healer, 3 wb, 11 giants, and 100 archers, with two healing spells. I use the barbs to lure the cc, take that out with some archers, drop the giants ahead of them, near any ad, and use the heal spells to keep them alive until the ad is taken out, at which point I drop the healer. Liberally apply archers wherever needed, and use the wb to get through tough walls that might be between the giants and the ad.

It's worked out well so far for the most part, but I just built the dark barracks and I'm at the point where I can save up for dragons and I'm wondering if I should change up that comp at all once i get the new troops.

No point using dark troops at TH7.

Once you have dragons though, try out some 10-dragon comps rolling other TH7s. (You won't be able to do much to TH8s with level 1 dragons.)

psychicattack
Mar 22, 2003

Ask me why I don't punctuate the last sentence of my post

ATCG posted:

I'm going to try to boost a barrack and see if I can crank out barbs 1 per second

BOOST THEM ALL

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

I've been doing pretty ok with bloonions for war at TH8, l5 bloons and l4 minions aren't awful. They're no murderbloons though :sigh:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Maugrim posted:

Goon Tang Clan has two openings. Padijun are you ready to come back yet, we are winning more wars but it’s not the same without you :(

Padi should come back!

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Trip report: Spent the last 2 weeks in crystal 3-2, that poo poo sucks. Theres decent amounts of DE to be had but it's rare to find a base that has 200K+ resources that don't require super expensive armies to get at. I think its best to just beat up on people hiding in Gold while they save up for expensive upgrades.

slut chan
Nov 30, 2006

ClumsyThief posted:

but wars in general aren't profitable

Not to be overly American, but then why do it? I thought the reason wars a thing was because you can make bank.

Fun is not an acceptable answer.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french

neogeo0823 posted:

Dragons. RIP your lix. Level 2 dragons with level 4 heal/rage at TH7 can 3 star TH8s as well, although it relies on dumb/weak AA placement by them.

quote:

Not to be overly American, but then why do it? I thought the reason wars a thing was because you can make bank.

I'm net negative on lix every war I do due to 10 dragons x2, even if we win. There is a decent gold and DE payout for winning, however.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
This barbs boost is the best thing ever. An army of 220 barbs trains in less time than my attacks take, it's like having a constant barracks boost for free. I've made a crapton of money already, I'm about ready to gem one of my builders free and start building walls like a madman

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

slut chan posted:

DE and Gold, use wars to turn your Lix into it.

The last clan I was in if we were winning by an absurd amount (we would all attack once at the start and leave our second attack until the last few hours) we would hit a high up base that was easy to snipe/50% with a cheap army. We made a lot of profit that way.

BlindNinja
Sep 2, 2004

lurking in the shadows

b0ng posted:

Trip report: Spent the last 2 weeks in crystal 3-2, that poo poo sucks. Theres decent amounts of DE to be had but it's rare to find a base that has 200K+ resources that don't require super expensive armies to get at. I think its best to just beat up on people hiding in Gold while they save up for expensive upgrades.

I'm in the same boat. No resources in crystal 3, probably going to drop to gold 2 or something. It's crap.

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
At TH7 and most of TH8 you either use dragons or you're not contributing pretty much. And none of this half dragon, half wizard/giant/whatever crap some people try to pull: 10 dragons, with lv6 bloons in the clan castle. Really just watch the 105 dragoon video and you'll be effortlessly 3*ing your way through most of TH8.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
I just reached town hall 7 a few days ago, most of my collectors are 8, my barracks are 5,5,6, and 8. I am finding that when I attack I find tons of poo poo with under 10K resources, and maybe two or three TH8 or 9. I don't have dragons and my army size is 180, so I go raid with 12 giants, a healer, and the rest barbarians. I look for a base with one or two ADs in a non centrally located area, then send the giants(lvl3) and healer in on the other side before swarming with barbarians. So far, if I am lucky enough to find a stupid player with a lot of gold this works pretty good. :v:

G3 has a higher resolution than my TV so the pic is kinda huge. I also apparently suck at screenshots on Android, trying to do Power & Vol put a volume indicator on the screenshots, using built in qemo put the status bar on the top and cut off some from the side.

I think I need to max my collectors, but my defenses tend to get walked over on a regular basis so I'm not sure what to upgrade first. I have joined like 3 clans so far only to find pubbies constantly talking about dicks and then starting wars but not attacking. Last war I was in had 20 bases each side, my clan attacked 13 times and scored 3 stars, the top 8 players did not even attack. The other clan scored 44 stars, if it wasn't for their clan being all asain or arabic (based on the non latin alpahbet) I would have joined them.

Hammy
May 26, 2006
umop apisdn
Join a goon clan wtf are you doing in pubbie clans?

There's an insane barb bonus going on right now so what you should do for farming is get barbs levelled up to 4 ASAP and attack with mostly barb armies nonstop. Hit any base with over 50k. Once that is done resume barching or using giants if you must.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Joined a goon clan, and I am doing barbs lately but just thought I would say my old strategy for when barb extravaganza ends. Any thought on my farming base? I plan to switch to the mantis for warbase.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I'm trying to join one of these clans in the OP but they're all invite only. What's the deal with that?

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

vandalism posted:

I'm trying to join one of these clans in the OP but they're all invite only. What's the deal with that?

Supercell added a general search feature a few patches ago. That means that leaving a clan set to "invite only" subjects you to constant requests from pubbies.

If there's a specific clan you're interested in, ask here and we'll be happy to open our loving arms

:downs: er yeah. Invite only just means you have to send a request message. An open clan means no approval is needed to join which means that الله أكبر and his closest friends could join whenever they want.

ixo fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Feb 1, 2015

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

vandalism posted:

You can still request. Just be identifiably goony in your request message. If they were open they'd be full of random pubbies.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
So this just happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClumsyThief
Sep 11, 2001

slut chan posted:

Fear of the tyrant who leads us and the glory of Goon Tang Clan.