Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

I'm getting married this weekend, so I'll likely not be posting until Monday. Feel free to NPC me, since my typical attack strat is just to run at the closest man and hit him with my sword until he falls over.

Congratulations and/or condolences! Hopefully your more talky fellows will be able to avoid the whole combat thing, but I'll make sure to not set you on fire this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Congratulations, Olanphonia!

On the subject of talky fellows, if I can get the assist from Dash, that'd be great.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
To address Waci question from the thread, the warrant is on scintilla with Gramsh. What you have is essentially a certificate of deposit showing that a warrant is in Gramsh's bank. Granted the certificate is proof of, And as good as, the real thing.

Technicality aside the certificate is on the ship, and yes the ship is in deep orbit. That said enough magic words have been said that the sorcerer will stand down.

Well mostly stand down. With the threat dash made, he's keeping his bubble up.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So, I'm going to be in Vegas next week Tuesday through Friday for work, and for me anyway it doesn't make sense to start the assault on the SoB Convent before I leave, so forward action is going to be paused for now. Still feel free to fluff post about stuff in the thread, or crunch here in the OOC thread.

While we're at it, I would like some feedback from you players on how things are going. You still having fun? Are there things I'm doing well? things I suck at? Things you'd like to see or do? We can use the little break for that at least!

Things will get to your regularly murdering upon my return next weekend.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Still defintely really happy with this game! My slow posting has more to do with being not very useful for investigation (both mechanically and fluff wise)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Still defintely really happy with this game! My slow posting has more to do with being not very useful for investigation (both mechanically and fluff wise)

Don't mean the party can't use your peppy demeanor! But yes I do understand that you and some of the other players don't have investigation skills.

On the inverse, i think this is the first time goatface has used cryptology too, so I think I have an equal balance of you folks having nothing to do.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Yeah, and IC and OOC my guy is not very familiar with this particular conflict and doesn't really have an opinion over which party to gently caress up/gently caress over, just so long as it happens.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
As the sole nurgle representative of the party it is my duty to say that I would like more opportunity to infect people with horrible, debilitating diseases and plagues. While I am currently pleased with my position within the hierarchy of the crew, I must show disappointment that I have yet to inflict so much as a sniffle upon our foes.

In conclusion, *FART*

xoxo,
Jaizon

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

quote:

While we're at it, I would like some feedback from you players on how things are going.
You still having fun?

I am. To a degree. It's like this - I've spent a fair portion of my xp on being a social guy. Most of it I can't use a fair portion of the time. I've never rolled a Command test, which is what my class (and role) is -for-. At least, as the captain, I get to coordinate stuff and occasionally talk to people IC - I can only imagine that the other marines that have played feel like they're kept in a box labeled "Don't open 'till all-out, premeditated combat".

I guess I could start Disguise Kit-ing away the horn stubs, wear tail-friendly carapace and just pretend to be a human (Rogue Trader art always makes the RTs look like massive mountains of dude anyway, and the discussion in the TG 40kRPG topic seemed to indicate that Alpha Legionnaires are kind of puny compared to other Astartes), but that only solves the problem for me.

quote:

Are there things I'm doing well?

I really dig the combat expediting - the whole "give priority list and numbers" thing. Let's be honest - the brutal reality of high-level 40k combat is "combatant dodges/parries/gets missed at for X rounds - until he doesn't - then he dies." Combined with your descriptions, it keeps the game moving while still feeling like those involved pulled off cool stuff.

quote:

things I suck at?

Not that you expressly -suck- at it, but I would like some clarity regarding whether improving social abilities will pay better dividends.

quote:

Things you'd like to see or do?

As far as ship-wide stuff, maybe terrorizing a RT colony planet. Some place far enough in the sticks that we won't write it off as impossible due to immediate and massive retribution from Guard/Loyalmarines. Lets the corruptors corrupt, and the fighters fight. It would be splitting the party, though.

As far as personal stuff, Aethun's already suspicious of Corvax, and he doesn't even think of himself as much of an Alpha Legionnaire anymore (IC, due to Slaanesh, OOC mostly because doing AL-type stuff like playing with the party and our objectives like toys without involving them feels lame). Maybe some stuff from the "real" Alpha Legion messing with him, asking him to use his resources or the ship for shady/seemingly stupid stuff.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Sorry, really been meaning to update this, but between working, house hunting, and now the holidays I've not had the time to devote to it. Good news is I'm on vacation starting tomorrow, so I hope to find the time.

As motivation to myself, if i do not make an update by Sunday the 28th everyone gets 200th exp, 5 corruption, and 3 infamy. If I make an update before then, you get nothing.

e: jolinaxas I totally understand your concerns. Part of the issue is you and malicious onion vie for the social stuff sometimes and in numbers he's often "better" than you.

But most of it is on me and where I've been sending you. I understand your frustration. I don't want you to feel like you've wasted your stuff. To give you an idea of what is to happen coming up, is as soon as you are done here, the game will open up. What i mean by that is you will have the choice of which of the daemon Princes you've met you like, and would want to keep aiding.

You could stick with one, or play the field. While the focus is still going to be on bringing down the Calaxis sector, much of it will be in the screaming vortex building forces up or getting supplies, so you can be your little special horned snowflake and interact with folks just as hosed looking as you m

As for having folks to command around, you've had a bunch of penal rejects and guns for like half a year, start training them and build an army!

Werix fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 23, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Hey ronwayne check the stats on the Gun cutter in the second post on this thread. The auto canon is not pilot operated so someone has to man that gun, and everyone jumped ship.

Also I want to know if you're hovering and firing, or making strafing runs. Hovering will grant you bonuses to hit, but also make you much easier to hit. Strafing will make you hard to hit, but you can only attack every other round as you turn around to get in position.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I have the copilot npc, right?
Also is the gun also hooked up to the MIU system or do I got manually fire that?

If the answers are no and yes, having the copilot do the surpressive

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

I have the copilot npc, right?
Also is the gun also hooked up to the MIU system or do I got manually fire that?

If the answers are no and yes, having the copilot do the surpressive

Well I guess Tibur can be on board, though now that someone who's part of the command crew can fly poo poo now, he'd likely be staying on board the ship. The autocannon and heavy weapons mounts were more there so other players can have poo poo to do during gun cutter segments (which this isn't) and not for you to just order NPCs around doing. Consider investing in a Minion as gunner.

The dual twin-linked heavy stubbers are connected to the pilot controls via stick/MIU. Again, the autocannon must be manned manually, it's like the nose gun turret on a flying fortress.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

kk, editing for the stubbers. i'll spend my next wad of exp on a minion

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I super pinky swear that I will update today. So as not to flood the IC thread with OOC stuff, to answer goatface's question:

goatface posted:

If someone (Boli in this case, though someone with an actually good BS would be better) ran out of the gate and down the path, is there a vaguely safe place where he could get aboard the guncutter and man the autocannon?

Alternatively, could he just lock it in the forward position and pull the trigger whenever Dash swings the cutter in the right way and said "Bang"? With his eyes closed, while trying to ignore the G-forces.

There is a whole line of Rubric marines that would be a pretty safe place. The path is about as wide as the courtyard so Dash could land the guncutter. If you do that though Ra and his Rubric marines are also boarding guncutter because if you folks are all running from the immolator he's not staying there with his troops to get fried by the twin-linked multi-melta. So if Dash is willing to have the guncutter out in the open for a turn while folks load up, then sure.

Also waci, if you are reading this, I was mostly joking in the thread. Xanatova is still in the game. You can have had her chilling on the guncutter and have her man (woman? person?) the atuocannon for all I care. Just please post!

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Werix posted:

Also waci, if you are reading this, I was mostly joking in the thread. Xanatova is still in the game. You can have had her chilling on the guncutter and have her man (woman? person?) the atuocannon for all I care. Just please post!

'Naw baby please I didn't mean it, come back to me!'

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Okay, so series of mild inquiries that kind of piles up into one question.

So, the Immolator's going after R'T'S and company - that's fine. Makes more military sense than trying to steer their tank into a church.

That said, in order to limit the fire (and basically make it Rubrics vs. Tank, Us vs. Ground Troops), I'd like to basically enrage/provoke/goad them into going into the church. As per the Unholy Icon description, apparently just seeing an eight-pointed star on a chain is enough to drive some people crazy with rage, so Corvax is going to take one of the nearby icons or articles of faith, desecrate it in some horrifying, better-left-undescribed Slaaneshi fashion and then throw it outside. If everything goes to plan, faith will trump military tactics and we'll split them up.

So, is such a thing possible, and if so, I assume it would be a willpower-based Intimidation check?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jolinaxas posted:

Okay, so series of mild inquiries that kind of piles up into one question.

So, the Immolator's going after R'T'S and company - that's fine. Makes more military sense than trying to steer their tank into a church.

That said, in order to limit the fire (and basically make it Rubrics vs. Tank, Us vs. Ground Troops), I'd like to basically enrage/provoke/goad them into going into the church. As per the Unholy Icon description, apparently just seeing an eight-pointed star on a chain is enough to drive some people crazy with rage, so Corvax is going to take one of the nearby icons or articles of faith, desecrate it in some horrifying, better-left-undescribed Slaaneshi fashion and then throw it outside. If everything goes to plan, faith will trump military tactics and we'll split them up.

So, is such a thing possible, and if so, I assume it would be a willpower-based Intimidation check?

I'll say sure it's possible, but it would probably take a couple turns to properly desecrate something to get their attention/ It would take more than spraypainting "Kilroy was here" on a bust of Lehman Russ.

Though to be fair, you probably got your priorities wrong. With their inferno shells with warp weapon, the rubrics just punch through power armor like it isn't there, letting them really gently caress up the SoB's while warp weapon doesn't help with vehicle armor. The power swords some of you have would have been put to better use carving up the Immolator.

But the plan is on you. You want to throw a desecrated statute outside, it's two turns to properly graffiti up.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Nah, it's fine. I happily defer to anyone who has a better grasp of the situation tactically. I'll readily admit I'm not the best at this sort of thing.

Do the tank guns have a blind spot / minimum range? That's what scared me the most regarding charging the tank with a sword - getting point-blank'd by a vehicle-sized melta.

EDIT: I guess what I'm really saying is "HELP!"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
They should have like a 45 degree arc on either side for the spindle ones, and a bigger arc on the front one that probably starts a few feet in front of the tank. Back? Probably nothing. You could probably get in under them, but if my second spell works, then you guys just need to jog out and start wailing away.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I just want to give you all a heads up. An update should be coming next week. That said, I close on my house on Friday, so February is going to be crazy with me moving, getting utilities (like internet) switched over and whatnot, so posting might be much slower than usual. Luckily I'm only moving a few blocks away, the bad thing is I hate moving and might drag my rear end on it.

I apologize in advance, and I thank you for putting up with it.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Good luck with the house!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Hey govtcheese,

Looking at what has happened in the thread, and given the fact your guy's whole act is flying stuff, and I don't plan on making a guncutter available again anytime soon because this battle taught me:

1. The guncutter is way to damned over-powered when used in a role supporting troops (by doing like drive bys, not hovering obviously). The armor on it is good, and the range and damage on the weapons were obviously designed for use against other flying vehicles. So unless I'm going to throw vehicles into every encounter moving forward, or contrive ways for the guncutter to be limited (everything is inside and underground now), I think I have to leave it out.

2. I really want to limit the amount of other books from other systems I have to regularly consult, such as the vehicle rules from OW. Meaning I'm probably going to totally eliminate vehicles appearing in the future, or make it a rare occurrence just due to the hassle of breaking out rules from another system for combat.*

So given those two points, I could understand if you want to not play as Dash anymore. If you do, that's great, go ahead! If not, we can retcon Dash dying in the crash, I'll allow you to roll another character.

If the whole experience (understandably) leaves you bitter and you'd rather drop the game entirely, I'd hate to see you go, but would understand.

*this means expect many daemon engines in your future. Even in Imperial space, don't ask how, I'm not sure yet.

Werix fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jan 29, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Oy. Now I know how Firesight felt in KSAF's OW game. :psyduck:

But nah. I spent a lot of time writing up, then waiting to play him. And while I wanted to play high risk literally dying in my first mission doing what I mad the PC to do would be even more unfulfilling. He's a decent infantryman. And with a bit of exp can turn him into a ok infiltrator type. Don't you also need someone to fly the space ship?

But like, next time dude, can you talk to us OOC? Fiating us into failing is like a huge bummer.

And as for appropriate enemies: hordes man, something for both the vehicle and the space marines to chew on.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jan 28, 2015

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Ronwayne posted:

But like, next time dude, can you talk to us OOC? Fiating us into failing is like a huge bummer.

Seconding this. When you want to change the game in some significant way, taking control of PCs to GM fiat them into doing something dumb and suicidal isn't the best way to do it.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Ronwayne posted:

Waci posted:

Seconding this. When you want to change the game in some significant way, taking control of PCs to GM fiat them into doing something dumb and suicidal isn't the best way to do it.

Okay, to be fair, he did discuss it with me as a GM to GM thing, and I told him you two were level headed about spaceman games and probably wouldn't care so long as you weren't actually, you know, dying stupidly and pointlessly like you originally would have. It sucks to lose the guncutter, and it sucks to be on the rear end end of dice luck, but he turned it into a thing that ended the fight (preventing more lovely stuff to everyone, since we still had like 20 other meltas about to be shoved up everyone else's rear end) and kept you guys from burning infamy and/or just flat out dying.

This wasn't GM fiat just to change the game up, or taking control of your dudes to make a rule change; dude agonized about lovely die rolls and their implications like all night, he would not shut up about it. This was 'the guncutter got creamed on bad rolls, I feel bad about that and don't want to pull another LordKoth, I'm gonna make some good come out of it.'

The rules stuff came after the guncutter was blasted out of the sky, not before.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jan 28, 2015

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Switch his bonuses from aircraft to personal flyer, then buy/steal/loot/acquire a Deldar skyboard.

Endless aeons doing sweet skateboarding moves on the faces of your enemy.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Thank you dyne for putting it into words for me. The dice were really poo poo last night. Dyne's right, I consulted with him GM to GM as I was torn on what to do. I easily could have "GM fiat" the crit away if i wanted, and almost did.

Look the jink test was -30 due to vehicle size, and the roll to avoid crashing into a fireball was minus 30 too, meaning dash was rolling against a TN of 40, and as I explained in the italics in the post all those rolls and re rolls fell short.

I decided that I was going to let the results of the dice play out, but didn't want to let the cutter die in vain so did the epic ramming action.

It wasn't until after and I was going to post telling ronwayne "there will be a chance to get another cutter later" that I started assessing what role I want vehicles to play. In that extent, it is fair I open it up to you players for input. You know my starting position as it relates to vehicles. That said, there was talk in the past of you players making daemon engines, and that is still on the table. But I will hear your opinions on vehicles.

My biggest issue is a 45 wound 40 armor flying machine with a gun that can hit stuff from a thousand meters away is going to dramatically change the way I run combat so that it isn't wrecking everything and the other players got nothing to do.

But I do not appreciate the allegations of "GM fiat" and constant triple questioning of dice rolls whenever negative events in combat happen. The worry of a ton of probing questions make me dread doing combat more than I already do.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, so important things are afoot. First off, where the game goes from here:

You have now all reached the point where the major players have been introduced. I now want to open it up as to who you wish to work with. What this means is who you side with is now up to you. That does not mean you make an irrevocable choice this minute as to who you want to work with, but you can now choose who you want to deal with. Think Aethun is a fuckass? You can leave Vire right now without meeting him and go do stuff for the Master. Do a mission for the Master and not like it? Go do one for Jayden then.

You can play the field if you want. Do know that eventually your actions will alienate certain of the four Chaos Lords, as they will be having you gently caress with each other, but you can sort of shop around before you decide who you like. Want some help deciding who to go too? I'll give you an idea of what the missions for each are going to be like.

1. Aethun: His missions will very much stay with the "Espionage in the Imperium" theme. He will have you dropping agents off on Imperial worlds, assassinating Imperial Officials, instigating rebellions; the standard Alpha Legion stuff. There will still be the fair share of combat, but there will be a focus on non-combat stuff. Also the one employer that will have you fighting the most Imperials.

2. The Great Master: His missions are going to be split down the middle. Half the time will involve you going and testing out his plagues on either Imperial worlds or worlds in the Vortex, so infiltration will play a role. The other half of the time will be sending you to gather rare components to make his plagues better. He is the force most likely to have you going up against xenos, like collecting more Tyranid juice, or stealing toxins from Dark Eldar.

3. Draeven: Draeven is the guy you want to go with if you want to just kill stuff. Many of his missions are going to be in the Vortex, killing the leaders of various armies so he can claim them for himself, though some missions will be aimed at weakening military targets in Imperial Space. You are going to be fighting a lot more Chaos Forces doing missions with him, though Imperial and Xenos isn't out of the question.

4.Jayden: Jayden will be the grab bag. She will send you after targets of opportunity both in the Imperium and the Vortex. Expect attacks on imperial shipyards or offing rival Pirate Captains. He will also send you on missions (like the one you were just on), purely for his amusement. He will be the one to ask you to go and crash a noble's party and spike the punch, or go fight some space marines, with bonus points for doing it without power weapons sort of thing.

I want you all to decide in character who you want to take the next mission from. Consensus is desired, but I will go with a majority if there is a deadlock. Remember, just because you pick to work with the Khorne aligned person doesn't mean you can't go shooting warp fire at folks and nurgle farting on them. Pick who you've liked so far and whose mission types sound interesting.

Second order of business, advanced archetype time!

If my math is correct, each of you should have gained at least 4600 exp, you may have more including your starting exp and any individual achievement bonus EXP you have gotten. Since you are all at that rank, I am allowing you to retcon your character into an advanced archetype from the fluff books. This is not an invitation to remake your character; your character concept and history stays the same, your alignment stays the same, everything else stays the same, but your numbers change.

Hey Werix, I want to be an advanced archetype, what do I do? Glad you asked other werix! if you want to be an advanced archetype, then you must pick an archetype that currently meshes with your current character. What that means is that it is the same alignment, or starts unaligned; if the later case we will assume an alignment shift. They must be the same race, obviously. They must have a related nexus to your current character. If your current character is a psyker, whatever advanced class you take must be a psyker as well.

Instead of giving you a bunch of examples of what I will and will not allow, just post in here going, "Werix, I want to be a Pirate Princess" and I will either give you a thumbs up or down. If I give a thumbs down, you may argue your case and I'll hear you out, but my final determination does stand. If I give you a thumbs up, do the following:

1. Look at your current Character sheet, shed one last tear.

2. Your motivation, disgrace, etc remains unchanged.

3. Go to your stats. Keep your original point buy disbursement on stats. Now is not the time to swap around your WS and BS.
3.1. Remove any state advancements you have bought, they're gone now.
3.2. Remove any bonus your old archetype gave you (for example the +5 fel the apostate gives you)
3.3. Factor in any bonus your new archetype gives (like the +5 WP and Fel of a 1k sons sorcerer)

4. Your corruption and infamy remain unchanged!. Do not add additional corruption and infamy from your new archetype

5. Skills and talents: zero out any skills and talents you have bought. You should only have your race (marine or human) skills and talents plus what your new archetype adds. If this means you loose a minion, you loose a minion.

6. Psyker stuff: If you're a psyker you loose any powers you currently have, you'll have to rebuy them. If your new archetype has a lower psy rating than what you have now, you are stuck with it!

7: mutations and gifts. These stay the same as they currently are.

8. Equipment. Keep all your current equipment. Do not take anything from the advanced specialty unless it is something that the specialty gives you an exotic weapon training for (like q'sal weapons, plague knife for plague marine, etc)

9. Spendable experience: Take your current EXP total. If you take a marine advanced archetype subtract 3600 from it. If you are a human advanced archetype, subtract 4600. Whatever is left is your's to spend.
9.1. Since I said your alignment stays the same, it stays the same, even for the purposes of spending exp at this stage.

Werix, what if I don't want an advanced archetype? That's cool, stick with yo bad self.

Werix, what if I want one in the future? You can have one. There might be many reasons you might not want one. Maybe you want more EXP to spend, maybe you're not the appropriate alignment yet, whatever. You can stay with your current character, and whenever we have a down time inbetween adventures you may change then.

Werix, once I change, can I go back later? No! The decision to go with an advanced archetype is a permanent one, so think carefully.

Werix, about that guncutter... That's open for discussion. I forgot you guys do have that Chimera still. Future fliers, other vehicles and daemon engines are still up for play, but a replacement isn't going to appear next mission, and before it does I want to sort of discuss how we're going to handle things, especially with a flier and the ranges it operates at combined with not being able to wack it with a power sword.

Once everyone has indicated if they are going to change archetypes or not, and you've decided (in the IC thread) who you're taking your next mission from, I will update.

Werix fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jan 29, 2015

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Ok, questions OOC for the rest of us.
1: Does anyone want a daemon bound into their weapon? I have ~character development~ reasons to perform that particular set of rituals, but Xanatova isn't exactly a combat focused character. Monion said yes.
2: Does someone want to actually drive the chimera around, or can I have that for reasons? Govtcheese can keep the Chimera, I can find something else, since use for a Chimera would probably come up long before the daemon engine would be finished.

Waci fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 30, 2015

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
1. I'll pass. Normally I would, but I don't think it would be appropriate for this character.
2. I have no problem with that.

Do we want to get the plan for the future together IC or OOC? Or both?

Werix, that mission put me up to 32 corruption and 52 Infamy, which crosses the mutation threshold. Would you mind rolling up what it is so I can put it in my IC post when I make it?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

1. I already got one, even if the gun is pretty :effort:
2. Id want to drive it around, but if you're gonna possess it, go ahead.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Werix, that mission put me up to 32 corruption and 52 Infamy, which crosses the mutation threshold. Would you mind rolling up what it is so I can put it in my IC post when I make it?

That I can do in the morning before getting coffee in me!

Infamy roll was a 50 (just made it) so you get a gift o' Khorne.

You rolled a 42 so you get:

Olanphonia posted:

1. I'll pass. Normally I would, but I don't think it would be appropriate for this character.

A daemon weapon! I'll roll the stats up later this weekend for you, but it will be a bloodletter, and it will have a binding strength of 1( the same as govtcheese's daemon weapon gift), and the bloodletter has a WP of 32, so it will have two abilities. If you want it to be in one of the weapons you currently have, let me know, otherwise we can put it in one of the chainswords you guys found in the Sororitas armory; which I think would be fitting, if I say so myself.

Whatever you pick you can fluff it, but I think it having been an offer on the pile of Dialogos skulls in the cathedral would be fitting.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Werix posted:

A daemon weapon! I'll roll the stats up later this weekend for you, but it will be a bloodletter, and it will have a binding strength of 1( the same as govtcheese's daemon weapon gift), and the bloodletter has a WP of 32, so it will have two abilities. If you want it to be in one of the weapons you currently have, let me know, otherwise we can put it in one of the chainswords you guys found in the Sororitas armory; which I think would be fitting, if I say so myself.

Whatever you pick you can fluff it, but I think it having been an offer on the pile of Dialogos skulls in the cathedral would be fitting.

Ha! Quite the irony. Well, I'm quite attached to my power sword, to be honest. I had originally planned on elevating it to a legacy weapon, but this works too. The pile o' skulls and altar o' blood idea is a good one, so I'll run with that. I'll post something tonight or tomorrow morning and I'll try and hop in IRC in case anything comes up.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Ha! Quite the irony. Well, I'm quite attached to my power sword, to be honest. I had originally planned on elevating it to a legacy weapon, but this works too. The pile o' skulls and altar o' blood idea is a good one, so I'll run with that. I'll post something tonight or tomorrow morning and I'll try and hop in IRC in case anything comes up.

I'm out of town until Sunday, so no big rush, though feel free to fluff if you want.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Question: I take it the Khornates slaughtered all of the non-combat sisters?

And yeah, sticking with Champion. Corvax isn't a Veteran of the Long War, too far gone from the mainstream AL to justify using their resources -more- (as is the case with the AL archetype), and not crazy enough to be a Noise Marine. Plus, giving the Nurglites re-rolls and the Khornates non-crappy wound regeneration has served us well thus far.

Also, my vote's for going with Jayden, both IC and OOC. See post on next page.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 4, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Moving to an archetype would cost me too many of my spells and toughness advances, so I'd be butts at what I wanna do.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If I buy Greater Minion, can I trade in my role-boosted lesser minion for (rank 1 talent equivalent) 250 xp?

Also, can I make that greater minion a spooky psychic ghost? Boli would like a ghost friend.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

goatface posted:

If I buy Greater Minion, can I trade in my role-boosted lesser minion for (rank 1 talent equivalent) 250 xp?

Also, can I make that greater minion a spooky psychic ghost? Boli would like a ghost friend.

That's what I've been doing with Lucretia. Lesser Minion came with my Archetype, and I've spent 500 Total to have a Greater Minion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously considering how to build a beast of nurgle who would be called Rover.