Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Good start so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Has anyone heard whether Guptil is due a big one?

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

RideTheSpiral posted:

Vettori said he's got the runs.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Mister Chief posted:

Vettori said he's got the runs.

Sounds promising.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

RideTheSpiral posted:

I am going to need a description on how he is going in the nets to let you know

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

EMC posted:

Smashing 'em.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Loving Elliott sticking it up the haters. They wanted Jimmy loving Neesham ahead of this guy :ughh:

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

EMC posted:

He is in a good head space and contributes a lot to the team even without the runs.

Varkk fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Jan 31, 2015

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Smorgasbord posted:

Loving Elliott sticking it up the haters. They wanted Jimmy loving Neesham ahead of this guy :ughh:

Yeah he's been absolute quality. I wanted Neesham or BJ as I thought they were slightly better and, especially Neesham, will be around for a while. Happy to be wrong ☺

Have to say that I would be leaning towards Mills and Vettori to join Southee and Boult as our starting attack Vs Sri Lanka

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Ewar Woowar posted:

Yeah he's been absolute quality. I wanted Neesham or BJ as I thought they were slightly better and, especially Neesham, will be around for a while. Happy to be wrong ☺

Have to say that I would be leaning towards Mills and Vettori to join Southee and Boult as our starting attack Vs Sri Lanka

I'd agree except i'd probably have Mccleneghan instead of Boult for that raw wicket taking power.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He really does look like he's got a condition. Does he have a condition?

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014
Hahaha

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Wow, that didn't take long.

AUS is going to lose this aren't they?

NelsonHaHa.jpg

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah, unless England get one of these two soon I reckon they'll still have it by about 20 runs. Broad's having a poo poo old time of it, and Woakes is playing.

Woakes.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

This would be an amazing avatar.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I like how they fixed the pitch now the Indians are out.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Might be an idea to play Smith at three in test cricket. His technique might have him in trouble against a ball swinging all over the place but he's better than Watson against all bowling.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I agree but the problem with having Smith at 3 is that Watson is useless once the field starts to get spread a bit, so he'd basically become even worse

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
klansman spotted at the kkkricket

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Cricketers are very scared of ghosts.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Bailey has been quite bad lately. With Watson and Clarke likely back soonish I wonder if Watson will take finch's spot and Clarke will take baileys.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Maxwell to the rescue...

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
England is grouse at cricket.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Bailey is the most found out cricketer since Quinton De Kock.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Bailey has turned into a walking wicket. He was exceptional in 2013, and I'm hoping he can recapture that, though he may not have much more chances.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

welp

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
200 partnership between maxwell and marsh to save this innings

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
I'm having a real hard time finding this on Tune In, every other match in the series has been streaming, anyone know if this one isn't for some reason??

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
I think the worst part about the Australian commentators is their complete lack of knowledge about any players that aren't Australian. It's pathetic.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

RideTheSpiral posted:

I think the worst part about the Australian commentators is their complete lack of knowledge about any players that aren't Australian. It's pathetic.
It is isn't it. Chappell is actually pretty good but the rest are disgraceful. Mark Nicholas has no excuse, he writes for cricinfo and broadcasts cricket around the world

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Shmoses posted:

It is isn't it. Chappell is actually pretty good but the rest are disgraceful. Mark Nicholas has no excuse, he writes for cricinfo and broadcasts cricket around the world

I think Brett Lee has only heard of people who have been on his IPL team.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Part of me is hoping that Channel Nine have a wider variety of commentators for the world cup. No reason they couldn't have a guest commentator for every single match Australia play but they probably won't bother

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

RideTheSpiral posted:

It's this, but it is because it is Channel 9 mandated. They aren't allowed to speak negatively about any Australian players, and also it seems that they are actively discouraged from talking about the opposition. If someone takes 7 wickets, or scores 100+ then they may say "well X has done well against the AWESOME AUSSIES" but apart from that it's 100% wall to wall Watto Big Show matey matey blokey bloke wanking.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol 121 runs after 30 overs THE gently caress

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Lloyd: "Anderson bowled a very good first spell"

Nicholas: "Yeah but wait until you see how good our boys Mitchy and Johnno and Hazo are gonna bowl!"

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
So close to handled ball

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

loving dying here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So australia are getting saved by the big show and a marsh