Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Man Whore posted:

Wow that project didn't last long at all.

That had Kirkbride involved, right? It'd make sense that the project would be as unstable as he is. :cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

"A world for us to love you in" :stare:

Very few massive mods gets past the hype stage. I wanted to add sadly to the end of that but sometimes I'm not sure. :nexus:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

FutonForensic posted:

That had Kirkbride involved, right? It'd make sense that the project would be as unstable as he is. :cheeky:

Apparently Kirkbride and Trainwiz only had advisory roles, with Kirkbride only providing a small amount of capital for them to work with. Here's a thread that sort of explains what happened

Also

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Where the gently caress are the argonians? :colbert:

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Lizard Wizard posted:

Where the gently caress are the argonians? :colbert:

Black Marsh.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I never really got into bows much in the ES games since unless you one-shotted an enemy with a sneak attack, the actual combat with a bow felt awkward and a bit under powered.

I've recently been playing Skyrim again with the DLC and I'm totally in love with the crossbow though. They have a much snappier feel to them and the armor piercing bonus is really helpful.

Not having to pre-draw the weapon is nice as well. So in cases where some fool decides to go hostile on you, you can slam a quarrel into their gut before they even have a chance to get their weapon out of their holster.
It's even better when paralyzing shot procs and they just drop to the ground like a stone.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Using arrows that one shot everything is the only way to play Skyrim. The ultra lovely melee combat and lackluster magic system make arrows that you can watch physically penetrate enemy heads and send them flying end over end through the air objectively the most awesome way to play the game.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

GreatGreen posted:

Using arrows that one shot everything is the only way to play Skyrim. The ultra lovely melee combat and lackluster magic system make arrows that you can watch physically penetrate enemy heads and send them flying end over end through the air objectively the most awesome way to play the game.

One-shot sneak attack dagger strikes are pretty great too.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Even better once people started making trick arrow mods.

Why yes, I think I'll launch a frenzy arrow into the crowd during the Solitude wedding.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Unarmed combat with 100% killmoves enabled is also a great way of playing Skyrim: german suplexes all day long. :black101:

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:
For what it's worth, the first version of OCO is practically an entirely different character revision mod and I prefer it over 2. Something about the eyes in 2 are really "bad TES mod" to me, and I'm fine with OCO 1 just adding some more shape to the weird Oblivion faces, even if it means the beast races look even more like people in fursuits.

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Oh dear lord those khajiit.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Does anyone have that concept art (I think) of Mephala as they're meant to be represented in the Morag Tong's seal in Morrowind? Ie rather large, headless, six arms, quite naked, impregnating themself and carrying knives. It was in the Morrowind thread but that's 180+ pages long and I don't have search functions.

I need it to show someone in the Auspol thread because it's the kind of thing they'd like.

e: hey someone found it for me already :v: I forgot about the nipples also holding knives.
:nws:Here it is, :nws: for uhhhhh Mephala with dick/vag/nips:nws:

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jan 31, 2015

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Does anyone have that concept art (I think) of Mephala as they're meant to be represented in the Morag Tong's seal in Morrowind? Ie rather large, headless, six arms, quite naked, impregnating themself and carrying knives. It was in the Morrowind thread but that's 180+ pages long and I don't have search functions.

I need it to show someone in the Auspol thread because it's the kind of thing they'd like.

e: hey someone found it for me already :v: I forgot about the nipples also holding knives.

You described exactly what it was, and yet somehow I still was not prepared. :stare:

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

If I recall correctly that particular piece wasn't concept art - it was something MK drew during one of his drunken IRC lorechats. I also seem to recall that he swore everyone in the IRC chat to secrecy regarding the picture, but of course it got out and spread around it sparked some fun drama.

I could be thinking of another picture but I think it was that one. Or something similarly :gonk:.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I can fap to that.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
That guy really needs to make another elder scrolls game.

That drawing is making GBS threads dick nipples level weird. Hell it might actually even be worse.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Looks like a butterball turkey.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

If I recall correctly, this is supposed to be Clavicus Vile.

And this is Boethiah, surrounded by the House of Troubles.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Yeah Kirkbride is certifiably a crazy person. That said, his contributions to Elder Scrolls are a lot of what makes the games good, and I'm drat glad Bethesda kept him on a leash because if he had more freedom the Elder Scrolls series would be awful.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

GreatGreen posted:

That guy really needs to make another elder scrolls game.

That drawing is making GBS threads dick nipples level weird. Hell it might actually even be worse.

A good TES game needs MK to be high as a kite and Uncle Ken to ground him somewhat.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Does anyone know of any decent stronghold mods for Hlaalu and, especially, Redoran characters? Obviously the Telvanni have a couple of great mods to choose from but my last character was a haughty Telvanni mage, so I'm looking to do something different this time.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I distinctly remember Grandmaster of Hlaalu adds some stuff on to Rethan Manor. Other than that I remember there was one mod that added on a new interior for Indarys Manor, tacked on somewhere, Indarys Greathouse.

But no, by and large Indarys and Rethan have been left aside because House Telvanni is by far the most popular of the three Great Houses.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sky Shadowing posted:

But no, by and large Indarys and Rethan have been left aside because House Telvanni is by far the most popular of the three Great Houses.

As it drat well should be

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

I fail to see the problem here :colbert:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I want a valenwood game with moving cities and quests that trigger wild hunts that you have to outrun through crazy forests and also there's a vertical component where you can run along giant tree branches and if you pick a flower all the NPCs go hostile. That would be stellar

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

I want a valenwood black marsh game with moving cities talking trees and quests that trigger wild hunts that you have to outrun through crazy forests and also there's a vertical component where you can run along giant tree branches and if you pick a flower aren't Argonian all the NPCs go hostile. That would be stellar

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
I want a super trippy Elswyr game.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

All bets for me are High Rock cause it seems pretty generic fantasy and a good excuse to not have to do crazy poo poo.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Possibly Chicken posted:

All bets for me are High Rock cause it seems pretty generic fantasy and a good excuse to not have to do crazy poo poo.

Im kind of hoping for a middle-easternish Hammerfell.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Cantorsdust posted:

want a black marsh game with weird villages populated by different types of lizards and crazy slave plantations owned by other lizards and quests that trigger swamp flows that you have to outrun through crazy swamps where sometimes there's a rat zerg and swamp monsters and also there's a lore approved fast travel system where you're slowly digested by tree roots. Also some times you get too close to the hist trees and trip the gently caress out. That would be stellar

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Elsweyer, Argonia, or Highrock would be good for me.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

They already did a game in Highrock though.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Man Whore posted:

Elsweyer, Argonia, or Highrock would be good for me.

Or Masser. I could go for one on Masser. :colbert:

I've got a couple questions that may not have answers:

1: Why did Kirkbride leave Bethesda if he cares so much about what happens with the series?

2. Why does Bethesda never include the more distinctive weird stuff in the games? You'd think when people have ported Morrowind into two seperate engines, they'd get the idea that "hey, people like this stuff!"

I guess, really, it boils down to what a friend of mine said in a RL conversation about this: Bethesda does have some good writers, it's just that their best writing never makes it into the games.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

They already did a game in Highrock though.

None of the three Elder Scrolls games took place in Highrock. :colbert:

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Agents are GO! posted:

1: Why did Kirkbride leave Bethesda if he cares so much about what happens with the series?

Pretty sure he was fired because he constantly smelled like booze.

Anyways my money for TES VI is still on Akavir because a game trailer highlighting "AkaVIr look at our pun" seems like the type of thing Todd Howard would love.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Can't they just, I dunno, take the landmass that's already modeled for TES:O and use it for TES VI? I want payoff for the Thalmor stuff.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I just want them to go back to a Morrowind level of equipables. Playing Dragon's Dogma I spent most of my time just doing fantasy barbie dress-up.

Praseodymi fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Feb 1, 2015

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Pikestaff posted:

Pretty sure he was fired because he constantly smelled like booze.

Anyways my money for TES VI is still on Akavir because a game trailer highlighting "AkaVIr look at our pun" seems like the type of thing Todd Howard would love.

I'm pretty sure that was the reason too. Though alcohol and recreational drug abuse shouldn't count against him as that's how he created his best works. :colbert:

I'm betting on AkaVIr too because it could be so awesome and they will do absolutely everything to strip it of all its redeeming qualities. It's going to be generic feudal Japan. I hope to see some Kung Fu Pandas shoehorned him somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I'm betting on Summerset Isles and Valenwood for TES VI. Someone's got to put the Dominion back in it's place.