Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Has more about it than their recent designs but most car designs these days are garbage and lacking in colour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
theres no fuckin reason for it to be silver

mercedes isnt paying them to be silver

it doesnt look GREAT in silver

they could pick any other fuckin color

even boring rear end white would look better

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Dubs posted:

Worst poem ever

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dubs posted:

oh god please don't be one of those dumb motherfuckers who can't grasp that maybe mclaren painted their god drat car silver because they wanted it to be silver and not because mercedes was forcing them

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Yeah but it's ugly wicka

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Yeah but it's ugly wicka

that's fine but you can call it ugly without being a moron

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Why do nerds have such a boner over the red/white Marlboro McLaren but such contempt for the silver/black West McLaren?

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Yeah but it's ugly wicka

Its not ugly, its not a great paint scheme though, all of them are meh except Redbulls test scheme which is good and Sauber's 'we are so broke we cant hire a designer' is arguably the worst livery to grace modern F1.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
We know there were strong rumblings of this being a testing livery, and imagine if they kept the whole thing and just dropped the silver for white, and the mclaren logos for real sponsors (that i guess didnt pay for testing). It makes a lot more sense as a white/orange/black livery.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

MattD1zzl3 posted:

We know there were strong rumblings of this being a testing livery

hang on a second i'm actually an rear end in a top hat

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

be nice wicka posted:

hang on a second i'm actually an rear end in a top hat

mclaren just wrote and deleted a tweet that quoted ron dennis saying "our 2015 livery will change, but i'm not going to say when"

nevermind i think they just deleted it to re-add their poo poo hashtag: https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/561905880070127617

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
What does #SizeZeroF1Car mean, please explain to me Wicka or somebody thank you.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

POCKET CHOMP posted:

What does #SizeZeroF1Car mean, please explain to me Wicka or somebody thank you.

The only thing I can think of is womens dress sizes??

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Based on a look at McLaren's twitter it's because the car has a fairly small profile?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
#fuckhashtags

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Yeah,

quote:

"Dennis has been waxing rhapsodic about the quality of design and workmanship on the new MP4-30. 'The rear bodywork of our car has been brilliantly shrink-wrapped around a fantastically advanced and incredibly compact Honda power unit,' he said. 'We've even invented a new phrase to describe its design philosophy - the size-zero F1 car.'

(Boullier)

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

I just had a quick look at the Reddit thread. Jesus wept, never again. I have never seen such an idiotic bunch of F1 people, and I used to moderate a board with some actual retards.

It's all weird fanboys that write as if they started watching last year.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Rumour here that Force India are in the poo poo: https://translate.googleusercontent...8_bZyhiaB_6WfUg

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/adamcooperF1/status/561907041854578689

quote:

Ron said the concept of title sponsor is outdated. Cost would usually be 40-50% of budget, and spend now so high no one can afford that.

this makes some sense, none of the current title sponsors (and there are only 2.5) are shelling out anywhere near what vodafone was paying

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Dubs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ9AE5QRb_8

fuuuuucccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk yes.

I just came, and I think I may cum again!

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Sulman posted:

Rumour here that Force India are in the poo poo: https://translate.googleusercontent...8_bZyhiaB_6WfUg

Bye Bye Force India then if there is an ounce of truth in it. Has been murmurings before that there suppliers have had payment issues, but not paying your key suppliers is a sign that FI are needing rescuing.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Jordan DNA :cryingpotato:

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Is it bad that I really want the placeholder RB livery to stick? It's actually unique, which is something not seen in F1 livery for a while, which is why they'll get rid of it.

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

That's not Claire Williams

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

The sound of a barely-functionning power unit makes you cum?? It sounds exactly like the Renaults did last year just before blowing up.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Spaced God posted:

Is it bad that I really want the placeholder RB livery to stick? It's actually unique, which is something not seen in F1 livery for a while, which is why they'll get rid of it.

It's a brilliant troll, and I like it. The FIA will say non though.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

POCKET CHOMP posted:

The car doesn't eat bread, and only drinks skinny decaf lattes.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
lol the Mclaren is going to be even worse this year. What a terrible car.

Begall
Jul 28, 2008
That Honda engine makes some fully sick noises though

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Begall posted:

That Honda engine makes some fully sick noises though

Yeah, like a sick horse you should put down.

ukle
Nov 28, 2005
I see someone at the BBC is having difficulty with the changes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/formula1/31059101

quote:

Day one results
Posted at 16:05

1) Sebastian Vettel (Ferrari) 1:22.620 60 laps
2) Marcus Ericsson (Sauber) 1:22.777 73 laps
3) Nico Rosberg (Mercedes) 1:23.106 157 laps
4) Daniel Ricciardo (Red Bull) 1:23.338 35 laps
5) Valtteri Bottas (Williams) 1:23.906 73 laps
6) Carlos Sainz Jr (Toro Rosso) 1:25.327 46 laps
7) Fernando Alonso (Ferrari) 1:40.738 6 laps

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The silver McLarens are pissing me off even more than when Toyota decided to continue using Peugeot's blue and white livery in WEC for some loving reason.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

serious gaylord posted:

lol the Mclaren is going to be even worse this year. What a terrible car.

Meanwhile "Super" Seb is on top. Dare I say that this may be a trend this year?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If we follow last year's trends. Mercedes being near the top means every race will have a 2 minute gap between the Mercs and every other car.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Sulman posted:

I just had a quick look at the Reddit thread. Jesus wept, never again. I have never seen such an idiotic bunch of F1 people, and I used to moderate a board with some actual retards.

It's all weird fanboys that write as if they started watching last year.
Every single subforum on reddit is like this. Every one.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

"Dennis has been waxing rhapsodic about the quality of design and workmanship on the new MP4-30. 'The rear bodywork of our car has been brilliantly shrink-wrapped around a fantastically advanced and incredibly compact Honda power unit,' he said. 'We've even invented a new phrase to describe its design philosophy - the size-zero F1 car.'
There is not a :jerkbag: big enough for this. Holy poo poo.

Is this a German eating a German sausage in a German car? This is glorious and I celebrate the next 5 years of unchallenged domination of Rosberg and Mercedes in F1.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
If Vettel wins in a Ferrari I'll become a Ferrari fan

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

be nice wicka posted:

oh god please don't be one of those dumb motherfuckers who can't grasp that maybe mclaren painted their god drat car silver because they wanted it to be silver and not because mercedes was forcing them

Who gives a poo poo about what their intentions were, everyone who saw that car figured it was a Mercedes-Benz livery lol

The Sweet Hereafter
Jan 11, 2010

simplefish posted:

They were the only ones taking it to Red Bull in... I want to say 2011

They were Red Bull's closest rivals, but only had Button actually capable of challenging all year. They threw away having the best car in 2007, nearly did it in 2008 too, and we'll never really know how good the 2012 one was because although it raced at the front that year was such an astonishing clusterfuck of pit errors and setup problems that god knows what it could have done. They had a post Senna slump, a post Hakkinen slump (wasn't the 2005 car another top car that underachieved? Though I recall that was maybe engine reliability) and now they're in a post-Hamilton slump. They even have a history of producing absolute dogs when they're on form, for most hilarious McLaren ever that 2009 car just beats out the MP4-18 that became the 19 and was still poo poo.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Is this a German eating a German sausage in a German car? This is glorious and I celebrate the next 5 years of unchallenged domination of Rosberg and Mercedes in F1.

No, it's a half Finnish tax exile.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Every single subforum on reddit is like this. Every one.

the f1 one is notably bad though because it's relatively small and the smaller subs are where the users are more into reddit as an "ideal" i.e. just yesterday someone asked why toro rosso was still called scuderia toro rosso despite no longer using ferrari engines and he was not trolled to death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Return of the VET.

• Locked thread