Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Pablo - The Idiot Path beyond the Fountain

Over hill and over dale did Pablo walk. His path twisted and turned until he came upon a meadow. The day was hot and long and soon he grew slightly thirsty and slightly tired. Conveniently there was a small outcropping of rock with spring water feeding the meadow waters, the grass was greener here. A small bunny rabbit nibbled the grass nervously nearby. Its ears twitching in his direction. The path branched around the meadow one going left and the other right, a pair of large footprints was on the left most path. The "sun" above was sitting at around noon, if this place could be believed like any other places inside the tower, and most likely there was a ceiling above it but it was too high to reach. A small colony of wasps seemed to be making its home in the mud around the water's edge near a fallen log. Pablo could rest here or continue down one of the paths. It was a long walk after all.

Sorry about the chopped update. Pablo has a few options here. If he wants to try to exercise any actions or abilities he can.

Gwendolyn - The Garden

The figure doesn't move or speak to her. As if she and the garden beyond the gate didn't exist. He might not hear her or maybe some spell might not transmit sound beyond the gate. There was no way for her to tell just by talking to it. The universe beyond changes shape, as if formed from chaos but not forming.

Mysteryyyyyyyy?

Lucien - The Witch's Cottage, A field of swords

The Witch brought Lucien into the cottage and bade him sit at the wooden table. She offered him a drink, poured it for him and drank one herself. The wooden cup sat in front of him, the liquid inside smelled strongly like a brandy he once drank with Cassian Noblemen once. Only this was at least twice as potent. The Witch slugged down another, eyed him warily then spoke. "What would you ask in payment for a service?" She clearly isn't stating what the service is, the implied unsaid service having to do with what Lucien might want to be paid. It could be a backwards custom or a clever trick to make him ask. In any case, she didn't stop drinking and she stopped talking. Watching him with unblinking, terrifying eyes.

Perhaps she wants a date?

Davos, Dan, Dave, Jacob, Xozo - The lower Path, The Ancient Underground City/Ruins

The roads were lit and there were signs of the ancient lost battle for the city everywhere. Some areas still showed damage from long ago. Iron wheels lay where once carts or coaches may have been, the bones of large animals laying next to people everywhere. None of the skeletons were intact and most were in piles. As if digested then disgorged on the spot. Piles of rust were everywhere, maybe evidence of the 'boomers' the spirit spoke of in the past. Xozo didn't see it until he bumped into it. But the wall of chitin laying like a carpet in the road stirred. Their legs were interlinked and it seemed that the insect like creatures were...inactive. They were everywhere. Alive and waiting. Just inactive. They had smooth heads and seven antennae along their carapaces. Still as statues. Dan and Dave fell down in a heap, almost running on top of the group of monstrosities from beyond the walls. Jacob and Davos had ample time to stop, and could see that the creatures were spaces out around the very wide road. Each leg on each creature seemingly was laid out like a tripwire all of them touching. A faint smell was in the air. Musky and sweet...

Almost. Almost. What do each of you do?

Deishu and The Sentinel

Deishu could smell something. Almost like the smell animals had before mating, but waaay off. It was getting stronger and stronger, and then they turned the corner watching those below. Both of the rooftop walkers could see the street to the end of the block. There had to be at least 40 or 50 of the things all touching limbs together like some kind of odd bonding ritual or web of "bug". The Sentinel could feel danger up here. Feel it in his bones. There was something stalking him and Deishu. It was fast and every time he tried to catch a glimpse of their pursuer he caught only a shadow in his vision that quickly faded from view. This was going slightly pear shaped, however this was the safest path. If anything they were getting very close to the spire. A mere mile away. They could just make out the lights in the distance from its glassy windows.

You have a bird's eye view, however something has a view on YOU.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Jan 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Gwendolyn - The Garden
Gwendolyn slips the lizard skin onto herself as appropriate as possible so she won't lose hold of it (How big is it? Armband/Shirt size?). Naturally, it looks pretty silly, and probably a bit creepy too. If this was anything like the portal back in the empty room, she might get pulled through. Still, Gwendolyn decided to reach through the gate and tap the creature on its shoulder...? Whatever body part was closest to looking like a shoulder!

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
Kan Deishu - Some ruined town

Deishu turned silently to look at the Sentinel meaningfully, hoping he had sensed their pursuer but not knowing how good the other's senses were. He seemed skilled enough so far at least, which was promising.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
The Sentinel - Ruined City Rooftops

He shoots a quick look back at Deishu, looking over his shoulder as he does so. The knives are at the ready, and he's moving with a more quiet step, one that's ready to spring into action.

His bandoliers should have something to slow any pursuers, but now might be a bad time to make that call.

"Caltrops on the roof to slow any pursuers, then a fireburst in the street to clear a path for the rest of them?" he whispers. "May be our big chance if we sprint for it."

The pouch of caltrops easily comes off of his belt and rests heavy in his other hand. Whatever Deishu's choice was, the Sentinel was ready to act.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE BIG SAGGY POKEMON TITS
Jacob - First Line of Defense, The Spire - Hive City, S.E.

Jacob looks for a pile of bones he can hide in, and walks over to the monster Xozo ran into. He takes out his knife, and clacks it a few times against the hard shell.

Is this motherfucker gonna wake up if I climb him?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Jacob tests to see if the bug is dormant enough to climb

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Davos - The Ancient Underground City/Ruins

"Grab him!" Davos orders his thralls, he had no idea what Jacob was thinking, but he wasn't about to allow the traitor to get him killed.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

"We need to warn them." Deishu whispered to the Sentinel. "Help them get up here, if they wake those up it'll be worse for them than whatever is-" He continued until he noticed Jacob going to tap them. Deishu tensed, ready to spring into action if needed.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Pablo - Idiot Road

Now it was a long time since he had seen a Gorgon, but he couldn't for the life of him recall if they had legs, or a snake tail.

Just getting silver basic facts straight

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Jacob - First Line of Defense, The Spire - Hive City, S.E.

Almost at the line, he hears a panicked cry and rushing steps.

He whirls around. It was just Davos and his slaves. He points his knife, straight-armed, at his face.

"You think you're scared Now, Davos? Imagine when you don't have Any slaves left. By all means, send one over though. If this goes bad, I'll have need of him."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
The Guardian of the Gate - The Garden

The skin easily fits like a scarf around her neck. It is large enough for it. As Gwendolyn reached through the gate the guardian seized her wrist and threw her to the "ground" outside with bone shattering force. It was as if she didn't truly exist until she passed through that gate. Though she felt it was aware of her earlier.

"NONE MAY ENTER THE GARDEN!" The force of the words could be felt with the terrible weight of the world behind them. Fiery wings suddenly burst forth from the guardian's back as it draws its weapon, a flaming sword that burned with a heat hotter than any real fire. The guardian was now positioned between her and the gate. It had blue eyes and an uncompromising stare, its stillness and infinite implacable patience gazed at her as if it found her wanting.

You have its attention.

Pablo - Idiot Road

Pablo could remember that Medusa type gorgons usually had serpentine bodies and that this one as described was no different. Other gorgons, including the grandsire would probably have different appendages. But he could firmly remember and from all signs know that the one he was seeking had the lower torso of a snake.

Confirmed

Jacob - The path to the Spire, The Ancient Underground City

As Jacob firmly disturbs the monsters in wait, Dan and Dave leap into action. At Jacob's brandishing of his weapon, Dan and Dave draw their own and fan out around him. Their orders were clear. At Jacob's threat Dave sneered. "We're gonna take you down man. One way or the other." Before things could progress Dan stammers. "Oh poo poo. Man. Game over. Game over man." He whined out the last bit. Because indeed it was too little. Too late...
It was not dormant enough to climb.

Scream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btz8aFFWm4c
Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCe7y0dkM4w

They begin to start disentangling themselves, gathering their limbs and begin to rise, each creature as it it blindly notices the group on the ground begins screaming one by one. Answering screams begin and exponentially increase from there throughout the cavern. Its not quite a sophisticated alarm, but nature has its way.

Deishu and The Sentinel- The Buildings Above the Path to the Spire, The Ancient Underground City

Deishu suddenly feels the tone stop. Then noise. A burst of discordant rage and aggression on all possible levels. Where there is movement sometimes there are eyes glowing in the darkness. Different types and differing ways of sensing the world among them. The Sentinel gasps as he sees the multitudes on the ceiling suddenly moving and throughout the city. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfD35HT9irU Small and large, its as if someone kicked over an ant's nest. The movements and search are so far unfocused, except locally. It will only be a matter of time before the whole cavern is aware of your presence. Suddenly a slender humanoid figure clad in gray shoots by you both surprising you, a feat that wouldn't normally be possible if not for the current circumstances.

Everyone - The Path to the Spire, The Ancient Underground City

The figure lands in the street and begins dodging through the waking forms making her way to the spire. She brings her fingers to her lips and whistles a sharp tune. In the distance a small door on the side of the spire begins to (slowly) open of its own accord. She's not wasting any time on any of you.

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jan 31, 2015

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Edit: Recalculating

A_Bug_That_Thinks fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jan 31, 2015

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
The Sentinel - Ruined City

"Oh, hell. The spire! Get to the bloody spire!" he shouts, breaking into a full dash.

Leaping across rooftops, he reaches into his bandolier and flings a handful of vials filled with orange fluid into the masses of bugs in the street.

Alchemist's fire was useful - it burned like the Hells and stuck like glue. He stuck the landing, breaking further into a sprint and making a beeline for the door.

As he does, he'll glance behind him, making sure the others are moving forward as well.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Pablo - Idiot Road

In that case, I shall take the right path, if I hang around I might end up missing them. And I don't know if I want to go and see what made those other tracks.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

"RUN!" Davos orders as he begins to dash after the mysterious figure towards the spire. He briefly considered sacrificing one of his thralls to delay the Yig cultist, but decided against it. As he rushes forward he opens his third-eye attempting to force the nearby bugs to spread incorrect information about where the group was.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Jacob - Battle Ground - Hive City, S.E.

"Time to go."

He does an about-face. He sprints after the figure, trying his best to follow its path, assuming it to be the safest. As he goes, he frees up some of his own blood.

Slice!

He flings his blood wide at an antenna as he jumps over a limb.

Slice!!

He lands into a crouch, swinging his arm in most of a circle, and dodging left. He pushes his blood with all he can.

Slice!!!

He never saw any eyes. All he saw, was antenna. He figures that's how they see, and if they have sticky blood clogging their possibly delicate ridges, they won't.

He sees the Sentinel descend into view in ahead of him.
---------------------------------------------------------
Jacob tries to follow the mysterious figure. He bends his blood into antenna around him, trying to 'blind' them

As an aside, I'd like to apologize to the group for rashness

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Gwendolyn - The Garden
Luckily, Gwendolyn had no bones, but she still wasn't quite sure if her body could sustain many more blows like that one. Definitely not one of her brighter ideas. Something something stars. She quickly rolled off her back and sat cross-legged in front of the sentinel, cocking her head. "Does that mean you haven't been? That's a pity; it's a rather idyllic place, a place worth a visit or two, if you like that kind of scenery."

Gwendolyn looked at the area around, now that she wasn't inside 'the Garden.' "Though, I must admit, I like this place better than the Garden. Thanks for letting me out. Er... There's nothing that says none may leave the garden, right? I can stay here?"

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

Deishu looked at the oncoming horde and knew that he could not protect the others. Alone he might be able to, if he could access more of his powers...but not in this case. They'd have to find their own way to the tower. He followed swiftly behind the figure that had entered the tower.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Xozo - The Ancient Buried City/Ruins?

His hackles rose as he continued his pace. His extrapolations were taking him no closer to progress in his head, while trying to gain insight from the others had not went well. Still they could agree on one task at a time. Maybe the test was about teamwork and cooperation, picking out apprentices that Pater knew would clash in one way or another. The three loud humans, Dave, Dan, and that other one would have been key hints about that objective. Xozo’s mind wandered again and groaned at another dead end in his head; teamwork would have been the lesson, not the goal itself. He did not even realize the reality around him till he felt his Puzzle Sphere knocked out of his hands.

The Cryptomancer cursed as he searched the passage for his Sphere. Thankfully he was not taken too far in the labyrinth; he still kept sight of the party - or at least those who took the ground. Then he heard the scrattling of insect feet, and Xozo immediately fled. It was gratifying to him that there was help here. Perhaps this person could hold some interesting insight to this land. As he kept up, he kept focus on tapping the Puzzle Sphere on this figure - who she is, what its origins were, or her strengths and foible. He felt pressured to do it, but there was little time to waste.

“The speed of this!” He rasped as he kept his chase.

Oh, Puzzle Sphere… Oh Puzzle Sphere… I wish to know our rescuer…

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Gwendolyn - The Gateway

The Guardian restated his earlier message. The answer plain. "None may enter. No I have not been inside, but I know it and it's contents all too well." His warrior stance didn't lessen in the slightest. Perhaps your proximity to the gate...

The Group at - The entryway to the spire, The Ancient Underground City

The female beckoned from just inside the entryway. She hissed, "There's not enough room in the lift for all of you. Someone has to remain outside." Her weapon looked dangerous. Hell, she looked extremely dangerous. It didn't look like she would be volunteering.

Choices, choices. At least one of you must remain outside

I am Communist fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Feb 1, 2015

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Pablo - Idiot Road

Pablo follows the leftmost path. Soon he comes upon the gorgon. She was asleep. Nude, and looking very lethal. A curved dagger lay nearby her bow. It looked like a mighty weapon, the arrows had to weigh 8 pounds themselves. A monster's weapon...

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Jacob - Entryway, The Spire - Hive City, S.E.

He was doubled-over. He didn't feel great, and he was bleeding.

"I...I volunteer to sit on someone's shoulders...."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

Jacob - Entryway, The Spire - Hive City, S.E.

He was doubled-over. He didn't feel great, and he was bleeding.

"I...I volunteer to sit on someone's shoulders...."

Now thats an idea! Now if anyone would want to do it~.

Also, it shouldn't take gallons of blood to accomplish some blinding. A thin coat would have done the trick. Unless you like role playing being drained all the time. When it comes time for points you'll get a better idea :)

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

Pablo - Idiot Road

Well there's the one of them. Let's just very carefully sneak around that and keep following this road to where ever it leads.

I could just very quietly put her down here... But I am anything if not a gentleman of honour, and something feels wrong about heroically killing your opponent in their sleep

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!

As he moved to sit down, Lucien was stumped.

First threats on his life, statements on cutting his legs and chopping his arms. Then a drink of what spelt like a fantastic brew of brandy fit for royalty, and now a question. He paused for a moment, reflecting on the events that had brought him and this mouth watering aroma of brandy together. Facing the facts himself, this Witch of Skin and her seductive beverage of ecstasy were looking for something. The question was, that something might have been the same thing that he seeked. Or she could be asking for a backrub. Or to share this delightable liquid of bliss placed in front of him and WHY THE HELL WAS HE NOT DRINKING THE drat THING DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DR -

He slamed his hands into his thighs, taking a moment to breath the aroma of the cup before him. It was good. Better than the drink he shared with Ratella after his coming of age stag night with the lads up by Creaker street. Better than the bootleg SurfShine teacher Maddy made to pay the bills. It was intoxicating. He found his hands slowly moving to grasp the cup as he spoke.

"Payment? Ah! Payment. Ahem."

He wanted to watch himself carefully. He seeked something too. What that something was he had yet to decipher, but he had yet to decipher. But if there was anything he could do, it was to lay the cards at the table.

"I seek payment in the form of.. uh... Knowledge. For which I can give the service of Understanding. I seek.. uh.. payment in the form of hospitality, which I can give in the service of guidance. And... uh... I seek payment in the form of power, I think... which I can give the service of counsel."

He grasped the cup fully, slowly lifting it to his lips. God was he thirsty, and if he was about to die, he would rather do it after a drink.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Gwendolyn - The Gateway
"That's just as well. I had no intention of heading back in." Gwendolyn stood and took a step back, holding her hands up in supplication. "We got off to a rather bad start, so why don't we start fresh? My name's Gwendolyn, and I'm rather glad you're not throwing me around like a rag doll. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance...?"

Sizing up the sentinel. What does it look like exactly, up close, other than flaming sword, wings and weird material?

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
The Sentinel - Ruined City Spire

"Hell with it. I'll carry him," he says, hoisting the weakened blood mage onto his shoulders. "Hold still, lad, it'll keep you from bleeding out too quickly. And..." he pauses.

"Drink this," he says, handing up a bubbly red vial. "Healing elixir. I keep a few on hand for when my work gets a bit...difficult."

In his mind, he dimly makes himself aware of any and all possible options in case the thaumaturge tries to knife him in the back.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Davos looks at the Sentinel, as he and his two thralls take their places on the lift. If he wanted to carry the Yiggite that was fine, though Davos added, "It might be wise to ask him to hand over his knife."

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Jacob - Tiny Lift, The Spire - Hive City, S.E.

The Sentinel felt strong underneath him.

"Thank you. Whatever else, we're comrades-in-arms. That's sacred. We spill blood together, as our blood is spilled together."

He sips the elixir, contemplating the situation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks I am Communist. I'll try and keep the cost/effect ratio more in mind. Also, it was the idea of sharing action and health points that really convinced me to roll a blood mage, so I'm giddy for points to be handed out

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

It had been quite a shock for Deishu to realise he didn't want to die. He knew that if he did die, the Great Dragon would be reborn anew and this had happened in the past. But he, himself, would still die. This scared him. He'd been quiet during the exchange because he had never truly been this close to death before. It had unnerved him and he was unusually quiet and withdrawn as a result.

A_Bug_That_Thinks
Mar 16, 2011

Jacob - Tiny Lift, The Spire - Hive City, S.E.

Jacob sat on the Sentinel's shoulders, sipping the elixir. His insides were still screaming for the door to close, but it looked like it would make it in time. He was already starting to feel better.

I guess it was mostly all that rolling around... and the fear of death....

He decides to only sip half the elixir, and save the rest for later. Who knew, right?

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Xozo - The Ancient Buried City - Before the Spire

The Cryptomancer’s frown had not left his face as their would-be savior had warned them of a hitch in the plan. He could not help but wonder why she would try to save people if she could not save them all, or rather why she would settle for that conclusion when she could have done better. Her motives seemed clouded but for now there was little choice but to believe her.

There was little doubt that he could not survive these enemies out here; Xozo balked at the idea of physical labour, let alone combat. It would have been better if the party stayed together instead of having to let one of them go. Perhaps this whole excursion was a test of teamwork after all, but as a less tangible goal instead of physical one.

He looked at the rest of the party and put together what information he could on them, trying to posit who has the better chances. The nonhuman looked the most physically adept, and in theory should have the best chances of them all; the human Caleb would come in second; Xozo would have the third best; while Jacob, Dave, Dan, and the shady human would have the lowest - even if they all worked together…

The Adojurugani sighed as he mulled over the scenario, reflexively twisting the Puzzle Sphere in his hands, not even looking for answers or a new power, but just to calm himself. There were other uses with Cryptomancy besides the enhancements bestowed on a well-kept secret, but this was far from the test he was hoping for.

“Pardon, but does this bother you as well?” He asked Deishu and the rest, though keeping his voice quiet as to not let their savior overhear him. She might pick him out as their scapegoat...

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Feb 4, 2015

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Pablo - Idiot Road

Theme music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjqa7aeU1Jc

Pablo continues down the road, many statues of many creatures both known and unknown litter the countryside. It wasn't until he hit the chessboard that he stopped to gape. A red orb sat in the sky among gray clouds, the board was a checker pattern of black and white. The pieces were all made of stone, the rooks were golems or statues of golems, the knights were mighty looking and terrible. They were placed seemingly at random, but Pablo got the feeling that they weren't just lifeless pieces of stone. Nearby laying at the opposite side of the board was a massive figure. It was naked except for its loincloth, it could have been a human with gigantism except for its exceptional and proportional size and the big closed eye set into its forehead. It was breathing evenly. The hairs on its body were shaggy and grey, its hands knotted and calloused. It rumbled and mumbled in its sleep. "Come here dear...its for the good of the species..."

A sleeping cyclops. A mysterious chessboard. A red sun?

The queen's eyes suddenly glowed with green fire, her HATE suddenly visible. "That will cost you a finger. Doing that. Doing what you just did." Lightning quick a cleaver suddenly materialized in her hand. About to take your precious finger. He skin popped and sizzled and filled the cottage with the smell of burning swine and bacon. It sicked Lucien to smell it. "I'll ask it again. I will be specific and literal once again. Could it have been the drink? The rules here must be different he thought to himself. What did she ask before? What would he offer for a service? Not what service he would offer in exchange for what payment. Surely that must be the clue, unless he wanted to lose body parts. The witch of skin hissed again. "What would you ask in payment for a service? I'm not asking it what services it wants to provide, only an idiot can miss it. Words have power here. POWERRRRRRRRR." She grew to fill the rest of the fillable space in the cottage. Her shoulders stuck beams on the ceiling as her body hovered over Lucien. Teeth like knives filled an Ogrish mouth, skin like a burnt oak tree, kind of leathery split around muscle. Her sagging flat breasts heaved as she breathed fetid breath onto Lucien.

His eyes were filled with the sight. He could answer her question. Or...run out of the open door between her legs. Her large body almost couldn't move it was so big. Did he get her angry enough for a mistake?

Options, options, always options. Its should become apparent the witch is either insane or under some kind of magical rules or agreement in what her actions and what her interactions are or can be. Perhaps this is how she became so powerful.

Gwendolyn - The Gateway

The guardian said nothing. It didn't give its name. Perhaps it didn't have one. It looks like a rough figure of a human, however it has many tiny eyes all over its body. Its skin wasn't clay as such it almost as if it were energy made into matter. Extremely dense matter. The sentinel is roughly twice Gwendolyn's height. The guardian gestured towards the universe behind her. "Go, this place is not for you. What comes out cannot go back in." Suddenly behind Gwendolyn a sibilant voice spoke. "Do not lissssen to him. You can get back into the garden. All you mussst do is defeat him. I sssense you want treasure or sssomething like it. I promissse thee. It was back there, you missed it."[no more sss just roleplay it].

The guardian hefted his sword and pointed it at Gwendolyn or perhaps the speaker behind her. "None may enter the garden."

The figure rolled his eyes behind Gwen. "You're such an unimaginitive creature. Tell me. What's it like, seeing everything beyond this post. Hearing and viewing it, but never able to enjoy it?" Laughter echoed a little ways into the cosmos beyond.

Visitor to your moment.

Team Jacob - The Tiny Lift, The Spire, he Ancient Underground City/Ruins

Theme Music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbSDxA9q21I
As Jacob sits like a king on the sentinel's shoulders and begins healing by drinking the liquid elixir Xozo asks his question as the door slowly grinds closed. The female turned black eyes towards him. "Does what bother you?" she snapped. Her longer ears must be good at hearing things. Her eyes narrowed and looked dangerous. Even with all of you crammed into the lift. She looked at each of you in turn as if weighing something. The lift sounded labored and the sound of a low pitched whine filled the car. It was slowing down but still ascending. She looked at each of you accusingly. The sound of screeching and scratching is heard far below. Must be hundreds of them down there...

Ok so no idea what action you're trying to take/not take AnAnonymousIdiot so I'll assume your twisting the orb is for flavor as you had nothing in the OOC text. She has asked you a question, since obviously she's not a mind reader or mind mage but can hear quite well. Especially when your're all so cozy. Jacob is mostly healed. He can save the rest for later. Essentially you're all in a small lift with the mysterious person. She didn't help you nor hinder any of you. Though she did hear Xozo quite clearly.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!

"We are strangers here, under a test whose objective remains unclear to us. I think my companion asks if I am bothered by this one;" Deishu said, gesturing slightly at Jacob. "He has acted strangely and may be addled or mad." He said simply and truthfully to the strange woman. "I am Deishu. May I ask who you are and what this place is?" He asked politely, introducing himself first as was polite.

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE
Davos - The Tiny Lift, The Spire, The Ancient Underground City/Ruins

Davos stays silent, positioning Dan and Dave between him and the rest of the group. The last thing he wanted was to draw attention to himself or encourage a conflict on such a small enclosed space.

Not much for Davos to do until the lift reaches its destination.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Jasa - The Tiny Lift, The Spire, he Ancient Underground City/Ruins

The woman nods at Deishu and speaks carefully. "I am Jasa. And this is a ruin. Like many here in the ways. This tower is the only really functional structure not completely infested it would seem."

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
The Sentinel - Ruined City

"Addled, maybe. Mad, more slightly. But he's one of us, and we're all gonna get through this test alive. I'm Caleb, by the by. Good to meet you."

He pauses, thinking.

"If this is the only functional structure, Jasa, then what's its purpose?"

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

She wrinkles her nose at Caleb. "Do YOU know its purpose?" she says sarcastically. She shakes her head. "Who cares." She starts muttering angrily under her breath about rubes and newbie explorers making rookie mistakes. "I don't care why you're here. Only that you're ruining MY day. I was curious about you but since its clear you're all ruled by an idiot whether you know it or not." She points at Jacob. "I decided to leave you all to die." She snorts. "But I'm no Ashman or Deader going to help make it happen. You made it and you're here. But don't think I owe you anything." She eyes the rest of you fiercely, resting one hand on her weapon. "In fact. You owe me. Big. This place was to be the biggest score ever and you all ruined it. A virgin deadsite. Ancient and unplundered. Sleeping evils better left sleeping. The works." She said the last ending in a slight pout. "The lift stops 3/4 of the way up. It goes no further. I think its last instructions were to go from here to the bottom and back up again. Anyway, you all sound insane. Quest this and quest that. You those tower boys? All of them come out of there mad. And mostly stupid..."

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

Davos wasn't particularly pleased with her tone, but managed a cordial tone when he asked, "You wouldn't happen to know the way back to civilization would you? I'm sure you don't want to have tower-men hanging around too long."

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

"Define civilized. There's Centerstone, a hub of sorts with traders and the like. But its a long hike even without you kicking this hornet's nest. Any food we could get scavenged along the way is most likely eaten by now. The whole ecosystem down here is going to get wiped again. All the collected water slurped up by monsters. The works." She bitterly bit out. "There's a portal. Its more like a crack but its wide enough to fit a barrel through, its located in the grounds behind the palace. All you have to do is put a bit of string to it and it will open. But there's no getting to it now. The big soldiers are probably awake." She shuddered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valhawk
Dec 15, 2007

EXCEED CHARGE

"So there's no way back to the surface, that's unfortunate. Perhaps there is something in this Spire which might be helpful in escaping this mess."

• Locked thread