Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

MrLonghair posted:

Just tried it, found some mummified 1920's 30's gangster in SP. Wicked. Now to see if it indeed changes between sessions of online, I want to use it in a team deathmatch, though it seems to have only one way of access and egress in SP.

e: Got the same layout of it as in SP, at least one area closed off temporarily. The actual gate to the place respawns quickly - good for messing with pubbies.

Keep stealing cars

Yep, the best part is the gate. They don't realize you can blow it open. Arrive via Merryweather helicopter so there's no evidence of entry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Man, fuuuuuuu-uck Flight School. That might be the only thing I never bother going back to get the last few Gold on.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

Slim Killington posted:

Man, fuuuuuuu-uck Flight School. That might be the only thing I never bother going back to get the last few Gold on.

Do it! It'll make you a better pilot. A bunch of you suck at flying.

Furthermore,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I'm a drat good pilot! Especially in planes. I'm a little wonky in helos but am great at trick flying, but the target shooting thing can just gently caress right off. That and the flag collecting are the only ones I can't get gold on.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I passed flight school and I am an absolute dogshit pilot.

I once took a car full of pubbies to my buzzard, jumped in, took off and immediately banked towards the mission objective directly into a structure right next to the helipad.

Did not go over well on voice chat let me tell you.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

MAKE WAY NEW STARS posted:

I passed flight school and I am an absolute dogshit pilot.

Passed or got gold on all of them? You have to be at least decent for gold.

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

SisterFister posted:

Passed or got gold on all of them? You have to be at least decent for gold.

I golded all of them and I can't fly for poo poo. It was mostly a matter of a ton of trial and error for me.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

When will people stop insisting that every random prop or texture has some profound significance. Oh wow a dead body zombie dlc confirmed?!?! Be sure to like and subscribe so we can solve this mystery!!
I like how they think they can get Zombie DLC out when all of the HD extra content was extremely light and Heists for Online still don't exist.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Had a good time running missions with PS3 homies last night. I think I bagged close to 115k. Del Perro Pier survival MVP in the house. :madmax:

BTW, the PS4 version is presently 40 bucks at Target. I'll probably be picking it up later today. First order of business: purchasing a Dodo :getin:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Had a good time running missions with PS3 homies last night. I think I bagged close to 115k. Del Perro Pier survival MVP in the house. :madmax:

BTW, the PS4 version is presently 40 bucks at Target. I'll probably be picking it up later today. First order of business: purchasing a Dodo :getin:

much fun was had! it was a lot easier working through the waves with people who know what they're doing.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

Just tried it, found some mummified 1920's 30's gangster in SP.
Yeah, this is part of a silly quest they added to the remakes that nets you noir filters to set over the game. I didn't realize that place would still be accessible in MP! Someone take me there~

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I tried going there a few times in multiplayer and it definitely pissed a few people off when I had a bounty. I think the bigger problem is actually getting the bounty before going in, I'd steal a dozen cars before someone was mad enough to put one on me.

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Policenaut posted:

I tried going there a few times in multiplayer and it definitely pissed a few people off when I had a bounty. I think the bigger problem is actually getting the bounty before going in, I'd steal a dozen cars before someone was mad enough to put one on me.

I just kept putting them on people till I got one myself.

Itchy Tony Manero
Mar 29, 2010

Well that was fun while it lasted :v:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Okay real talk for a minute HOW LONG HAS THERE BEEN A HIGHLIGHTS BUTTON AND WHY DID NO ONE TELL ME

I didn't know I could have friggin' ombre hair are you kidding me right now

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

geeves posted:

In Settings -> Display

There is an option for Expanded Radar (it's not with the option to hide or change to blips only, but further down) and right under it is an option to hide name overlays.

Kelly posted:

This doesn't work for me - the radar expands but the names won't disappear. I'll be interested to see if BitBasher can get it to work.

Nope. I can change the radar to expanded but there is no option that removes the name tags that I can find.

Is anyone on PS4 and can take a screen shot of the option?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

BitBasher posted:

Nope. I can change the radar to expanded but there is no option that removes the name tags that I can find.

I even submitted a ticket to Rockstar about this that was completely ignored. I'd love to see a screen shot of someone who has it working.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Sometimes I get nametags and sometimes I don't and I've never gone looking for a setting because I've never really cared so maybe it's just buggy.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Kelly posted:

I even submitted a ticket to Rockstar about this that was completely ignored. I'd love to see a screen shot of someone who has it working.

That's pretty much where I am at.

For bonus points a fully loaded Dukes just vanished out of my garage. When I went downstairs there was an empty spot where the Dukes should be, so I walked out and called Mors Insurance who didn't answer. I called the mechanic and the car wasn't marked as destroyed so I told him to bring it, and he gave me a message that he couldn't deliver it right now. After he gave that message it dissappeared from the list entirely and in the garage organization screen it's listed as just Empty now as if it never existed. It's not possible that it wasn't insured because you can't pull them off the street. So WTF?

I had just driven it this morning and changed the paint and other cosmetics on it.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

BitBasher posted:

Here's the best I can do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNqCUBjvMHw

Wait, I can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadlPEvUmvM

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

Since PSN is down, here's my best special crate drop pickup (I miss special crates):

http://youtu.be/H1CpWKBrIJU

And drat Lester works fast:

http://youtu.be/R-95VnWo16I

SisterFister fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 2, 2015

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I don't understand the insurance glitch. It's "working" in the sense that I can take an uninsured car and do the garage/internet thing and insure it, but it doesn't bypass the 48 minute selling thing; I still don't get an option at LSC to sell them. I need money, game! :argh:

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Sorry if this has been posted before but.... if I make a new character on PS4 before I transfer my PS3 character will there be any issues when I go to transfer?

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

I appreciate the video, but that setting literally does nothing for me. The tags on the expanded minimap stay on regardless of what that is set to. It's quite annoying.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Last nights Top Gear gave one great idea for a place to map out a race.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

BitBasher posted:

I appreciate the video, but that setting literally does nothing for me. The tags on the expanded minimap stay on regardless of what that is set to. It's quite annoying.

Cool, just wanted to be sure. Sucks though to have that bug :(

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

Cool, just wanted to be sure. Sucks though to have that bug :(

BitBasher posted:

Doesn't work for me either, and I've been doing the exact thing that geeves was doing. What a weirdo bug to have going on for some people and not others.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Kelly posted:

Doesn't work for me either, and I've been doing the exact thing that geeves was doing. What a weirdo bug to have going on for some people and not others.

My best guess it's something related to one of the patches. Changing the minimap settings was probably one of the first things I did when this was released. It's great when small bugs cause us joy (sad trombone) but can come with some bad things like this.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

My best guess it's something related to one of the patches. Changing the minimap settings was probably one of the first things I did when this was released. It's great when small bugs cause us joy (sad trombone) but can come with some bad things like this.

That was going to be my question - when you set this up. I didn't do it right away, and definitely did it after those first couple patches that came out in the first few days.

I saw a few people on their support forums asking about this when I looked into it a few weeks ago. Perhaps I'll send in another ticket see if it gets traction this time.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 2, 2015

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Okay, so the light on my controller during online shows mental state, right? Because if so, :iia:

Itchy Tony Manero
Mar 29, 2010

I thought it was the crew color. My mental state gauge doesn't usually fill up all that much, and I've only ever seen my controller glow pink while playing online.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Okay, so the light on my controller during online shows mental state, right? Because if so, :iia:

Crew color.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Kelly posted:

So I know you mentioned it like 100 pages back or whatever, but did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? With a decent connection it should just be a matter of setting the thing to download while you sleep.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

im pooping! posted:

So I know you mentioned it like 100 pages back or whatever, but did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? With a decent connection it should just be a matter of setting the thing to download while you sleep.

What happens when I do that? I assume it resets SP (which I don't care about) but does it do anything to online, will I have to retransfer?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Duke Chin posted:

Crew color.

I'm disappointed. Landing the Dodo on water in first person mode, however, was not disappointing. You know it's a rough landing when the camera force-jolts your camera to look at your crotch.

For the thread's entertainment, I present my maiden voyage with first person parachuting

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Kelly posted:

What happens when I do that? I assume it resets SP (which I don't care about) but does it do anything to online, will I have to retransfer?

I have nothing better to do so I will do it and report back tomorrow about what it does.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Kelly posted:

No, the character is stored on Rockstar's servers. I can go to a friends account, log into his PS4 with my PSN and play my GTAO character instantly. Deleting local content doesn't affect anything about GTAO except preference settings.

I'll try deleting and reinstalling later tonight.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

good i didn't want to do any of that but it still stands i have nothing better to do

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Landing the Dodo on water in first person mode, however, was not disappointing. You know it's a rough landing when the camera force-jolts your camera to look at your crotch.

Yeah pretty much all 1st person landing gives you a good glimpse at your dilz if you put it down at pretty much anything-but-gently. The Lazor gives you a good button-fly-view since she wants to land flat and fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Like hell I'm redownloading GTA5, I'm just going to wait for Rockstar to push out a patch in 7 million years.

My favorite GTA Online glitch is the game always forgetting my helmet settings. It always forgets I set my hat as my bike helmet and that I enable the aircraft helmet when getting in a plane.

• Locked thread