Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

i loving hate that people think hes a good speaker when hes

a - terrible at it
b - contradicts statements he makes about bitcoin in consecutive sentences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

i loving hate that people think hes a good speaker when hes

a - terrible at it
b - contradicts statements he makes about bitcoin in consecutive sentences

To be fair, most bitcoiners are about as socially retarded as you can get, so the mere fact that he can stand in front of a group of people and talk at all is a surprise in itself.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

talking has no intrinsic value *collapses in on self in weird logic vacuum*

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

triple sulk posted:

To be fair, most bitcoiners are about as socially retarded as you can get, so the mere fact that he can stand in front of a group of people and talk at all is a surprise in itself.

but even then he can only talk about bitcoins.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

computer toucher posted:

but even then he can only talk about bitcoins.

One step at a time, I guess

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

gnrk posted:

hi I don't keep up with this thread can someone link me to the poison oak/trash excursion

lol no

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

gnrk posted:

hi I don't keep up with this thread can someone link me to the poison oak/trash excursion

it's an excerpt from ross ulbricht's masterpiece 'i am definitely loving guilty just throw me in jail already.txt'

i'd highly recommend giving it a good read.

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

triple sulk posted:

One step at a time, I guess

Way to start walking by stepping on poop.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol andreas not only has a bitcoin donation link on his page, but a page begging for jobs

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

theflyingexecutive posted:

lol andreas not only has a bitcoin donation link on his page, but a page begging for jobs

its a tight market when you have to compete with this guy:

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

oh poo poo lets not forget andreas amazing security audit of coinbase

http://antonopoulos.com/2014/02/25/coinbase-review/

quote:

On Monday February 24th, 2014 I was invited to the offices of Coinbase in San Francisco, as part of a voluntary cross-industry effort to provide independent review of the security of Coinbase customer funds. I am the Chief Security Officer at Blockchain, a bitcoin company that offers a web-wallet service that competes with some of Coinbase’s services. Prior to this day, I had not been to Coinbase’s offices, nor did I have any prior professional relationship with Coinbase. My visit was as an independent security expert with no financial control or interest in Coinbase. My goal during this visit was to validate the existence and security of customer funds.

During my visit, I met with the CEO and other executives and was presented with information on the mechanisms Coinbase uses to secure customer funds from theft, including their cold storage system and operating process.

I was shown an internal reporting tool used by Coinbase to verify total customer funds and the allocation of funds between the “hot wallet” and “cold storage” and funds in transit. Coinbase shared their process and technical details for cold storage, including their process to ensure funds cannot be retrieved from cold storage without the assembly of multiple keys controlled by different people.

While Coinbase publicly states that up to 97% of customer funds are in cold storage, at the time of my visit, their internal reporting tool showed that the cold storage system contained 98.8% of customer funds. To confirm for myself that these funds were in the cold storage system, I looked up the balance each of the cold storage addresses against the public blockchain, using an external site. The balance recorded on the public blockchain ledger for each of the addresses matched the balance recorded in Coinbase’s accounting system.

Although the accounting system and the blockchain balances appeared to match, I wanted to confirm that these addresses were actually controlled by Coinbase, thereby ensuring they controlled the funds. I randomly selected one of the cold storage addresses and requested that a transaction be signed to prove ownership of the address. This was not pre-arranged nor was there any warning that I would make such a request. Coinbase complied with my request and produced a transaction that proved they owned the cold storage address of my choosing.

Based on what I observed during my visit and my experience in security, it appears that the Coinbase system contains the expected funds and their cold storage system and process appear to be operating according to security best practices.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

ugh the bitcoin job market has to be hilarious. the biggest company and probably the only one getting decent vc money has been laying off, there's a whole slew of nerds willing to work for pennies if it's in butts, you have to work with bitcoiners all day, yeesh

newreply.php
Dec 24, 2009

Pillbug

Erenthal posted:

its a tight market when you have to compete with this guy:

im the chaste pants draw pon the stick figure

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

newreply.php posted:

im the chaste pants draw pon the stick figure
im the self-described good typer spelling it "Bitoin"

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

gnrk posted:

SynthOrange posted:

MR. TURNER
Q. Take a look at Government Exhibit 325.

A. I have it.

Q. What is that?

A. It is an email from the defendant to an individual named Julio in which he references that he has poison oak rash from head to toe.

MR. TURNER
Your Honor, the government offers 325 into evidence.

MR. DRATEL
Objection. Vayner and hearsay, your Honor.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

anthonypants posted:

quoting this so you can't edit it out

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

anthonypants posted:

I'm the picture of a guy that's really just a stick figure!!

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

he also worked for Neo and Bee, and then there was also the blockchain.info money laundering thing

dude sticks his dick in so many shady as hell bitcoin businesses and come out smelling like roses to the casual observer

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ugh the bitcoin job market has to be hilarious. the biggest company and probably the only one getting decent vc money has been laying off, there's a whole slew of nerds willing to work for pennies if it's in butts, you have to work with bitcoiners all day, yeesh

[for hire] bona fide Wicker Pagan spells, blessings, rites and ritual performed and directed for you. (self.Jobs4Bitcoins)

submitted 1 day ago by forgethebull

I am offering bona fide Wicker Pagan spells, blessings, rites and ritual performed and directed towards your own personal issues, objects, upcoming events, meetings or occasions.

Get that peace of mind, power and protection or upper hand in whatever your situation needs.

I use Tools of the earth, Spells of the air Songs of fire.

I offer photos of ritual performed including text (personalized to your needs) keep this image close to remind you of the small step of power undertaken and initiated by your self.

Pm me for more info.

Love and respect

FTB

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

lol did he jiggle the handle on the server room door to make sure it locks?

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

lol did he jiggle the handle on the server room door to make sure it locks?

he counted the number of locks on doors and then counted the number of keys the janitor had on his keychain

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A: "so what's the root password?"
"we can't tell you that"
A: "very good very good"
*makes check mark on three-item list*

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A: "im here to check the integrity of your bank vault"
"well, heres some pictures of it"
A: "good... good"

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A: "so... is your system secure?"
"yes"
A: "excellent, my work here is done"

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof
is antonopoop also the guy who performed an audit where the database review was just SELECT SUM(AMOUNT) FROM WALLETS or some poo poo

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!
nope. thats mike hearn.

quote:

Hearn's report states:

"To prove to me the size of the company's deposits, I was given direct MySQL access to their master database. We ran a SQL SELECT SUM(btc_balance) query on the user_profiles table to determine the total outstanding balances.

Earlier I had reviewed some of the site code to verify that indeed this table was being updated when deposits and withdrawals took place."

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A: "so are your company's fracking operations tested and safe?"
"here's a piece of paper saying that"
A: "it does indeed say that, very good"

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

DaTroof posted:

is antonopoop also the guy who performed an audit where the database review was just SELECT SUM(AMOUNT) FROM WALLETS or some poo poo

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

I was shown an internal reporting tool used by Coinbase to verify total customer funds

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

A thread called Public Apology on BitCoinTalk.

quote:

Short and sweet is nicest. Basically I got trust from the admin BadBear, and got mad because I didn't do anything. I later found out that around 2-3 months ago, I really did make an account and try and extort two members our of BTC. I am just here to apologize, as I completely regret doing so, and although I barely remember what happened, in the end it comes down to my own greed.

Another bit coiner with likely actual brain damage, if they had to 'find out' they tried to extort someone a few months ago. Just kinda forgot about that, oops.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

gnrk posted:

AnoHito posted:

it's an excerpt from ross ulbricht's masterpiece 'i am definitely loving guilty just throw me in jail already.txt'

i'd highly recommend giving it a good read.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mi6yc7jblr1t5vh/253456456-Silk-Road-exhibits-GX-241.pdf

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

A thread called Public Apology on BitCoinTalk.

Another bit coiner with likely actual brain damage, if they had to 'find out' they tried to extort someone a few months ago. Just kinda forgot about that, oops.

a trustless currency for people you cant trust

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Also for anyone who loves logansryche as much as I do, according to his Twitter feed all he cares about these days are My Coke Rewards. So I guess that's his latest get rich quick scheme, probably already given up on the scrapping job.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Also for anyone who loves logansryche as much as I do, according to his Twitter feed all he cares about these days are My Coke Rewards. So I guess that's his latest get rich quick scheme, probably already given up on the scrapping job.

the eternal greed of the autistic mind

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

quote:

Fur, Gamer, Team Capt of Fox Star In Second Life, Owner of MJ's Dismantling, The Card Collector, and Co-Owner of GTA5 crew White Rose Mafia

lol I guess I need to be on twitter a little more

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

like most idiots, he has every service he's ever used set to broadcast his depressing life on Twitter, so you too can rejoice in his winning of 10 can ring pulls

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

quote:

BUYING
Complete Desktop/Laptop/Servers $0.30/lb
Incomplete Desktop/Laptop/Server/Video Game System $0.10/lb
Complete Video Game System $0.50/lb
Mixed CDs/DVDs/Video Games 20¢/lb
Mixed General Electronics 1¢/lb

CHARGING
CRT Monitor/TV Pickup & Recycle $15/ea
Appliance/Metal/Tin/Aluminum Pickup $Free
Soda/Water Can/Bottle Pickup $Free

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

EL BROMANCE posted:

he was posting on a scrap metal forum about melting down pennies for the copper a few days ago

DaTroof
Nov 16, 2000

CC LIMERICK CONTEST GRAND CHAMPION
There once was a poster named Troof
Who was getting quite long in the toof

i was thinking of this one but im sure the details of anton's audit are at least that hilarious

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Sweevo posted:

he was posting on a scrap metal forum about melting down pennies for the copper a few days ago

please find this post for me i'm so close

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sweevo posted:

isn't that illegal

• Locked thread