Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Supergirl is probably the worst character to make a stand on considering her messed up history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

IRQ posted:

Marvel references really do make things better, especially grammar Nazism. :sun:

It would have been pretty awesome if Juggernaut kicked that kid on The 100 in the dick when he said hung instead of hanged this week.

* Who gives a gently caress about superman in the first place how did this get greenlit?

I remember the Supergirl TV movie getting played in primetime all the time back in 198X. I had it on a VHS tape for some reason. (e: according to IMDB it actually showed in theaters? I guess I learned something today.)

I don't recall anyone who matters giving a poo poo about her ever since then though.

raditts fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Feb 1, 2015

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

i stopped watching PoI after season one, because it was crap. i didnt watch it for 3 years. Every episode after the season 1 finale is better than all of season 1.

I kept watching it, and I completely agree. Once they tried an ensemble cast instead of Jesus shoots people in the knees it really started to work.

HUMAN FISH posted:

The 100 is pretty good. Just started season two after marathoning season one in a day.

:
Dichen Lachman is a great fit because she looks like an alien.

The 100 season 1 is awesome but season 2 is at risk of losing me.

Pillowpants fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 2, 2015

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

I remember the Supergirl TV movie getting played in primetime all the time back in 198X. I had it on a VHS tape for some reason. (e: according to IMDB it actually showed in theaters? I guess I learned something today.)

I don't recall anyone who matters giving a poo poo about her ever since then though.

I wonder if that movie would have done better if they actually would have been able to get Christopher Reeve for a cameo.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Pillowpants posted:

The 100 season 1 is awesome but season 2 is at risk of losing me.

:confused: Why? S2 has been good.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

:confused: Why? S2 has been good great.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Season 2 has been way better than season 1. So far no one has irritated or pissed me off. It's nice.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I've generally enjoyed it, but it does slow down to a more leisurely pace than I'd like, sometimes. It's better than the beginning of Season 1, but that's a very low bar, I think. I hated it then.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's been excellent almost every week, zero filler and just straight through badassery. They mourned for what? 8 mins? No time to waste :black101: gently caress you Mt Weather

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked how the show realized you can't really redeem a character who massacred civilians.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Lycus posted:

I've generally enjoyed it, but it does slow down to a more leisurely pace than I'd like, sometimes. It's better than the beginning of Season 1, but that's a very low bar, I think. I hated it then.
S2 does slow down a bit in the first 5 or so episodes but it never really stalls and just falls out of the sky. You could easily argue some of the earlier episodes missed the mark in some places but it's not damning enough to make it utter poo poo or anything along those lines.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I personally could've done without the recent gorilla episode too. Didn't dig it.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I thought it was fun to show dangers that arent just human.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The thread was pretty keen for a lightning bear. Grodd worked pretty good!

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Lycus posted:

I personally could've done without the recent gorilla episode too. Didn't dig it.
Well, it was part of a part of a plot, not really a central thing to the episode. I wouldn't call it the gorilla episode. Could've been anything really, but they went with gorilla.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
"Oh, gently caress you" over and over. What show was that? I think it was a somewhat recent comedy show but I don't remember what it was. Not the best clue but it's popped in my head and I want it to go away

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ariza posted:

"Oh, gently caress you" over and over. What show was that? I think it was a somewhat recent comedy show but I don't remember what it was. Not the best clue but it's popped in my head and I want it to go away

South Park?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aGa2cqS_EE

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 2, 2015

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lycus posted:

The somehow lone and still hanging out in the zoo after decades rage gorilla made no sense whatsoever, but the rest of the episode was great and that was a really minor part of it that could have been filled by -random_environmental_threat_009-.if we're being honest, in a show that has roving clouds of poison gas that may or may not be controlled by the big bad. Random rage gorillas are about as likely as MMA kangaroos or self-whipping boa constrictors but it's a sci-fi show and this part is among the least preposterous aspects. The episode kicked rear end otherwise.

Rocksicles posted:

It's been excellent almost every week, zero filler and just straight through badassery. They mourned for what? 8 mins? No time to waste :black101: gently caress you Mt Weather

It goes bonkers soon enough.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't really care if it "made sense". It just kinda bored me.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Heaven forbid a show ever bores you, jesus.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

GreenNight posted:

Heaven forbid a show ever bores you, jesus.

I generally don't feel it necessary to love every episode of shows I watch. I'm cool with that.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Lycus posted:

I don't really care if it "made sense". It just kinda bored me.

Oh ok, I thought the rest of it was good though. Former President Guy and War Crimes Murphy embarking on their pilgrimage to the promised land could be pretty cool. Neither had a place in the rest of the plot. The Mt Weather development could be cool too, and well yeah the grounders/sky people stuff was boring I'll give you that.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

IRQ posted:

Oh ok, I thought the rest of it was good though. Former President Guy and War Crimes Murphy embarking on their pilgrimage to the promised land could be pretty cool. Neither had a place in the rest of the plot. The Mt Weather development could be cool too, and well yeah the grounders/sky people stuff was boring I'll give you that.

Yeah, I liked the Jaha/Murphy part. I reminded me of how at the beginning of the season, I thought Jaha was somewhere else on the continent and was going to have his own adventure. So I'm curious to see where that goes. The rest was forgettable for me, I think I'd rather have seen more Lincoln/Bellamy than Donkey Kong.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
So you're racist about Gorillas, is what you're saying?

Gorillas are people too man! #2015

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Rocksicles posted:

So you're racist about Gorillas, is what you're saying?

Gorillas are people too man! #2015
All gorillas are perverts! Look at Koko!

Lycus fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 2, 2015

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Don't look them directly in the eyes, man, what are you thinking!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
This Zachary Quinto/Uma Thurman tv show looks absolutely terrible.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was at a nightclub where i could of used those on Saturday

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The Blacklist episode after the Super Bowl was pretty cool, but the best part was seeing Grizz getting 5 seconds of screen time before being capped by James "Ultron" Spader.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Party Plane Jones posted:

This Zachary Quinto/Uma Thurman tv show looks absolutely terrible.
The Slap?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not understanding the logic of not banning someone, but making their posts even more annoying.

Either lock them to GBS or just ban them.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Does anyone know where to find a website, I'm 90% it was released as an advert for Rectify where you logged on with your facebook and it came up with an imaginary timeline of you and your friends like in the next 20 years or something?

e: Found it: http://www.mylifein20years.com/ (Doesn't work properly anymore though)

Annabel Pee fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Feb 2, 2015

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Perfect, thanks! That was driving me insane.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Who's been keeping up with Elementary? Have they started doing a will-they-won't-they thing between Sherlock and Joan? Somebody on Facebook was complaining about how making Watson female created all this sexual tension when there shouldn't be any (in relation to the ongoing Ghostbusters casting argument), and I remember hearing that that was never the plan. Still, a lot can change in two years, so I want to make sure nothing has before I drag myself into this unwinnable war.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

Who's been keeping up with Elementary? Have they started doing a will-they-won't-they thing between Sherlock and Joan? Somebody on Facebook was complaining about how making Watson female created all this sexual tension when there shouldn't be any (in relation to the ongoing Ghostbusters casting argument), and I remember hearing that that was never the plan. Still, a lot can change in two years, so I want to make sure nothing has before I drag myself into this unwinnable war.

They have not and they never will

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

There is absolutely no sexual tension what so ever. The person posting that is projecting.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

GreenNight posted:

There is absolutely no sexual tension what so ever. The person posting that is projecting.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Not that I'm making a habit of this (seriously, this'll be the only time), but here's his response, just for the record:

"pfft... Sherlock is jealous all the time whenever she has a date, and there are moments of silence where it's clear. I've seen every episode."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

He selfishly wants her time, not her rear end. Doesn't matter, he won't be convinced.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GreenNight posted:

Yeah people say that about Sam and Dean too so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

GreenNight posted:

He selfishly wants her time, not her rear end. Doesn't matter, he won't be convinced.

Of course he won't, I'm just bored and curious. A deadly combination.

• Locked thread