Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Fremry posted:

So is Doc Louis' Punch Out basically just a demo? I'm taking a look and it it seems like it's just three modes with Doc Louis as the opponent.

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Definitely not picking that up when there's so much other good stuff.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

So is this whole kerfluffle anything to do with the European club nintendo? Cos I'm looking at the site now and it's just the usual tiny amount of dumb bullshit.

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
Can you get games for systems you don't own yet and redeem them when you buy the system?

I'll probably get a Wii U later this year and I'd love to get Earthbound and Super Metroid.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Tokyo Crash Mobs seems kind of crazy, is it fun?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Brian Fellows posted:

Can you get games for systems you don't own yet and redeem them when you buy the system?

I'll probably get a Wii U later this year and I'd love to get Earthbound and Super Metroid.

Yes since they just give you codes to redeem. Just make sure you get the system before they expire.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Stan Taylor posted:

Do we know when they're doing plat/gold rewards? And can we still redeem CN codes through the month? I've got about 200 now, which isn't quite enough for the cooler junk.

Brian Fellows posted:

I think that they said they were going to bring out the Gold/Platinum rewards in April - correct me if I am wrong. I actually want Earthbound myself (and Super Metroid), but EB was Platinum last year and to avoid paying good coin for games I would get for free, I might hold onto my chips until the G & P rewards go live.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

JustJeff88 posted:

I think that they said they were going to bring out the Gold/Platinum rewards in April - correct me if I am wrong. I actually want Earthbound myself (and Super Metroid), but EB was Platinum last year and to avoid paying good coin for games I would get for free, I might hold onto my chips until the G & P rewards go live.

Wouldn't be surprised if gold/plat were just 'pick something' with the various digital and physical items put into gold and platinum tiers. Would make sense since the physical rewards all say they won't ship for months.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Ah, so what I should really do is wait until Gold/Plat stuff is out to use any coins.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

Ah, so what I should really do is wait until Gold/Plat stuff is out to use any coins.

You should use your coins to buy a game you want, and then play that game, today, and enjoy the game.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

PneumonicBook posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if gold/plat were just 'pick something' with the various digital and physical items put into gold and platinum tiers. Would make sense since the physical rewards all say they won't ship for months.

I'd be down for some, like, "allowance" of sorts. Gold gets 700 extra coins and Platinum 900 or something like that.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

PneumonicBook posted:

That's very possible, and would probably be okay with me.

elf help book posted:

You should use your coins to buy a game you want, and then play that game, today, and enjoy the game.

Want... play... enjoy... BAH! My cheap bastardness requires that I squeeze the maximum game-profit out of this arrangement.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Tokyo Crash Mobs seems kind of crazy, is it fun?

I haven't gotten far into it, but not really. Maybe I'm dumb, but there feels like a huge disconnect between how you're trying to control the game and what actually happens. The FMV cutscenes are charming, but they are very short and only make me rather play the FMV games of the past like the Tex Murphy series or Ripper.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Do not even ask posted:

I haven't gotten far into it, but not really. Maybe I'm dumb, but there feels like a huge disconnect between how you're trying to control the game and what actually happens. The FMV cutscenes are charming, but they are very short and only make me rather play the FMV games of the past like the Tex Murphy series or Ripper.

Ah alright, guess I'll give it a pass then.

The other game I was interested in is Sakura Samurai. It got pretty good reviews, anyone play it?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

elf help book posted:

I will do what I please, Forums User elf help book

triplexpac posted:

Ah alright, guess I'll give it a pass then.

The other game I was interested in is Sakura Samurai. It got pretty good reviews, anyone play it?

Think of it sorta like a Punch-Out where you can move around in a 3D space- there's a few different types of enemies that have different tells that cue you in on what direction to dodge and then counter from. It's fun enough, kinda short though.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Please stop ordering innocent people to enjoy themselves, Forums User elf help book, you oppressive tyrant dictator

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

less laughter posted:

Please stop ordering innocent people to enjoy themselves, Forums User elf help book, you oppressive tyrant dictator

These forums, so filled with negativity...

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

elf help book posted:

These forums, so filled with negativity...

I take it with this naïveté that you've been on these forums for about 8 seconds.

Welcome to SA!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I really wish that Club Nintendo was giving out Zelda 2 for 3DS instead of the Wii U.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Spacebump posted:

I really wish that Club Nintendo was giving out Zelda 2 for 3DS instead of the Wii U.

Seriously, I have been holding off buying it for months, waiting to see if it would pop up as a Club Nintendo reward. I guess I'll have to wait for a sale and buy it instead.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
NA dudes, Ubisoft is doing another sale until the 16th:

WII U:

Assassin's Creed 3 - $14.99
Assassin's Creed 4 - $22.49
Child of Light - $11.24
Cloudberry Kingdom - $4.99
ESPN Sports Connection - $12.49
Just Dance 2015 - $29.99
Marvel Avengers: Battle for Earth - $14.99
Rabbids Land - $12.49
Rayman Legends - $19.99
Smurfs 2 - $19.99
Splinter Cell Blacklist - $14.99
WATCH_DOGS - $44.99
Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2013 - $12.49
ZombiU - $22.49

3DS:

Ghost Recon Shadow Wars - $7.49
Splinter Cell 3D - $7.49
Tetris Ultimate - $14.99
Rayman 3D - $7.49
Rayman Origins - $7.49
Rabbids Travel In Time 3D - $7.49
Petz Beach - $22.49
Petz Countryside - $22.49
Petz Fantasy 3D - $7.49
Poptronica Forgotten Islands - $22.49

planetarial
Oct 19, 2012
Fyi if you guys are a bit short on coins for something you want, download these games. 3DS: Pokemon Bank, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Steel Diver: Sub Wars Free version, and Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai Demo. WiiU: Lucadian Chronicles and Zen Pinball 2. All of them are free and give you coins, but the last three (Jett, Chronicles, Zen Pin) only give out coins for post play surveys. All together its about 75 coins, so it might be a big help in giving you one last push towards what you want or getting Plat status.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I can't get the Club Nintendo site to work at all (And when it does, it says all my stuff is completed and my platinum status is gone) but I just have to say the rewards are really good.

Too bad that literally every game that's worth owning on there (Except for maybe Paper Mario, and Doc Louis' Punch Out) I already have on my Wii/Wii U/3DS.

Maybe I'll grab 3D Twinbee or Excitebike, or just settle for some Smash Posters or a game case, that Messenger bag looks alright but Its probably already sold out.

Cherokee Jack
Dec 27, 2005

I got really lucky before I went to work this morning as I was able to get the 2nd Smash poster set. Not long afterwards the site basically shut down.

I'm really hoping there's a soundtrack for the platinum reward.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
Do digital purchases no longer get coins? I'm 35 short of 800.... :smith:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

duckfarts posted:

They should still. I got a post play survey for Wario Land 2 that I got last week after the shutdown announcement.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

planetarial posted:

Fyi if you guys are a bit short on coins for something you want, download these games. 3DS: Pokemon Bank, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, Steel Diver: Sub Wars Free version, and Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai Demo. WiiU: Lucadian Chronicles and Zen Pinball 2. All of them are free and give you coins, but the last three (Jett, Chronicles, Zen Pin) only give out coins for post play surveys. All together its about 75 coins, so it might be a big help in giving you one last push towards what you want or getting Plat status.

Thanks! Got 55 coins coming my way.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

duckfarts posted:

They do. W101 will give me 60 to put me over 800 remaining when the site works again. I almost got to do the survey before it dumped me again.

EDIT: Or maybe not. I completed the survey but my coins didn't register. I'm assuming it's just continued jankiness with their server, but who can say?

Suspicious Cook fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 3, 2015

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I have two surveys at 10 coins each left, but that will get me to 440 after the probably awful quality messenger bag. I don't have any classic controllers for the Wii U, though, so the amount of games available is limited to NES games, four SNES titles a few GBA games, or Dr. Luigi. I already have the physical NES Remix disc. I'd get Paper Mario or Majora's Mask for the N64 and leave the rest of the coins to rot if I could play it with the Wii U game pad. Any suggestions? I'm thinking The Lost Levels and something else, but being 10 coins short keeps Earthbound and most of the Wii VC titles out of the running. The only games I'd rather stay away from are the NES games from ~1985. I've already played all of them too much.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

If 3DS is an option, Mario's Picross owns bones.

If not, get a 3DS.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Kaubocks posted:

If 3DS is an option, Mario's Picross owns bones.

If not, get a 3DS.

I wish. I'd have gotten a 3DS game instead of the messenger bag. I had to sell my 3DS XL last year to pay a few student loan payments.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Ah, dang, I know the feeling of needing to sell poo poo to pay for things. :smith::hf::smith:

Club Nintendo is finally loading for me, so I'm looking through what's an option. Super Mario World and Super Metroid have infinite replayability to me. I'd likely stay away from Yoshi's Island because it's the GBA version-- personally I enjoy all the more modern Yoshi sounds they added to the game (I'm probably the only person) but I feel overall graphical and sound quality takes a hit due to being GBA. The rest I'm indifferent about mostly because they're either dated or I've played them a million times. Super Mario Bros 3 is always fun, I guess!

Alternatively, check out this post for ways to earn extra coins if you haven't seen it already.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Kaubocks posted:

Ah, dang, I know the feeling of needing to sell poo poo to pay for things. :smith::hf::smith:

Club Nintendo is finally loading for me, so I'm looking through what's an option. Super Mario World and Super Metroid have infinite replayability to me. I'd likely stay away from Yoshi's Island because it's the GBA version-- personally I enjoy all the more modern Yoshi sounds they added to the game (I'm probably the only person) but I feel overall graphical and sound quality takes a hit due to being GBA. The rest I'm indifferent about mostly because they're either dated or I've played them a million times. Super Mario Bros 3 is always fun, I guess!

Alternatively, check out this post for ways to earn extra coins if you haven't seen it already.

Thanks. I saw the post but I thought they were all 3DS titles. I didn't see the Wii U stuff listed.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I hope they do this for the Australian Club Nintendo. I'm on the fence about buying a 3DS, and being able to pick up a bunch of free games would seal the deal.

Not going to get my hopes up though.

woofbro
Nov 25, 2013

Mad Katter posted:

I hope they do this for the Australian Club Nintendo. I'm on the fence about buying a 3DS, and being able to pick up a bunch of free games would seal the deal.

Not going to get my hopes up though.

Man, friggen great name/av combo.

I decided to just go the Link Between Worlds OST, looks like a great package.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Was up for long enough to get one code welp.

Edit: and it says my messanger bag order went through nice

Haruharuharuko fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 3, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Managed to get the site to work long enough to get Super Mario 3D World, New Super Mario Bros 2, and Star Fox 64 3D.

Think that leaves me at about 20 coins or something, but the site is still saying I've got over 1200 (won't let me buy anything so the back-end clearly knows what's up). Not a bad set of games though.

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there
I just registered Smash 4. Do those post play surveys still come up? I had very little games to register, so at least I hope I can go from 630 to 650.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Siselmo posted:

I just registered Smash 4. Do those post play surveys still come up? I had very little games to register, so at least I hope I can go from 630 to 650.

They do, yes. I just filled out one for After Burner II.

I also just looked at my product registration history. Good God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubivore_
Nov 6, 2013

I have 415 coins and I don't know what to get. Calendar looks neat, but so does the 3ds games case. Mario's Picross and Link's Awakening also looks like a good choice. help!

edit:got the games

Cubivore_ fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Feb 3, 2015