Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I kinda wish Dean still did the headlock driver. The double arm DDT just isn't the same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Here's my thing.

Reality: both Roman and Bryan are really over! Great!

What WWE should do with this: Build both guys as main event caliber rather than making Bryan into a loser geek and Roman into a godking. More elevated guys is good for business by every metric.

What WWE will do with this unless forced to do otherwise: Have Roman beat Bryan clean, subjecting Roman to a live shaming at Mania (Mania is NOT going to be Denver) while still pushing him like Cena, and turning Bryan into a geek, pissing crowds off more AND burning money.

Alain Post posted:

Daniel Bryan isn't a budding star, he is slightly younger than John Cena, and is just coming off a major injury. I freaking love him but he isn't the future of the WWE.

(unless you were arguing for Ambrose, who I'd absolutely go for, but he seems to be heading toward that Mick Foley 1999 slot on the roster, which isn't awful, but still)

I was arguing that for many guys. Ambrose, Bray, and Bryan primarily. But definitely Ambrose and Bray. My point was the pattern is the same regardless.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Feb 3, 2015

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Alain Post posted:

Daniel Bryan isn't a budding star, he is slightly younger than John Cena, and is just coming off a major injury. I freaking love him but he isn't the future of the WWE.

(unless you were arguing for Ambrose, who I'd absolutely go for, but he seems to be heading toward that Mick Foley 1999 slot on the roster, which isn't awful, but still)

He may not be the long-term (as in years and years) answer but you might as well run with it now while it's hot. Nothing lasts forever.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

daniel bryan has seen the needle and the damage done

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Alain Post posted:

Despite the offputting interviews and the Loony Tunes promos I actually still kinda like Reigns and want him to succeed, even though I like Bryan more and would prefer him in the Wrestlemania main event. I just hate how WWE only seems to be able to properly slow build people by accident now with the stars aligning rather than anything organic like with Batista a decade ago. They're even managing to screw up their once 100% beloved golden boy chosen one through this process.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
I just realized there was no New Day match for the beginning of Black History month.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.
Also, being pinned by Big Show was Roman Reigns' first singles loss in WWE.

Previous pins were the 11-on-3 match on Raw and the 6-man at Elimination Chamber against The Wyatts, both while in The Shield.

TenaciousJ
Dec 31, 2008

Clown move bro

Daniel Bryan posted:

He may not be the long-term (as in years and years) answer but you might as well run with it now while it's hot. Nothing lasts forever.

Yeah, why not run with him while he's hot and actually give the future guys some room to breathe and develop? Reigns might have been able to organically grow into a main event guy with skills to back it up if his ascent had been a slower burn.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

daniel bryan doesn't actually want to be pushed

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

The Landstander posted:

Jesus, I hate the big show so much.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Here's my thing.

Reality: both Roman and Bryan are really over! Great!

What WWE should do with this: Build both guys as main event caliber rather than making Bryan into a loser geek and Roman into a godking. More elevated guys is good for business by every metric.

What WWE will do with this unless forced to do otherwise: Have Roman beat Bryan clean, subjecting Roman to a live shaming at Mania (Mania is NOT going to be Denver) while still pushing him like Cena, and turning Bryan into a geek, pissing crowds off more AND burning money.

The absolute best way to do this is the one method they'll never choose. Have Rusev put Cena out of action for several months (seriously the dude looks half-zombified at this point he really should mend). Have Bryan carry/teach Roman in their match at Fast Lane with Bryan winning a match that :siren: MAKES REIGNS LOOK STRONG :siren: and Reigns shaking his hand winning back over the crowd. Then Reigns, being Cena's intended literal and figurative replacement, faces off against Rusev and ends his reign of terror to the delight of most of the audience. And Bryan/Lesnar is the David & Goliath title match everyone wants to see happens.

But Vince would never actually give Cena time off that wasn't forced because of a serious injury he couldn't just wrestle through, especially at the Superbowl show of the year.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The Landstander posted:

Previous pins were the 11-on-3 match on Raw and the 6-man at Elimination Chamber against The Wyatts, both while in The Shield.

I can't wait for Vince to go into panic mode next week because "all the kids will loose faith in Roman if he looses" and books him to destroy Rusev, Cesaro, and Kidd.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rhonne posted:

I just realized there was no New Day match for the beginning of Black History month.

Black America dodged a bullet there

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Alain Post posted:

Black America dodged a bullet there

glad they did, for once

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Rhonne posted:

I can't wait for Vince to go into panic mode next week because "all the kids will loose faith in Roman if he looses" and books him to destroy Rusev, Cesaro, and Kidd.

well in fairness he's freaking right, if this guy's supposed to even be competitive with Brock at Mania he shouldn't be eating pins

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

TheOneTrueKing posted:

They're gonna build Dean in a good way I think. He'll do it the way everyone wanted Roman to do it. Through the midcard, use the IC title, and launch toward the main event.

hahahahaha. I like Dean Ambrose a lot. If you want him to succeed, you should hope like hell he DOESN'T win that title. At least with the US title they often forget it exist and it never gets defended. IC title = death

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tato posted:

hahahahaha. I like Dean Ambrose a lot. If you want him to succeed, you should hope like hell he DOESN'T win that title.

or what, he starts losing matches?

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

MotU posted:

glad they did, for once

:stare:

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

oatgan posted:

the latter

They'll care when it's Goldberg/Lesnar II.

I don't know, Reigns didn't get a reaction Smackdown outside of boos and two women having an orgasm. Here he got a typical Cena mixed reaction...but Cena came out to a massive total face pop just like Bryan does. Hell the crowd cheered for the Big Show getting a pin victory over him and then had a good pop when he saved Bryan from the Authority.

Tonight really was loving weird.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Alain Post posted:

....touche

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Alain Post posted:

Eh. I think there's a difference between losing to Bray Wyatt and losing to the Sin Caras and R-Truths of the world, however small. Point taken though, it's amazing Ambrose still has momentum considering his constant losses.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

NutritiousSnack posted:

then had a good pop when he saved Bryan from the Authority.

Tonight really was loving weird.

Well, to be fair, zombified Hitler could've been the one spearing Show and gotten a pop solely by virtue of having helped Bryan.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
On that RAW, they did an excellent job of hiding Roman's weaknesses, most prominently being on screen for longer than 4-5 minutes at a time.

He's just a natural sprinter. Like a dwarf.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Roman Reigns is still a dickhead imho

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Oh did I imagine it or did jbl mention zombie eddie guerrero

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I dunno guys, the last time Ambrose held a belt, he had it for a year or something and only defended like, three times.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Hi I didn't watch RAW but that Spear was really good.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

he did and i'm having fun wondering if Vince fed him that line or if he came up with it by himself

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

He did and was also generally really bad as usual.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

The Singing Chav posted:

Is Roman trying to literally kill The Big Show? Cause that would get Roman over with me and make me cheer him forever, if he literally killed The Big Show.

This but the opposite.

Y'all make me sick, all you people doing a 180 on Reigns just because they apparently did some decent booking on him for once.

Also this episode sounds hilarious "hey Bryan gets a shot just because" terrible panic booking.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I mean them bringing Bryan back and him wanting to do anything else except get the title that he never lost would be dumb.

The dumb thing is that the Rumble meant absolutely nothing in the end. :shrug:

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

maxallen posted:

This but the opposite.

Y'all make me sick, all you people doing a 180 on Reigns just because they apparently did some decent booking on him for once.

Also this episode sounds hilarious "hey Bryan gets a shot just because" terrible panic booking.

This was the best and saddest part of the show:

I'm genuinely starting to worry about Cena's health. Just how loving beat up is he nowadays?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

HulkaMatt posted:

I mean them bringing Bryan back and him wanting to do anything else except get the title that he never lost would be dumb.

The dumb thing is that the Rumble meant absolutely nothing in the end. :shrug:

the rumble was very clearly a fuckup and this did a pretty good job at trying to fix that

i mean the opening segment basically said at some point "why the gently caress was DB in the Rumble anyway"

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Everything about the return of Bryan and the Rumble match was horrible. It's cool that they're trying to fix how they handled Bryan - but in general I hate the idea of someone winning the Rumble match and the stip meaning nothing.

They at least masked it as Roman Reigns had a choice in wanting to defend it or not I guess?

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 3, 2015

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Jesus, I hate the big show so much.

I wonder how Big Show feels about where his role in the WWE is currently, or if he even gives a gently caress anymore.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
That wasn't even the best spear Roman did in the last two weeks. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills! Is the Big Show really a draw??

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Rhonne posted:

This was the best and saddest part of the show:

I'm genuinely starting to worry about Cena's health. Just how loving beat up is he nowadays?

Between pinkeye and just getting hit it's easy to get an eye like that but he's been looking a bit off for weeks. On one of these Raws he was Paige-white.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Cena is going to bring prestige back to the US Title.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I would like for John Cena to take an extended break like many wrestlers have done around his age and figure out what it is he enjoys outside of pretending to have fights and doing charity work based on his persona of pretend fight master.

If there's anything that we have learned, it's that this business can break anybody from time to time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Sometimes I really hate that the belts are unified, especially with the lovely handling of the midcard titles.

• Locked thread