Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
If D/N games and also Australia didn't exist, the timing of world cup matches would be perfect for the US's east coast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
It's lucky that England are currently so good we can leave Stokes out of the squad. It's not like he's in good form with the bat at the moment or anything, and with Woakes, Ravi et al in such stellar form they definitely deserve to be there over him.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He was so poo poo not that long ago that they're just hesitant to use him.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
He was, and they are, but so are the rest of the team. At least he's flaying the SA A team, that's more than can be said about most of our side at the moment. Ravi wasn't even bowled in the final, which says it all.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Lungboy posted:

It's lucky that England are currently so good we can leave Stokes out of the squad. It's not like he's in good form with the bat at the moment or anything, and with Woakes, Ravi et al in such stellar form they definitely deserve to be there over him.
Woakes has been in pretty good form though? I mean, the final was a nightmare for him, but he did pretty well in the rest of the tri-series and was one of our better bowlers in Sri Lanka.

Ravi has no excuse, admittedly.

Paul.Power fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 2, 2015

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Yes let's get the guy with more ducks than a Chinese restaurant in the team.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Ravi is another one who goes into the Lions and looks good, then comes into the full side and explodes into mediocrity and disappointment.

There's still a huge gulf between the A and B teams for all nations.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Brett824 posted:

If D/N games and also Australia didn't exist, the timing of world cup matches would be perfect for the US's east coast.

That would be the least benefit to the world

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Paul.Power posted:

Woakes has been in pretty good form though? I mean, the final was a nightmare for him, but he did pretty well in the rest of the tri-series and was one of our better bowlers in Sri Lanka.

Chris Woakes in delivery stride looks loving awful:

That said, in the two games I was unfortunate enough to be there for, he was pretty awful.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
That England kit never ceases to look terrible.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

serious gaylord posted:

That England [blank] never ceases to look terrible.

Cricket Post 2015 (reuse for the next 2 years plus)

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
I get the feeling Woakes will be a bust here whereas the harder bouncier wickets would suit Stokes

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Stokes has one good game every 10, otherwise he is really poo poo. Really loving poo poo. Single figure scores and going at 8 an over game after game after game sort of poo poo. He might or might not turn out to be a good player, but England weren't wrong not to pick him.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Ravi needs to stay in the side purely because of how hilarious it is to hear a pained bumble say 'oh ravi no ravi no'

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Guptill batting like Classic Guptill.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

kingturnip posted:

Chris Woakes in delivery stride looks loving awful:

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Guptill batting like Classic Guptill.

Probably should have let that last one go by.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The Nards Pan posted:

Probably should have let that last one go by.

Shame that ball didn't go the other way. Would have liked to see him go on.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

We should make a decent score here. Let's hope Taylor doesn't run Williamson out again before he gets his ton.

Kane is going to become NZ's best ever batsman imo

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Ewar Woowar posted:

Kane is going to become cricket's best ever batsman imo

Agreed friend.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Kane Williamson is good at cricket.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Mister Chief posted:

Are the WC warm up matches going to be televised?

I doubt the ones at Lincoln would be, but maybe the Hagley Oval ones. I'm going to NZ v SA next Wednesday.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

lol good stuff.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Holy poo poo, hearing the ACC chaps going nuts over Taylor getting his century is the best

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Pakistan are bad.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Mister Chief posted:

Pakistan are bad.

Their bowling is supposed to be their strength but it's terrible.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Ewar Woowar posted:

Kane is going to become NZ's best ever batsman imo
Surely only a massive injury can stop him

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Shmoses posted:

Yeah that's going to suck when it inevitably happens in a couple years.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

After his first major injury setback he'll set his mind to mastering health and fitness and become immortal.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Shmoses posted:

what about ~~australian conditions!!~~

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Seams posted:

what about ~~australian conditions!!~~

Well he does have a point to prove over there and in South Africa but I wouldn't bet against him succeeding.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Paul.Power posted:

Ravi has no excuse, admittedly.

I seem to recall Woakes has been padding his bowling figures with tailenders trying to hit out after big scores, rather than vital wickets when they actually matter. I could be wrong though.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

If the WC final is between Aus and NZ that'd be pretty great.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

If the WC final is between Aus and NZ that'd be pretty great.

That's my ideal outcome, after we force a Saffer choke in the semi and Australia demolish a pathetic India or England in the other.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I doubt we'd face South Africa in the QF. It'd be someone poo poo like India, Pakistan or the West Indies.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

I doubt we'd face South Africa in the QF. It'd be someone poo poo like India, Pakistan or the West Indies.

Yeah I meant semi. Also the QF terrifies me because all it takes is someone like Kohli, Misbah, Gayle having a good night and it could be all over.

edit: Afridi gone *exhale*

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 3, 2015

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
LOL. Ghostbusters theme for Sohail.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I ain't Afridi of no ghosts.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Could NZ win a world cup?? That would be hosed up imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Wow this woman's voice is like a knife in the ear.