Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

Quite lucky that the german flag has Ferrari red on it!

Remind me again what happened the last time the Italians and Germans joined forces?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

NtotheTC posted:

Remind me again what happened the last time the Italians and Germans joined forces?

Vettel won a race at Toro Rosso?

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NtotheTC posted:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Exactly, disaster.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Vettel won a race at Toro Rosso?

Exactly, disaster.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I have to admit, that's the best one he has had to date.

Countdown to Vettel unveiling another new helmet in 3.. 2.. 1..

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mclaren are actually turning laps today, guys

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
Kimi 4 seconds shitter than 4 times world champion Vettel. LOL

"DON'T TELL MY ICE CREAM WHAT I KNOW TO DO!"

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Brainwrong posted:

Kimi 4 seconds shitter than 4 times world champion Vettel. LOL

"DON'T TELL MY ICE CREAM WHAT I KNOW TO DO!"

'Leave me alone, I'm making GBS threads an icecream'

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

From the Autosport live blog:

quote:

While Alonso was approaching the chicane in the final sector, just ahead of him Kimi Raikkonen decided not to bother with the right-left-right sequence and headed for the cut-through that used to form part of the F1 layout here.
LEAVE ME ALONE I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
News just in from Sky: Lauda pisses from a penis like other human men.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'm hearing that Force India aren't testing because they don't have a tub for the cars. If so, it's not looking good for them being on the grid in Melbourne.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Why did I click and watch that. Worst thread indeed

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Jedit posted:

I'm hearing that Force India aren't testing because they don't have a tub for the cars. If so, it's not looking good for them being on the grid in Melbourne.

Sky said it was always going to be the 2014 car but they were trying to sell the drive and failed.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Jedit posted:

Great, so we'll be down to what... 8 teams for 2015? Is it third car time yet?

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
drat, I hope Force India don't go belly-up; they're my favourite underdog team. :ohdear: gently caress you Kimi DREAM CRUSHER for denying them their only ever shot at a win.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Payndz posted:

drat, I hope Force India don't go belly-up; they're my favourite underdog team. :ohdear: gently caress you Kimi DREAM CRUSHER for denying them their only ever shot at a win.

What about Nico "not as good as everyone in the Worst Thread says he is" Hulkenberg for loving it up when he had it in the bag?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Nico Hulkenberg only existed to keep the dream of Team NicoBerg alive

He was never any actual good

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The People's Champ.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

NtotheTC posted:

What about Nico "not as good as everyone in the Worst Thread says he is" Hulkenberg for loving it up when he had it in the bag?

He's a good as the thread* thinks.

*i.e. Me.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Diet Crack posted:

The People's Champ.

The only time this ever happened to Vettel was when he went to a mall in Japan and they thought he was Justin bieber.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

literally the funniest thing that could happen this year would be button winning the title

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

be nice wicka posted:

literally the funniest thing that could happen this year would be button winning the title

I think if that happened then both Alonso and Vettel would give up. Button would also retire. Leaving F1's future in the hands of Rickydickydongo and some kids with pube-beards.

Jesus.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Diet Crack posted:

The People's Champ.

He's got to do something with his time at the track. :(

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Diet Crack posted:

The People's Champ.
God, I thought for a moment that was Whitmarsh squeezing into the middle of the picture next to Alonso.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

Payndz posted:

God, I thought for a moment that was Whitmarsh squeezing into the middle of the picture next to Alonso.

And DeNiro on the left behind the red jacket bloke

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

CratSock posted:

If we do lose FIndia. It is.

For what it's worth I do know a guy at Force India with "senior" in his job title. He referred to the stories as "Shite".

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Brainwrong posted:

some kids with pube-beards

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

Dudley posted:

If we do lose FIndia. It is.

For what it's worth I do know a guy at Force India with "senior" in his job title. He referred to the stories as "Shite".

I would like to know his opinion on the driving talent's of Paul di Resta before I take his word on anything.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Fumble posted:

I would like to know his opinion on the driving talent's of Paul di Resta before I take his word on anything.

"shite"

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

CratSock posted:

The only teams that would possibly be able to run 3 cars are going to be the minted ones anyway, at this point would Mclaren even be able to do so? I doubt sauber, williams and lotus would be able to afford it unless they had someone who would cover the cost of running a 3rd car.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

track day bro! posted:

The only teams that would possibly be able to run 3 cars are going to be the minted ones anyway, at this point would Mclaren even be able to do so? I doubt sauber, williams and lotus would be able to afford it unless they had someone who would cover the cost of running a 3rd car.

Yeah, but I'd even be OK with that. It wasn't mandatory, was it? So we might have a 3rd Merc, Ferrari, Red Bull, Williams... anyone else? I don't know if a 3rd car would help or hinder McLaren with development, but I'd support it. KMag could be the constant "odd strategy tester" instead of Jenson.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Looking at the red bull running around without its front wing yesterday really interested me, if you havent seen it google around. I like the idea of banning front wings altogether and making up as much grip as possible with better tires. Of course this would cripple current cars but if it was wrapped into a new technical formula (complete with wide tires and 1000HP, and stick shift) i think it would help the series. (and reduce dumb DNFs and pit stops caused by bumping the fragile front wing

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I think the ones that have to are already nominated. I did think it was Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Looking at the red bull running around without its front wing yesterday really interested me, if you havent seen it google around. I like the idea of banning front wings altogether and making up as much grip as possible with better tires. Of course this would cripple current cars but if it was wrapped into a new technical formula (complete with wide tires and 1000HP, and stick shift) i think it would help the series. (and reduce dumb DNFs and pit stops caused by bumping the fragile front wing

I'd love to see a 1000hp F1 car trying to take the parabolica without a front wing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

I'd love to see a 1000hp F1 car trying to take the parabolica without a front wing.

Bring back ground effects and you might see this.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 3, 2015

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

I would like to see a 1000bhp ground effect f1 car hit a sausage kerb.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Brainwrong posted:

I think if that happened then both Alonso and Vettel would give up. Button would also retire. Leaving F1's future in the hands of Rickydickydongo and some kids with pube-beards.

One of the pube beards won last year's WDC so

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
They should also go back to coating everything in magnesium so we can get sick sparks off all the bumps on the tracks back when they were good and poorly finished.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

Hmm. I know the engine isn't mapped properly or anything but holy gently caress this is ragged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BwMFvF0Gfk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ukle
Nov 28, 2005

Fumble posted:

I would like to see a 1000bhp ground effect f1 car hit a sausage kerb.

Just watch any of Mark Webbers various 'Bad luck' flying episodes.

• Locked thread