Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I have to find a gif of that moment when the pencil falls from the ceiling and he catches it. That was beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
Have I missed an episode? Why is he suddenly with the cops again?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Combat Pretzel posted:

Have I missed an episode? Why is he suddenly with the cops again?

That was a repeat, the second or third episode of this season.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
:doh:

Figures, it started to become familiar.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

That was a repeat, the second or third episode of this season.

Yeah...They had a six week or more break with reruns, have two new episodes, and go back to reruns...

wtf?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Next week is new.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

So, next episode is pretty much going to be the second time they do Rear Window?

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Yes, but it looks like it's not a prank this time.

I'm excited for the two-parter - I've seen promo stills that have 3XK and his Creepy Girlfriend in custody, being questioned by C&B, and looking very pleased with themselves. That can't be good.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
This episode had to have the highest number of possible murder suspects that the show has ever done, jeez.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Really good case for this one. I got a real "Gone Girl" vibe off a lot of it.

I am jazzed for the two-parter. 3XK looking very pleased with himself = poo poo going to get real :suspense:

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
If I got one yen for each time I thought "Castle, you're insane." this episode, I'd be rich now.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I knew he was being played the moment she put her hand on his knee.

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I knew he was getting played, but I thought it was all going to be a solo plot by the wife. When Castle caught on to that exact same idea with almost half the episode left to go, I knew it would be twistier, though.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

effervescible posted:

I knew he was getting played, but I thought it was all going to be a solo plot by the wife. When Castle caught on to that exact same idea with almost half the episode left to go, I knew it would be twistier, though.

I was thinking that it was the wife's plot too, so I was glad that Castle thought of that idea early on as well.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
That episode was so twisty, I loved it! Never quite sure who to trust in this one. Especially with Cole's snotty comment to Castle about how he'd never prove it.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

How far from New York do you have to go to get no signal these days anyway?

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
And static in the phone call no less.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
Cell phones are such a pain in the rear end for writers.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I bought it; half the time when I talk to the spouse on the cell, it's all garbled and cuts out.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
New episode tonight. 3XK makes an appearance.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tide posted:

New episode tonight. 3XK makes an appearance.

You'd think the NYPD would figure out some charge to hold him on.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
That was a pretty tense episodes. And the preview for next week looks genuinely scary.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Party Plane Jones posted:

You'd think the NYPD would figure out some charge to hold him on.

Like what?

-3XK is suppose to be dead.
-The guy 3XK is pretending to be has committed no apparent crimes and is not connected to the current murder victim.
-Both of them were clearly in the Police Station when Beckett went missing.

The worst they have 3XK is trying to run from the police, but that in itself isn't something they can hold him on for longer than they did.

Tooter
Nov 12, 2003

For 3xk don't they have other tapes. His voice alone would be enough to hold that bastard on I would think.

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Tooter posted:

For 3xk don't they have other tapes. His voice alone would be enough to hold that bastard on I would think.

Eh voice comparison is actually pretty hard and while they could do it, it would take a long while. Also he already has both fingerprints and now DNA that says he's not 3XK... and getting plastic surgery to make yourself look like a serial killer isn't a crime

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
You're probably thinking to much into this. This is all just a big coincidence. In fact it's reasonable to aume the 3XK never existed in the first place. Just a series of accidents.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
Oooh, what a fun, creepy ride that was. Can't wait for next week.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I was up in the air about the episode until maybe 15 minutes were left, when Castle asked if it was him and tyson answered yes I was genuinely creeped out. The ending was perfect for a two parter can't wait for next week.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Tide posted:

He was really suspicious of Castle about his disappearance. I think there's some scenes on the cutting room floor that never made it in regarding his distrust. Or more likely, the writers haven't been too clear on his motivations.

Speaking of, did they ever explain the disappearance? It kinda feels like it's just been completely forgotten about. Even Beckett's mom would pop up every so often.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Polaron posted:

Speaking of, did they ever explain the disappearance? It kinda feels like it's just been completely forgotten about. Even Beckett's mom would pop up every so often.

Nothing yet. It seems like it's been kind of dismissed. Maybe 3XK had something to do with it?

:iiam:

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
It's been mentioned a few times but I think they're saving it up for end of season finale, and the big arc for Season 8 if there is one.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Pretty decent. I do wonder, were we supposed to think at any point during the end that the crazy doctor had actually stolen Beckett's face by the time they arrived? I mean, suspicions like that are the whole reason why you have a "I'm gonna steal your beautiful, beautiful face" monologue, but on the other hand, this whole thing is happening over the course of like a day or two and she obviously doesn't have any signs of extensive facial surgery happening at all, so it's impossible. Still, I spent the last five minutes of the episode feeling like an idiot but watching for Beckett to do something weird or to grin maliciously at the camera or something.

Also, that's such a creepy horror plot that they would never do it on a lighthearted show like Castle, even in its most serious moments.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I just realized that Michael Mosley (Jerry Tyson/3XK) plays Johnny on Sirens, which made the part where he's in charge of a girls' slumber party deeply, if inadvertently, disturbing.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Hijinks Ensue posted:

It's been mentioned a few times but I think they're saving it up for end of season finale, and the big arc for Season 8 if there is one.

It'll probably have to do with Castle's spy dad since that's one of the last threads left dangling.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Hey guys did you notice that Castle drives a Buick?!?!?! Man I wonder if I'm the only one that caught that, it was pretty subtle.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Richard Bauer.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Am I wrong for really rooting for Tyson, when Castle came into that apartment and started waving a gun around? That might be relatable in such a stressfull situation, but it was certainly messed up.

I liked Gates interpretation more. Tyson took a random guy, made him look like him and provoced Castle to assult and eventually kill an innocent man. That would be an efficient way to mess with his head. But I guess that's a little to dark.

surf rock posted:

Pretty decent. I do wonder, were we supposed to think at any point during the end that the crazy doctor had actually stolen Beckett's face by the time they arrived?.

No. I really don't think so. The camera lingered a few seconds on the bloody scalpel in before showing us who was actually holding it. But at that point it was kind of obvious what happened. Your scenario seems downright ridiculous, if you think about the effort and time it would take.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Notice that Castle also checked her hair, to make sure it wasn't a wig, like with the mid episode victim.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Did it seem strange to anyone else that after knowing they took Beckett, Cadtle didn't IMMEDIATELY do something about protecting Martha and Alexis? Castle even says that Tyson is coming after him, and I instantly thought he was gonna go after the rest of his family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
Obviously he wasn't going to pull the trigger when he had Tyson cornered in the apartment but I love seeing Fillion going dark and menacing it always reminds me of the firefly episode where he's been torture and gets free.

• Locked thread