Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

^^ No problem, we always keep a look out for our listeners who are only interested in one specific guest and nothing else.

I haven't updated with episode stuff in awhile, but we just threw up our episode on Detention up. True to form, it's an incredibly divisive movie between Jared and I (and our guest, Nick Freed of Consequence of Sound), since I absolutely love it and Jared/our guest pretty much hated it except for a few gags they begrudgingly admit work. The search continues for the one high school movie that Jared will tolerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hewlett posted:

^^ No problem, we always keep a look out for our listeners who are only interested in one specific guest and nothing else.

It has made me download other episodes because I know there are people I have never heard of. So seriously: Thank you

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Herr Tog posted:

It has made me download other episodes because I know there are people I have never heard of. So seriously: Thank you

You're right; sorry for being snippy. That's on me.

In other news, we finally took at Legend in our latest episode, which is a fabulous Pat Benatar music video starring Tom Cruise and Tim Curry as basically Satan.

On top of that, we have a rough lineup for the next three months:

quote:

February:
176 - Race with the Devil (1975)
177 - VALENTINE'S DAY: Sleepless in Seattle (1993)
178 - OSCAR SPECIAL: Birdman (2014) (w/replacement co-host since Jared can't make it this week, possibly Nathan Rabin)
179 - Young Sherlock Holmes (1985)
180 - Virtuosity (1995)
181 - ST. PATRICK'S DAY: Darby O'Gill & the Little People (1959)
182 - TBD
183 - TBD
184 - MARVEL MONTH PHASE 2: Iron Man 3 (2013)
185 - MARVEL MONTH PHASE 2: Thor the Dark World (2013)
186 - MARVEL MONTH PHASE 2: Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
187 - MARVEL MONTH PHASE 2: Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
188 - MARVEL MONTH PHASE 2: Big Hero 6 (2014)

Starting with Race with the Devil, we'll also be upping our production value with some upgraded equipment, so be sure to stay tuned next week.

Hewlett fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 29, 2015

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth

Hewlett posted:

The search continues for the one high school movie that Jared will tolerate.

This may have been brought up before and I missed it, but have you considered something more atypical? Maybe Brick, or everyone I know's favourite alt-high school movie, Heathers?

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Gertrude Perkins posted:

This may have been brought up before and I missed it, but have you considered something more atypical? Maybe Brick, or everyone I know's favourite alt-high school movie, Heathers?

Yes, I think early in the Detention episode, Nick and I bring up Brick (which I agree would be the perfect movie to break through to Jared, esp. given his love for noir), but Heathers is another interesting option I hadn't quite considered. I agree it's great, but I think there's enough similarity in tone and satirical bite to Mean Girls (which he still didn't like or think worked) that I don't hold high hopes.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky
I keep saying that Bill & Ted will be the one, but he'll probably disqualify it for having an insufficient number of scenes actually taking place in a high school.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

I almost forgot, too, since it happened later than usual this year, but the Podcast Awards nominations are up. Now, though, our fans can't nominate us for multiple categories or more than once in the entire process (instead of once a day, like people used to I think). Still, if you'd like to nominate us for Best Food/Drink Podcast, which is the ategory we usually get in, that'd be much appreciated. Thanks!

Infamous Sphere
Nov 8, 2010
Blargh oh my god yes, I have read fanfiction, in a way it's a guilty pleasure/so bad it's good thing. I can't read trashy romance though. Fanfiction..oh god..some of the anatomical limitations are..well..let's just say these women don't very much und

Hewlett posted:

Yes, I think early in the Detention episode, Nick and I bring up Brick (which I agree would be the perfect movie to break through to Jared, esp. given his love for noir), but Heathers is another interesting option I hadn't quite considered. I agree it's great, but I think there's enough similarity in tone and satirical bite to Mean Girls (which he still didn't like or think worked) that I don't hold high hopes.

What about like...a foreign high school film like We are the Best or loving Amal (I'm not really sure if they count as high school films) or the painfully awkward french movie French Kiss? I personally like Ferris Bueller, Tuff Turf is something..special, and Charlie Bartlett was great. Also, how much high school does a high school movie need in it to be a high school movie?

Also...oh man I'm looking forward to Virtuosity, that movie looked amazingly stupid.

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

^^ And oh, boy, it was.

By the way, here's our lineup for the next few months:

quote:

3/19: 182 - Battle Royale
3/26: 183 - Back to the Future
4/2: 184 - Dude, Where's My Car?
4/9: 185 - Hercules (2014)
4/16: 186 - Leaving Las Vegas
4/23: 187 - The Warriors
4/30: 188 - Sorcerer
5/7: 189 - Young Einstein
5/14: 190 - The Hand That Rocks the Cradle
5/21: 191 - The City of Lost Children
5/28: 192 - Event Horizon
6/4: 193 - Good Burger
6/11: 194 - The Raven
6/18: 195 - The Rock (1995)
6/25: 196 - A Fish Called Wanda
7/2: 197 - Food of the Gods
7/9: 198 - Dredd
7/16: 199 - Space Jam
7/23: 200 - SPECIAL 200TH MYSTERY EPISODE
7/30: 201 - Big Trouble in Little China

Can't wait for you to hear what we have in store for 200. Honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

I'm looking forward to a majority of those upcoming shows.

I was obsessed with Space Jam as a kid and when I tried watching it a couple years ago I couldn't make it through a minute. It'll be interesting to see what you guys think of it.

• Locked thread