Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

That article is interesting, Sarah makes it sound like the gov is deliberately side stepping how they managed to get DPR not because of any conspiracy bullshit but because it would be a huge tip to any future darkweb services about how law enforcement operates and attacks these problems. Which is a reasonable idea, that kind of stuff going public could let alot of illegal services cover the tracks they may not realize they are leaving right now.

I just assumed it was blatantly illegal parallel construction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

That article is interesting, Sarah makes it sound like the gov is deliberately side stepping how they managed to get DPR not because of any conspiracy bullshit but because it would be a huge tip to any future darkweb services about how law enforcement operates and attacks these problems. Which is a reasonable idea, that kind of stuff going public could let alot of illegal services cover the tracks they may not realize they are leaving right now.

i think the fbi explicitly said that what they were doing when they did that big pedo sweep a few months ago

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

sarah and other reporters keep linking to an article claiming that the captcha thing is bullshit. was that article's opinion ever confirmed by other security people

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ruby idiot railed posted:

well depends, the "no loving way that config leaked the IP" crowd was actually wrong, the config syntax and requirements are subtly different than DPR/their assumptions

and there were plenty of times the SR server leaked its own IP, including enough times that various groups found it and DDoS'd it for blackmail

however the prosecution is still dodging around that question

on the other hand technolibertarians seize upon this as if it was a trump card, it's basically freeman GOTCHA level of stupid

oh ok that's what i thought

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if you've got a source on that go ahead and send it to @sarahjeong, she seems pretty receptive on twitter and it'd be nice to see journalists acknowledge it

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

As a Millennial I posted:

if you've got a source on that go ahead and send it to @sarahjeong, she seems pretty receptive on twitter and it'd be nice to see journalists acknowledge it

we could probably just post it here and she'd see it

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

ryde posted:

Probably. His tag saying "owned by 3 mini humans" probably means that he's a parent in non-sperg language.

he's definitely got some sperg going on, but i don't think he's a villain

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

pseudorandom name posted:

buttcoin covered previous times the IP address was revealed

despite what tech reporters say "view, source" is not illegal hacking

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

buttcoin covered previous times the IP address was revealed

despite what tech reporters say "view, source" is not illegal hacking

yeah, you have to modify a url parameter before you get convicted for hacking

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

vOv posted:

yeah, you have to modify a url parameter before you get convicted for hacking

local felon discovers one weird trick to beat a rap, the federal district court of new jersey hates him!

Tiny Bug Child
Sep 11, 2004

Avoid Symmetry, Allow Complexity, Introduce Terror
weev is a literal american hero

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

also a literal nazi

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Tiny Bug Child posted:

edward snowden is a literal american hero

ftfy

weev is a white trash racist fucker

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
weev went to prison for some really heinous bullshit. it was a show trial in a kangaroo court

but weev is also a terrible human being. i'm not gonna say he deserves to be in prison, but i am gonna say that the rest of the world is probably a happier place without him in it

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

pseudorandom name posted:

parallel construction is the only move in the fed's playbook

source: /r/darknetmarkets, /r/onions

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

weev went to prison for some really heinous bullshit. it was a show trial in a kangaroo court

but weev is also a terrible human being. i'm not gonna say he deserves to be in prison, but i am gonna say that the rest of the world is probably a happier place without him in it

isn't he out now?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

yeah, just because someone has lovely opinions doesn't mean they should be in prison

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Cold on a Cob posted:

isn't he out now?

yes. the USAs in all the logical jurisdictions turned down the case, the USA that pursued it was a completely illogical jurisdiction and the appeals court said the conviction invalid because of that

i guess trial courts don't like saying that they don't have jurisdiction?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

text editor posted:

parallel construction is the only move in the fed's playbook

This but unironically, government surveillance is the only actual threat to freedom in the west.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

MORE CURLY FRIES posted:

i think he hops across from point to point in his head but can only keep one point in his head at a time

so he says things that are contradictory but doesnt realise it because hes finished saying how bitcoin is anonymous and is now saying he knows that the majority of transactions on the blockchain are charitable donations

this has to be it because his statement makes sense in that context

'bitcoin is completely anonymous' because senders don't need auth verification or anything to send and can trivially make new addresses

'most donations go to charitiessatoshidice' because charities have unchanging receive addresses probably posted on their donations page and if this is true you could trivially go look on blockchain and see the (tiny fragments of) coins going in

he just doesn't actually ever put the puzzle pieces together and realize how easy it is for people to track the coins themselves or how retarded he sounds

computer toucher posted:

$ sftp -P 22 ross@frostylaptop.silkroad.org
SFTP> put folded_paper_crane.txt
SFTP> exit

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

well, if your audience is always people who agree with you, do you really need to worry about the strength of your arguments?

friendly reminder that he said he'd never debate Paul Krugman or anyone else he perceives as anti Bitcoin.

ElectricMucus
Feb 9, 2013

TVarmy posted:

anti Bitcoin.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AntiBitcoinWatch/

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

lol this owns

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Summary:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbxaJqfAI6g

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Pyralspite
Oct 9, 2012

Faster than a speeding snail!
from the wall of text a few pages back

SynthOrange posted:

in the time that now we've had to do this and talk to Mr.Ant no louse about it and others, that there's no indication that it's actually 700,000 bitcoins, that it could be many of the same bitcoins going back and forth.

Mr.Ant no louse

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ungby/fuck_i_just_got_scammed/
gently caress, I just got scammed. (self.Bitcoin)
отправлено 4 hours ago, изменено * автор JohnSpivey

I received an email from what I thought was Coinbase letting me know that there is a new Service Agreement. I followed the link, which took me to Coinbase. I had a verification code texted to my phone and I logged in. Upon logging in, it said that ALL of my bitcoin had been transferred to a new wallet that I didn't recognize. Am I totally hosed?

This is the wallet address that it was sent to:

132Hzc6ZSwGGzoKYjMNfD8i4kQL2v2Gena

After I realized I had been scammed, I went back to my email to check that email that I clicked through to and it was sent from this link.

posteconferma894470@postel.it

This was REALLY stupid of me as I should have checked and I have NEVER fallen for something like this in the past, but it looked so legit and I remember a post that someone made here recently about Coinbase having a new service agreement so I blindly followed through.

gently caress.

Edit 1: I am in touch with Coinbase and they have disabled the thieves API. They are still looking through the matter. Thanks for all the posts.

JohnSpivey [S] 21 очко 3 hours ago
If anyone is curious what the email looks like, I have taken a screen shot and uploaded to Imgur.

apparently it was actually an app using their api: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2uo8wb/a_message_from_the_coinbase_security_team/

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Don't DPR's own chat logs, diary entries, etc mention that the server was leaking it's IP a bunch of times?

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

ahahaha an api that allows for phishing attempts that's loving priceless

how much venture capital do these people have again

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Stanley Pain posted:

Don't DPR's own chat logs, diary entries, etc mention that the server was leaking it's IP a bunch of times?

Those parts of the logs were planted there by the FBI via the open bittorrent port to aid their parallel construction.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Stanley Pain posted:

ya i think he says the server is getting dosed outside of tor so that means someone is dosing the ip

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2ungby/fuck_i_just_got_scammed/
gently caress, I just got scammed. (self.Bitcoin)
отправлено 4 hours ago, изменено * автор JohnSpivey

I received an email from what I thought was Coinbase letting me know that there is a new Service Agreement. I followed the link, which took me to Coinbase. I had a verification code texted to my phone and I logged in. Upon logging in, it said that ALL of my bitcoin had been transferred to a new wallet that I didn't recognize. Am I totally hosed?

This is the wallet address that it was sent to:

132Hzc6ZSwGGzoKYjMNfD8i4kQL2v2Gena

After I realized I had been scammed, I went back to my email to check that email that I clicked through to and it was sent from this link.

posteconferma894470@postel.it

This was REALLY stupid of me as I should have checked and I have NEVER fallen for something like this in the past, but it looked so legit and I remember a post that someone made here recently about Coinbase having a new service agreement so I blindly followed through.

gently caress.

Edit 1: I am in touch with Coinbase and they have disabled the thieves API. They are still looking through the matter. Thanks for all the posts.

JohnSpivey [S] 21 очко 3 hours ago
If anyone is curious what the email looks like, I have taken a screen shot and uploaded to Imgur.

apparently it was actually an app using their api: https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2uo8wb/a_message_from_the_coinbase_security_team/

I'm the so-legit-lookin Aplication and Applicationi

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

http://www.reddit.com/r/butthurtcoin

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Snapchat A Titty posted:

ya i think he says the server is getting dosed outside of tor so that means someone is dosing the ip

wouldn't it be funny if the MEN WITH GUNS were DOSing him to check if he was DPR and the IP was SR? :laugh:

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

i'm the free bitcoin

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
is the plural bitcoins or bitscoin?

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Poopy Palpy posted:

Those parts of the logs were planted there by the FBI via the open bittorrent port to aid their parallel construction.
no they werent, dont be an idiot

they were obviously spontaneously generated by random noise in the ram when the fbi turned his computer off and on, duh

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Beast of Bourbon posted:

is the plural bitcoins or bitscoin?

bitscon

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

kalensc posted:

I'm the so-legit-lookin Aplication and Applicationi

it's italian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

duTrieux. posted:

it's italian

"If you still want to use our coinbase app will have to accept" is also fun and clearly professional

• Locked thread