Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BrianWilly posted:

Is the Nerdist a reliable news source? For a company that didn't even allow Ted Kord onto Arrow for god knows whatever editorial reason, I can't imagine DC Entertainment would allow a wheelchair-bound Barbara Gordon to be Oracle after the entire assfortress of fuss they kicked up to make her Batgirl again.

That is, of course, assuming that one hand of DC knows what the other is doing, which is always a risky assumption at best.

Meh, I think the tv and film division of DC actively don't give a gently caress about that anymore. Flash is going to be in the eventual Justice League movie and he isn't going to be played by the guy from the Flash tv show. I doubt Batman will show up in Teen Titans but with both Nightwing and Oracle his name is bound to come up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The rumor was that Arrow couldn't use Ted because they have plans for him, not just because he's not the current Beetle or anything.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Aphrodite posted:

The rumor was that Arrow couldn't use Ted because they have plans for him, not just because he's not the current Beetle or anything.

Ah that's cool, a bit weird though since it seems like there would be serious overlap with what they are already doing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Atom suit.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Well. First impression... not worse than Deathlok.

Second thoughts: The helmet and lack of mask is the weakest thing. Why wouldn't he hide his face? Is this confirmed real?

ToastyPotato fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Feb 3, 2015

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

Why wouldn't he hide his face?

It is hard to recognize the face of someone who is like super far away and/or super tiny.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I just realized how hilarious the Heroes reboot is for comics fans.

They're calling it Heroes Reborn.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Anyone want to go catch some roller derby?

Oh, no, wait, that's The Atom.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Guy A. Person posted:

It is hard to recognize the face of someone who is like super far away and/or super tiny.

He's not shrinking on this show, allegedly, and if he was going to be sniping people with energy beams he wouldn't need a suit of armor. Unless they are pulling an Iron Man even more fully by having him be publicly known as The Atom.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ToastyPotato posted:

Is Ted Kord even in the comics? I feel like there was a brief Kord cameo in one of the Justice League comics, but I don't know if that spun off into anything. I actually am not sure what happened to Blue Beetle post New52. It could have been that they didn't want to completely and utterly different Blue Beetles out there or something.

Ted is currently guest-starring (or co-starring, who knows how long he'll be appearing) in Justice League 3000 along with Booster Gold, so yeah he's in comics.

Oh god that's so bad. It looks like Palmer Technologies went bankrupt before Ray could get all the parts together and he just had to strap all the pieces of armor he had together onto some spandex and hope for the best. And then there's the helmet, oh god, that visor is just miserable. I get that the CW isn't Marvel Studios and can't put together an Iron Man suit, but wow I just really don't think it works; I wasn't a fan of Laurel's new Canary uniform, but that is 1000x better than this.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Man it's really funny how the opinions of that suit are diametrically opposed between here and the TV forum.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Oh god that's so bad. It looks like Palmer Technologies went bankrupt before Ray could get all the parts together and he just had to strap all the pieces of armor he had together onto some spandex and hope for the best. And then there's the helmet, oh god, that visor is just miserable. I get that the CW isn't Marvel Studios and can't put together an Iron Man suit, but wow I just really don't think it works; I wasn't a fan of Laurel's new Canary uniform, but that is 1000x better than this.

I can't disagree enough... barring the visor, which yeah, could be better. Like, on a CW budget, that suit looks really solid, especially considering Routh and the stuntguys will have to, y'know, move around in it. (The Iron Man suit in the movies is about 70% CG for that reason, otherwise RDJ would be completely immobile). And the Canary outfit is a nice compromise between a classic look, and something practical and non-objectifying. (I have a soft spot for the fishnets, but mostly because, like the Power Girl boob window, all the attempts to 'fix' it are usually either ugly, or offensively bland.)

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah I like that suit. It's got some great designs.

Skwirl posted:

Meh, I think the tv and film division of DC actively don't give a gently caress about that anymore. Flash is going to be in the eventual Justice League movie and he isn't going to be played by the guy from the Flash tv show. I doubt Batman will show up in Teen Titans but with both Nightwing and Oracle his name is bound to come up.
That's not quite what I mean though. They don't mind having two Flashes if they're both Barry Allens, sure, but what DC had the mindset of -- and what they still do as far as we know -- is that there shouldn't be all these different characters running around as Batgirls or Flashes or Green Arrows because it dilutes their brands, and so they had a period of resetting absolutely everything back to its most iconic state, which meant Barbara Gordon was Batgirl, full-stop, no ifs or butts. I don't remotely like that they did this, but it made its own sad kind of business sense, and at the least they had a clear vision of what they wanted and stuck to their guns.

It just seems strange to me that they would outright swap out a minor C-list character in their most popular TV show at the time for a rather tenuous reason (as Aphrodite says, supposedly because they had other plans for Ted Kord, but what, exactly?) and then allow Barbara to be Oracle in flagrant opposition to their own brand direction.

Which is why I wonder if this is a reliable source or if it's just a foiler of some kind. Or, alternatively, we can't discount that the DC/WB machine is being run by a flock of pigeons pecking at multiple keyboards...but I'd hoped that its TV division, at least, had things a little better handled. :v:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

zoux posted:

Man it's really funny how the opinions of that suit are diametrically opposed between here and the TV forum.

I dunno, it kind of sounds like most people really like it and then a few people think it's completely awful for one reason or another. I like the "I get that they're not Marvel" point too, considering they're responsible for Deathlok's "costume".

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

feedmyleg posted:

Goofy helmet aside, it looks awesome.
Somewhat reminicent of Iron Man's armor though.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
I like it overall--I just think the faceplate should seal in the face (still clear), not leave it open at the bottom (but I understand why they left it like that). Maybe there's a version for when he's investigating footprints on brains.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Feb 3, 2015

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's okay, though the nonfunctional wire ropes are a really dumb look.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's an exoskeleton, not a suit.

Gaz-L posted:

I can't disagree enough... barring the visor, which yeah, could be better. Like, on a CW budget, that suit looks really solid, especially considering Routh and the stuntguys will have to, y'know, move around in it. (The Iron Man suit in the movies is about 70% CG for that reason, otherwise RDJ would be completely immobile). And the Canary outfit is a nice compromise between a classic look, and something practical and non-objectifying. (I have a soft spot for the fishnets, but mostly because, like the Power Girl boob window, all the attempts to 'fix' it are usually either ugly, or offensively bland.)

Her bodysuit (which you normally don't see, but could in the last episode when they were stitching her arm) has a fishnet like texture.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 3, 2015

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Well yeah, I know it's not gonna be Iron Man, but... I don't know, I guess I just have an idea in my head about what power armor should be and that is nowhere near it. It just doesn't seem... armor-y enough. (I mean, he's got great big portions that are unarmored even though I guess they could just say the red undersuit is Bullshit-anium that is super-strong) I guess I'm really just letting the lack of a proper helmet get to me. I mean, I know it's easier (and way cheaper) to film Routh's actual face than to do an Iron Man-style in-helmet shot of Routh with HUDs and poo poo, but man... it's armor, man, wear a drat helmet.

Oh and I should've phrased my Canary complaint better. I actually really am okay with the new outfit except that blonde wig looks awful on Laurel.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's probably going to have hard light forcefields.

...I guess he's not just Ted Kord and Ray Palmer, now he's a Green Lantern too.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

ToastyPotato posted:

He's not shrinking on this show, allegedly, and if he was going to be sniping people with energy beams he wouldn't need a suit of armor.

Oh he's not?? So what, he is just going to be like slightly stronger and maybe shoot beams, like Booster Gold basically? Why the heck use the Atom then?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

Oh he's not?? So what, he is just going to be like slightly stronger and maybe shoot beams, like Booster Gold basically? Why the heck use the Atom then?

Because they couldn't use Ted Kord, but they already had their stories planned out.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Guy A. Person posted:

I will bet a nickel that the ATOM gets shrinking powers in the future, especially if Ant Man proves to be a hit.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
God I hope somebody says "Up and Atom!"

Up and At Them!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

redbackground posted:

Up and At Them!

Now I wish the suit had goggles in them.

For no reason.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

redbackground posted:

No they're using Atom not Atom Ant.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

redbackground posted:

Up and At Them!

Up & Let's Go!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Daredevil teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ3yXDFvybA

I wonder if he's ever going to don the red.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

zoux posted:

Daredevil teaser:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZ3yXDFvybA

I wonder if he's ever going to don the red.

He'll wear the yellow costume, actually.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also, here's an interview with Charlie about what he read to get ready and how they're shot some of the super power stuff.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

BrianWilly posted:

It just seems strange to me that they would outright swap out a minor C-list character in their most popular TV show at the time for a rather tenuous reason (as Aphrodite says, supposedly because they had other plans for Ted Kord, but what, exactly?) and then allow Barbara to be Oracle in flagrant opposition to their own brand direction.

I suppose Nerdist could be off a bit, and Oracle is indeed a member, but instead of Barbara, it's Felicity. :haw:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

In tonight's Flash post credits we got our first look at GRODD. Watch Flash people!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

feedmyleg posted:

Hahaha, that looks like horseshit.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

He looks kinda like NFL SuperPro

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Dacap posted:

He looks kinda like NFL SuperPro

I was thinking of X-O Manowar.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Dacap posted:

In tonight's Flash post credits we got our first look at GRODD. Watch Flash people!

Second look, actually. :spergin:

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Trailer for Daredevil

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/02/03/daredevil-teaser-trailer-exclusive-debut

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

feedmyleg posted:

RetardCop

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Looks like they might be taking some bits from the Man Without Fear mini, which is fine by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

Looks like they might be taking some bits from the Man Without Fear mini, which is fine by me.

Charlie Cox said that was one of the runs he read in prep for the role.

Unrelated but there's a guy that posts on the AV club with that exact avatar, is it you?