Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
My day one picks weren't great. I was annoyed that I got killed early despite posting hard but looking back I didn't do a ton of scumhunting. Thanks for the game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Thanks for running the game! I did feel really bad that my activity on d4 (I think). I had a ridiculous week and if it had been an earlier day I would have preemptively replaced.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Oh yeah, I do the MVP thing.

Town MVP would be...Asiina for vigging scum and then being a large part of the reason town lynched scum later on. I'm tempted to say Byers here because he was really townie but it was the exact wrong way to play his role lol

Scum MVP would be TT for pulling out a win, of course, with that ballsy ridiculous BP survivor claim after a survivor had already flipped.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
Thanks for the game, Diq!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Thanks for the game Diqnol.

TT's biggest strength as scum is definitely his ability to come up with crazy claims that get him the win.

I was disappointed by the lurking, particularly from scum. Not just in this game. It is definitely becoming a viable strategy because of our tolerance for lurking and I hope the community can do something about it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Also, just to brag a little, my alignment calls on D4. 14 players and I got everyone's alignment right except LM.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Since I'm at -2 already, my thoughts on everyone.

Allen - not posting a lot, but seems to be thinking about things, was on merk early - town
Amoeba - active and consistent - town
Asiina - her frustration at the no lynch seemed genuine, and then she vigged merk - definitely town
CT - I dont see her and merk doing an early and unnecessary bus on each other - town
Dugong - scum, I've made a case on him earlier
Juanito - not a lot of content but what he has seems good, leaning town
KFC - consistent play, engaged in the thread - town
LM - not even bothering to play - scum
PMom - I think his posts are snipey and seem to be from the sidelines. Feels like he is trying to discredit things more than talk about his opinion - unsure, leaning scum
Rarity - giving me bad feelings, thought her D2 reasons for considering players scum was bad and the cases she made on those players also pretty terrible, wouldn't comment on LM - leaning scum
TT - his stuff with Amoeba is weird - leaning scum
Derp - I dont see that as a scum role, but he's playing poo poo - unsure
WO - lots of posts, consistent play, good play on merk - town
YPM - I've changed my mind a few times on YPM but I'm leaning town. Seems less poo poo post-y than normal, like he believes he has a good case and is following through

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

True and Real posted:

-Rarity played lights out this game. She withheld her kill for loving ever and it very nearly paid off big, but in the end it seems to have backfired. Give her a hand for an excellent try!

I figured if the SK showed up again after I was jailed by derp then it would be way too obvious that I was responsible so my best shot was withholding so that everyone thought it was Byers. In the end I think there were just two things that cost me the game. The first was Juanito getting NKd cause it took away my safety net for a lynch target at the final 5. The other one was the setup spec. Everyone had convinced me it was a 5 scum game so my votes on Asii and Chic were trying to get scum to hammer so I could surprise them with another night phase.

Taste's fakeclaim was really bad and nobody should have fallen for it.

Thanks for the great game, diqnol! My favourite I've ever played in!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Rarity posted:

Taste's fakeclaim was really bad and nobody should have fallen for it.

Or him voting for Winged Orpheus when - if anyone was paying attention to confirmed information - was confirmed town by KFC and's results and Dugong's flip. Or him saying "We should no lynch, buuut if you guys wanna lynch someone I'll vote". Well played by TT to get them following along.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amoeba102 posted:

Or him voting for Winged Orpheus when - if anyone was paying attention to confirmed information - was confirmed town by KFC and's results and Dugong's flip. Or him saying "We should no lynch, buuut if you guys wanna lynch someone I'll vote". Well played by TT to get them following along.

Personally I worked out he was scum when he did such a poo poo job of defending our vote on Asiina

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Go to the LOTR thread, you have a hide test!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Amoeba102 posted:

Go to the LOTR thread, you have a hide test!

I saw I'm trying to figure out how to not be boned :(

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

everything i put is internally consistent with 3p not paying attention~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
jk I'm back.

TT was still my #1 scum pick but remember that Chic had absolutely nothing going for her other than merk's early game pressure, which doesn't really mean much since I could see merk saying "hi I'm going to bus you, get ready to deal with it". Nothing Chic did all game made her town.

No lynching was still the best course whether TT was scum or not, I just never thought someone would seriously just show up and vote without giving even the slightest bit of consideration and thought to it.

WO also wasn't confirmed town since we don't know what anybody's role was. She was very unlikely to be scum because Dugong targeted her the night there was no nightkill, but I was also jailed that night and I suspected I was the NK from the night before (which I was) so they could have tried again the next night.

Nobody end game was confirmed town or confirmed scum, just people who had varying amounts of town cred.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Personally I worked out he was scum when he did such a poo poo job of defending our vote on Asiina

Maybe because it was a bad vote~

Winged Orpheus
May 21, 2010

Domine, Dirige Nos
Just for the record, I'm a dude.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am sad I had to replace out due to IRL poo poo, but I am glad my replacement came and saw victory. I still mostly followed along, was a good read. Good game to all.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Asiina posted:

jk I'm back.

TT was still my #1 scum pick but remember that Chic had absolutely nothing going for her other than merk's early game pressure, which doesn't really mean much since I could see merk saying "hi I'm going to bus you, get ready to deal with it". Nothing Chic did all game made her town.

No lynching was still the best course whether TT was scum or not, I just never thought someone would seriously just show up and vote without giving even the slightest bit of consideration and thought to it.

WO also wasn't confirmed town since we don't know what anybody's role was. She was very unlikely to be scum because Dugong targeted her the night there was no nightkill, but I was also jailed that night and I suspected I was the NK from the night before (which I was) so they could have tried again the next night.

Nobody end game was confirmed town or confirmed scum, just people who had varying amounts of town cred.

What is the chance that a scum role is targeting other scum? You'd be best betting on WO as town. Same as why I had you and WO on my confirmed list because the chances you were scum were trivial.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
There are a couple of roles scum could have that would make them target each other and since flips had no information I couldn't be sure it wasn't one of those. Especially since that night there were other things that could have stopped the kill on people with town cred.

WO was definitely my least likely scum pick of the people left by a wide margin, but he was not completely cleared. It was a complicated game and there were a lot of variables.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I was really disappointed that no one went back and looked at the votes. TT didn't vote for Dugong or PMom, and I'm pretty sure he was the only player that didn't. Everyone else voted for at least one of them

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I was really disappointed that no one went back and looked at the votes. TT didn't vote for Dugong or PMom, and I'm pretty sure he was the only player that didn't. Everyone else voted for at least one of them

And Chic did basically nothing but emptyvote after merk died.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

It's why my claim was dependent on me never voting for a leader, which actually happened

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Good job, Taste!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Good job, Taste!

Good job, Chic!

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Good job, Diqnol!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
thanks for the game dicknawl

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Scum doc anyone?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13bLjdAUXKS572LQPLq9bLM6yA71h6XzvhnDbiJZvNqE/edit

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
I'm bitter about some of the modding decisions (mostly because there were so many points of failure in that interaction and it doesn't seem like the timing issue at the crux of it was well communicated even to LM) -- that've already been discussed and also mad because lurker lynching should not be the most accurate way to find scum. It makes for a wildly unsatisfying experience.

That said, thanks for the game Diq, and GG scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The scum mostly lurking to a victory kind of sucked, but I am at least happy that my death spiraled the town out of control for awhile trying to figure out who was scum based on my content.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The shittiest of bad luck for me when, on the ONE TIME I do something loving useful as a power role, I also ended up dead N1. BOOOOO.

Also, Dugong didn't list any of his scum partners in his list of thoughts on folks before his cuddle, I thought FOR SURE people would see that.

Grats to TT and hope you guys had fun, I was only marginally paying attention after being axed on N1 like a month ago haha

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Little Mac posted:

Good job, Diqnol!

Why did you describe your own power wrong?! :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?