Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Davfff posted:

skytv ran an experiment where they literally fed a senile labrador suffering from distemper a dozen rotten eggs and left it in the commentary box for half an hour during the recent pakistan ODI, to see if anyone could tell the difference between the labrador and mark richardson.

it didn't go to plan when the labrador loving shat everywhere, shed all over the seats and then pissed itself but no one watching TV noticed and scott styris decided he liked the dog better than richardson and asked to make the switch permenant.

but richardson had an ironclad contract so they let the fucker back in.

We never got NZ cricket scat fanfic in the old thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008
you say that like its a bad thing

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Davfff posted:

skytv ran an experiment where they literally fed a senile labrador suffering from distemper a dozen rotten eggs and left it in the commentary box for half an hour during the recent pakistan ODI, to see if anyone could tell the difference between the labrador and mark richardson.

it didn't go to plan when the labrador loving shat everywhere, shed all over the seats and then pissed itself but no one watching TV noticed and scott styris decided he liked the dog better than richardson and asked to make the switch permenant.

but richardson had an ironclad contract so they let the fucker back in.

You're really normal.

Davfff
Oct 27, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You're really normal.

and your posts are tip top awesome :)

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

This is cool.

exmachina
Mar 12, 2006

Look Closer
gently caress the haters rigor rules OK

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

exmachina posted:

gently caress the haters rigor rules OK

I've got some mark richardson based dog poo poo fan fiction that says otherwise.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Women are vile.

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Lots of poo poo posting around with this poo poo one day cricket tournament on, need a return to proper cricket and the normal high brow discussion we have around here

Shaun Marsh is shittits

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Lionel Richie posted:

Women are vile.

i know where youre coming from, ive met english girls too

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I feel like there is a lot of anger in this glorious new thread. Caused by women it seems.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
KP is going to be on the TMS World Cup rota for the finals.

Obviously they feel the need to add more ego to the box in order to compete with sky.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
To continue the commentary theme, TMS have got Pieterson in the team for the world cup.

e:fb. It's only from the quarter finals onwards though, so England will be long gone by then.

lotharr
Dec 24, 2003

Sorry Mark, we have no idea what's wrong with your KERS mate...

Lungboy posted:

To continue the commentary theme, TMS have got Pieterson in the team for the world cup.

e:fb. It's only from the quarter finals onwards though, so England will be long gone by then.

He wasn't the worst of the lot on Ten for the Big Bash - jeeze I can't stand his laugh though.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
One day someone needs to set up a commentary team of Warne, Pietersen and Danny Morrison

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Scylo posted:

One day someone needs to set up a commentary team of Warne, Pietersen and Danny Morrison

I know you are trying for "shittest ever commentary" here, but when actual partnerships of Healy, Brayshaw and Nicholas, and Shastri, Gavaskar, and Dean Jones exist, you are going to have to try a bit harder.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Eh I don't mind most NZ commentators. Styris has an annoying voice but I've never really got the dislike for Doull, he's no Richie Benaud but he's solid enough imo. Smithy is fat and seems a bit smug but he's a decent enough commentator.

As someone who watches a ton of football it has to be said that former cricket players are far better at commentary than they are.

NIGARS
Sep 12, 2004

yeah nigars
Doull is a oval office though.

NIGARS fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Feb 5, 2015

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

NIGARS posted:

Doull is a oval office though.

Forums poster NIGARS has strong feelings about Simon Doull.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Doull loving sucks rear end. He talks endlessly about poo poo he doesn't know dick about and he constantly fucks up the most important part of being a cricket commentator; calling the cricket.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

RideTheSpiral posted:

Forums poster NIGARS has strong feelings about Simon Doull.

Forums poster NIGARS has psychotic ex-goth, now turned insane "feminist" blogger Chloe as his forums avatar.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Doull loving sucks rear end. He talks endlessly about poo poo he doesn't know dick about and he constantly fucks up the most important part of being a cricket commentator; calling the cricket.

He's on TV, it's much less important to actually call the cricket when the viewer can see what's going on.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Wandle Cax posted:

He's on TV, it's much less important to actually call the cricket when the viewer can see what's going on.

If anyone has ever watched Australian football they will know just how retarded commentary can be.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wandle Cax posted:

It's still important because 1. The viewer sees a single camera while the commentators have access to everything and 2. Not everyone who watches sport is an expert who knows the consequences of every play. Cricket is one of those games that is especially difficult to master a complete understanding of every rule.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Our kit for the World Cup has been revealed

ENGLAND

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Maybe we will be more cool and good with Helvetica.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I say it every time, England should not wear blue. It's no wonder they're poo poo when they're dressed like Scotland.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

RideTheSpiral posted:

If anyone has ever watched Australian football they will know just how retarded commentary can be.
This is extremely true, they've hit new unfathomable lows in the last couple of years

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Pray to your chosen god that Brian Taylor never takes up cricket commentary

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Doctor Cave posted:

Pray to your chosen god that Brian Taylor never takes up cricket commentary

OH BOY WOWWEE IT'S A CHAOS BALL FROM LYON, THE L MAN. HE'S GOT A LION HEART THIS BIG BOY HAHAHA DID YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Lionel Richie posted:

I say it every time, England should not wear blue. It's no wonder they're poo poo when they're dressed like Scotland.
They seemed to do well at the 2012 Olympics in the Team GB blue.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Josh Lyman posted:

They seemed to do well at the 2012 Olympics in the Team GB blue.

That was less the shirts and more David Brasilford's magical mystery formula

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They should wear white. So the ball is camouflaged against them.

They might win then.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
England Lions aren't playing a bowler under the age of 26.

Well, apart from Stokes, who isn't bowling.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

JingleBells posted:

Our kit for the World Cup has been revealed

ENGLAND
It's an improvement over Waitrose, at least (even if that is still on the shoulder)

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

Frogmanv2 posted:

OH BOY WOWWEE IT'S A CHAOS BALL FROM LYON, THE L MAN. HE'S GOT A LION HEART THIS BIG BOY HAHAHA DID YOU SEE WHAT I DID THERE

Sounds a lot like brawshaw

HE'S A MASSIVE MAN

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

nzspambot posted:

HE'S A MASSIVE MAN

They're from the same school of boofhead Aussie bloke commentating, ie yelling like you're drunk with your dickhead mates.

HE'S GOT THE DUKES OUT

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
England Lions: still not very good.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Spedman posted:

They're from the same school of boofhead Aussie bloke commentating, ie yelling like you're drunk with your dickhead mates.

HE'S GOT THE DUKES OUT

Yeah good call there darce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

nzspambot posted:

HE'S A MASSIVE MAN

Would it shock you to learn that they commentated on the same radio station for years