Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Sulman posted:

For Christ's sake what the gently caress is wrong with these people

I know! Clearly they should have done billiard ball helmet designs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

anyway can we guess which oil-rich nation has purchased manor?

i say canada

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
Equatorial Guinea F1

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

be nice wicka posted:

i say canada

Nope. The economy has bottomed out here and the oil companies are starting mass layoffs.

BAD AT STUFF
May 10, 2012

We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because fuck you.

be nice wicka posted:

i say canada

Turkmenistan

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Nope. The economy has bottomed out here and the oil companies are starting mass layoffs.

Suncor F1 - the car is a lifted bro truck on mud tires with stack exhausts and a smoke tune running pure uncut bitumen.

Pi Mu Rho
Apr 25, 2007

College Slice

be nice wicka posted:

Scotland.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

how amazing would it be if they got regular investment from a regular investor and just ran as a classic british privateer

yes i know i'm retarded

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Azerbaijan

It will be renamed as Team Europe

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Guys, I'm feeling the energy starting to get a little negative in here.

Let's all try better to help Lewis in his time of need. After all, the recent dissolution of his possibly sham on-again-off-again relationship is pretty much as bad as being in a vegetative state for life. I know it's the Worst Thread, but show some compassion.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The only thing negative in here is McLaren's title chances.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

poty posted:

Azerbaijan

It will be renamed as Team Europe

Team Azerbaijan: Land of Fire Formula 1 Team

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Riso posted:

Alonso might suck at testing but that is not really an excuse when you have other drivers around for feedback.

I think the gist of the story was during testing Alonso said "yea it's fine" and then during the season he complains about the car not being setup right. Alonso was the obvious talent at Ferrari so during testing I"m sure they would have listened to him over Kimi, who isn't exactly famous for being wordy.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Wasn't it just last year Alonso was almost openly mocking the car?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Manor was probably bought by the Dubai police department so it can do double duty as a patrol car.

It'll probably be their slowest vehicle though.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Dynamite Dog posted:

Wasn't it just last year Alonso was almost openly mocking the car?

Still better than when he accused Renault of sabotaging him. Ah, old Alonso.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Team cancer. Ferrari went into decline while he was here. Glad we've got a real champion now.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

dreesemonkey posted:

I think the gist of the story was during testing Alonso said "yea it's fine" and then during the season he complains about the car not being setup right. Alonso was the obvious talent at Ferrari so during testing I"m sure they would have listened to him over Kimi, who isn't exactly famous for being wordy.

mclaren have button though so they are clearly fine in this department. i think they only areas they really have to worry about are having a fast chassis and an engine that doesn't break. otherwise they're set for the title. even got rid of sam michael.

Sulman
Apr 29, 2003

What did you do that for?

CratSock posted:

Still better than when he accused Renault of sabotaging him. Ah, old Alonso.

I think both him and Vettel will probably benefit hugely from a change of scene. It just happens to have been easier for Vettel. So far.

I was thinking that I don't know of another multiple world champ that basically had a year where he couldn't be arsed, straight after winning. His team didn't care either, largely because of Ricciardo. It must have been a strange environment.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Brainwrong posted:

The liveries of 2015 in billiard balls.

Well done reddit, well done.
So do you pot the "44" ball at the end of the game?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

i really wonder why honda are having so many issues with the engine breaking literally the second they roll out of the garage. that doesn't seem a lot more stressful than just firing up the car in the factory and cranking up the throttle.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Hopefully this tragic break-up means Lewis starts crashing into Massa again.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

CratSock posted:

Guys, I'm feeling the energy starting to get a little negative in here.

Let's all try better to help Lewis in his time of need. After all, the recent dissolution of his possibly sham on-again-off-again relationship is pretty much as bad as being in a vegetative state for life. I know it's the Worst Thread, but show some compassion.

#keepfuckingnicole

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

be nice wicka posted:

i really wonder why honda are having so many issues with the engine breaking literally the second they roll out of the garage. that doesn't seem a lot more stressful than just firing up the car in the factory and cranking up the throttle.

It also runs a McLaren ECU and they still can't get it to work. Its not hard to simulate the kind of systems the car would run while its still on the stand in the factory so somebody hosed up badly. I could see it overheating and they just misjudged the cooling requirements in the car or they didn't realize chassis stress changed something. But they fundamentally can't get an engine to run in the car it was specifically designed to run in.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tsaedje posted:

Are they taking on Jos "the boss" Verstappen as team principal? Or maybe hoping to tempt Niki away from mercedes?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Jedit posted:

#keepfuckingnicole

#oldwomenforlewis

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Hope Lewis gets himself a Russian mail order girlfriend.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
McLaren should have gone for a British engine manufacturer, like Bentley or Land Rover

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

They're bringing back refuelling?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Vettel on record saying he will stick to the helmet design!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

poty posted:

McLaren should have gone for a British engine manufacturer, like Bentley or Land Rover
You mean a German or Indian manufacturer?

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Alain Post posted:

Team cancer. Ferrari went into decline while he was here. Glad we've got a real champion now.

I did the math, and apparently Vettel has twice as many WDC's as Alonso. Looks like the loving Faggots From Maranello are back on track :italy:

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

they fundamentally can't get an engine to run in the car it was specifically designed to run in.

God this is painful to watch. McLaren, get your poo poo together already. It would be beyond glorious if Ron was trolling everyone by intentionally rolling out a piece of poo poo every day, and then bringing the REAL car to Melbourne. (which would actually be one that works and drives and doesn't break immediately)

jazzyhattrick posted:

Are they taking on Jos "the boss" Verstappen as team principal?

Still the man with the coolest nickname.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

You mean a German or Indian manufacturer?

:thejoke:

CratSock posted:

God this is painful to watch. McLaren, get your poo poo together already. It would be beyond glorious if Ron was trolling everyone by intentionally rolling out a piece of poo poo every day, and then bringing the REAL car to Melbourne. (which would actually be one that works and drives and doesn't break immediately)

If only they could. But with testing being what it is, and Ron being Ron, there's not a chance he'd send out a car that hasn't seen tarmac to a race, unfortunately.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
:lol: Sky Sports F1 is saying that Marussia is going to exit administration in a couple weeks and are still planning on racing at Austalia.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

keevo posted:

Austalia.

I miss those cool Austalia liveries from rally racing.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

keevo posted:

:lol: Sky Sports F1 is saying that Marussia is going to exit administration in a couple weeks and are still planning on racing at Austalia.

yes they've been linked with an investment group led by the former ceo of tesco

is it 12 hours ago

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

keevo posted:

They've still got better odds of making it to Melbourne than Force India.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006

gret posted:

They've still got better odds of making it to Melbourne than Force India.

What would they run? Even if last years car wasnt auctioned off it was basically a 2013 car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Keep in mind that Haas bought their base and some of their equipment. They don't have a car that meets the 2015 requirements and probably don't have enough equipment to put the car together at Melbourne.

Unless the spirit of Jules Bianchi is enough...

• Locked thread