Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Gaz-L posted:

I love the Last Ride because it's dumb (he's lifting them by their pants!) and logical (a power bomb hurts, so a power bomb from EVEN HIGHER will hurt more!) at the same time. Like most of the best things in wrestling.

I hated the Last Ride at the time, if only because the Tombstone is so much better. I can appreciate the Last Ride more now though, since we've had so many Play of the Day type finishers since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

the wedgie adds to the devestation

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

triplexpac posted:

I hated the Last Ride at the time, if only because the Tombstone is so much better. I can appreciate the Last Ride more now though, since we've had so many Play of the Day type finishers since.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the Last Ride except for that it replaced an iconic great finisher. I'd be all for giving it to someone else.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Thauros posted:

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with the Last Ride except for that it replaced an iconic great finisher. I'd be all for giving it to someone else.

Well, Albert was using it as a finisher before Taker.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
paging rovert http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2uobkb/new_gimmick_for_kalisto/

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Wait... Jimmy and Jey have been gaining weight recently, and now this?

Did I just hear myself say... THREE MINUTES?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

That reads like it's a WWE Mad Libs or something.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

triplexpac posted:

I mean when you consider how much the Tombstone hosed Undertaker's knees I could see why he took the opportunity to do a move that was less hell on them

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean when you consider how much the Tombstone hosed Undertaker's knees I could see why he took the opportunity to do a move that was less hell on them

Except for all the extra weight of another person that he had to support lifting people over his head. That couldn't have helped his knees much.

Should've just kept the Dragon Sleeper.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

excuse me but i believe you're actually referring to the Taker Care of Business

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Lol no way

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

There is no way that the dude hired specifically to get that mask money is going to become a flippity Zohan.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Apr 11, 2023

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Charles Gnarwin posted:

There is no way that the dude hired specifically to get that mask money is going to become a flippity Zohan.

Zohan was very straight in fact he had sex with every single lady whose hair he cut

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Mob posted:

Zohan was very straight in fact he had sex with every single lady whose hair he cut

except for one because he was unable to get a boner after falling in love

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

Bikertaker was so cool that, for one brief shining moment, he made Kid Rock and Limp Bizkit cool.

That's a gimmick they could've only done in the early 00's, and it would've failed miserably if Mark Calaway wasn't such a gifted performer 100% dedicated to his character.

My father, to his dying days, would always bring up the time Bikertaker drug Hulk Hogan on the back of his motorcycle when someone mentioned wrestling. Therefore Bikertaker was the greatest ever.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mob posted:

except for one because he was unable to get a boner after falling in love

I liked the part where he used hummus for things.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA gently caress you.

EDIT: not you Pie, you're cool, I mean the guy who posted this to reddit.

Nerokerubina
Jun 7, 2007

I think swords are neat. Do you think swords are neat?!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

hed fit right in here

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yuriy posted:

hed fit right in here

WWE IS racist and homophobic though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
So can we compile a list of everything that Metsfan has said that is wrong compared to the things he was right about?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

achillesforever6 posted:

So can we compile a list of everything that Metsfan has said that is wrong compared to the things he was right about?

That sounds like way more effort than Metsfan deserves

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheJoker138 posted:

WWE: but we have Darren Young!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Tell 'em Steve-Dave

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

I showed a friend NXT R-Evolution for the first time last week, and this was the first question he asked during the Neville/Zayn match.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ayn rand hand job posted:

I showed a friend NXT R-Evolution for the first time last week, and this was the first question he asked during the Neville/Zayn match.

Same. Not even joking.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

Same. Not even joking.

Yeah my wife asked the same thing. Maybe I should just divorce her for not knowing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

TheJoker138 posted:

WWE has a pretty good history with gay employees given Vince publicly defended Pat Patterson and put his company's reputation on the line to do so. Their onscreen product can be extremely homophobic at times but they've shown surprising openness inside the company.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

MassRafTer posted:

WWE has a pretty good history with gay employees given Vince publicly defended Pat Patterson and put his company's reputation on the line to do so. Their onscreen product can be extremely homophobic at times but they've shown surprising openness inside the company.

I can't remember who mentioned it, but you're on the road together so much, all this stuff eventually comes out.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Mets follow up after Meltzer, Alvarez, Johnson etc reported it was false:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2uujhz/let_me_be_clear_on_this_kalisto_story/

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

Is there any other information on how WWE treats gay employees aside from that, though? I think that would have more to do with Patterson being a close long time family friend than anything else. I'm pretty sure a few people have talked about how badly Kanyon was treated backstage once he came out for example.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aesop Poprock posted:

Is there any other information on how WWE treats gay employees aside from that, though? I think that would have more to do with Patterson being a close long time family friend than anything else. I'm pretty sure a few people have talked about how badly Kanyon was treated backstage once he came out for example.

Kanyon was also shitfaced out of his mind on drugs and didn't adapt at all to WWE culture.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

Are you seriously gonna defend how they treated Kanyon? Dude came out and they put him in makeup on national television and had a biker beat him up.
WWE has had one closeted gay man very high up in the company for decades. They've also produced some of the most blatantly homophobic television for that same amount of time. Don't hold up an exception and pretend it's the rule.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, this is the same company that thought gay bars just have men with full beards wearing dresses and bad wigs, because gay dudes are totally the same as really lazy transvestites.

rovert posted:

Mets follow up after Meltzer, Alvarez, Johnson etc reported it was false:
http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/2uujhz/let_me_be_clear_on_this_kalisto_story/

Ah yes, the old "never did I say" mantra, accompanied by the squeaking of bike pedals furiously pumping in reverse.

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

coconono posted:

Kanyon was also shitfaced out of his mind on drugs and didn't adapt at all to WWE culture.

Well it probably didn't help when Taker turned his brain into soup with a chairshot.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Are you seriously gonna defend how they treated Kanyon? Dude came out and they put him in makeup on national television and had a biker beat him up.
WWE has had one closeted gay man very high up in the company for decades. They've also produced some of the most blatantly homophobic television for that same amount of time. Don't hold up an exception and pretend it's the rule.

Dude got into a dress and make up and went out on live TV. Coulda said no.

Kanyon was also the dude that did the header at Kemper Arena.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

First of all, Patterson wasn't closeted. He had a public partner and his sexuality was talked about on national TV. He could not have been more out. Kanyon came out after his WWE run and said his claims they fired him his sexuality were a publicity stunt. They set Darren Young and TMZ up so he could come out publicly so they sure seemed to like that idea. Given a friend of mine is out and worked for the company for years Patterson isn't the exception. A company can a homophobic product but still treat gay employees well internally.

Edit: I guess Kanyon said he came out internally in 2001? I don't remember that happenening as I remember some wrestlers talking about being surprised when he came out publicly years later. He's said a lot of contradictory things about his time in WWE so there's a situation where I have no idea what to think.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Feb 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kanyon could have said no, but he could have also lost his job. And WWE was the only game in town at the time. TNA wasn't even around. And I'm not sure Japan would have wanted him, maybe he could have made that work but I sorta doubt it.

One thing about Kanyon: Any time you hear James Mitchell launch into a Kanyon story, plant your rear end and listen, because they're all great.