Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

haha I KNEW they were using real people to get the poses for that scene. Excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

This show is amazing and it's fantastic that it's actually doing well in sales.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

Davincie posted:

eagerly looking forward to a new age of adult workplace moe

your wish was granted with new aria announcement

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
I thought Aoi's stance looked familliar!! Ichiro is a total badass.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Butt Frosted Cake posted:

your wish was granted with new aria announcement

Aria? As in gondoliers in Neo Venezia?
Because that will make me very happy.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

nielsm posted:

Aria? As in gondoliers in Neo Venezia?
Because that will make me very happy.

Yes indeed! Looks like it will start sometime in late September.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Hey, cool PV there!

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys

nielsm posted:

Hey, cool PV there!

I would unironically watch the poo poo out of whats shaping up to be Area 88 with cute girls.

I'm really liking the details we're getting about all the little things that come together to make a show special. Stuff as minor as how a person brushes their teeth and how it contributes to characterization, or all the effort put into creating emotional effect with backgrounds.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
The new male production assistant is quickly becoming more insufferable than Taro

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Tarou is a loony, but he isn't (any longer) putting production in danger. The new dude is definitely going to ruin things on several occasions. He doesn't seem to actually care about the job or his colleagues.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Yea on the one hand, loving Tarou man. But then on the other at least Tarou seems to give a poo poo, even if it can be about stupid things. New guy doesn't even wanna party. Also the noodles at the party made me think of the Nichijou scene with the noodles and the EEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
I need a gif of the director flying. I need it in my life.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

nielsm posted:

Tarou is a loony, but he isn't (any longer) putting production in danger. The new dude is definitely going to ruin things on several occasions. He doesn't seem to actually care about the job or his colleagues.

tarou has shapen up. good for him.

i watched the paranoia agent anime production episode a few days ago and i just kept thinking of tarou, they sound so much alike

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I get the distinct impression that the new animator is legit autistic.

Understanding posted:

I need a gif of the director flying. I need it in my life.

Ask and you shall receive.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Davincie posted:

tarou has shapen up. good for him.

i watched the paranoia agent anime production episode a few days ago and i just kept thinking of tarou, they sound so much alike

Well, it's the same voice actor, so that shouldn't be a surprise.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

I will make this my avatar when I get home from class tonight.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It's so... beautiful and graceful and absolutely perfect. :allears:

Mentat Radnor posted:

Yes indeed! Looks like it will start sometime in late September.
Yes! I hope there will be another moment like Barcarolle. :neckbeard:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The Cameo posted:

Well, it's the same voice actor, so that shouldn't be a surprise.

i looked it up after watching that episode and i couldn't find paranoia agent in tarous actors roles on myanimelist, nor could i find the guy among the paranoia agent cast

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Davincie posted:

i looked it up after watching that episode and i couldn't find paranoia agent in tarous actors roles on myanimelist, nor could i find the guy among the paranoia agent cast

ANN has them both listed

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i can't believe myanimelist betrayed me. i was all hyped up by recognizing a voice actor for the first time ever too

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Mikl posted:

I get the distinct impression that the new animator is legit autistic.

Ask and you shall receive.

Anyone else get the G-Gundam opening going in their head when they watch this? "FLY IN THE SKY!!"

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Watching the latest episode has led me to the conclusion that there is a non-zero chance that I would watch the poo poo out of The Third Aerial Girl's Squad.

I am both intruiged and repulsed.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The really amazing thing is how they managed to make turn around on Tarou. I went from hating the dude to actually kind of liking him. Whatever faults he may have, and he's got a few, he's not a bad person, he's pretty upbeat and seems like he cares about his coworker,s in his usual clueless moronic ways. Now that we've seen much more terrible people (Funny-story guy, the new employee), Tarou went from jerk to comic relief.

Pretty cool trick.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Helps that he's generally doing his job now. Not incredibly well or anything given the way everyone still talks about him, but no fuckups either. And hell, even when he did fuckup he at least had the good grace to act a little sheepish about it - new guy just actively doesn't give a poo poo.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He also had the hardest job this week working on episode 1. Which the majority of the previews cuts were taken from and did not screw it up.

Also no comments on Honda's great diet.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ah man, yeah. I get that 'office drone' is probably near the bottom of the pile in terms of healthy jobs, but you'd still think a guy who bakes tasty treats for a living would find a bit tougher to loving liquify the pounds like that.

Also, I legit cracked up when Kinoshita asked "WHATEVER HAPPENDED TO OUR FAT ALLIANCE?!"

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I can't help but mourn their fat alliance, Honda looks weird now. The PV was awesome and sold me on Aerial Girls, it's really too bad that it's just a show within a show.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ah man, yeah. I get that 'office drone' is probably near the bottom of the pile in terms of healthy jobs, but you'd still think a guy who bakes tasty treats for a living would find a bit tougher to loving liquify the pounds like that.

Also, I legit cracked up when Kinoshita asked "WHATEVER HAPPENDED TO OUR FAT ALLIANCE?!"

I think the change in stress levels probably help a lot. Crazy deadlines and the general diet on display in Shirobako could make someone fat as gently caress.

Anyone else get the feeling that editor guy is trying to gently caress them for some reason now? I get the impression that he's moved from incompetence due to laziness to straight up malice.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

paragon1 posted:

Anyone else get the feeling that editor guy is trying to gently caress them for some reason now? I get the impression that he's moved from incompetence due to laziness to straight up malice.

Yes. The way he threw the preview request at them made it seem like he's trying to get revenge for them interrupting his golf session.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

dogsicle posted:

I can't help but mourn their fat alliance, Honda looks weird now. The PV was awesome and sold me on Aerial Girls, it's really too bad that it's just a show within a show.

Well if Exodus can get an OVA...

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

dogsicle posted:

The PV was awesome and sold me on Aerial Girls, it's really too bad that it's just a show within a show.

Right? It kind of gave me a "character focused Tomino-but-with-cute-girls-and-jets story" vibe. Like I said above, I could watch the poo poo out of that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

MonsterEnvy posted:

He also had the hardest job this week working on episode 1. Which the majority of the previews cuts were taken from and did not screw it up.

I was so happy to have managed to lose 50 pounds.

And then I gained 20 back. :negative:

ScottyWired
Jan 30, 2014

Don't believe in yourself. Believe in the Kamina who believes in you. u suk

MonsieurChoc posted:

I was so happy to have managed to lose 50 pounds.

And then I gained 20 back. :negative:

The ads are listening

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like next episode they hit an iceburg. :downsrim:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I really like Andou and Satou. They pretty clearly screw up now and them, but at least are earnest about it and you can't really fault them since they're new at this. It also serves pretty nicely to highlight how responsible Aoi has become.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Ah, Aoi's been responsible enough from the get go. What she is now is composed.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Aoi was cool about wanting to hire that legendary backgrounds guy. She already had the guts to attempt to get not-Anno so surely she can get another.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

If this show could make me like Tarou, then this show could move mountains.

The Modern Sky fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Feb 6, 2015

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

The sad part is, that if Musani do their job right, then funny story guy will get a thumbs up on his resume, where he really deserves a stinking, firey turd on his face.

New guy seems like hes gonna be a issue, but it was nice to watch him get caught out on his bullshit twice within a short amount of time. The title of the next episode being you set me up! is kinda foreboding.

• Locked thread