Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Chikpea The Super Bowl Predicting Chicken owing money to the Chicken Russian Mob but then his friend Chicken Sniper assassinating the leader of the Chicken Russian Mob on Conan tonight was the stupidest, most wonderful thing I've seen on television in a while :allears:

The World Series one was just as good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Tonight's Fallon show has Neil Young and Doc Severinsen, and is going to run two minutes longer than normal.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Did conan do a Tuesday show? Says Steven Yeun was on the schedule but the full episode playlist is still stuck on Monday and usually it's 11am on the dot.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

jojoinnit posted:

Adam Pally was incredible, it's like a they broke into the Today Show set to record their public access program.

I doubt any of this is sustainable but these short bursts of random hosts have the potential to be incredible television until James Corden settles into it being a proper show again.

I'd love a weekly show or something, even though I feel like the footballer got short shrift for a guy falling into whatever that was. Schwartz and Pally have insane chemistry.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

Frostwerks posted:

Did conan do a Tuesday show? Says Steven Yeun was on the schedule but the full episode playlist is still stuck on Monday and usually it's 11am on the dot.
It's up on the YouTube channel.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Ever since Fallon started he wanted a Saved By The Bell reunion. It finally happened (minus Screech and Lisa)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MftOONlDQac

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Vertical Lime posted:

Ever since Fallon started he wanted a Saved By The Bell reunion. It finally happened (minus Screech and Lisa)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MftOONlDQac

That was great; I guess having the Tonight Show instead of Late Night was enough to get Tiffani Thiessen to finally agree. Too bad they couldn't get Lisa.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I presume Screech is in jail and Lisa is committed somewhere, so it makes sense they wouldn't be able to get those two.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Aside from Zack and Belding, you can barely tell any of em have aged.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Vintersorg posted:

What's it feel like to live with a degenerative eye condition?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Irish Joe posted:

It's pretty awesome notorious poo poo poster Irish Joe.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Irish Joe posted:

what's it feel like to live with a degenerative posting condition

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Mario Lopez does not age, this is an objective fact.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah this is what I thought when I saw it last night, too. It's weird. Mark Paul Gosselaar looks wayyyyyy too old to play a teenager by now, Dennis Haskins looks kind of close to death, but the rest look like they could still pass as.....maybe not teenagers, but certainly people in their 20s. And they're in their 40s :staredog:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Why is this happening after Craig has left?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Dr Tran posted:

This makes me think CBS is mad at Craig, and wants to show him what he gave up.

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcriETvXGPU

I thought the guest hosts were doing fine considering the circumstances, but this 2 minute bit of Craig and Josh/Geoff made me laugh more than any of the fill-ins combined. I'm a total CraigyFerg cheekymonkey fangirl though.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
One good thing about Letterman retiring is that I'll probably never have to be subjected to Martin Short again.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Dr Tran posted:

so i guess mayer is back with katy perry now huh

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
No, they just got joint custody of the sharks.

bubblelubble
Feb 26, 2013

scribbled out the truth,
paying in naivety.
I've only just now begun to watch the post-Craig LLS, and while it's mostly/99% trainwrecks galore, I'm actually rly enjoying Judd Apatow's episodes. He could totally do a late-night talk show - if those shows were monthly or so, cos I would never ever want to get sick of this :allears:

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S
^^^ I thought the same thing, and I'm not even really a big fan of his or anything. He just took to the role very well and was quite funny. I could have given a crap less about his sidekick, though.... I did also love the Jim Gaffigan episodes, too. It was really fun watching him every night while he was on. He was hilarious, but if I were to be completely objective, I would have to admit Apatow did a better job overall.

I was hoping Wayne Brady would be better last night, but I was really disappointed. He ran through everything at a mile a minute and all the song and dance and improv and gimmicky routines felt like watching Fallon, except somehow worse. I had to change the channel before the first guest came on.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

counterfeitsaint posted:

This makes me think CBS is mad at Craig, and wants to show him what he gave up.

Craig was getting socked in the ratings by both Late Night and Nightline. I don't think CBS would have renewed his contract even if he had changed his mind about leaving with Letterman. All the wording of the press releases that came out last year had a feeling of him getting pushed out the door anyway.

Timby fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 10, 2015

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am not so sure that is the case, consider that Craig's contract was up in August and CBS needed to re-negotiate with him to stay until december so they had time to find a replacement. If they had been planning to replace him the whole time, they would not have needed those extra few months. It seems more likely that when they got close to August CBS figured they would have no problems just extending his contract for a year or two.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jon Stewart's leaving The Daily Show later this year :stare:

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Good riddance. The Daily Show has been in desperate need of new blood for a long time, and hopefully Stewart hasn't completely ruined the show's brand with his leftist proselytizing.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The proselytizing has largely been gone for the past decade. If you're looking for that, that's what Real Time is for (and I guess LWT, depending on whether your right wing views extend to defending exploitative loans and state lotteries.)

Around the time Colbert left, Stewart went on Crossfire and ever since the show has been more about the coverage of news than actual news itself. Basically, what Wolf Blitzer or Anderson Cooper is doing is more important than what the President is doing on many nights.

I'm glad he's moving on, but I think he's sort of abandoned his younger audience the past few years, because that young audience isn't watching cable news anyway. They may not even be subscribed to cable since you can watch full episodes online without a TV provider.

I hope the new guy replaces him, because he looks enough like Kilborn that I can pretend I woke up from a dream and it's still 1996.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Figured this was inevitable ever since Colbert got The Late Show. It's just crazy to see so many shows ending at the (roughly) same time: Leno, Letterman, Colbert, Stewart, Ferguson.

Jesus. Jimmy Kimmel will soon be the longest-tenured host of the 11:35 hour.

Timby fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Feb 11, 2015

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Craptacular! posted:

I hope the new guy replaces him, because he looks enough like Kilborn that I can pretend I woke up from a dream and it's still 1996.

Jesus, why would you want to wake up to that.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Well, there goes Letterman's chances at the Emmy this year.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?
It's kind of hilarious the effort to which Fallon is going to avoid talking about Fifty Shades with its main actress.

e: Oh well, they started talking about it a little. He's still tiptoeing around it as best he can.

Baronash fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 11, 2015

pwn
May 27, 2004

Did he say anything about his good buddy Brian Williams tonight? I was watching Kimmel, who surprisingly didn't say a word about one of the bigger news stories of the week. But Fallon and Meyers haven't said a peep since the story broke.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
http://deadline.com/2015/02/ray-santiago-dana-delorenzo-cast-ash-vs-evil-dead-series-starz-1201371389/

Here's a loose tie-in to the Late Late Show. Remember the Rhino, and the failed bit with the lady Producer/CBS censor? Well, she's with Evil Dead now.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That's cool, from her twitter she seems like a pretty talented comedienne so it's good to see her getting some work that isn't a 30 second cameo in Californication.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

pwn posted:

Did he say anything about his good buddy Brian Williams tonight? I was watching Kimmel, who surprisingly didn't say a word about one of the bigger news stories of the week. But Fallon and Meyers haven't said a peep since the story broke.

Letterman did a Top Ten list about Williams. I was actually surprised since Williams was a regular guest.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Mister Kingdom posted:

Letterman did a Top Ten list about Williams. I was actually surprised since Williams was a regular guest.

It wasn't really a mean one tbh.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Acer Pilot posted:

It wasn't really a mean one tbh.

True, but I wonder if he talked to Williams beforehand.

Still Fluxing
Feb 14, 2013

A vision. A picture in my head. A picture of this.
God, it was so weird seeing Triumph the Comic Insult Dog on Fallon. I didn't even understand why it felt off until I realized that I wasn't watching Conan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Still Fluxing posted:

God, it was so weird seeing Triumph the Comic Insult Dog on Fallon. I didn't even understand why it felt off until I realized that I wasn't watching Conan.

I have a feeling Triumph's new show will suck.