Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjewLKwtgXo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002
Nine in the evening (pst) is a really odd time to take your servers offline for six hours

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I wanted to drive my new, dumb Sabre Turbo around and slide aimlessly through the big city. drat

Sapient Afro
Jan 22, 2012

Well, you threatened to shove a knife up his dickhole.

Surely this means heists are coming tomorrow, right guys, right?

:shepicide:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Sapient Afro posted:

Surely this means heists are coming tomorrow, right guys, right?

:shepicide:

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:
:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Heists tomorrow. Book it.

That's right, I'll be that guy who claims, later on, that I had insider info thanks to my good buddies at Rockstar.

Or you know, nothing will happen like we're all really expecting and I'll just be another person who is wrong on the internet.

Besides, I would really expect some publicity push from Rockstar over social media as a buildup for the heist release date, when it's decided upon.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I call patching out the Chrome Dubsta spawn.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Wee Bairns posted:

Heists tomorrow. Book it.

That's right, I'll be that guy who claims, later on, that I had insider info thanks to my good buddies at Rockstar.

Or you know, nothing will happen like we're all really expecting and I'll just be another person who is wrong on the internet.

Besides, I would really expect some publicity push from Rockstar over social media as a buildup for the heist release date, when it's decided upon.

I mean, I hope to gently caress you're right cause I wanna fly new poo poo and do new things but uuuuuuuugh it's R* we're talking about here.

Also I have to work until 9p tomorrow :mad:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Croccers posted:

I call patching out the Chrome Dubsta spawn.

Well, this is the most likely because we can't have nice (broken) things. I got my good mileage out of it, though...

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dMVBrdA0bw You don't bang your head in car crashes like you used to.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Since it's down and we can't play, here's a video of some glitchy times trying to get into my garage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAfeTFcagZI

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Everything's back up

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Duke Chin posted:

Everything's back up

So what cool thing did they do away with?

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.
Nothing according to the gta forums.

I'm just starting out any chance i can get in on the action? Im online now, have a mic and dont sound 12 (also im not 12).

Wouldnt mind getting in on the Dubsta action things like that or just mess about.

Psn is aggro_jagg.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Won't let me back online

AggroJagg
Mar 7, 2007
Hermits aren't broken, just favoured.
I didnt do anything special to get back online. I had restarted the ps4 and tried another game for a bit before retrying gtav.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

R*: SUCK OUR DIIIIIIICKZ LOL QQ

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
The Dubsta is still spawning and the sad trombone trick is also working. It could be that the maintenance was to fix something on last-gen.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Aardmania posted:

The Dubsta is still spawning and the sad trombone trick is also working. It could be that the maintenance was to fix something on last-gen.

Unless there was a patch downloaded with it, I wouldn't expect it to be fixed, yet. It could be prep work for heists (which could require new / updated software so they are released smoothly) or just mean installing new and/or upgraded hardware to replace end-of-life servers and has no effect on anyone's consoles.

Considering their last major downtime (that I recall) was a year ago, having something like this scheduled every so often isn't surprising.

geeves fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 3, 2015

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
I just download a capture involving cows that ride bicycles down Mount Chiliad and it's possibly the strangest thing I've ever experienced.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Kelly posted:

Doesn't work for me either, and I've been doing the exact thing that geeves was doing. What a weirdo bug to have going on for some people and not others.

geeves posted:

My best guess it's something related to one of the patches. Changing the minimap settings was probably one of the first things I did when this was released. It's great when small bugs cause us joy (sad trombone) but can come with some bad things like this.

This morning I nuked the game and all saves, let it download and install while I was at work and started from absolute scratch. I finished the prologue, joined online, and had the option do absolutely dick and nothing just like before. I have no idea what I can do to at this point other than to live with it.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

geeves posted:

Unless there was a patch downloaded with it, I wouldn't expect it to be fixed, yet. It could be prep work for heists (which could require new / updated software so they are released smoothly) or just mean installing new and/or upgraded hardware to replace end-of-life servers and has no effect on anyone's consoles.

Considering their last major downtime (that I recall) was a year ago, having something like this scheduled every so often isn't surprising.

Yeah I'm fairly certain this is all just backend prepwork for when the PC version comes out and fucks up all the GTAO login/auth servers for a third time. :v:

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

I'm getting bumped back to single player every five minutes or so. poo poo sucks

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Yeah, I can't connect at all, says I'm missing downloaded files, or says servers are unresponsive.

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Challenged a guy in a Zentorno to a race at the airport with my Monroe, which is quickly becoming my favorite car. Won by a nose, he couldn't believe it caught up at the end.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I just download a capture involving cows that ride bicycles down Mount Chiliad and it's possibly the strangest thing I've ever experienced.

Link?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Wee Bairns posted:

Yeah, I can't connect at all, says I'm missing downloaded files, or says servers are unresponsive.

Yeah, I keep getting a servers down message. Bah

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Its so hard to come back to this after playing stuff like Dying Light, feels like I'm continuously wading through pudding :(

Some smoother, more natural controls for GTA 6 wouldn't go a miss at this point.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

StabMasterArson posted:

Its so hard to come back to this after playing stuff like Dying Light, feels like I'm continuously wading through pudding :(

Some smoother, more natural controls for GTA 6 wouldn't go a miss at this point.

The first person parkour in Dying Light is pretty sick. I've only played it for a little but, but it is a lot easier to get used to than GTA.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

quote:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/4ieH2ZQJ00-3dJRuAKj8rw

The Slipstream GP - created by MossyTossy
Set in the heart of Downtown LS, The Slipstream GP has the look and feel of a real Formula 1 track. This high speed Race contains hairpin bends, tricky chicanes and quick changes in elevation

They know nothing of hairpins or chicanes. :colbert:

But there may be clown clothes coming.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52386/new-rockstar-verified-jobs-first-lts-creator-selections-a

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
Pretty sure there are already half a dozen random awful-coloured suits. And there's probably already a clown face paint, right? But then again they can never have enough random garbage clothing updates. At this rate, we might get hiests at some point around the 1st of April.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52386/new-rockstar-verified-jobs-first-lts-creator-selections-a

YAWN

If only because there is no point to the captures and LTS and deathmatch modes. Losing pays out so poorly you don't get your money back on ammo. It is also very difficult to find people to play with on captures in particular. I like them, but I have plenty of money to screw around with. Someone grinding a lot isn't going to want to waste money on one that is set to owned weapons.

New races are cool though.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 4, 2015

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Yes, but only a PS3 one I'm afraid. It's not terribly exciting outside the novelty of watching livestock get knocked off bikes.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

geeves posted:

That's an NPC.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
No clowns fun allowed!

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Are there any stats on what game modes people like playing? I only ever do races and missions (and never team v team missions).

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Jaidroxide and I had some bounty fun while hiding in the mine shaft. 3 pubbies had a firefight outside to determine who would go on this suicide mission.

Proxy mining the entrance to the mine
Oh, there was an explosion? Let me investigate by delving farther into the the tunnel
I too see you're wielding an RPG, let me try to sneak up on you

After mission shenanigans

Pootbarn jump through the flames
Attempting to land vehicles on the roof
Being flattened

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Same thing happened to me last night. I was hiding and a guy in a helicopter texted me in-game "can i kill u and give u the money after?" He eventually landed and walked right into it. I was further down the shaft (:pervert:) so I just heard a soft WHUMP and the message saying I'd killed him. After he respawned and flew away in his helicopter, I replied, "No thanks lol"

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

I think I'll play some GTA Online *fires up 'I'm in love with the coco' in the headset*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Yes, but only a PS3 one I'm afraid. It's not terribly exciting outside the novelty of watching livestock get knocked off bikes.

Aw.. Even so thanks for the link, hopefully some people on PS3 can have fun with it :)

• Locked thread