Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
You can't tell me yeezy isn't a handsome man. At least when his mouth is closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

he's aight, candids aren't as impressive

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

This is just a fanmade remix people keep posting as real every few months or so.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdK5oqkI8e0

Fodder Cannon
Jan 12, 2008

I love to watch Fox News and then go club some baby seals
Yeezus is the best ye album, mbdtf is bad

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cmon

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Fodder Cannon posted:

Yeezus is the best ye album, mbdtf is bad

Nah

MBDTF > LR > Graduation > Yeezus > CD > 808s imo

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
MBDTF > LR > Yeezus > 808s > CD > Graduation

None of them are bad but Graduation is his least essential album.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Cruel Summer>

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
hyped that NMD has grown from ranking Radiohead albums to ranking Kanye albums. this is progress

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

hyped that NMD has grown from ranking Radiohead albums to ranking Kanye albums. this is progress
MBDTF > Hail to the Thief > OK Computer > Late Registration > In Rainbows > Graduation > Watch the Throne > Amnesiac > College Dropout > The King of Limbs > The Bends > Yeezus > Pablo Honey > 808s

:thumbsup:

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I think OK Computer and before is way better than after but I'm older than most in this thread probably.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
What are you idiots doing

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

TheFallenEvincar posted:

MBDTF > Hail to the Thief > OK Computer > Late Registration > In Rainbows > Graduation > Watch the Throne > Amnesiac > College Dropout > The King of Limbs > The Bends > Yeezus > Pablo Honey > 808s

I'll never understand what is good rock music, unless it is blues influenced rock music. It all sounds bad to me. Pretty much why I don't love MBDTF because it is barely a rap album.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

temple posted:

I'll never understand what is good rock music, unless it is blues influenced rock music. It all sounds bad to me. Pretty much why I don't love MBDTF because it is barely a rap album.
Yeah, I mean my favorite Kanye album has always been Late Registration not MBDTF but every year I go back to it and College Dropout they seem to hold up less and less somehow (probably because I've just listened to them too much/nostalgia). I agree with people who feel Graduation wasn't super essential if only because it kind of feels like the Kanye album that drifted by me without much impact.
As long as he actually raps for most of this new album I'll be satisfied.

edit: also I feel like everytime someone brought up Spark Master Tape there'd be some dude going "Pshhh, he's just an inferior version of X" but I don't remember exactly what. Can anyone fill for X, because I'm going through withdrawal with this mystery man mystery disappeared and no sign of Silhouette of a Sunkken City any time soon.

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 6, 2015

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

TheFallenEvincar posted:

edit: also I feel like everytime someone brought up Spark Master Tape there'd be some dude going "Pshhh, he's just an inferior version of X" but I don't remember exactly what. Can anyone fill for X, because I'm going through withdrawal with this mystery man mystery disappeared and no sign of Silhouette of a Sunkken City any time soon.

He's kinda a ugly mane/captain murphy hybrid imo. Has lyrics and delivery and part of the old memphis style in his stuff, with the song structure and sampling that was on captain murphy. Fwiw I don't think he's exactly inferior, just different.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Guwop uber alles.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah, I mean my favorite Kanye album has always been Late Registration not MBDTF but every year I go back to it and College Dropout they seem to hold up less and less somehow (probably because I've just listened to them too much/nostalgia). I agree with people who feel Graduation wasn't super essential if only because it kind of feels like the Kanye album that drifted by me without much impact.
As long as he actually raps for most of this new album I'll be satisfied.

Lil Ugly Mane.

^^^ yeah, likewise, he's not a Lil Ugly Mane ripoff, just similar vibe.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

What are you idiots doing

Seriously.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
That Lil Ty Jadakiss track is unironically better than anything Mac Miller has done loving lmao

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

That Lil Ty Jadakiss track is unironically better than anything Mac Miller has done loving lmao

I like Twin Peugots from Blue Chips 2 enough that I don't skip his verse. I don't know that I'd necessarily listen to that lil ty song ever again.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

TheFallenEvincar posted:

You forgot Kid A, retard

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

You know Kanye is quality when the general consensus "worst album" features Stronger (overplayed but tight at the time), Good Life, Can't Tell Me Nothin, Everything I am, The Glory, Big Brother, Homecoming and Flashing Lights. Personally i really enjoyed Barry Bonds, but I'm not sure how good the song actually is. There isn't a Kanye West album i don't like a goodly amount, even 808's.

I would also say that for me College Dropout will always be his best album because the themes resonate with me. It is also interesting to hear the dichotomy between the way Kanye West envisioned himself dealing with fame and how he has actually done so. CD and Yeezus as bookend albums are really intriguing glimpses into his psyche

Sneaky Fast fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Feb 6, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Flashing Lights is one of my favorite Kanye beats with some of my least favorite Kanye verses but it's still great.

Mr. Sickos
May 22, 2011

Sneaky Fast posted:

Good Life, Can't Tell Me Nothin, Everything I am, The Glory, Big Brother, Homecoming and Flashing Lights.

You forgot Drunk and Hot Girls

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Sneaky Fast posted:

Personally i really enjoyed Barry Bonds, but I'm not sure how good the song actually is.

It has to be one of the most influential songs of the last decade right? I mean it's the song that started hashtag rap.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Did hashtag really start in that song? I would have guessed one of The Carter's

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Kanye also invented rapping over a beat I think WOW

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Kanye also invented rapping over a beat I think WOW

hosed up, if true

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Sneaky Fast posted:

Did hashtag really start in that song? I would have guessed one of The Carter's

http://youtu.be/0-nMJOoFnoQ

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The R Kelly remix of Flashing Lights is arguably better than the original. In fact every time I hear the original, when it starts up, I have to fill in "AND NOW WE IN THE CLUB LIKE" and "OH WOAHHHHH OHHHHH OHHHHH" out of habit.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage
What the hell is hashtag rap?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Puseklepp posted:

What the hell is hashtag rap?

"Here's another hit; Barry Bonds"
"Two thumbs up; Ebert and Roeper"

Pretty much just leaving out 'like', 'as', etc. Kinda horrible.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

thathonkey posted:

Flashing Lights is one of my favorite Kanye beats with some of my least favorite Kanye verses but it's still great.

Same, but Stronger is a Kanye song I actually like.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The R Kelly remix of Flashing Lights is arguably better than the original. In fact every time I hear the original, when it starts up, I have to fill in "AND NOW WE IN THE CLUB LIKE" and "OH WOAHHHHH OHHHHH OHHHHH" out of habit.

I haven't heard this. youtubing right now!

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Akala has a new album coming out at the end of March, "Knowledge is Power Volume 2".

First track from it just dropped as a lyrics video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00Aho9vpqLo

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

We're doing best white rapper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gjR3ZRyy-s

Save your money, get your publishing, don't get hosed over by Diddy, etc. or you will have to do terrible great poo poo like this

What the gently caress did I just watch....this kid gets carded for cigarettes probably. Did he win a "be in a rappers music video" contest or something? SMH.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Yuzenn posted:

What the gently caress did I just watch....this kid gets carded for cigarettes probably. Did he win a "be in a rappers music video" contest or something? SMH.

Jadakiss was probably begging to be on that kids song, probably didn't even request his usual $800 for a verse

It's A LOT more pathetic from Jada's standpoint than it is the kids

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Jadakiss was probably begging to be on that kids song, probably didn't even request his usual $800 for a verse

lmao

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

It's A LOT more pathetic from Jada's standpoint than it is the kids

Very much so

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Apologies if someone has already posted this Rapsody link, but I really like this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5zWvdSnUjM

Also, you can stream the whole EP Beauty and the Beast: http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/rapsody-beauty-and-the-beast-ep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG_lZK5AK9Q