Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Xenogenesis posted:

Are you assholes watching OGN

because you need to be watching OGN, GE uniforms are next level

e:
:allears:

Do the cat ears mean that GE Tigers have essentially gone super saiyan? First blood would suggest yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005
Yes

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

The cat ears are certainly making Gorilla play his rear end off.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

anti-magic posted:

The cat ears are certainly making Gorilla play his rear end off.

GorillA has such an amazing pocket pick Alistar and I am sad we haven't seen it yet this season.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
GE Tigers for worlds

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

curiousCat posted:

GE Tigers for worlds

This. We need GE Tigers skins.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

curiousCat posted:

GE Tigers for worlds

Truth.

Also, Mosc0-5.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Finally getting to watch this FNC vs UOL game and good lord, I love watching both of these teams, but I love watching UOL play, these picks make it so fun.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Looks like the EU main event scene is shaping up nicely, with Fnatic and UoL as the faces and SK and Elements as the heels.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jonny Angel posted:

Looks like the EU main event scene is shaping up nicely, with Fnatic and UoL as the faces and SK and Elements as the heels.
Elements are Randy Orton applying an 8 minute headlock in a 15 minute match.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, Elements doesn't seem like assholes, maybe some ego issues here and there. But they definitely work heel.

And then SK went to Worlds and literally drew cheap heat against the hometown crowd.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
So apparently a guy called LORD MASTER KING just reached the #1 spot on the Korean challenger ladder. Appropriate name.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Reignover was wayyyy too aggressive there.

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bit late but:

FNC - Giants
Gambit - H2K (I'm going to keep believing until they win a game)
Roccat - MYM
UOL - CW
Elements - SK

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I'll go with FNC, H2K, Roccat, UOL, Elements

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik
FNC - Giants - you're just going to have to trust me that I thought of this even before the game started
Gambit- H2K - I want to be wrong :cry:
Roccat - MYM - who cares
UOL - CW
Elements - SK :f5:

Freaksaus
Jun 13, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Man, Reignover is just everywhere.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Coast is a pretty interesting team in hindsight. No matter how far up they are, victory is still within reach for the enemy. Kind of like the old Vulcun Throwbargains.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Steelback's positioning has been really bad in this game and they'd probably have already won if he just stopped Valk'ing into the entire enemy team.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I thought I was watching the EU LCS but it looks like I've accidentally flipped over to the Dandy Show.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Ahhh, baron throws. Nothing like it.

I mean it wasn't really a throw that far down, but still.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

theshim posted:

Ahhh, baron throws. Nothing like it.

I mean it wasn't really a throw that far down, but still.

Wasn't really a throw because they weren't ahead, it was a last ditch power play when one FNC member was dead and others were low. It was a low-probability play but it was the only play they had before just straight up surrendering.

For me that was a Kassadin and Janna show. Febiven and Yellowstar both with 0 deaths and they played flawlessly all game.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Teams probably need to wait a few more months before Reignover has settled in in Europe and they can stop banning Rengar.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Is Reignover the best Korean import? His English is really good and his play has been fantastic. He's also one of the only worthwhile Rengar players in the West (the only one? Does Impaler count?)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

Is Reignover the best Korean import? His English is really good and his play has been fantastic. He's also one of the only worthwhile Rengar players in the West (the only one? Does Impaler count?)
Either he or Lustboy.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i wanted to hear huni sing kpop man :<

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

Name one other player in the world who has consistently done well on Rengar in S5.

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

Is it frowned upon for teams to surrender in LCS? I get that Riot doesn't want them to surrender halfway through the game when the team thinks/knows (more than the viewer) that a win is really improbably, but after that baron attempt it seems like Giants could have called it.

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010

Schiavona posted:

Is it frowned upon for teams to surrender in LCS? I get that Riot doesn't want them to surrender halfway through the game when the team thinks/knows (more than the viewer) that a win is really improbably, but after that baron attempt it seems like Giants could have called it.

This is NA and EU we're talking about. No reason to surrender when the enemy might throw.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Surrenders used to be much more common in competitive. I don't know if they are barred now or what, but they seem to never happen anymore.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Savage Cracker posted:

Name one other player in the world who has consistently done well on Rengar in S5.

A few weeks into the season I don't think this is a valid question. Reignover owns though.

Libertine posted:

Surrenders used to be much more common in competitive. I don't know if they are barred now or what, but they seem to never happen anymore.
Yeah I speculated this way back in late S3 that surrendering has to be somehow really frowned upon by Riot, some ridiculous part of their controlled message and narrative of how the game Has to End with the Nexus. It's especially absurd in Bo3/Bo5s where playing a 100% (as in, 100%) lost game for 10 unnecessary minutes can be really rough on morale for future games. You see more surrenders in any other eSport every week than you do in a year of competitive LoL.

e: or I guess you don't gg out in CS:GO, wouldn't know about that.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
Ahahahaha I love EULCS

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
9x report voidle

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
also didn't quickshot's gasp sound just like the one LS does

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Lol that Kennen engage was amazing

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

You need a Zhonyas to do that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

This could be the weekend where FNatic takes their first loss and Gambit gets their first win. Historic!

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
cabochard gettin mad swole on this irelia. h2k all of a sudden realizes this game is on a timer, lmao

rekkles be mirin

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
what on earth were u thinkin voidle lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Surely not even 2015 Gambit could throw this, right? Right? :ohdear:

• Locked thread