Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Has anyone been seeing messages about friends failing heists or making big scores in the stock market? I've seen it happen a couple times in the past few days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

Yes, but only a PS3 one I'm afraid. It's not terribly exciting outside the novelty of watching livestock get knocked off bikes.

It's for PS4 also.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/crew/shred_bmx_team/games/gtav/jobs/job/pxeKM0FzjU-Unpm0FOeagA

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I just started playing online on the next gen version. How come they have 60 player missions and capacity, yet i'm never seeing more than 18 people in a session?

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Craptacular posted:

Has anyone been seeing messages about friends failing heists or making big scores in the stock market? I've seen it happen a couple times in the past few days.

Never before seen proof that heists have been GHOST-PATCHED into the game! Like and subscribe so I can show you the random NPC that will unlock heists for you! Also zombies!

But seriously, that's pretty weird. I've seen the stock market thing once or twice but failing heists is new to me.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Craptacular posted:

They are notices through social club internal to the game about things people on your friends list are doing in Single player story. It did that on 360 since launch. Did it again when I got PS4.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

ChocNitty posted:

I just started playing online on the next gen version. How come they have 60 player missions and capacity, yet i'm never seeing more than 18 people in a session?

It takes too long for a job lobby to get up to 30 players so most people quit. 30 is the limit not 60.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

ChocNitty posted:

The limit is actually 30 I believe, and I've definitely seen close to that number in a public lobby.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

They are notices through social club internal to the game about things people on your friends list are doing in Single player story. It did that on 360 since launch. Did it again when I got PS4.

Ok that makes sense. I just changed over from PS3 and I never remembered seeing those there. Maybe because most people had finished single player by the time I started playing Online.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

OK that was awesome in concept but didn't turn out as Michael Bay-ish as I'd hoped.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

The limit is actually 30 I believe, and I've definitely seen close to that number in a public lobby.

Let's organize a buncha 30-player PS4 lobbies and level me up to 100 so I can get the dumbass trophy :twisted:

Heartstrings Tugboat
Sep 5, 2002

Not enough people know about on-call for 30 to work.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Heartstrings Tugboat posted:

Not enough people know about on-call for 30 to work.

I know about the on call feature but have no clue how to activate it.

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
I would love to see a full 30 person goon lobby, if only for all of us to get in a bus or two and just blow them up with everyone in them. OR do a passive aggressive goon brawl.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I think personally, the most goons I've probably seen in a single lobby is around fifteen. Which can still be a busload of fun. Even with the crew thread always adding new members, it seems we can never seem to get our poo poo together at the same time.

More people need to experience a geeves playlist and Horse Factory.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
I made it halfway through the playlist last night and I spawned in first person unable to move during that race by the docs. That happened to me twice last night.

Fun up until then though - thanks geeves.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Had fun until my second character on every death, every movement, every respawn resulted in switching back to clothes she's never worn or even owned before :(
(Niko in a white flowery dress and high heels)

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
My friend still loves hopping into Geeves playlists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0t-rLJXsCU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWHv00BXJLA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb4owuxiKts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIemMUofSKc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anjkrQcfKfs

EDIT.

ström: Clear out the course, GTA race with tractors : D
ström: Keep ramps and poo poo.
ström: HORSE TRACTORY

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Feb 6, 2015

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Kelly posted:

I made it halfway through the playlist last night and I spawned in first person unable to move during that race by the docs. That happened to me twice last night.

Fun up until then though - thanks geeves.

The list was great, I dropped out because after the Paul Walker tribute race I got stuck in first person and couldn't change my camera, and it was giving me a headache and some nausea. Which is odd because I can play in free roam in first person and do missions, but apparently I can't really race that way. Or maybe there was some other factor, I dunno.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Doomsday Jesus posted:

I know about the on call feature but have no clue how to activate it.

phone -> jobs -> join a particular job type -> On Call

then you goof off in freeroam until you get pulled into a lobby. Or it fails to connect and makes a new lobby just for you which sits at 1 of whatever forever. Or you get a failure to join.

basically on call works sometimes but you should keep an eye on it and restart the whole process (by going to your phone, jobs, etc again) if it looks to have errored out.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I miss gimick deathmatches.

-Fistfights amongst high ledges and windmills.
-Phil Colins
-Shotguns on a hill
-Package mayhem

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

BitBasher posted:

The list was great, I dropped out because after the Paul Walker tribute race I got stuck in first person and couldn't change my camera, and it was giving me a headache and some nausea. Which is odd because I can play in free roam in first person and do missions, but apparently I can't really race that way. Or maybe there was some other factor, I dunno.

Almost exactly what happened to me. I was able to look around, but totally frozen in place - everyone else took off and I was just sitting there.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Ha, both of these are me acting like an rear end in a top hat and then eating the floor as hard as I can.

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Kelly posted:

Almost exactly what happened to me. I was able to look around, but totally frozen in place - everyone else took off and I was just sitting there.

I got stuck falling through the street in an infinite loop twice last night. Couldn't bring up any menus or move, just seeing the street every 15 seconds or so, then the screen going white and fading back.

Also a friendly note that after last night's playlist, I went back and added rockets to Ode To Geeves and Double Dare 2015. You're welcome.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

FYI there is a working challenge right now on PS4 that pays 500k for 5 laps of Criminal Records in 2:24 and change.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

BitBasher posted:

FYI there is a working challenge right now on PS4 that pays 500k for 5 laps of Criminal Records in 2:24 and change.

Please.. tell me more--I need more money's.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Please.. tell me more--I need more money's.

It's a bet, you find challenges under playlists in the menu. You bet 250k in this case that you can do 5 laps of Criminal Records in 2:24. If you beat the time you win 500k. It seems to be something Rockstar doesn't like and they pull them fast.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
The name of the challenge I just ran is ko. It is a 5 lap super car Criminal Records race . You need to have $250k in your bank account to play it and you can only play one challenge per day per character.

Doomsday Jesus
Oct 8, 2004

Doomsday Jesus we need you now.

Ziploc posted:

I miss gimick deathmatches.

-Fistfights amongst high ledges and windmills.
-Phil Colins
-Shotguns on a hill
-Package mayhem

I miss prison thug fights. I've not laughed so hard at this game before.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

As of 2:30 EST the crew challenges are still up there. When they wouldn't show on my main, I switched to my alt and it refreshed them and showed a couple.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

BitBasher posted:

It's a bet, you find challenges under playlists in the menu. You bet 250k in this case that you can do 5 laps of Criminal Records in 2:24. If you beat the time you win 500k. It seems to be something Rockstar doesn't like and they pull them fast.

I'll have to check on my alt later today. I could only find a 20k one this morning :/

Edit: On a tangentially related issue to last night's playlist, I could only hear Ziploc and litteralygary after the first few races. So I had to judge how the races were going by Ziploc's "gently caress you!" count.

geeves fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 6, 2015

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

geeves posted:

I'll have to check on my alt later today. I could only find a 20k one this morning :/

Edit: On a tangentially related issue to last night's playlist, I could only hear Ziploc and litteralygary after the first few races. So I had to judge how the races were going by Ziploc's "gently caress you!" count.

Ziploc I believe PSN messaged me with his annoyance because I wasn't in voice chat, so his gently caress You count had to be up there! :v:

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
I think "God drat it" was used a lot more than anything else.

Unless it was Gary saying "gently caress you" in which case they were all directed at me. Because he loves me.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Unless it was Gary saying "gently caress you" in which case they were all directed at me. Because he loves me.

I am quite happy that Horse Factory has become a free roam slaughter masquerading as a race. But once again, jayisspecials had to end the fun by finishing the race :v:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

geeves posted:

I am quite happy that Horse Factory has become a free roam slaughter masquerading as a race. But once again, jayisspecials had to end the fun by finishing the race :v:

That other one with the alley by the LCS is a close second. Took me a few times before I realized I could go around.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Kelly posted:

That other one with the alley by the LCS is a close second. Took me a few times before I realized I could go around.

Oh my god.. That was torture. The only reason I won is because I was on the front row and fired back rockets in that first alley to block everyone up.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Ayup

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
RockStar having a special in-game voicechat implementation that's busted and not working well, confirmed. I hate having to do so many work-arounds and restarts.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I am not having luck tonight, I got kicked from my own party after getting 8 NAT errors then I just straight up timed out of online. Stuck in clouds now.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Dropped right into Fort Zancudo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

A few snaps of tonight's shenanigans...

On our way to hang out at the mine...

Inside the mine, when (I believe) a pubbie ordered an airstrike on us.

Later on, this idea came about again.

Cops were...displeased.

We decided to drop into the base. It went about as well as expected.

Fun times. My image quality is poo poo, but whatever.

(And someone needs to make a Princess Di Memorial Race.)

• Locked thread