Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I think you can discount that theory. Chic only gave me an item that at earliest I would have used on day 3. Until it did something bad to me, I can't see that as a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

I've been using an item for the last two nights that I got from voting Chic . The first night I got flavor indicating I was attacked during my dreams but saved by the town guards, last night I got flavor indicating that I was taken to a safe place in my dreams. Given the head exploding flavor N1, and the source of the item, I'd be willing to bet that the SK uses some form of mind attack.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

wins32767 posted:

I've been using an item for the last two nights that I got from voting Chic . The first night I got flavor indicating I was attacked during my dreams but saved by the town guards, last night I got flavor indicating that I was taken to a safe place in my dreams. Given the head exploding flavor N1, and the source of the item, I'd be willing to bet that the SK uses some form of mind attack.

we should have had three NKs on n1 if that's the case, if I understand you correctly

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
why did you just claim anyway?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Rascyc posted:

we should have had three NKs on n1 if that's the case, if I understand you correctly

She died D2.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Why 3? who.claimed a kill n1?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Rascyc posted:

why did you just claim anyway?
If someone tried to kill me, they know about it anyway and I don't think it's safe to assume that Diqnol is the only protect.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

wins32767 posted:

She died D2.
Oh I got mixed up by the wording, right

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I still think Meinberg is scum. He doesn't have any D3 content but these are his last two posts on D2 before Chic got lynched. In light of Chic's flip I think they are pretty scummy.

He tries to make the Chic case look bad and then votes Somber for saying that he doesn't want to get lynched. He is pretty clearly trying to stop Chic from getting lynched.

Meinberg posted:

I feel like merk's case on Chic is fine, but his defense of it seems scummy to me.

I'd vote merk today.

Meinberg posted:

Welp

##unvote
##vote Somber

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I still think Meinberg is scum. He doesn't have any D3 content but these are his last two posts on D2 before Chic got lynched. In light of Chic's flip I think they are pretty scummy.

He tries to make the Chic case look bad and then votes Somber for saying that he doesn't want to get lynched. He is pretty clearly trying to stop Chic from getting lynched.

I agree with you. Meinberg is on my radar and I think he is scummy.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I also think Diqnol's story is full of holes.

On D2 he thought his ring was a vig.
On N2 he used it on Merk.
On D3 he hedged on Merk and still thought he might be scum.

Now he's claiming to have protected Merk from the NK.

Why did he use the item on merk N2 when he thought it was possibly a vig? Why is he now claiming he did it to protect merk when on D3 he was on the fence about voting merk?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If you thought it was a vig, wouldn't you use it on someone you were suspicious of? When is he claiming he settled on it being a doc?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I also think Diqnol's story is full of holes.

On D2 he thought his ring was a vig.
On N2 he used it on Merk.
On D3 he hedged on Merk and still thought he might be scum.

Now he's claiming to have protected Merk from the NK.

Why did he use the item on merk N2 when he thought it was possibly a vig? Why is he now claiming he did it to protect merk when on D3 he was on the fence about voting merk?

Here's the plainly obvious truth of that: I, even now, do not trust merk. If I was wrong and it protected merk and ended up blocking a kill, great. If it vigged him, that too is fine. Win/win.

Let me know when you're ready to admit your case yesterday sucked.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

So here's the only way your story makes sense: TNL comes in claiming doctor. If that's the case, then I get lynched and he gets lynched tomorrow. That'd be his best case scenario. If he claims anything other than doctor, it no longer makes sense unless I tracked merk tracking Ninth or something batshit like that. Otherwise, I wouldn't have claimed when I did as scum. But the fact that you pushed this story would look bad for you, so I'm not buying that you're scum. I just think you've been wrong a lot this game.

With all of that said, please revisit your case from yesterday and respond to my response to it. Thank you and god bless.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

True and Real posted:

NEVER!!!!!

True and Real posted:

With all of that said, please revisit your case from yesterday and respond to my response to it. Thank you and god bless.

Remember how yesterday I extended you the courtesy of replying in your own time?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Indeed. I just want to make sure you intend to do it, as you made sure I intended to respond to yours.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

True and Real posted:

Indeed. I just want to make sure you intend to do it, as you made sure I intended to respond to yours.

Absolutely.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

True and Real posted:

Here's the plainly obvious truth of that: I, even now, do not trust merk. If I was wrong and it protected merk and ended up blocking a kill, great. If it vigged him, that too is fine. Win/win.

This is not how a town player thinks.

You've immediately voted TNL on the basis that he tried to kill merk, but you think it is possible that merk is scum - which would mean he couldn't be the target of a NK.

If you were really not sure that merk was town, you wouldn't have immediately voted TNL.

If merk is scum - which you think is a possibility - there are plenty of other reasons for TNL to visit him.

I'm not arguing here TNL/Merk are town or scum. Just pointing out how your thoughts and actions are not consistent with being town.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What if it is the thought process of town?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

What's your opinion on Meinberg? Town or scum?

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is not how a town player thinks.

You've immediately voted TNL on the basis that he tried to kill merk, but you think it is possible that merk is scum - which would mean he couldn't be the target of a NK.

If you were really not sure that merk was town, you wouldn't have immediately voted TNL.

If merk is scum - which you think is a possibility - there are plenty of other reasons for TNL to visit him.

I'm not arguing here TNL/Merk are town or scum. Just pointing out how your thoughts and actions are not consistent with being town.

What if there is an SK?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

What's your opinion on Meinberg? Town or scum?

Town as of the last time I looked at him. I say that only because I didn't look at him in light of the Asiina flip. I'll be home soon.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've thought about it a lot and think TNL tried to kill me.

I also think Diqnol is town because Chic gave him that item in hopes of looking town. Only I am ridiculous enough to do scum on scum night actions to try to get Tracked/Watched.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

I've thought about it a lot and think TNL tried to kill me.

I also think Diqnol is town because Chic gave him that item in hopes of looking town. Only I am ridiculous enough to do scum on scum night actions to try to get Tracked/Watched.

I keep going back and forth on this.

I want TNL to weigh in first.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is one of those situations that I can't really articulate but something feels weird.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I think the situation just feels weird because we're all ready to go and waiting on someone specifically to respond to claims, which is not a common occurrence in my experience.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who do you think is scum and why, Meinberg?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

merk posted:

Who do you think is scum and why, Meinberg?

I'm fairly sure that The Ninth Layer is scum.

I don't know why, but I've been leaning town on Diqnol this game. Something about his posting has just seemed very sincere to me, and his claim seems like something that would be piss poor to fakeclaim. Also, I still find The Ninth Layer's unique support of Rarity throughout D1 to be striking, in comparison to the near universal aggression towards her. It felt, and still feels, more like scum buddying up to town than a legitimate read on his part.

Beyond that, I'm less certain and would need to do a reread in the light of more recent flips.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Meinberg posted:

I'm fairly sure that The Ninth Layer is scum.

I don't know why, but I've been leaning town on Diqnol this game. Something about his posting has just seemed very sincere to me, and his claim seems like something that would be piss poor to fakeclaim. Also, I still find The Ninth Layer's unique support of Rarity throughout D1 to be striking, in comparison to the near universal aggression towards her. It felt, and still feels, more like scum buddying up to town than a legitimate read on his part.

Beyond that, I'm less certain and would need to do a reread in the light of more recent flips.

When do you plan on doing this re-read?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

fiery_valkyrie posted:

When do you plan on doing this re-read?

I make no promises.

But I should be more free this weekend.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

True and Real posted:

So here's the only way your story makes sense: TNL comes in claiming doctor. If that's the case, then I get lynched and he gets lynched tomorrow. That'd be his best case scenario. If he claims anything other than doctor, it no longer makes sense unless I tracked merk tracking Ninth or something batshit like that. Otherwise, I wouldn't have claimed when I did as scum. But the fact that you pushed this story would look bad for you, so I'm not buying that you're scum. I just think you've been wrong a lot this game.

What are you even trying to say with the bolded part? You don't seem to have a clear understanding of what the ring does, but that's fine. What do you think it does? And what did you think it was D2 and D3?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Meinberg, take my claim out of the picture. Why is TNL scum?

I admit that I don't have a case beyond a weird guy worry which prompted the action. He's too reasonable.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

What are you even trying to say with the bolded part? You don't seem to have a clear understanding of what the ring does, but that's fine. What do you think it does? And what did you think it was D2 and D3?

Hm, I was pointing out how weird the situation would have to be for her "case" about my merk protection to be a scum move with the bolded part, the ring for the 20th time probably is a doctor though I still don't know that with certainty. D2 I thought it was either that or a vig but as I explained my thoughts to the thread I realized it was probably a protection. After using it on Merk n2, I was certain at least that it wasn't a vig and the flavor lent to it being a protection of some kind, so I now believe it's a doctor, especially with the TNL thing. As I said before, inductive reasoning ftw.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe I'm paranoid but how about of Diqnol's thing is a jail/RB and merk tried to kill someone

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Amoeba, do you have any reason to think I jailed kaschei n1?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
That's irrational merk fear bubbling up inside of you. Take an Alka Selzer.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

True and Real posted:

Hm, I was pointing out how weird the situation would have to be for her "case" about my merk protection to be a scum move with the bolded part, the ring for the 20th time probably is a doctor though I still don't know that with certainty. D2 I thought it was either that or a vig but as I explained my thoughts to the thread I realized it was probably a protection. After using it on Merk n2, I was certain at least that it wasn't a vig and the flavor lent to it being a protection of some kind, so I now believe it's a doctor, especially with the TNL thing. As I said before, inductive reasoning ftw.

All right, just wondering why you used something you were pretty sure is a doc on someone you were suspicious of. Twice. How much did you think merk was scum? Maybe I'm not reading your posts right, but it doesn't make sense to me.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

True and Real posted:

Amoeba, do you have any reason to think I jailed kaschei n1?

None at all.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

What if I told you I do not trust merk but my better judgement told me he was probably town? As I told FV earlier, merk had lynched scum so I thought it likely he'd be a target, not realizing Byers was the smarter protect because Merk was the obvious choice. I chose merk again because he was no longer the obvious choice of the day before, Somber was. It took my Byers error to learn how to outwit our hapless scum team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

That's irrational merk fear bubbling up inside of you. Take an Alka Selzer.

I seriously love voting merk and causing merk's death and generally being a man, naked save for the newly cut and still bloody skin of a deer, dancing in front of merk and wildly pointing my finger as he seethes, unable to handle the wildness he sees before him, but I don't think merk is scum this time.

• Locked thread