Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
http://youtu.be/19lLBjAfIjI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
The South African shirt is a bit basic, but not tooooo bad.

I have had my shirt since 2002 and should probably update it.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
This cricinfo piece on bat making is pretty good

http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/787773.html

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Well at least Australia's is a huge improvement over the current abomination.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
IWC should mandate 1992 WC shirts to be worn now and forever

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Drugs posted:

Nah, the 1980s ones are far better, especially the WSC shirts

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
I had the misfortune of listening to the Fairfax commentary for one of the t20 and oo boy it was bad.

Greg Matthews and some nameless flog were terrible.

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

Very cool - well worth a read. Though now I do want to replace my bat.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Drugs posted:

gently caress yes.

Meanwhile, the New Zealand one isn't half bad.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Vagabundo posted:

gently caress yes.

Hard to believe these fat, old, alcoholics couldn't hit the ball as far as Keiron Pollard.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
The person who "designed" Cricinfo's new layout needs to be taken out the back and shot.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Cat Terrist posted:

The person who "designed" Cricinfo's new layout needs to be taken out the back and shot.

Every sports website I go to has, over the last 3-4 years, had a couple of redesigns each and in each of them it introduces more blank space and reduces the readability and amount of content. And they probably cost tens of thousands.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Every sports website I go to has, over the last 3-4 years, had a couple of redesigns each and in each of them it introduces more blank space and reduces the readability and amount of content. And they probably cost tens of thousands.

It's because the latest design fad is to attempt to achieve consistency across desktop, tablet, and mobile platforms. Five years ago websites looked great on desktops and laptops and horrible on phones and tablets (? did they exist yet); today the reverse is true.

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

gently caress yes.

Meanwhile, the New Zealand one isn't half bad.

Too much blue. New Zealand aren't blue. Beige or black please.

England's is surprisingly decent mind, although would be vastly improved by removing the Waitrose bit.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The BBC are testing a new layout for their news website. It looks pretty similar.

They probably spent hundreds of thousands though.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gambrinus posted:

Too much blue. New Zealand aren't blue. Beige or black please.

yeah this. That shirt does nothing for me and seems way too similar to other kits.

In saying that NZ cricket have gone through so many different colours and styles that they don't really have an identity. It's about time they chose a colour and stuck to it really.

NIGARS
Sep 12, 2004

yeah nigars

Ewar Woowar posted:

yeah this. That shirt does nothing for me and seems way too similar to other kits.

In saying that NZ cricket have gone through so many different colours and styles that they don't really have an identity. It's about time they chose a colour and stuck to it really.

We've previously had such vibrant team colours as beige, grey and slightly darker grey. I think poo poo brown is currently available, maybe we should snaffle that up.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...

Ewar Woowar posted:

Bring back the teal!

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Ewar Woowar posted:

They could just stick to black but they seem to have an aversion to doing so for cricket. Teal with black wasn't bad, like they wore in that series in 1997-98, and South Africa wore red on green on the same template. :barf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5LPeJx7Ig

(Also contains young Daniel Vettori!)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
They need to get some blue in there for Ford.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Deadly Hume posted:

They could just stick to black but they seem to have an aversion to doing so for cricket. Teal with black wasn't bad, like they wore in that series in 1997-98, and South Africa wore red on green on the same template. :barf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AP5LPeJx7Ig

(Also contains young Daniel Vettori!)

I can understand not wanting to play cricket all day in black. It's fine for the All Blacks as they're mostly playing night games. Go back to beige and stick to it, it's iconic at least.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

They only need a black hat to fulfill the naming requirement.

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

Windies' world cup kit is dope.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Shame the team is poo poo.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Mister Chief posted:

Shame the team is poo poo.

Good enough to make the Quarter Finals then who knows, all it takes is Gayle to hit form at the right time.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm more just talking about the politics.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Guess who Australia's first warm up match is against.

India

e: According to cricinfo readers, Bangladesh have a better bowling attack than England.

Airstream Driver fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 7, 2015

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Warne's son got a hatrick/4 wickets in 5 balls today.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The graphics package for the world cup is loving ugly.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Binny opening the bowling lol

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He got Finch to squeal like a stuck pig.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Mister Chief posted:

The graphics package for the world cup is loving ugly.

Looks like a video game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

So sky nz are playing aus and England's warm ups but neither of nz's?

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
I'm glad they have a little progress bar at the bottom because otherwise how could you tell how far into the game 8 overs is.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

So sky nz are playing aus and England's warm ups but neither of nz's?

Seems like only the matches in Aussie are on.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Brett824 posted:

I'm glad they have a little progress bar at the bottom because otherwise how could you tell how far into the game 8 overs is.
For people who grew up watching T20.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

No Brayshaw or Healy commentary!

http://www.oneindia.com/sports/cricket/full-list-commentators-icc-cricket-world-cup-2015-1646207.html

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Brett824 posted:

It does show when the wickets fell which is handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Where are the hashtags?