Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Survivor: Unflattering swimsuits

lol, for real

Pony: Shirin

Poison: Rodney, no way is he a fan of the show or knows anything about strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

savinhill posted:

lol, for real

Poison: Rodney, no way is he a fan of the show or knows anything about strategy

I agree with all these sentiments, especially the swimsuit part.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
well... this looks like it could be an interesting cast.

pony: shirin. seems cool.

poison: joaquin. seems like a douche. watch the guy who complains about the game being the same poo poo over and over and how he'll be something you've never seen before make the exactly the same mistakes everyone else does. he'll self-fulfill his own opinion.

also vince is more fabio than fabio. at least he is self-aware enough to realize it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Joaquin
Which Survivor Contestant are you like: I’m not like any prior contestants. It’s the first time you’ll ever see anyone like me. I promise you will enjoy this.

Rodney
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: No one! Nobody is going to play this game like how you’re about to see me play!

:jerkbag:

Also four "I'm going to be like Parvati" contestants. We only had one of those last season in Kelley and that didn't work out so well for her.

But, hell, I'd love to be surprised some of these claims.

Poison: Rodney

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I appreciate them putting all the assholes in one tribe so I only have to be bothered by them for 1/3rd of an episode.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

So many lovely tattoos.

Pony: Dan, because I always end up rooting for the old guys even though he's not really that old.

Poison: Rodney easily. The douchebag is strong with this one.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Pony:

quote:

Name (Age): Lindsey Cascaddan, 24
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I most relate to Ciera from Blood vs. Water because she’s a young mom, a hairstylist, and I think she made big moves when it mattered most. She’s hard working and competitive. I’m all that, plus strength!

Poison:

quote:

Name (Age): Dan Foley, 47
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I think I have Stephenie’s competitive spirit, Tony’s cunning and scheming gameplay, and Rupert’s strength, love of family and stunning good looks.

Stephenie, Tony, and Rupert? That's a hat trick of awfulness.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

My blind snap judgement picks based on just the picture and a brief scan of the bios.

Pony - Mike Holloway

Here is this season's winner. He plays Frolf, the sport of winners.

Poison - Max Dawson, Ph.D.

This guy just oozes douche on the picture alone.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 7, 2015

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I'm convinced they cast Joaquin soley for the exciting early pre-merge episode where he goes down in flames, a la Garrett and Drew.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Who the gently caress is Kelly
http://youtube.com/watch?v=9RCEgtHNgTw&t=14m3s

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Robnoxious posted:

My blind snap judgement picks based on just the picture and a brief scan of the bios.

Poison - Max Dawson, Ph.D.

This guy just oozes douche on the picture alone.

Just scanning the bios, I don't think I want to pick anyone as a pony and just kind of want to watch all of them suffer. Honestly, the only one I might pull for is the so called 'YouTube Sensation' because his little youtube video was actually kind of funny and he busted out Livin' on a Prayer without needing the words.

However, I have to agree with you that Max is definitely my poison. His whole little bio blurb is just absolutely insufferable. It has a bit of misogyny, a bit of unnecessary vanity and it's full of smug bravado.

Also, hey Tyler, 'playing' for 7 professional football teams in 4 years and never making it off the practice squad isn't exactly something to brag about.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I can't believe they finally cast Max Dawson on Survivor. he's either going to be amazing or awful. (for those who don't know, he teaches classes on Survior/reality TV; and has appeared on various survivor/reality tv related podcasts - Rob Cesternino, Dom & Colin, etc as a guest academic to analyse the performances of the players etc)

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 7, 2015

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

I can't believe they finally cast Max Dawson on Survivor. he's either going to be amazing or awful. (for those who don't know, he teaches classes on Survior/reality TV; and has appeared on various survivor/reality tv related podcasts - Rob Cesternino, Dom & Colin, etc as a guest academic to analyse the performances of the players etc)

first boot

kitten
Feb 6, 2003
Apparently there's no blue collar in California.

Pony: Tyler - At least he thought out his responses.

Poison: Carolyn - Hilary Clinton?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

Oh, my poison is that Survivor professor guy. I knew one of them was but didn't know the name. His bio doth protests too much methinks but if he's that much of a superfan he may stick around. It all depends on how he plays the early game and if other people don't recognize him.

By now, if you want to go on this show you are well aware of the Survivorverse (RHAP and Survivor Sucks etc.) He might get sniffed out quickly as an immediate threat.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

Oh, my poison is that Survivor professor guy. I knew one of them was but didn't know the name. His bio doth protests too much methinks but if he's that much of a superfan he may stick around. It all depends on how he plays the early game and if other people don't recognize him.

By now, if you want to go on this show you are well aware of the Survivorverse (RHAP and Survivor Sucks etc.) He might get sniffed out quickly as an immediate threat.

There are tons of people who get cast on survivor who haven't seen an episode in their lives beforehand. That being said, even the ones who are fans and have listened to podcasts and stuff probably wouldn't have a clue what Dawson looks like, or be able to recognise his voice, Even if they were aware of him from the podcasts - that's the benefit of being mostly internet famous. I recognised the name but if you'd showed me his picture without the name I wouldn't have had a clue who he was.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

There are tons of people who get cast on survivor who haven't seen an episode in their lives beforehand. That being said, even the ones who are fans and have listened to podcasts and stuff probably wouldn't have a clue what Dawson looks like, or be able to recognise his voice, Even if they were aware of him from the podcasts - that's the benefit of being mostly internet famous. I recognised the name but if you'd showed me his picture without the name I wouldn't have had a clue who he was.
Oh for sure and let's face it, casting loves to throw in totally green recruits for drama. Now that I know Max is the armchair quarterback for the show, what he does early on is important to his livelihood in the game. I just see him coming out too hard and too fast or too sly and sketchy because he's researched this show up and down and sideways.

It's quite easy to analyze from the warmth of your living room. It's quite another to be thrown into the environment. He obviously knows certain tools and tactics to employ as a grandstand watcher. The trick is can he do so when in the thick of it?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

Oh for sure and let's face it, casting loves to throw in totally green recruits for drama. Now that I know Max is the armchair quarterback for the show, what he does early on is important to his livelihood in the game. I just see him coming out too hard and too fast or too sly and sketchy because he's researched this show up and down and sideways.

It's quite easy to analyze from the warmth of your living room. It's quite another to be thrown into the environment. He obviously knows certain tools and tactics to employ as a grandstand watcher. The trick is can he do so when in the thick of it?

In a way, he's like Cochran.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

In a way, he's like Cochran.
Cochran needed two tries.
The only first run winners I can think of that had their poo poo together from the jump were Richard Hatch and Brian Heidik (Sandra too I suppose).

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 7, 2015

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Robnoxious posted:

Cochran needed two tries.
The only first run winners I can think of that had their poo poo together from the jump were Richard Hatch and Brian Heidik (Sandra too I suppose).

But dawson has the advantage of learning from Cochran's two tries. Also unlike Cochran, he isn't a young, physically weak, insecure goony nerd on a tribe of alpha jocks - Cochran could have gone much further his first time round if he had a different tribe.

He's older, is a university professor - used to teaching classes, public speaking, etc. Better socially adjusted, and, importantly, is on a tribe skewed more towards older people used to using their brains and their social skills. It's a vastly different dynamic.

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

The Lord Bude posted:

But dawson has the advantage of learning from Cochran's two tries. Also unlike Cochran, he isn't a young, physically weak, insecure goony nerd on a tribe of alpha jocks - Cochran could have gone much further his first time round if he had a different tribe.

He's older, is a university professor - used to teaching classes, public speaking, etc. Better socially adjusted, and, importantly, is on a tribe skewed more towards older people used to using their brains and their social skills. It's a vastly different dynamic.

You can prepare for the game but you can't prepare for the people cause you don't know who you will play with/against (Casaya, Gabon).
The only tip I could think is to never ally with anyone named Kelly.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

This cast looks mostly insufferable. What's with all the horrible stomach/rib tattoos?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

dantheman650 posted:

This cast looks mostly insufferable. What's with all the horrible stomach/rib tattoos?
Getting ink is the perm of old.
Tats are so mainstream that not having one is considered weird.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

dantheman650 posted:

Thats what I was wondering. Whats with the tiny letters on the abdomen tattoos? Who is it ment for?

Robnoxious posted:

Well I already knew I was weird.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

Robnoxious posted:

Robnoxious posted:

I have tattoos too, no judgement here. I just counted 6 people with noticeably bad tattoos on their ribs or around their stomachs, including good ol' Chinese character guy.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

dantheman650 posted:

Rib tats were badass at one point because they hurt so much to get, so then of course everyone got them

My sister got hers at age 22, some sort of cliche motivational quote or something

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Hobbies: "laughing,"

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I want to hate Max, but then he posts stuff like this making fun of everyone's B-footage in their cast video:

https://vine.co/v/OTM9KXUalbZ

Pony: So Kim

I don't think that I really dislike anyone.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Knee jerk reactions, Max definitely seems like the kind of know it all, smug douche I'll absolutely hate.

Knee jerk pony I guess is Lindsey? I dunno. I probably just think she's cute.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Oh god, I'm watching through Caramoan for the first time, Jeff's massage for Brandon is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Survivor. It starts off subtle, with just the one hand, but then it turns into a full-blown massage and just keeps going through the whole impromptu tribal. Amazing.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Just watched through Micronesia.

I can't believe Erik gave up the immunity necklace.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Met posted:

Just watched through Micronesia.

I can't believe Erik gave up the immunity necklace.

This is the greatest moment in Survivor history

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

thexerox123 posted:

Oh god, I'm watching through Caramoan for the first time, Jeff's massage for Brandon is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on Survivor. It starts off subtle, with just the one hand, but then it turns into a full-blown massage and just keeps going through the whole impromptu tribal. Amazing.
The highlight of that was Reynolds asking Jeff to do the "TRIBE wins immunity!" with the hand raise.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

This is the greatest moment in Survivor history

I am 150 to 200 percent satisfied with my wife.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Propaganda Machine posted:

I am 150 to 200 percent satisfied with my wife.

That's not even second place. That goes to "it's a loving stick".

Micronesia was the most amazing season :allears:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Rarity posted:

That's not even second place. That goes to "it's a loving stick".

Micronesia was the most amazing season :allears:

And Thailand was the derpiest by a long shot, and this was, like, half an episode of pure comedy. Ghandia screams at literally nothing. They have a tribe meeting to talk about the grinding.

Sorry, but even Eliza eyerolls can't compare.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
For everybody who hasn't seen/doesn't remember Thailand, and you can be forgiven for that:

Funniest moment ever

That timestamp is the beginning of the good stuff, but you can go to the beginning of the video for context, and the 7-minute mark for the magic moment :allears:

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Propaganda Machine posted:

For everybody who hasn't seen/doesn't remember Thailand, and you can be forgiven for that:

[video type="youtu"]SywCEf1fXe8[/video]

That timestamp is the beginning of the good stuff, but you can go to the beginning of the video for context, and the 7-minute mark for the magic moment :allears:

It's actually the only season I haven't watched so far.

Edit: What the christ.....

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Nexal posted:

Good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Nexal posted:

Edit: What the christ.....

Jeff had said that Thailand was among his least favorite seasons. Though this was a good long time ago.

• Locked thread