Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CBS has pulled The McCarthys from the schedule because it was apparently dragging down Elementary's ratings, which were better with reruns of BBT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

CBS has pulled The McCarthys from the schedule because it was apparently dragging down Elementary's ratings, which were better with reruns of BBT.

I don't know it this means that CBS is realizing that it wasn't funny or CBS is realizing that they need more show that are funny.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

screenwritersblues posted:

I don't know it this means that CBS is realizing that it wasn't funny or CBS is realizing that they need more show that are funny.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

True, but one funny show isn't really that much, and ratings-wise Mom doesn't set the world on fire unfortunately.

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
I've PMed SteveVizsla (creator of The Amazing Race 25's thread) and gotten their blessing to take over for TAR 26.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is anyone planning on making a thread for The Last Man on Earth? I'm thinking it probably will deserve one, though I'm a little concerned that it'll devolve into goons making lovely arguments about apocalypse situations and discussing their own grand plans for what they'd do if they were the only person alive.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

lelandjs posted:

Is anyone planning on making a thread for The Last Man on Earth? I'm thinking it probably will deserve one, though I'm a little concerned that it'll devolve into goons making lovely arguments about apocalypse situations and discussing their own grand plans for what they'd do if they were the only person alive.

Make one but put it in the OP that nobody is to do that in the thread because it's a goddamn sitcom not fantasy doomsday survival.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Battle Creek is also premiering tonight and is receiving moderately positive reviews, that could use a thread.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

hcreight posted:

Battle Creek is also premiering tonight and is receiving moderately positive reviews, that could use a thread.

poo poo, that's the new Vince Gilligan show, isn't it. I'd set it up, but I abandoned Arrow after a couple of weeks (I've caught up since!) so I don't trust myself with drama OPs anymore.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

lelandjs posted:

poo poo, that's the new Vince Gilligan show, isn't it. I'd set it up, but I abandoned Arrow after a couple of weeks (I've caught up since!) so I don't trust myself with drama OPs anymore.

Gilligan is a producer and wrote the pilot script (several years ago), but he probably isn't that big a creative presence on the show. But you could do worse than David Shore as showrunner. And the cast is good.

I'll throw a thread together if no one else wants to but by all means someone else grab it if they want it. I guess I'll lay my claim on it.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 1, 2015

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.

McOgre posted:

I haven't read the book, but I'm pretty excited for it. I've been waiting to see it since it's been announced, which feels like was forever ago.

I have also not read the book, but I'm enjoying this show so far. I didn't notice a thread for it, though. Does anyone else here like it?

Edit: Oh wait I found it.

Nickoten fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 8, 2015

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
Anyone making a thread for American Crime/Secrets and Lies?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

It should have been a stillborn show. The McCarthys is proof positive that Jews don't run Hollywood (if they ever have), obnoxious Massholes do.

I know the season's over, but did anyone make a thread for Man Seeking Woman? That show and Broad City made Wednesday nights awesome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

No, it kind of just slipped through the cracks. Hopefully when season 2 comes around more people show an interest.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It was being talked about in whatever aired next to it, I can't remember what show.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Odyssey got renamed to American Odyssey for some reason.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Sober posted:

People thought "Odyssey" had to do with Homer's Odyssey.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sober posted:

People thought "Odyssey" had to do with the Honda Odyssey.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

No, it kind of just slipped through the cracks. Hopefully when season 2 comes around more people show an interest.
If no one else makes the thread next season, I will. After following the proper steps here, of course.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

hcreight posted:

Gilligan is a producer and wrote the pilot script (several years ago), but he probably isn't that big a creative presence on the show. But you could do worse than David Shore as showrunner. And the cast is good.

I'll throw a thread together if no one else wants to but by all means someone else grab it if they want it. I guess I'll lay my claim on it.
Gilligan did an interview recently and it sounds like he has basically no involvement. He just wrote the pilot. This is David Shore's thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Last Man on Earth was renewed for a second season.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Supergirl ordered to series, surprising no one and exciting everyone. :neckbeard:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Looks awful

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
They still have time to fix the costume and find an actual blonde to play Supergirl.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
The Mindy Project has been canceled, but may get picked up by Hulu

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/05/06/fox-cancels-mindy-project-hulu
http://deadline.com/2015/05/mindy-project-hulu-pickup-2-seasons-1201421385/

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

According to Mindy it HAS been picked up now. Crazy.

https://twitter.com/mindykaling/status/599625738870853632

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Axel Serenity posted:

Supergirl ordered to series, surprising no one and exciting everyone. :neckbeard:

You've obviously never been exposed to any kind of media that stars a superherione on a screen.

And isn't animated.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Klaus88 posted:

You've obviously never been exposed to any kind of media that stars a superherione on a screen.

And isn't animated.

Also is animated, if you count Young Justice.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Klaus88 posted:

And isn't animated.

RIP Super Best Friends Forever

pendulous thread
Aug 14, 2011

Sell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

2015-2016 Network Schedule thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3723901

• Locked thread