Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I like how in part 2 of the show Ema has gotten to be a helpful senpai too. She went through a trial by fire and came out the better for it. She will help her new little sidekick well, I am sure of it :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
The only way this show can get better is if new guy's chronic inability to show respect and give a gently caress leads to no less than Tarou ripping him a new rear end in a top hat.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

This must be how a lot of people react to nonverbal ultramoe girl.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

This was a good episode, like most episodes of shirobako, which are good.

Tarou being just a butthole instead of a gently caress up is weird and satisfying character development.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

"No matter who we hire, they can't be worse than Tarou" :shepicide:

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 7, 2015

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

How wrong we were...

I can't tell if this is leading up to that dude being poo poo canned or leading up to him turning into someone who isn't a knob.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
Five studios in six years, and you want him to turn it around now? :cmon:

The Modern Sky fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 8, 2015

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Understanding posted:

Five studios in six years, and you want him to turn it around now? :cmon:

4 studios in 5 years.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

4 studios in 5 years.

Next year, it'll probably be 5 studios in 6 years.

this allusion meant
Apr 9, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Ah man, yeah. I get that 'office drone' is probably near the bottom of the pile in terms of healthy jobs, but you'd still think a guy who bakes tasty treats for a living would find a bit tougher to loving liquify the pounds like that.

Also, I legit cracked up when Kinoshita asked "WHATEVER HAPPENDED TO OUR FAT ALLIANCE?!"
Dude doesn't get high off his own supply, clearly.

I will legitimately be totally okay with anime shifting from high school moe bullshit to young working adult moe bullshit on the strength of this show. Probably.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!
I too hope workplace moe become the wave of the future. There was even that short anime about a newlywed couple. I just want to see more grownup environments in my shows that aren't paramilitary forces made by people who probably haven't held a firearm in generations.

MonsterEnvy posted:

4 studios in 5 years.

we'll see. :smug:

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

DamnGlitch posted:

I can't tell if this is leading up to that dude being poo poo canned or leading up to him turning into someone who isn't a knob.

Hes getting so little screentime that I would guess hes gonna get poo poo canned, assuming hes not some insiduous double agent whos there solely to gently caress poo poo up.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

That is my hope, but he's literally been not at the studio til the last ep so hard to know. definitively. It IS anime so I sometimes have trouble leaning on the obvious answer (throw him out on his rear end).

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

dogsicle posted:

Honda looks weird now.
Uhhhhhh, no. Honda is now the best wife in the show. He was already cute, responsible, determined, dedicated, kind, and friendly. Now that he's not stressed and he is doing something that he loves, those qualities can only be magnified!! Patissier wife!!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

vivisecting posted:

Uhhhhhh, no. Honda is now the best wife in the show. He was already cute, responsible, determined, dedicated, kind, and friendly. Now that he's not stressed and he is doing something that he loves, those qualities can only be magnified!! Patissier wife!!!

In retrospect, yeah it sucked that he was stressed. But before they dropped all that on us I definitely wasn't thinking "hmmm there's a bigger reason behind him being fat" and just liked him being Director's nagging wife/jailer/fat patissier. The weight loss was just weird and abrupt and he also wasn't dressed in his endearing Honda style.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Again it's probably based on something that actually happened with a real person.

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL

StandardVC10 posted:

This must be how a lot of people react to nonverbal ultramoe girl.

I love blonde highlights girl just for that expression

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

She is great. Even the anime otaku is like "wtf is this"

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

.Clash posted:

Again it's probably based on something that actually happened with a real person.

I feel like every character besides the main five are probably based on some staff member encountered in the past, either directly or by anecdote.

Arkeus
Jul 21, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I feel like every character besides the main five are probably based on some staff member encountered in the past, either directly or by anecdote.

That is flat out said by the studio :D

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
http://a.pomf.se/slhabn.webm

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Studio Titanic is everything you imagined.

And Yano returns!

Make sure to watch the part after the ED.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
With this episode ending, I guess you shouldn't be surprised with what you get when you align yourself with Studio Taitanic. I did like the old drunken art guy though for how curmudgeonly he was. Also yaaaaay Yano-san is back~

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Good Listener posted:

I did like the old drunken art guy though for how curmudgeonly he was. Also yaaaaay Yano-san is back~

What's the real guy's name?

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Super shy moe girl makes my blood boil when she's onscreen.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
http://a.pomf.se/gtwgou.webm

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

lmao perfect.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Just loop this forever.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

K. Flaps posted:

Super shy moe girl makes my blood boil when she's onscreen.

I liked her in the last episode because she was really fun to watch emote even though she still can't string a sentence together. This episode, meh.

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

That is the best thing ever.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I can't view .webm files on this computer. :(

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Save it to your desktop, pretty sure a basic video player can play it.

That thing is amazing.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i wanted that girl to get fired so the redhead could get a job, but then she was really sad and i got all feels for her

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh, man. The most reliable person is a raving drunkard. But that bartender was pretty great.

Stress level: critical. :ohdear:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
It's probably the third or fourth time I'm posting it in this thread, but:

:derp: :derp: aaaaa deadlines aaaaa :derp: :derp:

Other comments:

Yay for Yano being back!

The newbie voice actress is adorable, she's just so tense in the pre-recording meeting :3:

I stand by my assessment that super shy moe girl is probably somewhere on the autism spectrum.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Poil posted:

Oh, man. The most reliable person is a raving drunkard. But that bartender was pretty great.

Stress level: critical. :ohdear:

Don't worry, I already know who will save the day.

Don't believe me? But they have already foreshadowed it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

:aaaaa:

It's brilliant.

Feoffic
Feb 13, 2012

Just noticed that the turn that the new animator girl was working on is the same that Aoi makes at the end of the episode.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yes.

Also WOO YANO, BEST FRIEND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
To make more connections with GuP. The main character in that series was also voiced by a newcomer voice actor.

• Locked thread