Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

There are two guys loudly talking about Brian Williams directly outside of my apartment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
I haven't been following the news but didn't he recently make up some sort of news story?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Superrodan posted:

I haven't been following the news but didn't he recently make up some sort of news story?

He said he was on a chopper that went down/took fire when he was reporting on the iraq war and he wasn't.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Superrodan posted:

Here's a write-up on it - http://tktk.gawker.com/we-are-watching-brian-williams-entire-career-implode-1684260900

but like really, Saturday evening right outside of a stranger's apartment's door? That?

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Ah. Well, that sucks if true. He always seemed to be good at his job.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Superrodan posted:

Ah. Well, that sucks if true. He always seemed to be good at his job.

Seemed being the key word there

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Welcome back for episode 3.

Coin Count:

Game rules coming up.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
69 baybay

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

For the last challenge of the day, we’ll be playing a game called Scamming Auction.

Scamming Auction

Before we start this game, each player will receive 50 OWURG BUX. OWURG BUX are not coins, but if you would like more you can buy them with coins. It costs 1 coin to get one OWURG BUX. To exchange coins for bux, message Carp.

In scamming auction 7 covered auction lots will be presented and numbered 1-7. Each lot will have be coloured red, blue or yellow. For 40 minutes players will be able to bid on lots with BUX. All lots are available for bidding on for the entire 40 minutes. At the end of the 40 minutes each lot will be given to the player who has bid the most on it.

To bid on a lot, make a post like this:

quote:

##bid 10 BUX on lot 5

If your bid is not more than the highest bid on that lot it will not be counted.

Each player will receive one clue about the auction lots. 1 clue on it’s own is not worth much, but many clues together will reveal the lot numbers of the prizes. In addition to the clues you are provided, 3 more clues will be revealed at 10 minute intervals. Finally, 2 additional clues will be available to purchase for 15 coins each. To buy a clue IM on skype and specify if you’d like Clue A or Clue B or both. Two copies of each clue are available. After a clue has been bought twice it can no longer be bought. You can buy a clue more than once.

Finally, to make a bid you must pay BUX surcharge. This means it will cost you a number of BUX for each bid you make. The surcharge starts as 0 and increases by 2 every 10 minutes

When this games starts there will be No trade

I'll take questions before showing you what fabulous prizes will be available in this auction.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

MildManeredManikin posted:

For the last challenge of the day, we’ll be playing a game called Scamming Auction.

Scamming Auction

Before we start this game, each player will receive 50 OWURG BUX. OWURG BUX are not coins, but if you would like more you can buy them with coins. It costs 1 coin to get one OWURG BUX. To exchange coins for bux, message Carp.

In scamming auction 7 covered auction lots will be presented and numbered 1-7. Each lot will have be coloured red, blue or yellow. For 40 minutes players will be able to bid on lots with BUX. All lots are available for bidding on for the entire 40 minutes. At the end of the 40 minutes each lot will be given to the player who has bid the most on it.

To bid on a lot, make a post like this:

If your bid is not more than the highest bid on that lot it will not be counted.

Each player will receive one clue about the auction lots. 1 clue on it’s own is not worth much, but many clues together will reveal the lot numbers of the prizes. In addition to the clues you are provided, 3 more clues will be revealed at 10 minute intervals. Finally, 2 additional clues will be available to purchase for 15 coins each. To buy a clue IM on skype and specify if you’d like Clue A or Clue B or both. Two copies of each clue are available. After a clue has been bought twice it can no longer be bought. You can buy a clue more than once.

Finally, to make a bid you must pay BUX surcharge. This means it will cost you a number of BUX for each bid you make. The surcharge starts as 0 and increases by 2 every 10 minutes

When this games starts there will be No trade

I'll take questions before showing you what fabulous prizes will be available in this auction.

who do we PM for clues

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Me

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Two more clarifications

Please Skype message me instead of PMing me.

At the end of the challenge you get 2 coins for every 5 BUX you have.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Here are the seven prizes in this auction:

• Immunity 1

• Immunity 2

• Secret Immunity

• 70 Coins

• Steam Card + 10 Coins

• CS avatar + avatar certificate + 10 Coins

• Wizard Battle + 10 Coins
Explanation of each item:

All items can be traded after the auction but a player will see what item they are going to get and get an option to accept it or decline it

Immunity - There are two immunities available in this auction. As soon as the challenge ends, the players with immunities are revealed and will not be eligible elimination candidates in the following elimination vote.

Secret Immunity - This item is not revealed at the end of the auction. It can be exchanged for immunity in the same way you can purchase immunity with coins but it does not increase the cost of purchasing immunity. It can be saved for a later episode.

70 coins - You get 70 coins. Yeehaw.

Steam Card - I will buy you a real steam game for $10 or less with my real money. 10 coins too.

CS Avatar + Avatar Certification +10 coins - The marvelous Carpet Shark (:coolfish:) will draw you an avatar AND you get an avatar certificate. 10 coins too. Great value here folks

Wizard Battle - An absolutely free copy of Jon Joe’s critically acclaimed and Award winning game Wizard Battle. 10 coins too.

Worth playing for?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Yes MMM

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
That looks awesome!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Add me on skype if you have not already, I am passing out clues

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

No chat right now, something came up

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
MMT please report to me on skype.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Here are the 7 lots

Bidding starts now.

In 10 minutes one clue will be revealed publicly and the bux surcharge will be increased from 0 to 2

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
For clarity, the revealed clues every 10 minutes will be different than player clues/purchasable clues.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
##bid 10 bux on 1

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

clue posted:

The Steam Card is yellow

The Surcharge is now 2

In 10 minutes another clue will be revealed and surcharge will be increased from 2 to 4

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

##bid 25 bux on lot 4

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##bid 50 bux on lot 7

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

##bid 50 bux on lot 7

illegal bet. surcharge is 2

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

clue posted:

The secret immunity is not lot 5

The Surcharge is now 4

In 10 minutes another clue will be revealed and surcharge will be increased from 4 to 6

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
##bid 46 bux on 3

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

##bid 46 bux on lot one

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##bid 46 bux on lot two

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

clue posted:

The Coin Bonus has an odd lot number

The Surcharge is now 6

In 10 minutes betting is over

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
No more clues?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

No more clues?

Correct

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Magnus Gallant posted:

No more clues?

That was the third one

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
##bid 52 on 1

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

##bid 52 on 1

dammit i meant 50 oh well

VivaNova
Sep 12, 2009

The most epic adventure ever undertaken
##bid 44 on 5

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
##bid 44 on 6

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

##bid 17 bux on 7

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Magnus what the hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Betting closed

Allow a moment for the results to be tabulated.

• Locked thread