Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full-Bodied Flavor

ron color posted:

hey i was checking out this cool looking game Apotheon, can anyone tell me about it?

i saw a map of different spots on olympus you can go, and it doesnt seem like its linear or anything

i downloaded this game and am gonna play it soon, from what i heard it's like a castlevania type map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am he

Pro Target posted:

bayonetta, friend

i thought that or vanquish. im gonna get the bayonetta pack for wii u soon..

posting smiling
a free experimental thing came out on steam the other day where you mess around with a pond ecosystem and watch how it reacts

it reminded me of this thing (java required) which is a cool evolution simulator

you can design organisms

and see if they survive and reproduce when placed with the randomly generated ones

Grass Effect

Classicist posted:

a free experimental thing came out on steam the other day where you mess around with a pond ecosystem and watch how it reacts

it reminded me of this thing (java required) which is a cool evolution simulator

you can design organisms

and see if they survive and reproduce when placed with the randomly generated ones

first it was the math stuff, now this. where do you find all this cool poo poo?

posting smiling

Ivy posted:

first it was the math stuff, now this. where do you find all this cool poo poo?

surfing the world wide web

Senior Management

If I was high I would play 6180 The Moon and it would be a transcendent experience but I am not high so it is just a cool game I like.

:jerry:

posting smiling
if i ran a biogenesis competition where people could submit an organism and have it face off in a last man standing style fight to the death against everybody else's, would anyone want to do that?

deep dish peat moss

Sure, but I'm just going to read a guide and create perfect beings like God did.

posting smiling

Funnypost Collabo posted:

Sure, but I'm just going to read a guide and create perfect beings like God did.

then i will also take a move from god's playbook and cast your being out of the garden of eden: terrordome (that's what i'll call the contest)

ron color
if you build the garden of eden terrordome; they will come

deep dish peat moss

Someone should post this thread: If God wrote a Strategy Guide

ron color
you might be the only one who can bring what you have in mind into reality --- mario

verily carefree

+1 for terrordome

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bull Runner posted:

star wars battlefront ii

sold

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

deep dish peat moss

Walkthrough
Chapter I: Genesis

Day 1:
Create Light, you'll be shocked at the combo bonuses you get off of later creations, this is the very first turn and it's the biggest opportunity for a combo generator for several years.

Day 2:
This is when you get to pick the location for your home base. I picked Heaven and this guide will assume that you did, too.

Day 3:
Start by withdrawing the waters, put your resources in to creating Sea and Earth. Your Light from Day 1 will combo off of these immediately and earn you a lot of Creation Points (CP)

Day 4:
Set up your resource production chains. This part depends on the Faith you chose at the start of the game, I'm not writing a guide for it.

Day 5:
Boss fight, just some sea beasts. They're not too bad. Once they're dead you can claim their territory, there's a lot of room for expansion so build some houses to boost pop. growth.

Day 6:
Here's where you get to design your villagers. I just chose Mankind, they're pretty average and easy to play. They mostly take care of themselves but they're locked to a Short game length, perfect for your first play.

Day 7:
Conjure yourself a beer because you can spend this whole day resting.

i am he

Walkthrough

Day 1:
Create Light, you'll be shocked at the combo bonuses you get off of later creations, this is the very first turn and it's the biggest opportunity for a combo generator for several years.

Day 2:
This is when you get to pick the location for your home base. I picked Heaven and this guide will assume that you did, too.

Day 3:
Start by withdrawing the waters, put your resources in to creating Sea and Earth. Your Light from Day 1 will combo off of these immediately and earn you a lot of Creation Points (CP)

Day 4:
Set up your resource production chains. This part depends on the Faith you chose at the start of the game, I'm not writing a guide for it.

Day 5:
Boss fight, just some sea beasts. They're not too bad. Once they're dead you can claim their territory, there's a lot of room for expansion so build some houses to boost pop. growth.

Day 6:
Here's where you get to design your villagers. I just chose Mankind, they're pretty average and easy to play. They mostly take care of themselves but they're locked to a Short game length, perfect for your first play.

Day 7:

posting smiling

Walkthrough

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day 5:

Day 6:

Day 7:

lol

Full-Bodied Flavor

Walkthrough

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Day 5:

Day 6:

Day 7:

landy.

:eyepop:

ron color

Walkthrough

drat man lol

joke_explainer

spacechem is great. I'm playing sunless sea.

you're a sea captain exploring the waters of a procedurally generated world. been done before I suppose, you slowly gather supplies and upgrade your ship and go through different stories at different ports, in a 'choose your own adventure' sort of format where you click on your decisions.

the writing is where it shines. it's not just a regular ocean, but it's called the 'Unterzee': It's an enormous cavern deep beneath the earth, filled with monsters and humans who have spent generations underground. the main 'home base' is Fallen London, London which somehow sunk deep underground. so you jet around in a little steam ship expending coal, with only the spotlight on the front of the ship to guide your way. it's fun

landy.

please confirm or deny that you are rulersmack.

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bull Runner posted:

please confirm or deny that you are rulersmack.

was*

----------------

i am he

lmao

Yobgoblin

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

----------------

Al Borland

by XyloJW

Pro Target posted:

mgr is the 2nd best platinum game

whats the 1st? Because MGR:R was pretty godlike.

Pro Target posted:

bayonetta, friend

oh...

----------------

Al Borland

by XyloJW

ron color posted:

hey i was checking out this cool looking game Apotheon, can anyone tell me about it?

i saw a map of different spots on olympus you can go, and it doesnt seem like its linear or anything

I once suggested for a IGF game we do an art style like this. Everyone said it'd look stupid and ugly.

Boy do I feel cross about it now. Seeing as that looks really good and what we had ended up looking like plastic barf.

----------------

joke_explainer

i forgot to post a screen, here:

Pro Target

bayonetta has basically the best combat system in any game ever

cuntman.net

:ughh:

tao of lmao

i bit the bullet and bought darkest dungeon and it's pretty rad

dogcrash truther

Garbage Person posted:

i bit the bullet and bought darkest dungeon and it's pretty rad

i have some tips.

gently caress everything else, upgrade stagecoach network as often as you can to the exclusion of any other buildings.
you're in the best position partywise when you can use battles as an opportunity to reduce stress and increase hp. you do this by killing all but one enemy, and then spamming heal and stress heal moves until your party is relatively intact again.
for this reason vestals are the best class and should be in every party you can manage to get them into.
moves that stun opponents are real important too. and push/pull moves are very useful. for this reason occultists are real cool (their heal thing is great, don't be put off by the bleed side effect because your party usually resists the bleed anyway)

my best party setup so far has been

vestal+occultist+crusader+leper

tao of lmao

dogcrash truther posted:

i have some tips.

gently caress everything else, upgrade stagecoach network as often as you can to the exclusion of any other buildings.
you're in the best position partywise when you can use battles as an opportunity to reduce stress and increase hp. you do this by killing all but one enemy, and then spamming heal and stress heal moves until your party is relatively intact again.
for this reason vestals are the best class and should be in every party you can manage to get them into.
moves that stun opponents are real important too. and push/pull moves are very useful. for this reason occultists are real cool (their heal thing is great, don't be put off by the bleed side effect because your party usually resists the bleed anyway)

yeah i only have a single vestal atm and it's rough going with no healers

tao of lmao

finn, duckie, and bwatts all got slaughtered in the same battle. Ron barely escaped with his life and only regained his sanity after several trips to the brothel.

dogcrash truther

Garbage Person posted:

yeah i only have a single vestal atm and it's rough going with no healers

yah if you send a party out without a healer, just assume that what you're doing is seeing how far they can push into a dungeon before they have to abandon the quest and you fire all the ones that didn't die because they're too psychologically damaged. they're just there to farm gold for the heroes that stayed behind gambling and praying and such

tao of lmao

it didn't occur to me i could cut people thats not a bad idea. way cheaper than sending them to the asylum

Senior Management

dogcrash truther posted:

i have some tips.

ugghhh you make me want the video game so badly and I don't want to wait for it to be finished and I also just got Sunless and gently caress it gonna buy it tomorrow because I am responsible with money

:jerry:

i am he

dogcrash truther posted:

i have some tips.

hahaha you play video games you piece of poo poo bitch

problematic hug

im good as heck at video games and people will attest to this if pressed but sometimes they'll say it of their own volition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes

i am he posted:

hahaha you play video games you piece of poo poo bitch

----------------